Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android (3470 Views)

Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). / What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition / 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:59am On Jun 30, 2018
The Android Operating system has grown at such a rate that 7 out of 10 persons use an Android phone. It seems Google’s masterplan is actually working. Now I know if you aren’t the Tech kind of person there’s still a chance you’ve heard Android is named alphabetically after desserts.

Android Versions
Android 1.6. Donut.
Android 2.1. Eclair.
Android 2.2. Froyo.
Android 2.3. Gingerbread.
Android 3.0. Honeycomb.
Android 4.0. Ice Cream Sandwich.
Android 4.1. Jelly Bean.
Android 4.4. KitKat.
Android 5.0 Lollipop
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Android 7.0 Nougat
Android 8.0 Oreo
Android 9.0 – That hasn’t been named yet but I’m guessing It’s Peppermint

Now you’ve looked at the list there’s no Android Go and there’s no Android One, it looks confusing but you shouldn’t get confused. Android One and Android Go are variants not versions of the Android OS and in this post I’ll be explaining these variants and when you should go for each one.

Android Go
I’m starting with this because it’s the most recent variant of Android. Android Go is basically a stripped down version of the mainstream Android OS; you can call it a lightweight version of the Android OS.

It comes with light weight apps and has a data saving feature that effectively reduces data usage all around the phone to make sure the device runs smoothly. Android Go is targeted at devices with 1GB RAM or lesser. The initial devices that ran on 1 GB RAM and lower on the normal Android OS struggled to keep up and sometimes kept freezing constantly so Google came up with a solution to deal with it by developing Android Go.
Phones running on Android Go get constant updates from Google and If you have a low budget but wish to keep up with the latest updates in the Android world then Go is definitely your choice.

Android One
One of the annoying things smartphone manufacturers usually do in most phones is to pre install bloatware; apps that aren’t needed. These apps take up the space in the device without adding any value to it.

Android One takes all of that away by giving you a clean stock android experience.
Android One Phones are also supported by Google and get updates periodically for a period of two years and I believe most people don’t use phones that long, I don’t use phones for more than 6 months personally. If you’re looking for a phone that has no bloatware but has at least 2 GB RAM, then an Android One Smartphone is your best bet.

Android OS
Depending on the manufacturer, the regular android OS will come with 3rd party pre-installed apps, a customized UI – XUI for Infinix, MIUI for Xiaomi, HiOS for Tecno and lots of other amazing UI’s.
This offers everything Android has to offer with no limitations. If you love customizations and don’t really like a clean stock Android experience, there are millions of mobile phones running on this to choose from.

Most Flagship devices run on this, so if you are looking to get a tweaked UI with all of what Android has to Offer then go with the regular android OS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:59am On Jun 30, 2018
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:44am On Jun 30, 2018
Amazing post... Android Go isn't bad at all
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by Abdstrakt(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
The Tecno spark 2 comes with Android Go and it performs like a 2GB Ram device. Google did well with the Android Go
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by stanboy28(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Wow...very educative
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
Abdstrakt:
The Tecno spark 2 comes with Android Go and it performs like a 2GB Ram device. Google did well with the Android Go

Really
Do you know how much I can get the phone?
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by saxby(f): 1:28am On Jul 01, 2018
i love the idea of the Android go version, it has given opportunity for 1gb devices like the spark 2 to run smoothly. really nice innovation from google.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by saxby(f): 1:31am On Jul 01, 2018
i think the spark 2 goes for about 36200
Abiodunspectre:

Really
Do you know how much I can get the phone?
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:47am On Jul 01, 2018
saxby:
i love the idea of the Android go version, it has given opportunity for 1gb devices like the spark 2 to run smoothly. really nice innovation from google.

Yeah, that's true.. Not only the spark 2..the itel A32f and a host of other Android Go smartphones
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by henry007(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2018
cool
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by nani667: 7:34am On Jul 01, 2018
Hmmm
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by opeyehmmy(m): 9:47am On Jul 01, 2018
Na so!
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by zimunachimdi: 1:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Pls house, between itel p32 and Nokia 2, which one can one go for.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2018
zimunachimdi:
Pls house, between itel p32 and Nokia 2, which one can one go for.

Depending on your budget.. I'd pick the Nokia 2. However the p32 is more affordable.

There's not much difference in the battery capacity, Nokia 2 comes with 4100mAh while the P32 comes with 4000mAh
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by saxby(f): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2018
wow, thats nice to know, i used to think the spark 2 was the only device running on the android go version for now
NaijaTechGuy:

Yeah, that's true.. Not only the spark 2..the itel A32f and a host of other Android Go smartphones
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2018
saxby:
wow, thats nice to know, i used to think the spark 2 was the only device running on the android go version for now

Nah.. There are a couple of other devices too
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by zimunachimdi: 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Depending on your budget.. I'd pick the Nokia 2. However the p32 is more affordable.

There's not much difference in the battery capacity, Nokia 2 comes with 4100mAh while the P32 comes with 4000mAh
Ok,why will you choose Nokia 2? What features will make you choose it sir?
I have seen and held itel p32. It looks good.

My budget can still cover Nokia 2 though with little hustle. I need a strong conviction to go for it.
Thanks.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Ok,why will you choose Nokia 2? What features will make you choose it sir?
I have seen and held itel p32. It looks good.

My budget can still cover Nokia 2 though with little hustle. I need a strong conviction to go for it.
Thanks.

I've gone through the Nokia 2 and it looks solid and my view of the Itel p32 is based on the specifications I've seen online. So it's not a conclusive one. I have a review unit here from iTel, once I get a hands on feel of the phone, I'd certainly let you know..

However both are good phones but if you need a good rear camera, my choice would be the P32 any time.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by zimunachimdi: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

I've gone through the Nokia 2 and it looks solid and my view of the Itel p32 is based on the specifications I've seen online. So it's not a conclusive one. I have a review unit here from iTel, once I get a hands on feel of the phone, I'd certainly let you know..

However both are good phones but if you need a good rear camera, my choice would be the P32 any time.

Thanks sir. I appreciate this. Keep me posted pls.

1 Like

Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Definitely
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:37am On Jul 08, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Almost concluded my review of the P32. Battery life is superb though it takes a little time to go from 0-100%. The camera is great as well and performed better than I expected .

You can get the P32. It's awesome, I believe you won't regret it
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by Behankey(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2018
Thank you for this enlightening piece. Now I know the differences. Android Go on Tecno Spark 2 is to optimize the device.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2018
Behankey:
Thank you for this enlightening piece. Now I know the differences. Android Go on Tecno Spark 2 is to optimize the device.

Definitely
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by zimunachimdi: 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Almost concluded my review of the P32. Battery life is superb though it takes a little time to go from 0-100%. The camera is great as well and performed better than I expected .

You can get the P32. It's awesome, I believe you won't regret it
Thank you sir.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by IsaAbubakar: 5:08am On Jul 10, 2018
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin angry
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Thank you sir.

Uwc Bruv.. You can also subscribe to my channel so you don't miss out on the review video.
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by MobileGees: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
NaijaTechGuy where can I get a phone that has Android Go, Android One and Android Nougat. I need the phone badly grin grin
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by MobileGees: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
MobileGees:
NaijaTechGuy where can I get a phone that has Android Go, Android One and Android Nougat. I need the phone badly grin grin
lmao ... Google should have it in their basement. I'll verify from them grin grin
Re: What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Thank you sir.
Here's the review video for the p32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diM71xw0kWY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brandnew Apple Iphone 6 , Samsung S5 , Samsung Not4 , Htc One , Buy 2 GET 1 / See What Happens When Nokia And Iphone Falls On The Floor / How To Browse Internet Without Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.