Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (77278 Views)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Dolphin Killed At Atican Beach, Lekki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by titiforever: 10:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Point of correction for whoever that posted this info, JEBBA, is in Kwara state, and in Moro local govt, not Niger state, Mokwa local govt. Pls take note.
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by titiforever: 10:49am On Jun 29, 2018
JEBBA is in Kwara state and MORO local govt, not NIGER state and MOKWA local govt as reported. pls take note. thankyou
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Wisebisho: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2018
Back in the days, it's like this: H.. I.. P.. For the Hi for the Hippo..... Hipo.... Hipo..... For the Hipopo.. O!!...... T. A.M.U.S.. For the Hippopotamus.. And we the stubborn head will chorus : I na-atakwa amusu?
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by fripero(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Buhari is a stupid man
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Lanruze: 11:42am On Jun 29, 2018
NERDYDREAMS:
no they will carry it to europe kiss undecided

lol........ grin grin
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by wink2015(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2018
STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE!

Nigerians with their kill and eat culture.

With fish brain that has no culture and no regard for CONSERVATION AND THE PROTECTION OF ENDANGERED SPECIES!

KILL AND EAT NA OUR NAME!

It is well!
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by proudevil: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2018
emmyid:

Everyday in a sane country. Yes! We accept the fact that we all mad in this country. Please, do us a favour and relocate to your sane country. Let us manage our insane country.
thank uuuuuu

1 Like

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by cooljude(m): 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
holicalpha:
thanks very much, man with a very high IQ that can't think well...

A wild hippo shouldnt be put down abii

People that don't even know shiit about hippos will come and comment too.

Should we test our knowledge on Hippo or any animal of your choice, I will so put in your place. Do you think everyone is that daft with limited knowledge of their world and surrounding.

Yes Hippo is an aggressive animal but it's also a very shy one and it will do anything to avoid humans so long as you don't encroach into its territory or block its escape route. They are aquatic mamals closely related Whales. Hippos spend most of their time in water and only come to feed on land during the night.

I don't see how this hippo was a direct threat if left alone in its habitat. I know you don't understand the importance of every animal to the ecological biodiversity of a biome. Do you know that the elimination of an animal or plant can lead to the extinction of various other species of animal and plant. Example, it will be a great disaster if insect that are pollinators (bees) were to die off, it will be hard to pollinate flower.

Their is also economic benefit of having those creatures living in the wild. Those persons in that community would benefit more if people visited those area to view those wildlife. Shebi tourist go eat, sleep, drink, need villager to guide them inside bush.

Lastly, knowing fully well that we've got wildlife. We will reserve spaces for them and thereby, leaving trees and natural ecosystems that would help in improving our air quality etc.

Their are more reasons to have our wildlife exist instead of hunting them to extinction but the problem with Nigerians is that alot of persons are still developing mentally and it's a fact that so many persons IQ is very low.
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by SkyUrch(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
cry
olatunyemi:
Everything can get killed in this country
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by mubeela(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
princeade86:
will dey eat it.
No. Dey will cook it nd throw d meat away
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Phoenix3000: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
stagger:

Hippos are not endangered in any way. They kill more people than lions and crocs in Africa. Who are their natural predators?
Humans bro. Hippos are the most endangered species in Africa
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Phoenix3000: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
engrkaz:
and tiyetiye
Chai....which kind primary school you go. no be tiye tiye Na "T A M U S"
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Phoenix3000: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
cooljude:

Very low IQ you've got, how can this country grow when most of it's citizens can't see beyond their nose.
Your point?? Cos I can't comprehend any wrong thing that he stated
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Phoenix3000: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
Tonason:

How would I advise these animals to avoid Nigeria, because the country that didn't spare her own citizens, that slaughter human beings like fowl, what do you expect? This is madness
WTF bro....the animal wasn't killed in a reserve or zoo....it was killed in an urban area where it would have definitely caused a lot of havoc. So they can't be blamed. simple self defence
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Sadiyaene(f): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
resurgent2019:
All part of the failed state status of the country.

The northerners don’t even care because it(failure) is their natural state. It is only now getting serious because southerners are now being personally affected by the failure of Nigeria.

It is well.

shocked undecided undecided hmmm
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by enilee: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
wisino1:
Hip for the hippopo.........popo.....for the hippopo.....and timus.....for the hippopotamus .....if you remember that song let me see your like

Seriously? And we were singing "HIP father hip.. father hippopo....popo.... father hippopo and tamus... father hippopotamus (we all screamed hippopotamus at the end). So na "for the hippopo". Chai!! Public school
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by engrkaz(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Phoenix3000:
Chai....which kind primary school you go. no be tiye tiye Na "T A M U S"
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by wolelove(m): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abayor7:

Because it was killed in the zoo abi? U be fool
You are a disease to your generation
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
Killing an animal that is rare especially in Nigeria isn't good, they could have left the poor animal alone...Xo sadd
We Nigerians just kill every animal without fearing if the animal goes extinct or not...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by motherfucker: 9:18am On Jul 01, 2018
Mufasa27:

Really
You don't expect me to see a snake, or any wild animal in my house or neighborhood and overlook it because of animal protection rubbish, I will go for my cutlass and kill the motherfucker.

you can't kill me. I Will bomb you before you grab that cutlass. undecided
Re: A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) by AfricanGlitz(f): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2018
THIS IS SAD, WE NEED TO STOP! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Huge Snake With A Lot Of Eggs In Nigeria (Photos) / In Taraba, Goat Gives Birth To Baby In Human Form (Photos) / 'Ghost' Human Ancestor Discovered In West Africa. Linked To Yoruba, Esan People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.