Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe (11934 Views)

Sickle Cell Foundation Nigeria Outreach / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by AlexReports(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1xI5hwF5Y

Warriors' Hangout is specifically designed for people with sickle cell disease, their families, and caregivers. Through Warriors Hangout, those affected by sickle cell disease have access to a community of peers who can provide much-needed support and understanding.

The Valentine's Day special edition of The Warriors Hangout 2.0, which took place on February 18, 2023, at a Wingist restaurant in Wuse 2, Abuja, was a success because sickle cell warriors from the maiden edition was able to reunite despite the current difficult economic situation in Nigeria due to scarcity of cash, this time inviting new sickle cell patients.

It was a lovely occasion, moderated by Miss Anna Ochigbo and featuring Dr. Beckley Emmanuel, a physician who also happens to have sickle cell disease.

There were several topics covered, including different types of sickle cell crises, how to prevent and handle each one, depression and suicidal thoughts by sickle cell warriors, as well as drug addiction. In addition to the conversation, there were also questions and answers, food and drink, music, games, and prizes. Everyone who attended the event learned more about the illness and their role in taking control of their own lives.

Among the sponsors who made this event possible were Amstel Malta, Wingist Foundation, Precious HMO, Rilex Imagery, Film Avenue, and KFA Kitchen. The event could not have happened without their kind generosity.

https://www.abujapress.com/2023/03/hoplites-sickle-cell-foundation-hosts.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by AlexReports(m): 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
More

3 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by AlexReports(m): 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by AlexReports(m): 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by GOFRONT(m): 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2023
Warriors hangout. This is as a result of the carelessness of the parents who has allowed love to becloud their sense of reasoning the importance of checking genotype before copulation.

But is it the same Senator Dino Melaye (SDM) that coverage the event??

Is SDM now a photographer??

3 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Eife(m): 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Living with sickle cell is not easy at all
Sometimes the condition it makes you question God about your Existence
One minute you’re fine and full of life and the next you’re down rolling,crying in pains and praying to God for help as you try to fight through the pain hoping it won’t be the end
Sickle cell is real.
Please keep all warriors in your prayers

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Generalwoodz(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
There's this girl on my street who's a carrier. Shorty is beautiful, dropdead gorgeous, ass so great that brother man losses focus.

I lose focus Everytime. But I can't take a bold step to ask her out..

Nice one Alex... This is way more better than beauty Pageant.

8 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by DisLifeSha: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
Please someone should show me love. Type 1 Diabetes has been a big struggle in my life. My left hand has been numb for a while now. Its the effect of diabetes when not properly controlled. I've been unable to test my sugar level because of the much financial expenses. I'm only able to buy the insulin drug now

Sterling Bank 0018059493 Samuel Oyovwikigho
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Goodlady(f): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
AlexReports:
Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1xI5hwF5Y

Warriors' Hangout is specifically designed for people with sickle cell disease, their families, and caregivers. Through Warriors Hangout, those affected by sickle cell disease have access to a community of peers who can provide much-needed support and understanding.

The Valentine's Day special edition of The Warriors Hangout 2.0, which took place on February 18, 2023, at a Wingist restaurant in Wuse 2, Abuja, was a success because sickle cell warriors from the maiden edition was able to reunite despite the current difficult economic situation in Nigeria due to scarcity of cash, this time inviting new sickle cell patients.

It was a lovely occasion, moderated by Miss Anna Ochigbo and featuring Dr. Beckley Emmanuel, a physician who also happens to have sickle cell disease.

There were several topics covered, including different types of sickle cell crises, how to prevent and handle each one, depression and suicidal thoughts by sickle cell warriors, as well as drug addiction. In addition to the conversation, there were also questions and answers, food and drink, music, games, and prizes. Everyone who attended the event learned more about the illness and their role in taking control of their own lives.

Among the sponsors who made this event possible were Amstel Malta, Wingist Foundation, Precious HMO, Rilex Imagery, Film Avenue, and KFA Kitchen. The event could not have happened without their kind generosity.

https://www.abujapress.com/2023/03/hoplites-sickle-cell-foundation-hosts.html
Since you v been existing on Nairaland, this is your best post. I swear I thought all that's in your head is pageantry. Cos I was a guest at one you did some years back and your all white party. Kudos AlexReports.
Sickle cell patients are fighters. They go through pains you can't Imagine. It's those that v them as relations that can tell how they are faring. All SS deserve to live a good life.

9 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by tammie24: 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Life goes on
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Ournolly: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
I agree.
AS + AS should be made illegal.

3 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by sat70: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
S
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Kakamorufu(m): 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
Warriors.
It's not easy. But God gat y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Candidlady: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
alex who did you vote for
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Judolisco(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sir Alex we need more of dis.... Not all dis yeye beauty Queens all d time... SS patients dey really suffer... Check your genotype b4 u marry.... No bring children into dis world to come suffer

5 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by spagettiluv: 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
I sick anytime I see a post related to sickle cell
🥹
It not easy living with one

2 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by 1Sharon(f): 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ournolly:
I agree.
AS + AS should be made illegal.

That's a stretch.

2 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by ibkayee(f): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2023
Omo I saw ‘AlexReports’ and was scared this was going to be another one of his beauty contests, I’m so glad

My heart goes out to all those battling the condition ❤️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by damosade(m): 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
Am not ashamed ..I am also a warrior.

15 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Isabi4lov: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
They're the real warriors

Intending couples should know their genotypes, no amount of love should make you birth a child with sickle cell trait.
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by 9jaBloke: 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
smiley
Damilola was by far the loveliest girl in my class back in secondary school. Slim, tall, chocolate skinned, Gap-toothed, dimpled and flawlessly beautiful. She now had the most pleasant personality and temperament.

Dami was so full of life and love and always had a smile for everyone. Brilliant, generous, humble...very easily one of the best people I know till date.

She didn't return for SS 3-2nd Term and we all thought she had changed schools. Only for the news to drop that she had a crisis and didn't make it. We were sad for a long time, one of the saddest I have ever been.

I had zero idea that she was a sickler. Nothing gave her away. She was healthy, strong, lively, witty and happy.

I'll never forget that girl.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Salvation2: 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2023
May the Almighty God continue to sustain, provide and heal u all in Jesus name amen.

In all situations, let's remember that Jesus LOVES US. Jesus Christ died to save us all. Let us reconcile with Him today and accept Him as our Lord and personal saviour. With Him in our lives, even sickle cell will disappear according to ISAIAH 53:5 in Jesus name amen.

***Check my first topic on my home page, to see some of my testimonies. This can serve as a motivation to embrace and love Him more in ur life***

Shalom!!!
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by opalu: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by folake4u(f): 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
damosade:
Am not ashamed ..I am also a warrior.

I'm sending love and light your way. It is not easy at all. 💖💖💖

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Lvgirl: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2023
One.thing is sure in this type of hangout. You can never find love there. They can never marry each other. You can only wish.....

2 Likes

Re: Hoplites Sickle Cell Foundation Hosts Sickle Cell Warriors For A Valentine's Spe by Rickyforeign(m): 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2023
Lvgirl:
One.thing is sure in this type of hangout. You can never find love there. They can never marry each other. You can only wish.....
Fact!! 🙌
E be things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adulterated Kerosene Leaves 11-Year-Old Boy Badly Burnt In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Pls Help My Face Is Rough Wat Should I Do / COVID-19: Ehanire Says Increasing Cases Can Exceed Government's capacity To Cope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.