Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion (7625 Views)

Nesiama Condoles With Omo-agege, Others Over Tragic Boat Mishaps / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival In Plateau State Over Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by presidency: 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
Federal Ministry Of Power, Works And Housing
Office of the Special Adviser on Communications
Headquarter,
Mabushi P.M.B. 111,
Garki - Abuja, Nigeria.

Press Release

Fashola Commiserates With Government, People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN has commiserated with the government and people of Lagos State over the tragic tanker explosion which occurred on Thursday evening outward Lagos towards Ojodu Berger. The fatal mishap which occurred when a tanker loaded with Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) lost control after descending the stretch of the bridge around the Otedola Estate led to the loss of nine lives and several vehicles. In a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Communications, Mr Hakeem Bello, Fashola expressed sadness over the incident describing it as painful and most regrettable.

The Minister, who also condoled with families of victims of the accident, said it was a harrowing experience to learn that a family member who had gone to engage in productive activity would never return. “ I wish to extend my sincere condolences to the Government, People of Lagos State and the families of victims who died or suffered burns in this most unwelcome development”, the Minister said. While wishing survivors rapid recovery, Fashola commended the sense of duty of the emergency service providers who promptly responded to bring the resultant fire under control and managed the traffic.

The Minister said it was important for all stakeholders in the private and public sectors, especially owners and operators of articulated vehicles, to renew their commitment to best practices and road safety awareness in order to ensure the stoppage of unnecessary loss of life and property on the nation’s highways. Fashola, while reiterating the resolve of the President Muhammadu Buhari- led administration to continue to work to improve motor ability, journey time and achieve better travel experience on the nation’s roads, noted that available data indicate that excessive speeding was among the highest causes of accident hence the need for all road users to be conversant with traffic rules and regulations which promote safety on the nation’s highways.

The Minister prayed for peaceful repose for the souls of the departed victims of the accident.

Hakeem Bello
Special Adviser to the Hon. Minister
(Communications)
29th June 2018
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by stefanweeks: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
We don hear

As if this will change anything

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 30, 2018
presidency:
Headquarter,
Mabushi P.M.B. 111,
Garki - Abuja, Nigeria.

Press Release

Fashola Commiserates With Government, People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion

The Minister said it was important for all stakeholders in the private and public sectors, especially owners and operators of articulated vehicles, to renew their commitment to best practices and road safety awareness in order to ensure the stoppage of unnecessary loss of life and property on the nation’s highways. Fashola, while reiterating the resolve of the President Muhammadu Buhari- led administration to continue to work to improve motor ability, journey time and achieve better travel experience on the nation’s roads, noted that available data indicate that excessive speeding was among the highest causes of accident hence the need for all road users to be conversant with traffic rules and regulations which promote safety on the nation’s highways.

The Minister prayed for peaceful repose for the souls of the departed victims of the accident.

Hakeem Bello
(Communications)
29th June 2018

Thanks for sharing

Any steps taken to address the ROOT CAUSE of this disaster?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by SolutionMee: 7:28am On Jun 30, 2018
Hmm... Eye service Nah dem Keep redeeming human blood for money Your Children will bear the consequence

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by freemanbubble: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2018
mehhhhnnn.
I have a feeling i would have been caught up in this inferno.
just arrived Lagos that thursday afternoon. and i was about leaving that evening by five pm because I was done with what i came to do in Lagos but i had this strong feelings that i should stay back and leave on friday morning
that was how i checked into an hotel in fatairawo street in 7/8 bus stop at airport road/ osoloway.
. although their hotel fee was expensive but this strong feeling say i should pay.
only for me to be hearing that shiit just happened along that raod
but wait o Lagos is annoying o.
how can everybody just be communicating with Yoruba only including the conductor s and drivers. how will someone now know were he is going. have not been to Lagos before and this their character newly frustrate me that Thursday
abeg make them change.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Kendumazy(m): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2018
Okay sir
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Donbosco46: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
Hope una go settle people wey there motor burn?
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
Nothing would be don as usual
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Firefire(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
Minister of darkness. Thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Folashade2016(f): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
They will soon put politics inside this accident. One of them don already say the dead bodies never reach past administration own.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by seunlayi(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
Thank you sir, but when is oga at the top coming to announce compensation to the affected people?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by seunlayi(m): 7:35am On Jun 30, 2018
sportage77:
Dm
mtcheeew mr fixed game, na you go play the ball? Ole
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by obembet(f): 7:35am On Jun 30, 2018
Girl’s that wear heels � to event and come back with slippers don’t last in marriage
they can’t endure
�����
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by oneclickng: 7:38am On Jun 30, 2018
Problem everywhere! FRSC, what are you doing?
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Funlag: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2018
sad
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by jolarify4(m): 7:44am On Jun 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
mehhhhnnn.
just arrived Lagos that thursday afternoon. and i was about leaving that evening by five pm because I was done with what i came to do in Lagos but i had this strong feelings that i should stay back and leave on friday morning
that was how i checked into an hotel in fatairawo street in 7/8 bus stop at airport road/ osoloway.
. although their hotel fee was expensive but this strong feeling say i should pay.
how can everybody just be communicating with Yoruba only including the conductor s and drivers. how will someone now know were he is going. have not been to Lagos before and this their character newly frustrate me that Thursday
abeg make them change.
how can you be communicating with English abeg change

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by geosegun(m): 7:47am On Jun 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
mehhhhnnn.
[b]how can everybody just be communicating with Yoruba only including the conductor s and drivers. [/b]how will someone now know were he is going. have not been to Lagos before and this their character newly frustrate me that Thursday
abeg make them change.

@bolded: That is one thing you can't take away from the Yorubas, they love to speak their language even in London (on the bus, in the train and @parties), you will think you are in Lagos. But come to think of it... People of other nations seemed to love it, because it emanate confidence in thier language and culture, that's my personal observation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by sammirano: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
mehhhhnnn.
abeg make them change.

Where you think say you dey before? Anambra. It's yorubaland blend in.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by KingMicky3286: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2018
presidency:
Headquarter,
Mabushi P.M.B. 111,
Garki - Abuja, Nigeria.

Press Release

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN has commiserated with the government and people of Lagos State over the tragic tanker explosion which occurred on Thursday evening outward Lagos towards Ojodu Berger. The fatal mishap which occurred when a tanker loaded with Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) lost control after descending the stretch of the bridge around the Otedola Estate led to the loss of nine lives and several vehicles. In a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Communications, Mr Hakeem Bello, Fashola expressed sadness over the incident describing it as painful and most regrettable.

The Minister, who also condoled with families of victims of the accident, said it was a harrowing experience to learn that a family member who had gone to engage in productive activity would never return. “ I wish to extend my sincere condolences to the Government, People of Lagos State and the families of victims who died or suffered burns in this most unwelcome development”, the Minister said. While wishing survivors rapid recovery, Fashola commended the sense of duty of the emergency service providers who promptly responded to bring the resultant fire under control and managed the traffic.

Hakeem Bello
(Communications)
29th June 2018

And Amechi who is the transport Minister did not say anything... Nigerian politics hmmm.
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by wink2015(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2018
presidency:
Headquarter,
Mabushi P.M.B. 111,
Garki - Abuja, Nigeria.

Press Release

Hakeem Bello
(Communications)
29th June 2018

COMMISERATING THROUGH THIRD PARTY IS A BAD IDEA ALL TOGETHER, FASHOLA SHOULD HAVE ADDRESS THE FAMILY DIRECTLY NOT THROUGH A MEDIA AIDE WHILE CONSIDERING THE SCALE OF THE TANKER TRAGEDY.

Has Fashola forgotten that he was the previous governor of Lagos state of which many expect him to do more than this?

Or is he still fighting Tinubu and Ambode politically?

In the developed western democracies that is what should have been done without delay.

FASHOLA SHOULD NOT FEEL TOO BIG TO RELATE WITH THE VICTIM'S FAMILIES.

A visit to the site of the incident is also very essential from a Federal Minister of Works, Power and Housing whose responsibility is to oversees the well being of this federal road.

Minister Babatunde Fashola apology is noted not minding the style he used.

A Pidgin english proverb says "AT ALL AT ALL NA HIM BAD" as he kukuma talk, the word carry go!

BUT WHY IS THE MINISTER OF TRANSPORT, MR CHIBUIKE AMEACHI NOT SAYING ANYTHING? He is keeping a golden silence?

May the soul of those who perished in the Otedola Bridge Incident along Lagos/Ibadan Expressway rest in peace in Jesus name.

May the Good Lord comfort all the victim's families and give them the fortitude to bear this irreparable lose.

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by kelvyn7: 8:49am On Jun 30, 2018
since...and na your state ooo
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by Ategberoson(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
mehhhhnnn.
abeg make them change.

who ask you all this sermon beside when did Lagos state turned to Igbo land or Hausa land or ijaw land that you expect them not to be speaking Yoruba lang

why not travel to France and be questioning them on their official lang now. smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by RexTramadol1: 9:19am On Jun 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
mehhhhnnn.
abeg make them change.

Bro after Yoruba Na pidgin, speak pidgin

Even a lame man understands.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by chibaby12: 9:21am On Jun 30, 2018
Well done sir
Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by miqos02(m): 9:34am On Jun 30, 2018
freemanbubble:

abeg make them change.
Go to France and see if they will communicate in your mother tongue

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commiserates With People Of Lagos State Over Tragic Tanker Explosion by bigpicture001: 10:12am On Jun 30, 2018
no press release and condolences on deaths in Plateau and other places. Mr federal minister...is death in lagos more special than the rest?.. Mr tribalism...

(1) (Reply)

APC: Uncertainty Over Buni’s Team, NEC Meeting / EFCC Probes Audio Tape Alleging Malami’s Interference In Commission’s Activities / See This Beautiful Fairy-tale Village In Netherlands With No Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.