Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,454 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 (10839 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

South Africa: 23% (12 votes)
Uraguay: 71% (37 votes)
Draw: 5% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by philip0906(m): 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
I can bet my balls that FIFA has made all the money it has targeted for this tournament,if not the HOST can never go out in the first round of a major competition like this(though south africa are not yet out) undecided
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by kenerep: 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2010
are u well at all? Abi u don dey smoke Igbo?

The only racists involved are you whiny backside girls on this forum. A weak team loses to a better team and u guys are acting like cry babies. Make una continue to dey blame other people for una self-inflicted woes.  White man cause una to lose my nyash. Nonsense Angry

Can anybody tell me what the ref did wrong?

He was spot on with regards to that penalty decision. Anyother thing I missed?

@Sage why I do not result to insult I do not take it lightly expecially from someone who does not know what he has read! Do you understand english at all? Did you read what I posted? It is a pity a computer has found a way to you! If you understand football well enough I am sure you won't be saying the rubbish you just posted I won't go into whether it is a penalty or not since you are not learned to that extent to explain to! I have watched many games where the african team is always on the loosing side of bad officiating and i only queried is there no black ref! if you read well and understand you will see that i already praised the Uruguayans for being the better side but it is a pity tainted is not a word you are accoustomed to, what a pity!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2010
can somebody please put a video of that goal to end this controversy once and for all
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by canuck(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2010
My colleague thinks the poor officiating may not be unconnected to the damn VUVUZELAS!!

That yeye referee HATES vuvuzelas. . . and the vuvuzelas went silent today  sad
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2010
Sage: Sorry.

Look at 26 sec. for offside.

http://www.d1g.com/video/space/sports/show/?id=3793190
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

Sage: See the clip I put up above. Suarez is clearly OFFSIDE when Cavani touches the ball. You have to be blind to claim otherwise after seeing the clip.

still waiting for your clip that proves ur point

Someone might still be using an Analogue TV (if there is anything like that).
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2010
kenerep:

@Sage why I do not result to insult I do not take it lightly expecially from someone who does not know what he has read! Do you understand english at all? Did you read what I posted? It is a pity a computer has found a way to you! If you understand football well enough I am sure you won't be saying the rubbish you just posted I won't go into whether it is a penalty or not since you are not learned to that extent to explain to! I have watched many games where the african team is always on the loosing side of bad officiating and i only queried is there no black ref! if you read well and understand you will see that i already praised the Uruguayans for being the better side but it is a pity tainted is not a word you are accoustomed to, what a pity!

Dude what are you talking about? I read what you wrote and you seemed to be accusing Massimo Bussacar of racism. When an African team plays mediocar and lose its disgraceful to start with this colour nonsense. Dont you see "Black" refs officiating FiFA games? What exactly do you mean by "Black Refs should be the ones officiating African teams games?

I read your post and yes it didnt make sense at all.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

Why Arabic website? Can't even see a video.

Just a warning!!!! Everything in Arabic is back to font . . . . .I hope your video is not showing reverse-action . . .lol Kidding.

Still waiting for a video have not seen one
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

I watched it on ESPN and initially thought it was offside too.

Then the replay a couple of times to my surprise, showed that Suarez was at least half a yard ONSIDE when the ball was deflected
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by canuck(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

Sage - Thanks for the clip

I couldn't watch the match, but that clip says it all - FRAUD!

If this match happened in a South American country, that referee will not see tomorrow's sunlight!

Two frauds there - (1) A clear offside, (2) Diving by Uruguay #9, leading to a RED card!

This referee is an ASSSSSSSSSSSSS! (And I don't use that word lightly! wink)
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2010
Again:

If you stop it well enough you'll get a screenshot where Cavani has yet to touch the ball and Suarez is already offside.

And here is the proof:

Suarez is already OFFSIDE before Cavani even touches the ball (see PIC no 1).
Suarez is even more OFFSIDE just before Cavani passes the ball (see PIC no 2 - Cavani has yet to touch the ball in this shot).

Sorry. It's right in front of your face and there is no denying it.

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2010
mikeansy:

Why Arabic website? Can't even see a video.

Just a warning!!!! Everything in Arabic is back to font . . . . .I hope your video is not showing reverse-action . . .lol Kidding.

Still waiting for a video have not seen one

Suarez was completely ONSIDE when the ball was deflected.

I dont blame those who think it was initially offside. I did too.

But the replay showed otherwise and I would expect somebody who wants to accuse a very solid ref of "racism" to at least first be sure of what happened before leveling such an allegation at the ref
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

Again:

If you stop it well enough you'll get a screenshot where Cavani has yet to touch the ball and Suarez is already offside.

And here is the proof:

Can you get an ESPN version of the goal or any version with a line that indicates offsides. I tried to but ts hard for me where I am now.

ESPN did several replays because even the ESPN commentators thought it was offside and so did I.

But the replays with the lines showed that Suarez was completely onside.

I was actually surprised too because I had felt convinced it was offside
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'm sorry,  why the hell do you need lines when you have the above pictures,  it's clear as daylight.

Again - Cavani a split second before he touches the ball. Suarez is not even close to being onside - Suarez is on border of the lighter green grass, while Mokoena is several feet in front of that border:

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

I'm sorry, why the hell do you need lines when you have the above pictures, it's clear as daylight.

The reason I asked for that was because the replays on TV showed it as onside. I need to look for the replays with those indicators. Who knows maybe ESPN replays might have fooled everybody including me grin cheesy

Il check it out again and Il come back and confirm.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mbulela: 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2010
you guys should stop hating here.
these things happen all the time in the game.
even in the EPL, wrong calls are made and player simulation is an advanced art in top level football.
it can be painful when you are on the receiving end but Poo happens
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
the pics shows when the ball was just deflected of the last uruguayn before Suarez

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
The guy on the right does not interfere with play at that moment while Suarez ran into his new position

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKtDzoKoVF8&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by kenerep: 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2010
Obviously you still wont understand, a link has been pasted for you to go and watch the goal and have you done so? While I praised the uruguayans for their style and being the better team which you failed to see because of your lack of patience/understanding! I am accusing the ref of either a stupid decision or being a racist and why not if he makes such errors! I am right to call him names out of anger but come to think of it he just made one big error that would cost a nation a tournament? In the next 2-3 days fifa will come out and say the red card was wrong and the ref and his assistant got it wrong and that would be it but the end of story is south africa lost 3-0 in a game that could have just been a 1-0 loss which would have even still made qualifying easier and also the keeper wont play in the next match because of this same Massimo Bussacar stupid mistake! What a pity you still believe he his right!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
MikeAnsy - the first pic shows nothing,

Moment of touch - offside offside offside

I do however (after some thought) take back the PK. It wasn't a clear penalty and I don't think every ref would have given it and Suarez is a dirty diver, but the PK call was fine. I still wouldn't call it, but, well,

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by switch47(m): 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2010
tipster
South Africa vs Uruguay

This tournament has really shown that there is nothing like superior side, with what just transpired between the so call ‘Super’ Spain vs Switzerland with Swiss trashing Spain with a lone goal and Spain taking all the possession. Anyway back to what we have in hand South Africa vs Uruguay. Uruguay have higher chances of carrying the day with excellent strikers like Abreu, Forlan, and Suarez and Gargano coming back to the middle, in my preview, I think Uruguay are better prepared and positioned to win this game not minding home advantage.

South Africa, going by their first encounter between Mexico which the Mexicans lost a lot of chances in the first half and the game ending in a 1-1 draw. I don’t think they will have that luck against Uruguay side today because the Uruguay are so organized with killer strikers. I give kudos to the bookies for the excellent odds for this game, because I didn’t give any second thought on Uruguay.

Prediction: Uruguay to win

MYKALi said

^^
you and your lousy predictions
you are fast becoming another ''switch47''

@topic
SA will be supported by a massive crowd, and the vuvu-blalas will be deafening
they will surely be buoyed by their performance against Mexico and will go for a win
their only problem will be from finishing, and one or two flops in defense
but i see them clinching this

possible scoreline SA 2-1 Uruguay

WHO BE THE MUMU NOW? and who dey lousy now, hehehehehhe shiorr
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 9jafreak: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2010
mikeansy:

The guy on the right does not interfere with play at that moment while Suarez ran into his new position

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKtDzoKoVF8&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]

At 3:23 when the pass was made,

Suarez was NOT OFF-SIDE and began his MOVE

But there was a deflection on another Uruguan.

But does that count? Because Suarez, like the ball, was already on the move anyway!

And no, it's not OFF-SIDE if the ball touches you behind the last defender - as long as you don't move behind the defence line BEFORE THE PASS
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by kenerep: 11:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
And no, it's not OFF-SIDE if the ball touches you behind the last defender - as long as you don't move behind the defence line BEFORE THE PASS

thx for explaining to him!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mikeoscar: 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2010
Sincere thanks to the NL e-commentary team led by snowdrops

Able members of the award-winning e-commentary team included 9ja4eva, tit_squeez, buzugee, thando, mike_oscar, mykali, tipster and dominique

You're really, truely very kind, when do I get the actual award/kpali grin grin grin

Thanks friend. I enjoy every moment of clean jokes on this forum, BTW where was Sagamite today
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by kobikwelu(m): 12:16am On Jun 17, 2010
though we all know that suarez is an accomplished diver,

NEVER EVER GIVE THE REF A REASON TO AWARD A PENALTY AGAINST U, NEVER LEAVE A TRAILING LEG COS SMART ATTACKERS WOULD BRUSH THEIR FEET AGAINST YOURS AND FALL AS IF THEY HAVE BEEN SHOT,

thats the highest level of the game, everybody is looking for the slightest advantage over the other,

and plss drop this crap about racism, SA played as if they were hoping to score from nothing, how many shots on goal

other things,

we can stand here and argue over replays (cos you have the luxury of watching it over and over for 100 times),
try doing so in real time and ull see how great a job these refs are doing,
at first i never knew the ball touched cavani, i tot the ball went strait to suarez, till i saw the replay,
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by kenerep: 12:32am On Jun 17, 2010
As a sign of sportmanship to all those I might have offended today with ma comments I say I am sorry i just couldn't help watching ma darling african team get battered! Though the Uruguayan's were better which we all know the red card was totally wrong and also I believe it is wrong to call the ref a racist *which i did* mistakes happen and he has just a split of a second to make a decision but I guess it is those decisions that make others better! To Sage in paticular next time when you throw a jibe I will take it as a joke cos it seems no one is out to insult the other, to you as well I say I am sorry! I hope the Eagles win tomorrow though!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:39am On Jun 17, 2010
I stopped watching the match in annoyance @ 2-0. So Uruguay still added one more goal? cry undecided

Oh. . .Poor South Africa! grin
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mamagee3(f): 12:41am On Jun 17, 2010
South Africa sucked throughout the whole match and it looked like the referee was against them.

The players were scared of taking shots or something plus they didn't dribble throughout the whole match.

They didn't even make an attempt to score. . .

I even foresaw the penalty against them.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 12:47am On Jun 17, 2010
mama-gee:

South Africa sucked throughout the whole match and it looked like the referee was against them.

The players were scared of taking shots or something plus they didn't dribble throughout the whole match.

They didn't even make an attempt to score. . .

I even[b] foresaw[/b] the penalty against them.

Mamagee, you foresaw the penalty?
So can you forsee Nigeria's resultz tomorrow?
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mamagee3(f): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2010
^^I didn't forsee it like a prophet or anything, I just saw it coming. . .

Nigeria's match can never be forseen, lol. grin

Cause they can disgrace themselves at anytime.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 12:54am On Jun 17, 2010
mama-gee:

^^I didn't forsee it like a prophet or anything, I just saw it coming. . .

Nigeria's match can never be forseen, lol. grin

Cause they can disgrace themselves at anytime.

Take a shot at this. . . . . .I know you can do it.
Afterall, it's your hubby's(Taiye Taiwo) team.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 1:14am On Jun 17, 2010
kenerep:

As a sign of sportmanship to all those I might have offended today with ma comments I say I am sorry i just couldn't help watching ma darling african team get battered! Though the Uruguayan's were better which we all know the red card was totally wrong and also I believe it is wrong to call the ref a racist *which i did* mistakes happen and he has just a split of a second to make a decision but I guess it is those decisions that make others better! To Sage in paticular next time when you throw a jibe I will take it as a joke cos it seems no one is out to insult the other, to you as well I say I am sorry! I hope the Eagles win tomorrow though!
No problems guy. Im sorry too if I came across the wrong way as my intention was not to insult. I am an Italian league fan and I know Massimo Bussacar is one of the best around. I had seen replays done to check for offside while watching the game and it was clear Suarez started his run in an on-side position and the goalkeeper had contact with Suarez hence penalty.

I was just saying that even if the ref got both calls wrong it does not mean he is racist. Mistakes happen in football too. Everyone of us on this site would hate to be on the recieving end of a wrongful "racist" accusation.

Also a white ref being biased does not even neccesarilly translate to racism. African refs also have biases even in African Nations cup. They sometimes favour one country over another.

In this particular case I felt the ref was spot on so the accusation of racism seemed very unwarranted. Even if he was wrong it would probably have been a case of a bad call. I dont think we should level serious allegations like that without a very solid basis.

No probs sha. I feel your loss. I wanted South Africa to progress and I wanted as many African countries as possible in the 2nd round so it was panful for me too.

No worry though, Just join the Naija team wink. Na the winning team be dat cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Women’s Afrobasket: D’tigress Destroy Guinea, Set For Tough Senegal Clash / Playing Nairabet Online Is Better Than Playing On Desk?check This Winning trick / Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.