Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole (17209 Views)

Your Identity Is Still Unknown - Okowa Tells Tinubu / You’ll Destroy APC’, Deputy Speaker, Lasun Tells Oshiomole / You Cannot Overthrow Party Leadership - Kwara APC Tells Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by agwom(m): 5:20am On Jun 28, 2018
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has cautioned the new National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole to exercise restraint in his utterances as they were capable of heating up the polity.

Reacting to alleged remarks by the new APC helmsman that his emergence marked the annihilation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and APC take-over of Delta State in 2019, Governor Okowa charged the former Edo State governor to be mindful of his political utterances.

Senator Okowa charged politicians to be cautious in the choice of words and be decent in their approach to issues as activities towards the 2019 general elections commence.

Okowa, who reacted to questions from journalists at the second 2018 media interaction stated that Nigerians should not be divided because of politics.

“I believe that Comrade Oshiomhole is playing politics just as Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has a right to play politics as well as any other political party. The only advice I have for all politicians both in PDP and APC is that there must be decorum.

"We must be cautious in the language that we use as they should be decent and I believe that what politicians need to do is to address issues and when issues are addressed the people will make their choice.

"As politicians wherever you are, try to be civil in your approach to politics because that is the way it ought to be,” the governor said.

On the visit of a PDP presidential aspirant and former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar on a consultation visit to Delta State, Governor Okowa said: “If you followed us properly when he (Alhaji Abubakar) addressed Deltans, it was obvious that he made a lot of statements which did interest our people and he did say that he is a friend of the state and if his programmes as he says continues to interest the people, I will not be able to hold back the hands of the people.

“I am not going to force any Deltan to vote the way I think; Deltans who will be delegates in the convention will be allowed to exercise their discretion to vote. I am not the kind of person who insists on how a person should vote.

"So, if on his programmes he talked about restructuring and the people are excited and they want to follow him, they have that right. So I made my statement and it was clear and cautious and when Sule Lamido came, he spoke so well and he is also a man I respect. He also has his followers in the state. He was well received and I made my comments. So it is my hope that all the presidential aspirants in the PDP will start to talk with each other because not all of them will get into the final stage,” he stated.

He continued: “As I spoke when Alhaji Abubakar came, I was very cautious and that is because, I do not want as a governor to say that this is the man I am supporting, I do not want to directly support any candidate and people will be given the room to make their choice. The will of the people will be allowed to prevail and not my will.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/stop-heating-up-the-polity-okowa-tells-oshiomole-258322.html

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by pyyxxaro: 5:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Oshiomhole body just de hot like dog when de on heat

He should calm down alittle, we have too many wahala in this country now sad

30 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Tarzan360(m): 5:31am On Jun 28, 2018
The battlefield is open now between the two sons of bendel, one is a useless governor the other one ex governor and a vocal thief know as mr go and die, who will win is a topic for another day

20 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Banmeallday: 5:36am On Jun 28, 2018
“Heating up the polity”....?

Which one be polity? The Nigger Area or what?

Okowa if you have no better thing to say shut up. You client talk when hersdmen invaded your state, didnt talk when Python dance killed your people, didnt talk when Middle belt was being sacked by barbarians, and now you want to speak stupid grammer

8 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by mokaflex(m): 5:52am On Jun 28, 2018
For PDP flag bearer 019 'Like' for present Gombe state gov Dankwambo. 'share' for former VP Atiku

8 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by dbynonetwork: 6:04am On Jun 28, 2018
Please NAIRALANDERS help me I have an assignment at college of education Zuba and I would need you guys to help me to suggest a hotel I can lodge... My budget is 4000-6000k per night ...
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by revolt(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2018
In as much as i hate apc... i thinl delta state needs to have another party at the helms of affaits. Thts one pdp failure tht cant be overlooked. Their fellow pdp states in rivers, akwaibom, crossrivers are doing much better. Tho to be fair that state is 3 states in one but.....theres money there. The ppl arent industrious if not for the igbos there itd have been another bayelsa. My opinions tho.

10 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by uwa1(m): 7:38am On Jun 28, 2018
Oshiomole should be more concern with the internal issues in his party...

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by mysteriousman(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2018
No mind that loquacious Adams

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by wonuks(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2018
grin
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Kalapizim(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2018
true yan
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by debaj10: 9:44am On Jun 28, 2018
only?
him go cook d polity sef!
bubu is in control.
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by obailala(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2018
revolt:
In as much as i hate apc... i thinl delta state needs to have another party at the helms of affaits. Thts one pdp failure tht cant be overlooked. Their fellow pdp states in rivers, akwaibom, crossrivers are doing much better. Tho to be fair that state is 3 states in one but.....theres money there. The ppl arent industrious [s]if not for the igbos there itd have been another bayelsa. My opinions tho.[/s]
Lol.. if Apc mistakenly wins delta, in less than 1 week, 90% of PDP will switch.. Such is the politics in DT. grin

By the way, that ur opinion get as e be.. Haba!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by temitemi1(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2018
In a saner society, Oshiomole will be cooling of in jail by now.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by asawanathegreat(m): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2018
Oshiomole need Efcc now

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Sijo01(f): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2018
That is what the midget oshothief is known for. I wonder when he will be charged for looting Edo state treasury with his storm water project that never saw the light of the day

4 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by madridguy(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
For what offense?

temitemi1:

1 Like

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Sijo01(f): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
temitemi1:

Instead, he's playing the saint card

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Bizibi(m): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Oshiomole is a cunny politician so every core political guru know him very well,he wears black in the afternoon and wears white in the night,gov okowa don't bother about oshiomole's ranting,all na wash.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by emmyt2: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Osho BABA my man, ride on but you need to go and sympathize with the people of PLATEAU and BENUE STATES.
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Patrinus: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. . . . Case in study: Oshiomole! lipsrsealed

Dude's been going off tangent ever since he became chairman of APC worreva!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2018
He was crowned the National Chairman of APC just for him to be heating up the polity.
He's not smart, neither is he brilliant, he's just a taut that was opportune to lead Labour Union, from there the rest become history.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by anytexy: 9:50am On Jun 28, 2018
He makes too much noise for my liking. Effcc should visit him also.. he who comes for..... Mus come with a clean hand

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Pusyiter(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2018
Utterances do not heat up the polity as action does.
PDP told us years back that they would rule for 60 yrs.
Is that not an unguided utterance?
Oshio is free to say what is convenient but the clamour is for the restructuring of this faulty structure 9ja is standing on.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2018
grin grin Oshiomole the tyrant, Oshiomole the tout!

He has being employed to further bury the hopes and chances of APC

Na stone them go stone am last last

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by itu404(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2018
I told you before that FFK and Reno will found their match in Oshomhole, now the battle has already begun, before the gloves are even worn. Nigerian politics is a no-hold barred u and i know this.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Firefire(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2018
the kworupt shortman devil will not listen.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by MAJORBANKZ(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Please NAIRALANDERS help me I have an assignment at college of education Zuba and I would need you guys to help me to suggest a hotel I can lodge... My budget is 4000-6000k per night ...
you can come down to kubwa nysc junction we have affordable rooms #3500 and u pay .200 to nd fro to zuba college of education
Re: Stop Heating Up The Polity, Okowa Tells Oshiomole by Edu3Again: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2018
Nothing good can come from APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi’s Indelible Footprints On Enugu’s Milliken Hill Road / Enugu-onitsha Road Narrative Will Change In A Week’s Time- FG / Tiv Youths To Ortom: Forget Trivialities, Invite The VP To Commission Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.