Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,556 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos (11934 Views)

NAFDAC Lists Adulterated Wines, Drinks, Shows Steps To Verify Original Products / Man Slumps And Dies During Nigerian Army Screening In Akwa-Ibom (Photos) / Sandra Bassey Distributes COVID-19 Palliatives In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
For 11 year-old Master Emmanuel Ephraim Sunday, from Ikot Iyire, Ikot Abasi LGA, life has been hell. The Primary 4 pupil of UBE Primary School, Itam, Akwa Ibom State, has been in severe pains since Sunday, 6th May, 2018, when he sustained burns as a result of fire incidents caused by a stove explosion resulting from adulterated kerosene.

The poor boy is still agonizing in pains at the St Athanasius' Hospital, Abak Road Housing, Uyo, where he was rushed to shortly after the fire incident.

According to a family source, Emmanuel proceeded to the kitchen to light up the stove in an attempt to boil water to make garri. A source said, it was not the first time Emmanuel was operating the stove.

"His attempts to light up the stove were proving unsuccessful and on closer examination, he discovered there wasn’t kerosene in it. His nursing mother sent him, being the eldest, to buy kerosene at a filling station but since there was no product there he returned to No 4 Ikot Ndem Street, Off Calabar Itu Highway, where he bought the kerosene", the family source said.

The source further explained, "After pouring the kerosene into the stove reservoir, in an attempt to light it, that was when an explosion ensued.

"Before he knew it, fire had engulfed the whole kitchen, leaving him severely burnt. His screams for help attracted his nursing mother and neighbours who came to the rescue, put out the fire and rushed him to the hospital", the source said.

The kerosene seller, the reporter was told has refused to submit the kerosene which some neighbors alleged it is adulterated, for scrutiny

The poor Emmanuel has remained gummed to his sick bed close to two months. He always cries, as the unbearable pain tears through his body. And the ceaseless cries also bring tears to the eyes of the nurses attending to the poor boy.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/adulterated-kerosene-leaves-11-year-old-boy-badly-burnt-in-akwa-ibom-photos.html

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by theophorus(m): 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Man inhumanity to Man... Just because you want to make 'Extra profit'.

Was just thinking about People who Produce/Sell Fake drugs... I just hope they know the Multiplier effect of their actions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by eezeribe(m): 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
OK
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by zinachidi(m): 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Chai. Why sell bad kerosene. Just to make money.

Speedy recovery.

P.S: you seeing my signature is important to me.

3 Likes

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by chuksjuve(m): 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
The consequences of sharp and corrupt practices all in the bid to make gain...

God have mercy !!!

4 Likes

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Homeboiy: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
aww... too bad
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by psucc(m): 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
This is man's inhumanity to man. Just because someone wants to make ends meet, he doesn't care about the lives of others.

#GetWellSoon

4 Likes

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by anibi9674: 5:57am On Jun 26, 2018
kpo fire boys please stop jamming fuel and kerosene together, if you have a shortfall of kerosene sell it that way

1 Like

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by azshion1: 6:00am On Jun 26, 2018
Feeling for the kid.
Get well soon.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 26, 2018
I console with this boy and i wish him speedy recovery. We Nigerians need to speak up in situations and don't let it slide.
The owner of the gas station should be held accountable for this. Next time, if he's still in business, he'd be more careful with his dealings and stuff like thus would reduce.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by nicholartsdesign: 6:04am On Jun 26, 2018
this is so pathetic
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by maxtop(m): 6:05am On Jun 26, 2018
Hmmm ... all in the name of getting quick money. We often forget karma is a bitch. Ok oooo, let them kontinu, God is watching them in 3D

1 Like

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Authoreety: 6:05am On Jun 26, 2018
Sorry bro

I pray for ur quick recovery in Jesus name!
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by GMBuhari: 6:08am On Jun 26, 2018
Sorry for the boy,

People fail to realize that their ''hustle'' to break pipelines and use fake refineries to refine crude oil , and sell substandard / adultrated products to their people because they think it is ''awa oyel'' will always have consequences, I pray it affects their relatives soon , that way they will understand the pain the boy and his family are going through for the past few months

3 Likes

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by justi4jesu(f): 6:08am On Jun 26, 2018
So sad, get well soon little one.

P.S: You seeing my signature is important to me & you.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:11am On Jun 26, 2018
This is sad.
Wishing the innocent boy quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Benblaq(m): 6:12am On Jun 26, 2018
Genesis 48:20

“By you Israel will pronounce
blessings, saying,
‘God make you as Ephraim and
as Manasseh.’"

Ephraim my namesake, you are not going to die boy.

Abasi ke ayung Heaven akut that mkpo mfon ake demi nam nno eka afo, aya nam aya de okay ke nsinsi sinsi. amen
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Bossontop(m): 6:15am On Jun 26, 2018
undecided
Wickedness......the love of money is really the root of all evil

Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by maxiuc(m): 6:26am On Jun 26, 2018
angry

Kerosine so expensive now

N265 per litre

Where is hope for the common man , none

Nigeria under buhari worse ever and it still surprises me how people still believe that Nigeria is in the right track

Oh Lord just like the way you ended king Ahab and Jezebel do same in Nigeria I curse anyone involved in the suffering of all Goodwill Nigerians May untimely death destroy them and their supporters

Oh Lord raise among us prophets as in the time of Elijah and Elisha
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by peterkelechi30(m): 6:28am On Jun 26, 2018
so sad. Get well soon boy
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Pavore9: 6:31am On Jun 26, 2018
Greed.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Born2Breed(f): 6:45am On Jun 26, 2018
God help us.
Gas.. Explosion
Kerosene... Explosion

Na firewood sure pass now.

Get well soon.

If the kerosene dealer is still operating then the parents are weaklings. What happens to setting that place ablaze overnight.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Biggyjoe554(m): 6:48am On Jun 26, 2018
Hard luck bro.
I wish you quick recovery.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Curiouscity(m): 6:49am On Jun 26, 2018
A friend of mine is still fighting for his life in same Akwa Ibom state because of this same kerosene explosion. He lost his daughter to that explosion, and the second child just got discharged from the hospital last week after roughly a month in the hospital.

Why are people this wicked? Do the sellers use this same products they sell to unsuspecting public?
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Trapnews: 7:01am On Jun 26, 2018
undecided
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by Maket: 7:02am On Jun 26, 2018
The reason why kerosene shouldn't be more expensive than fuel
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by KBdownloads(m): 7:15am On Jun 26, 2018
And why hasn't the kerosene seller been prosecuted after all this while? Even after refusing to submit the kerosene for inspection they just allowed them to go scott free to continue to sell the same kerosene to other people? This country is a shame.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by darelar(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2018
Presently now the kerosene is even costly than the original kerosene and it dried off faster according to users. A big ragolis bottle of it is sold between 700 to 800 naira. The best, cheapest and fastest is gas. We should turn to the use of cooking gas and be very careful while using it. No short cut as the implications is very bad.
Re: Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos by hotplate: 7:21am On Jun 26, 2018
imagine all this avoidable incident if kerosene is cheaper than fuel who would want to mix fuel with kerosene? and for those involve in this dastardly act I pray this evil catch up with your immediate family so that you know how it feels

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe / Pls Help My Face Is Rough Wat Should I Do / COVID-19: Ehanire Says Increasing Cases Can Exceed Government's capacity To Cope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.