Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Less Is More - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Less Is More (38420 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Less Is More by Lazyreporta(m): 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
You see women who cook, wash, clean, have sex in all imaginable style to keep the man they are dating?
Most times those men don't end up marrying them, and I'll tell you why..
Do you get irritated when you want to buy something from someone and they are desperate to sell to you?
They keep saying anything just to get you buy?

In most cases, how do you feel?
For me, I often feel that it's either something is wrong with the stuff or the price is inflated. I've discovered that desperation is a sign of the dearth of value, and a show of sheer insecurity. Why? So that by all means they can sell it out. It'll be gain for them to sell that stuff out no matter the price than to keep it back.

Relating this to relationships. When a woman or a man is trying so hard to keep a dating partner, that relationship doesn't lead nowhere in the end.
Why?

People don't want to feel like you're trying so hard to impress them. It devalues you and puts them above you. Most times the admiration they have for you wanes down.
Also, people who try so hard to keep a partner convey insecurity to their partners. In words, it sounds this way: “I am trying so hard to please you and impress you and make you stay because this is the only opportunity I have to marry....”

You sound so insecure that if this doesn't work, you won't embrace your personal beauty and move on.
If you have to do anything outside being yourself to impress a man, you're struggling with complex issues. You are desperate, and nothing devalues one like desperation.
A lady told me she'd just pack her things and cohabit with her man whenever she wants him to marry her. I had to school her. It's ridiculous. Withholding some most times draws out the best of your partner. Giving all just to be married is madness. You marry to give all, you don't give all to marry. Why? Because averagely humans are moved by what's not accessible.

I'm not saying folks who cohabit don't end up marrying but only 20% do. Why? Because less is more!
I'm personally more inclined to women who don't throw everything out. Women who don't try so hard to prove a point. Women who don't try so hard to push it.
It's basic psychology. Everyday a guy meets desperate women because the average woman is desperate for love and marriage. You become a different and exceptional woman when you ain't desperate.

Trying so hard to impress is a turn off. Be yourself. Don't play hard to get, be actually hard to get.
I'm not in any way saying that cooking or cleaning for your man is wrong, but if the motivating factor is to get him marry you. You are under selling yourself.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1495221047248918&id=100002831124159&_rdr

By Solomon Buchi Bartholomew

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Less Is More by Bintabisiriyu: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
So you want to buy charger you will not taste if it is working

11 Likes

Re: Less Is More by Lazyreporta(m): 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Less Is More by LifeofAirforce(m): 11:53pm On Jun 27, 2018
Tasting is allowed
Re: Less Is More by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 28, 2018
I love this smiley

When you try too hard, you fail so hard. Be you! smiley

27 Likes

Re: Less Is More by mimimile93: 1:30am On Jun 28, 2018
What if she puts juju in that food she's cooking for you?
Since I was born I have never eaten any food cooked by my girlfriend.. I don't trust beings who can't close their legs while urinating..

20 Likes

Re: Less Is More by femi4: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2018
Less is risky
Re: Less Is More by smart6(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2018
Lazyreporta:
You marry to give all, you don't give all to marry
Seriously

11 Likes

Re: Less Is More by sarahade(f): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2018
Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Less Is More by Naijawebmaster: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2018
TRUE! This applies to males too. Don't go beyond your means to impress a lady.... IT'S CRAZY!

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Less Is More by Albinoworwor: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2018
Different strokes for different folks.....there is no basic formula for a successful relationship

If destined to work out....it will

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Less Is More by Lazyreporta(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2018
What do you think Dominique?
Re: Less Is More by Massmike(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2018
Generally, people don't value things that come easy but beware. As you are working less someone is out there working more.
Don't end up loosing your partner.

50 Likes

Re: Less Is More by ImaIma1(f): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Less is really more. You cannot just show yourself finish and lick all the honey in the moon before the real honeymoon.

Withhold some...be mysterious.

12 Likes

Re: Less Is More by Massmike(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2018
ImaIma1:
Less is really more. You cannot just show yourself finish and lick all the honey in the moon before the real honeymoon.

Withhold some...be mysterious.
the point is in knowing the type of person your partner is. Some people like mysterious some don't. Not every body has time for mysteries or you think everybody is Sherlock Holmes.
just be wise

45 Likes

Re: Less Is More by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2018
Bintabisiriyu:
So you want to buy charger you will not taste if it is working
...test...

12 Likes

Re: Less Is More by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2018
Massmike:
Generally, people don't value things that come easy but beware. As you are working less someone is out there working more.
Don't end up loosing your partner.
...losing...

12 Likes

Re: Less Is More by Massmike(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2018
GrammarNazi1 :

...losing...
Mr pedantry syndrome thank you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Less Is More by ImaIma1(f): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
Massmike:
the point is in knowing the type of person your partner is. Some people like mysterious some don't. Not every body has time for mysteries or you think everybody is Sherlock Holmes.
just be wise

My point is you cannot bare it all. Save some for later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Less Is More by Massmike(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

My point is you cannot bear it all. Save some for later
I hope when you mean later you don't mean after marriage because some "mysterious" people don't make it to the marriage phase.

5 Likes

Re: Less Is More by victorian(f): 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
My own just be the best u can be in a relationship and leave nature and destiny to take its course. Simple.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Less Is More by Candypot(f): 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
When one dnt gives all one is easily taged nt bn serious, when one gives all one is taged too desperate/cheap... Humans! Are insatiable ... Jst be d best nd let destiny take its course.. Wat will be, will surely be.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Less Is More by ImaIma1(f): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
Massmike:
I hope when you mean later you don't mean after marriage because some "mysterious" people don't make it to the marriage phase.

You see why you should not bare it all...if they do not make it to marriage, they will keep baring it all to every guy they date till their body count becomes and issue that even you would raise an eyebrow wink

2 Likes

Re: Less Is More by Folashade2016(f): 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
OP it's a world of different strokes for different folks.

check my SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: Less Is More by 9japarrot: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Op is not serious,what the hell do you even understand about what you posted?

1 Like

Re: Less Is More by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Good opinion.

1 Like

Re: Less Is More by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
You must be very silly to equate humans with commodities. You can never be wrong for giving your all to someone you love. I have personally seen people who took that for granted and later ended up with selfish partners.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Less Is More by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Man Heartbroken As His Girlfriend Gets Married To Another Man / Nigerian Couple Hold A Game Of Thrones Themed Wedding Unclesuru / My Fiancée Wants To Abort My Unborn Child Because Of Nursing Council Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.