Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (77296 Views)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Dolphin Killed At Atican Beach, Lekki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by cezarman(m): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
Davido324:
So you can't even spell correctly its jxt a pity empty brain
It's just....
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by adeowo84(m): 12:01am On Jun 29, 2018
mosho2good:
NAIJA IN D PLANE
# Mikel : So we are going home now
# Balogun : Yes o
# Etebo : Chai my first world cup
# Ighalo : Referee do ojoro for us
# Musa : shut up joo, see free post way you no fit score, no be like my ball way I score... walahi lemme catch you...
They started fighting (Musa & Ighalo)...
# Mikel : it's enough
# Ndidi : see as Messi dey dribble Idowu
# Idowu : Lemme hear word joo, you think say e dey easy for one person to mark Messi
# Iheanacho : Omerou no fit pursue Messi
# Omerou : When nobody to support me, Ekong dey do like ode for back
# Balogun : Sey Messi na god, way you and Idowu no fit stop ham
# Nwankwo : Moses, why you con dey fall like wall of Jericho na
# Ighalo : I wonder o
# Musa : Ighalo i said you should shut up, even remain silent till we land Abuja
# Rohr : will you all shut up, you played stupidly
# Iwobi : when you no start me nko, mtcheew
# BUHARI : (calling Mikel) wia is the cup you promise to bring back home, U guys should beta not come back home
# Moses : TELL AM SAY SNAKE DON SWALLOW AM jare ������������������

Haha haha... Baba u no well at all... Lol
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by stagger: 12:02am On Jun 29, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
shocked The Only Language we understand in Nigeria now is "KILL" Well they only killed an endangered specie unlike some savages who go about killing Human beings

Hippos are not endangered in any way. They kill more people than lions and crocs in Africa. Who are their natural predators?
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2018
Xander85:

Then the right thing to do would be to alert the relevant authorities, capture it and release it in a protected wild life reserve! Not butcher what in all likelihood could be one of the last hippos in the wild in Nigeria!

In Nigeria, that's a huge fu**ing joke.

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by badman007(m): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Endengered Specie, very rear white Hipo
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by onatisi(m): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2018
Mummyfe:
they kill anything killable in this country.smh
they are even killing themselves everyday through cultism , ritual killings and assassinations . so what is an hippopotamus that they wont kill it

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2018
The people that caught it would be so glad, they'll say this is the biggest bush meat... Africa can eat anything from the bush smiley
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Myself2(m): 12:28am On Jun 29, 2018
Amirullaha:
An hippopotamus ..

A hippopotamus

2 Likes

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 12:29am On Jun 29, 2018
Nigerians go dey form rubbish, na Africa we dey, you can't see an hippopotamus dwelling where people live in Most developed countries so make una stop all those animal protection rubbish.

I'm very sure this wild animal would have killed someone In that village before they mobilized to kill the thing.

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:36am On Jun 29, 2018
holicalpha:
Nice one.

Spare us the "Animal lives also matters" Scrap

If you know much about animals, you'd know that hippos are quite dangerous and Destructive than even lions..

They attack anything they come in contact with.

..and the hippo is one massive hippo!

We might as well kill every animal that can threaten humans, particularly in shiithole countries like Nigeria to give us all the space to keep breeding and multiplying like rats. Then our children, and children's children will only get to read about the one-time existence of these animals - which might as well be as real to them as stories of dragons and unicorns. Yeah, that sounds like a sensible solution.

In sane civilized societies, you live in harmony with nature while keeping a respectful distance from wild animals instead of eliminating them wherever you find them. And stop kidding yourself - that could have been a harmless dolphin or manatee or turtle and the natural born savages that Nigerians are would still lead them to kill the creature:
https://www.nairaland.com/3114460/manatee-caught-fishermen-obuamu-river
https://www.nairaland.com/3208019/look-dolphin-caught-killed-delta

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Mufasa27:
Nigerians go dey form rubbish, na Africa we dey, you can't see an hippopotamus dwelling where people live in Most developed countries so make una stop all those animal protection rubbish.

I'm very sure this wild animal would have killed someone In that village before they mobilized to kill the thing.

Yeah, it's not as if bears casually stroll to urban areas in the US and generally go unmolested. Or that in places like Florida, crocodiles and alligators are regularly found in residential areas, yet it is illegal to kill them. This is despite the fact over 300 million guns are circulating in the US population. You think everyone is as savage as Nigerians. grin In the US, killing a raptor for example attracts a jail term and heavy fine. In Nigeria, Lord's Chosen and MFM mugus will kill a barn owl and tell us they are witches that were pursuing them. That's the difference between civilization and barbarism.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 12:50am On Jun 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Yeah, it's not as if bears casually stroll to urban areas in the US and generally go unmolested. Or that in places like Florida, crocodiles and alligators are regularly found in residential areas, yet it is illegal to kill them. This is despite the fact over 300 million guns are circulating in the US population. You think everyone is as savage as Nigerians. grin In the US, killing a raptor for example attracts a jail term and heavy fine. In Nigeria, Lord's Chosen and MFM mugus will kill a barn owl and tell us they are witches that were pursuing them. That's the difference between civilization and barbarism.
You can always call the department of wildlife or 911 anytime you come across a wide animal in your neighborhood, that's in the US but who do you wanna call here in Nigeria the NPF or who

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:57am On Jun 29, 2018
Mufasa27:

You can always call the department of wildlife or 911 anytime you come across a wide animal in your neighborhood, that's in the US but who do you wanna call here in Nigeria the NPF or who

This is clearly a rural area in the North. Hippos do not threaten people in their homes. There are a thousand times more hippos in places like Kenya and groups like the Maasai in Kenya live in peace with them. Sure, hippos are aggressive and territorial. Doesn't mean every hippo in every river or lake should be killed. As I said, the problem here isn't so much the hippo itself but the entire attitude of Nigerians to animals.

4 Likes

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by LZAA: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2018
greatbuc:
This animals help our ecosystem. One day the only animals you will know will be dogs and pigs. Hippos don't eat flesh and are highly territorial.
Ahh u are wasting ur time bro
Neva ever try to preach this one hia o
Exvept of course u be pastor or imam and u tell em d hippo isnt a witch or demon
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by NERDYDREAMS(m): 1:05am On Jun 29, 2018
princeade86:
will dey eat it.
no they will carry it to europe kiss undecided
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Mufasa27(m): 1:08am On Jun 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

This is clearly a rural area in the North. Hippos do not threaten people in their homes. There are a thousand times more hippos in places like Kenya and groups like the Maasai in Kenya live in peace with them. Sure, hippos are aggressive and territorial. Doesn't mean every hippo in every river or lake should be killed. As I said, the problem here isn't so much the hippo itself but the entire attitude of Nigerians to animals.
Really
You don't expect me to see a snake, or any wild animal in my house or neighborhood and overlook it because of animal protection rubbish, I will go for my cutlass and kill the motherfucker.

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Dollabiz: 1:22am On Jun 29, 2018
hmmm
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 29, 2018
NwaOhafia:
Since it looks somehow like a pig, wont it also be Haram or Halas to eat it? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Allah ya jikan muslim ba din ya mutu ba

Nwaohafia Reporting straight from the land of the warriors, Ohafia in abia state
Ndukwe Kaa grin
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 29, 2018
Those guys should be arrested asap wtf. sad
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by surg411(m): 2:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Even the animals are also unfortunate to be “Nigerian”
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Rhea(f): 2:47am On Jun 29, 2018
princeade86:
will dey eat it.

What a question grin grin cheesy cheesy
These people will eat each other if they run out of hippos to grill grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by seguno2: 2:48am On Jun 29, 2018
emmyid:
Everyday in a sane country. Yes! We accept the fact that we all mad in this country. Please, do us a favour and relocate to your sane country. Let us manage our insane country.

Don’t you know the way to Yaba left?
They are waiting for you.
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Ganjafama(m): 3:01am On Jun 29, 2018
greatbuc:
This animals help our ecosystem. One day the only animals you will know will be dogs and pigs. Hippos don't eat flesh and are highly territorial.
In Africa, hippos kill more people than lions do. Their territorial nature is what makes them dangerous. If a human unknowingly strays into a hippo territory that man is a goner.
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:08am On Jun 29, 2018
holicalpha:
Nice one.

Spare us the "Animal lives also matters" Scrap

If you know much about animals, you'd know that hippos are quite dangerous and Destructive than even lions..

They attack anything they come in contact with.

..and the hippo is one massive hippo!
so your solution is to wipe out every wild animal on this God given earth?? classic Nigerian mentality..every animal will react when you encroach it's natural habitat..even dogs react when a stranger comes into it's vicinity..all you people know is to kill, destroy and eat!
you kill everything that breathes, you kill dolphins,cats, owls, monitor lizards. Are those still a danger to the society?? savages the lot of you!

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 3:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

^^^

grin
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 3:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Rhea:

What a question grin grin cheesy cheesy
These people will eat each other if they run out of hippos to grill grin grin cheesy cheesy

^^^

grin grin
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 3:44am On Jun 29, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

so your solution is to wipe out every wild animal on this God given earth?? classic Nigerian mentality..every animal will react when you encroach it's natural habitat..even dogs react when a stranger comes into it's vicinity..all you people know is to kill, destroy and eat!
you kill everything that breathes, you kill dolphins,cats, owls, monitor lizards. Are those still a danger to the society?? savages the lot of you!

^^^

Sir/Madam,

You came late to the party grin

I stopped agitating years ago when I couldn't explain why:

Some cultures call them riot police. We call them 'kill and go'
Some cultures call it rat poison. We call it 'kill and dry'.
Some cultures call it grilled/barbecued fish. We call it 'point and kill'.

And so on. There are many more examples. I'm sure you get the general idea...
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by engrkaz(m): 4:00am On Jun 29, 2018
wisino1:
Hip for the hippopo.........popo.....for the hippopo.....and timus.....for the hippopotamus .....if you remember that song let me see your like
and tiyetiye
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by holicalpha(m): 4:05am On Jun 29, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

We might as well kill every animal that can threaten humans, particularly in shiithole countries like Nigeria to give us all the space to keep breeding and multiplying like rats. Then our children, and children's children will only get to read about the one-time existence of these animals - which might as well be as real to them as stories of dragons and unicorns. Yeah, that sounds like a sensible solution.

In sane civilized societies, you live in harmony with nature while keeping a respectful distance from wild animals instead of eliminating them wherever you find them. And stop kidding yourself - that could have been a harmless dolphin or manatee or turtle and the natural born savages that Nigerians are would still lead them to kill the creature:
https://www.nairaland.com/3114460/manatee-caught-fishermen-obuamu-river
https://www.nairaland.com/3208019/look-dolphin-caught-killed-delta

Bros, seems like you don't know shiit about hippos, hippos are very dangerous... Extremely

You don't need to encroach before they start destroying.... Now mind you, they didn't set out to hunt the hippo for mind, the hippo definitely was destructive before they hunted it down.

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Cantonese: 4:27am On Jun 29, 2018
Oga 'sane country' have you ever lived in a 'sane country'. Do people not hunt and eat animals in 'sane countries'? And by the way what are you doing in an insane country? I no say if you dey there you go first follow chop. Stop using wayo to talk.
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by emi14: 4:46am On Jun 29, 2018
wolelove:
In sane country, the killer will be arrested.
mention the country and make sure the have open forest not game reserve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Huge Snake With A Lot Of Eggs In Nigeria (Photos) / In Taraba, Goat Gives Birth To Baby In Human Form (Photos) / Fisherman Captures 'Sea Monster' With Terrifying Razor-sharp Teeth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.