Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,129 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

HIV Status Is Indeterminate - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Status Is Indeterminate (38631 Views)

My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This / Joe Muriuki Is Dead (First Kenyan To Go Public About HIV Status Dies) / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by mmb(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abstain. You no go hear
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by toysleek(f): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
BlindAngel:

The acute early symptoms that normally shown 2-4weeks after getting newly infected

Early symptoms during the window period(fever,headache,fatigue,night sweats,pain in your lymph nodes,skin rash etc)usually imitate other sicknesses like malaria and so you can never know unless you get tested after some weeks
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
Almunjid:

U r laughing. That shows that there is no truth in what u r saying. I knew it!

Nah, Am laughing @ U sir.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Almunjid(m): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Nah, Am laughing @ U sir.
Why?
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
Almunjid:

Why?
Because of how u insist on consoling ur self by believing that am lying.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Almunjid(m): 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:
Because of how u insist on consoling ur self by believing that am lying.
Everybody is entitle to his opinion... That's ur opinion, and I do not agree with u
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
mmb:
it seems some wailers will come suicide in 2019 when Buhari wins second term.
Who's talking buhari here? abegi
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Emmayoungstar: 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2018
obinnand:
I visited a medical laboratory for culture test. When I came back to collect the result. They collected another of my blood sample saying that they want to be sure, that I should please come the next day. The following day I returned they also colleted my blood sample saying that they want to be very sure. When I finally got the result it states that my HIV status is indeterminate. They advice me to come back in 3 months time for another test. This thing happened about 3 days ago since then I have not been myself. I need advice and I have never slept with a woman. Please medical laboratory scientists in the lab help me. My blood group is O.
Oga,indeterminate does not mean u have de virus or not,even though u contact the virus,it is not a death sentence,u only need to use my company product n it will be a story of the past.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by Volcano12(f): 11:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
taiwiki:
If they are still not sure after 3times why dont you go to another medical laboratory. The fault might be from them...na naija we dey.

Dont be scared bro just pray well
what do u mean ‘pray well’?Is HIV a sentence to death?People live with HIV for more than 40years,same as diabetes,hypertension,asthma,and many many more.Point of correction,they live with these illnesses,and if drugs are being administered,no cause for alarm.Well sha Naija and their mentality.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by taiwiki(m): 5:14am On Jun 30, 2018
Volcano12:
what do u mean ‘pray well’?Is HIV a sentence to death?People live with HIV for more than 40years,same as diabetes,hypertension,asthma,and many many more.Point of correction,they live with these illnesses,and if drugs are being administered,no cause for alarm.Well sha Naija and their mentality.
I wanted to ignore you but then again because you took your time to write these long sentences..
Kindly check my previous response to a mention like yours.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by mathew247: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2018
OP...You are a vampire.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by hidhrhis(m): 11:55am On Jun 30, 2018
tested negative of HIV after 10 month with alere determine test kit
shld I go to the lab again
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by mmb(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
hidhrhis:
tested negative of HIV after 10 month with alere determine test kit
shld I go to the lab again
go quickly.
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by hidhrhis(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
mmb:
go quickly.
u mean the determine doesn't detect hiv
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by weareok(m): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
Have been having an affair and sex with a gal for more than 3years, only to discover she was HIV positive last two months. Last two months my lymph nodes were swollen, I developed geographic tongue and muscle ache then I decided to get tested.I got the test result within 2hrs but it showed negative and that I only had malaria...
Should I still be worried?? cry
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by paduaultimate: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2018
fairfora:
We will vote him out, come 2019. What about you?
I can never, even with a knife on my neck
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by HarunaWest(m): 12:33am On Mar 06, 2020
pembisco:
Wasted pages so far.
First of all, you said you went for culture... HIV test does not require culturing your blood sample.
There are steps in HIV test.
1= Determine. If determine is non reactive, then you free (window period exclusive) If determine however is reactive, then the second step.
2= Unigold. If Unigold is also reactive, then you are HIV positive.
3= Stat pak. This step is called tie breaker. It used when " Determine " is reactive while "Unigold" is Non reactive. I guess this is your situation thats why they requested you come after three months. Most likely to rule out window period. I'm a lab scientist...my little knowledge
Hi lab scientist...If a rapid antibody test(Alere Determine and Unigold) are Negative at 11 weeks after exposure to infected blood, can such individual be declared free or she needs further test?
Thanks
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by pembisco(m): 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
HarunaWest:

Hi lab scientist...If a rapid antibody test(Alere Determine and Unigold) are Negative at 11 weeks after exposure to infected blood, can such individual be declared free or she needs further test?
Thanks

She's free
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by HarunaWest(m): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
pembisco:

She's free
Okay Thanks
Re: HIV Status Is Indeterminate by pembisco(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2020
HarunaWest:

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty / Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos, Dies Few Hours (pictured) / Overweight Man Rummages Through Rubbish Dump For Food In Cameroon(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.