Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? (34101 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / Maradona Gives Nigeria A Middle Finger During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by shaibu123: 2:26am On Jun 27, 2018
MY observation is the innocent souls slaughtered in plateau state

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by MYHUBBY: 4:11am On Jun 27, 2018
the coach is just too sluggish in decision just like omeruo who took a late decision to use and leg and contest with that messi goal

if we have someone like Taye Taiwo, following messi, I know he must have contested gaining that ball/disturbing messi to shoot.

the coach did a very stupid thing by starting iheanacho despite all his flop against Iceland. yes ighalo messed up but I believe if he had use ighalo in first half, there will be a force in that front. there was no striker in our front throughout in the first half and there is little musa could do when iheanacho keep playing selfish and confused ball

thanks to the coach for removing iheanacho immediately after we resume second half but in the early of 70mins I expect him to bring in iwobi to play free role immediately

substitute Idowu for ebehuhi in 85mins. change your 3-5-2 to 5-4-1.

he wasn't communicating with those guys, he was just pointing hand for them how to play when they're not eaglets

yes the ref and VAR were bias but if we had played and be professional, we would have outsmarted them

as far as am concern, I can't waste my accolades to any players because they were not send there to try, they were sent with taxpayers money to play good football. there are many strikers in home base player wasting away. it's those ready made that are making millions in a week that they choose to call

I give the defence to balogun and ekong, omeruo really mess up big time

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by thunderbabs: 4:25am On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo and Yakubu must be blood related
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by olaboy1: 4:29am On Jun 27, 2018
My anger is against the Nigerian government and it’s Caucasian worship. Is this the local content campaign they have been preaching when they can’t even hire a local coach so the money can circulate within.

We can’t lead Africa with this mindset. I just wish other ECOWAS countries would pull out of this contraption.

All our ex super eagles players were coached by Caucasian coaches and I believe they would have been capable to manage the team.

So lesson learnt for me is that even with our Caucasian slave master, we still lost 2 games out of 3.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Dollabiz: 5:08am On Jun 27, 2018
ohhh
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by oweman: 5:21am On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=stefanweeks post=68852874]My own is that

The boys are not ready to become world champions .☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Nigerians certainly overrated thier players even though not even one single player is outstanding .
Fake hyping .

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by laura8: 5:28am On Jun 27, 2018
LOSKYXANDER:
1. Super chickens played like all they needed was a draw, and then the worst happened. It's really embarrassing that we could not even make the best out of the cheap penalty goal by maintaining a draw. Perhaps truly FOOTBALL ISN'T FOR AFRICA That's what FIFA means right??

2. I noticed Iheanacho's mouth was open from the beginning of the match to the end. One day House fly will fly inside grin

grin grin...your second point eh...I noticed it too..the guy was just a disappointment..
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Born2Breed(f): 5:33am On Jun 27, 2018
DIYhackers:
what's this one saying, use your head

Borrow head,you got none for brain to occupy.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by DIYhackers: 6:02am On Jun 27, 2018
Born2Breed:

Borrow head,you got none for brain to occupy.
empty head, we're talking super eagles she's talking Buhari. Mumu
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Born2Breed(f): 6:14am On Jun 27, 2018
DIYhackers:
empty head, we're talking super eagles she's talking Buhari. Mumu

Well I'm not surprised. When stupidity runs in a family,this is what you get.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by ogundeleai(m): 6:17am On Jun 27, 2018
Its complete dominance and clear indication that Gap between white and black interms of football is huge
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Sike(m): 6:42am On Jun 27, 2018
mazimee:
Ighalo was not supposed to play this match. He has been very poor for us. One of the worst striker I have seen in Eagles jersey.
Gbammm
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by nkjohnson22: 6:44am On Jun 27, 2018
I observed say NIGERIA loss,not that the boys were not good enough just dat APC inherited a weak team from PDP.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2018
The ediots couldnt even observe a minute silence for the dead in Jos Plateau
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by srclark: 7:10am On Jun 27, 2018
chinachris111:

WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, I WRITE THIS:
I am very sure majority of Nigerians left
everything they were supposed to do today to
honour our players as they struggled to reach a
positive end.
--------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I wish to congratulate our #players
for the wonderful performance they put out this
evening. I am sure we all saw that.
Yes we lost the match, oh yes I know we lost
the match. But did we really loose this match on
a normal ground?
My fellow Nigerians, I know how bad things are in
our country but let us put that aside for now
and consider the present situation.
......RACISM, OH YES RACISM!!!!
They treated us with contempt, denied us our
# right in the presence of the whole world and
made us look as if we are not humans. I know
very well that our players struggled, of course
they really struggled with everything in them, yet
their efforts were ruined, ruined not by normal
circumstances but with by hatred, and
magnanimous racism. Yes I know I may be
sounding stupid to some people but I am just
expressing myself the way I feel, and I know
very well that a lot of you out there are not
happy with what happened today.
Well, "the oil has spilled and cannot be
regained".
I suggest we appreciate our players for their
efforts and not criticize them(using the present
problems we are facing in Nigeria) because they
really did well.
Oh!!! It pains, it really hurts to be treated with
contempt, but I know one thing.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!
YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL FIFA AS A WHOLE IS VERY BIAS AGAINST AFRICA AS A WHOLE I AM STARTING TO BELIEVE THAT AND THEY ARE KILLING THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME I WATCHED THE MATCH WITH A FOREIGNER AND HE CLEARLY COMPLAINED ON THE OFFICIATING BEFORE MESSI GOES DOWN HE GETS THE FREE KICK,THE SAME WAY SERGIO RAMOS BROKE SOMEONES ARM IN A VERY BIG GAME AND WAS NOT SENT OFF AFRICA OH AFRICA WAKE UP
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by srclark: 7:13am On Jun 27, 2018
Kpartners:
Those that are saying that Nigeria was denied a penalty do not understand football.
The guy headed the ball and it touched his hand. It is called ball to hand and not a handball.
I rather blame the coach for not making changes towards the end of the game to hold on.
All the same, we do not deserve to qualify. Let us come home and face the terrorists that call themselves 'herdsmen'
keep decieving yourself with English words they were under pressure and he committed the foul na pressure dey cause am our penalty was meant to be given what of the leg to head tackles nko abegiiii the officiating was messed up ,so many free kicks where hurriedly taken all in a bid to cheat they can't just stand or picture Nigeria winning Argentina in world cup stage na only Olympics them leave for Africans that's why you see us winning thats kind of compensation so it will look fair ,let me take us back to atlanta 96 cause of fair officiating we came back from 3-1 to win Brazil 4-3 a team that had bebeto ,ronaldo,rivaldo,cafu,Roberto Carlos ,these bastard referee robbed us and stripped us naked before the whole world make caf still stand for this boys na let them complain or boycott
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by buJu234: 7:15am On Jun 27, 2018
all the observations i see here are 99% blame blame blame game....

whenever we fail, we just look for things/people to blame but forgotten that there are systems that we havent put to work all these yrs.

have u noticed that after USA 94 & Atlanta 96, that football level died in Nigeria why??

because

(1) Patriotism died, with the way we rewarded people like Rasheed Yekini, Dosu Joseph etc, whom sacrifice their skills to make Nigerians happy but were forgotten. so how do u expect ighalo to sacrifice his leg just to score that risky goal in front of that Argentina defender (that is ready to die for his country & will be greatly rewarded for it)

(2)Institution, which Nigerian club can u compare with Argentina Boca Junior. Argentina football federation has a strong institution that support that their football league even in recession. how is our local league?

(3)No Future Plan, the likes of Messi, Aguero etc have been playing together since their under-17. apart from Mikel, whom again is from that Mikel under-17 set? Nigerian football doesn't have any long term plan. Just the normal fire brigade approach plus the religious scam PRAYERS.

(4) Lastly, but not the least, we dont support our local coach. how many of our local coaches have we sent abroad for training, internship with big clubs like Man.U, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. Just imagine that we pay the so called foreign coach (many of them, cant even coach a local club in Europe) 10x more than our own Nigerian coaches? why

there is a bible passage i like read to Nigerians,

Gal. 6v7: Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

if u sow a poor systems / poor institutions, i think its a sin (because u want to mock God) to expect great results. because u didnt work for it.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by srclark: 7:25am On Jun 27, 2018
Diru:
na Maradona I just dey watch
that one na national embarrassment na
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Muzikluva(m): 7:30am On Jun 27, 2018
DIYhackers:
Coach was clueless, no experienced coach would play Ighalo ahead of Iwobi

Referee was so incompetent

We have no defenders

Super eagles have no game plan

They deserve to come home
Thank you. I can bet if it was Iwobi.. The story would have been different. Ighalo is just the new version of Yakubu Aiyegbeni undecided
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by icon007(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2018
MD45:

Guy.... Check wetin you write again..... Check.... Check

LOL... The trauma yesterday was just too much... Italy... In some minutes to go. shocked shocked
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by icon007(m): 8:18am On Jun 27, 2018
lexy2014:
baggio in Argentina

Sorry. Na Italy. Yesterday trauma! shocked shocked
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by missingribs: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerian u people like cheap things....Una dey find cheap goals.... possession of ball Una no get imagine for 90min Una possession na just 39%....dem dey play monkey post for world cup..... Argentina deserve to win Jare.....
Make I wear my ������������run ���������������☦☦☦☦comot b4 Mr Etim go chop me raw�������������
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by lexy2014: 10:22am On Jun 27, 2018
icon007:

Sorry. Na Italy. Yesterday trauma! shocked shocked
i understand. Just remember say dem go collect their salary
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by CeeKay17: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2018
pikkasso:
Did you watch yesterday's game against portugal?? Abeg my friend if u don't know what to say just kip kwayet... we lost a handful of opportunities due to errors from ihenacho and ighalo.. But not whit standing we were robbed of some advantages.. E.g . The handball which would have been a penalty, the high boot against ihenacho which. Would have been a straight red card.. The 2nd tackle from that argentine player who was already on a yellow card but wasn't awarded another card just not to give us the advantage.. Nigga the list is endless.. When you put two or three together you would have seen a diffrent outcome
LMAO, straight red card indeed. Refs don't give players 2 yellows except both fouls are really bad. One of the fouls usually comes with a warning. And that wasn't a penalty, it's not the same situation with what happened with Iran. Iran's player nodded the ball and it hit the hand of the Portugal's player preventing it from reaching it's destination. Rojo nodded the ball against his own hand which was obviously an accident.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by babytoun: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2018
eluquenson:
The major setback was the coach using three strikers in second half, why bring in ighalo when we have defenders on bench

Our strikers are mere onlookers, they can't score but rather protest.

So many mistakes from the coach and super eagles players are mere average players.

if ighalo scored one of those clear chances would you say what you have just said.......hindsight bias

I observed that ighalo is a useless striker...that first opportunity he missed was even better than the penalty he was asking for

I observed that the ref was a bit biased when he did not ask mascherano to go for treatment with blood on his face ...he did not want Argentina to be 10 players momentarily

I observed that our penalty was soft too...May be that affected the ref in the second one

I observed that etebo played too much to the gallery which was not necessary since he hastily signed a new contract before the wc

I observed that Moses played the game throughout a s a full back and not a wingback ...the coach could have brought in ebuehi and push Moses up to pair with musa
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by babytoun: 10:54am On Jun 27, 2018
bonechamberlain:
yes there was bias in the second half from the ref, it seems everyone wants to see messi not Argentina in the world cup.

2) ighalo is a below par striker, no difference between the goal he missed and the first one Musa scored against Iceland.

3) In any international tournament, Nigeria must make sure they have 50% home based and 50 international players. there was lack of hunger from the players.

4) etebo is the only world class player in the super eagles.

5) Nigeria should learn from Senegal and make use of local coaches.

6) Argentina is a very poor team, they won with experience and hunger

learn from which Senegal...they are reaping the benefits a weak group ...let them play Columbia first before we start giving them undue praise

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by eluquenson(m): 10:57am On Jun 27, 2018
babytoun:

if ighalo scored one of those clear chances would you say what you have just said.......hindsight bias

I observed that ighalo is a useless striker...that first opportunity he missed was even better than the penalty he was asking for

I observed that the ref was a bit biased when he did not ask mascherano to go for treatment with blood on his face ...he did not want Argentina to be 10 players momentarily

I observed that our penalty was soft too...May be that affected the ref in the second one

I observed that etebo played too much to the gallery which was not necessary since he hastily signed a new contract before the wc
My statement is clear and lacks ambiguity, I never for once supported super eagles and I am proud of that. Pls don't ask for reasons.

Ighalo is a poor striker, he lacks the rhythm. I trust Musa both day and night he will score those goals.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by SyndyB(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2018
chinachris111:

WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, I WRITE THIS:
I am very sure majority of Nigerians left
everything they were supposed to do today to
honour our players as they struggled to reach a
positive end.
--------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I wish to congratulate our #players
for the wonderful performance they put out this
evening. I am sure we all saw that.
Yes we lost the match, oh yes I know we lost
the match. But did we really loose this match on
a normal ground?
My fellow Nigerians, I know how bad things are in
our country but let us put that aside for now
and consider the present situation.
......RACISM, OH YES RACISM!!!!
They treated us with contempt, denied us our
# right in the presence of the whole world and
made us look as if we are not humans. I know
very well that our players struggled, of course
they really struggled with everything in them, yet
their efforts were ruined, ruined not by normal
circumstances but with by hatred, and
magnanimous racism. Yes I know I may be
sounding stupid to some people but I am just
expressing myself the way I feel, and I know
very well that a lot of you out there are not
happy with what happened today.
Well, "the oil has spilled and cannot be
regained".
I suggest we appreciate our players for their
efforts and not criticize them(using the present
problems we are facing in Nigeria) because they
really did well.
Oh!!! It pains, it really hurts to be treated with
contempt, but I know one thing.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!

With tears in your eyes?..... Please come and get some handkerchief to wipe it off.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by DIYhackers: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
Born2Breed:

Well I'm not surprised. When stupidity runs in a family,this is what you get.
You're not well brought up thats why family came into your empty brain. I wonder if you knew your father, obviously you were raised without a father
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by pelezico: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
No no no no and no. Nigeria and the other going bome african teams were nit good enough. Nigeria was not prepared well and players were not good footballers period. I really dislike this race baiting crap when the individual or party is to blame.

Nigeria sucked big time

srclark:
YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL FIFA AS A WHOLE IS VERY BIAS AGAINST AFRICA AS A WHOLE I AM STARTING TO BELIEVE THAT AND THEY ARE KILLING THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME I WATCHED THE MATCH WITH A FOREIGNER AND HE CLEARLY COMPLAINED ON THE OFFICIATING BEFORE MESSI GOES DOWN HE GETS THE FREE KICK,THE SAME WAY SERGIO RAMOS BROKE SOMEONES ARM IN A VERY BIG GAME AND WAS NOT SENT OFF AFRICA OH AFRICA WAKE UP
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Ayomathy01(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
pelezico:
No no no no and no. Nigeria and the other going bome african teams were nit good enough. Nigeria was not prepared well and players were not good footballers period. I really dislike this race baiting crap when the individual or party is to blame.

Nigeria sucked big time

well said bro.... No body is actually talking about the penalty given to Nigeria oh.... Because it was clearly a wrong call by the ref.... Balogun dived...
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
chigo5:
yeah if you look at da Messi's goal he no compose him sef he was still checking his angles Bfr reacting to d ball, I think he could have save the Messi shot, my opinion though

though am not a keeper, I believe he should keep it too... moreover he doesn't catch a ball, always pull it out. So, if pull out, my brother messi won't just have mercy than to adjust it well in the net. who knows may be our keeper will be more fit and stable come next year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Argentina And Brazil Stars Train For Copa America Semi-final Showdown / Vincent Enyeama & Wife, Promise In A Hot Tub / Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.