Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (81489 Views)

Two Kogi State Polytechnic Students Die In Tanker Explosion - Pictures / Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Maximus85(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

God has always kept and protected me and my family. We are supernaturally excused from sudden and calculated disasters. Glory be to his name forever Amen!!

If he's good to you and your family too, identify by punching the like button

So your useless god is partial abi? He protects some and allow others to suffer. Get sense sir. Use sense.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by TheIjeleNwa: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
Cletus77:

So you support him on the rubbish write-up abi?
He is clearly making mockery of the victims and bereaved. You are not among doesn't mean you are the most righteous.
Time will tell
you shouldn't have replied him.
U validated his stupidity......
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by pattybf(f): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oh Jesus!

And I was just fed up of berger road to apapa today, that one has become an eye sore!

When will safeguarding d lives of citizenry be an utmost priority in dis country?

Rip to d dead!

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Hakeem12(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
Thanking God for grace. That's a very stupid thing to say. About 50 vehicles got burnt. I guess they all serve the devil. The traffic around that area itself is responsible for that count, not grace or whatever stupid thing anyone wishes to call it.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Cletus77(m): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
TheIjeleNwa:
you shouldn't have replied him.
U validated his stupidity......
Your opinion though
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Jeepi(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

God has always kept and protected me and my family. We are supernaturally excused from sudden and calculated disasters. Glory be to his name forever Amen!!

the day Death meets u, others will say the same thing that u have just said. Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5. Ecclesiastes 3:19 .
and Ecclesiastes 9:2. watch ur words, we all serve God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by RaptorX: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

Keep deceiving yourself.

Luke 13
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Acehart: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

So God was evil to some people's families?
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by martinskelly(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Acehart:

So God was evil to some people's families?
God is not evil to anyone or partial, it's just thst he was lucky not to have been there at that partular time. I'm simply saying if someone cheats dead then that person needs to thank God no matter the religion
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by PennywysCares(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

yea,I always believe that this God is partial, to others they are burning in flames, probably a father who leave behind children of eventually become fatherless, a wife who now a widow, or maybe a widow how will now leaves behind orphans in this cruel world. He is such a loving and caring god
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by SenRolexy1: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
RIP to the dead
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by iswallker(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Sitex:
everyday I stepped foot back home after work, the relief is immeasurable I thank God, the dark claws of death are everywhere in this country hunting people down.

laws and regulations are for a reason, without them we are savages. what will it cost for us to have a special route or a time corridor for heavy duty vehicles to operate especially the ones with inflammatory contents.

it's just really really SAD

may God give families of the death the fortitude to deal with this

Inflammable is the word..
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Reeb2244: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

Just to beg for likes? You are an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Tobycharles: 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

Does it mean those that were caught up in the web of the conflagration don't pray? Pls don't be insensitive because of likes.
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

As much as I get the message you're trying to pass, trust me you message didn't come off well.

Asking people to clickthe like button wasn't necessary. People will acknowledge your write-up without you soliciting for it as long as it makes sense. Stay blessed

BTW

May the souls of the departed rest in peace by the Mercy of God and may God's abundant Grace rest on the families of the departed in Jesus name, so they can pull through .

Lord I thank you for your Mercy and Grace upon me and my household. It's by your Mercy and I say THANK YOU SIR O... OLORUN E MA SE...
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Uptown7(m): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

Smh. Bomboclat!!!
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by delerx(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
And as usual the bunch of fools on nairaland are clicking his like button. Our youth no longer have common sense
ShakurM:

Just shut the fucck up. This is not the time for cheap likes at the detriment of the people who lost their lives          
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by hope4nigeria(m): 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

and 790+ fuuls like him hit like button, so you're now mocking the dead right? God can never answer prayers of people like you, many of the dead are more of believer than you, you're still surviving by grace, instead to wish there soul peaceful Rest, you're shamelessly asking your dump fellow for likes, ask God for forgiveness if not, the same fate may befall you before this June end

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by AreaFada2: 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
God is surely merciful.

But first we need to do things right ourselves too. Vehicles were made to be maintained regularly. But we like short-cuts. Precautions have to be taken as recommended. a lot of the disasters we experience are avoidable or can be mitigated.

I remember many years ago when over kilometers along Berger, a tanker bearing "flammable liquid" or something similar was spilling fuel (anything that burns is fuel, not just petrol as most Nigerians erroneously believe) on the road. Efforts to alert the driver failed. We were just praying that nobody lights a cigarette. Most road users either didn't notice it or realize the imminent danger of going up in flames everyone was in.

As it stands with the Otedola Bridge, we will probably never find the cause of explosion or even ever identify some of the dead. Many people in Lagos have no close friends or relatives to miss them quickly. Some are from various corners of the country.
Very sad in deed.

RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by okachie1(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

do u fink most of the dead didn't pray b4 leaving their houses 2day? Time and unforeseen occurrence befalls us all!

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by KanwuliaExtra: 12:51am On Jun 29, 2018
All these “it is not my portion” people.
The people that were involved are “DEVIL’S CHILDREN” ni? undecided

I taya for Christians I swear! embarassed

Always feeling superior grace.
No sympathy for the victims that their same “God” roasted fa? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by donqx: 1:22am On Jun 29, 2018
hmmm
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by ZUBY77(m): 1:44am On Jun 29, 2018
Simplep:
Hello,pls reply my email,wanna talk to u abt something

Use whatsapp.
+8613544479311
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by chccho(m): 5:11am On Jun 29, 2018
agbangam:

Relax guy, wen ur time or mine reach will both leave dis world. It was their time to exit this world but in a painful manner. Rip to the dead.

I totally disagree with this your statement. What do u even mean "when your time comes" As far as am concerned what happened here was people time being cut short by the carelessness & irresponsibility of the government and policy makers..if u were in a developed nation where everything works u wont be thinking like this. So many secondary school students lost their lives in that inferno, do u want to say their time was up at such a tender age or the lack of proper infrastructure?

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Fkhalifa(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2018
chccho:

I totally disagree with this your statement. What do u even mean "when your time comes" As far as am concerned what happened here was people time being cut short by the carelessness & irresponsibility of the government and policy makers..if u were in a developed nation where everything works u wont be thinking like this. So many secondary school students lost their lives in that inferno, do u want to say their time was up at such a tender age or the lack of proper infrastructure?
when is the appropriate time,how and where a man should die?

Sad scenario, may God strengthen the families of the deceased
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2018
younghartz:
when evil is at the front "we shall be at the back" if it's at the back " we shall be at the front". evil won't locate us in Jesus name.....
"He will cover us with his feathers. Under his wings we all will take refuge. His faithfulness is our shield and rampart."
Amen o
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by vatiqan(m): 7:56am On Jun 29, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

Display of stupidity to the highest order.
Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by geedup(m): 8:12am On Jun 29, 2018
we will all die...that's an inevitable event. but d thing is, in what way will dis happen is what we don't know. all those people that lost there lives did not know that something like that will happen on dt day and hour. I perused through the pictures and saw quite some expensive vehicles dt got burnt wit its occupants. and probably they all wound up there windows with the car AC chilling and feeling cozy with it while dis tragedy was yet to occur. as a layman will always say "man die, one woman somewhere dey born pikin". now the crux of what I am saying is, the way u live ur life now is important. your lifestyle and d way u treat people that surrounds u goes a long way. live a life worthy of emulation and be humble.

Some of you in this forum don't know that a friend or family member might be part of dis unfortunate tragedy.

God bless the souls that departed in this unfortunate event. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by CAPSLOCKED: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Nawa oo

BEING RELIGIOUS IS NEXT TO BEING STUPID (AND SELFISH, GULLIBLE, DELUSIONAL, DYSFUNCTIONAL, ARCHAIC, SELF-CENTERED, MENTALLY WEAK, DUMB). undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2018
Cletus77:

Take a deep breath and re-read what you wrote first. Any sane human would know that you are just campaigning for cheap likes at the expense of another person's comfort.

My guy I ave not commented once for likes on NL because your likes don't add a dime to my pocket. What I always fight for here is decency.

If you think anyone have commented wrongly, there is a better way to correct them than through insults.

"You are mad" "you are crazy" all sorts of abuses and curses.

The lady in question made an error by not sympathizing with the dead but it is not tru insult you should correct her. No.

No one is perfect so if you are correcting do it with love and respect.

Yet I still maintain that.thanking God for keeping her wasn't wrong only that she did it in a wrong way.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' by slickbak(m): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2018
You know say picture no go explain and you no run video. Mtccceew, Ju.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens / Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World / Donte Franklin: White Man Gifts N23m To Nigerian Man Who Treks 17 Miles To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.