Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,241 members, 7,957,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:08 PM

Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? (16184 Views)

Poll: Is It?

Yes: 25% (15 votes)
No: 74% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2010
[size=24pt]JOS IN 9JA'S MOST EXPENSIVE CITY. IT COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFE[/size]
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by DisrealAm(f): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2010
jodeci:

I doubt if you hv been to PHC before,there is no where in PHC that 3 bedroom will cost u as much as 1.5m annually,even in the GRAS.

pls don't say that because our landlady just increased to 1.7m and dad is mad at her. @GRA Phase 2 Port Harcourt.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 11:58am On Jun 09, 2010
dappssee:

[size=24pt]JOS IN 9JA'S MOST EXPENSIVE CITY. IT COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFE[/size]

Funny but is serious matter. I heard just some days ago that house rents have soared in Jos.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2010
N1.7M for how many years please?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Spyker: 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
oisehumen:

N1.7M for how many years please?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
N1.7 what? For a 3BR flat. Better look for accommodation elsewhere. GRA my foot while they a languishing in darkness. Go to D/Line and some parts of Old GRA and pay cheaper with better supply of electricity (NEPA or PHCN)
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Ultrame(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
No. Abuja is. Paid a 2 year rent of 770K (including 10% agency fee) in dec. '08  for a one room 'self-contained' apartment in Jabi, the landlord is already hinting on upping the rent.

Transportation is a little bit cheaper though, but Abuja is definitely the most expensive city in Naija.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mykali(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
transportation costs are only high in PH when there is Petrol scarcity, once the price of Petrol  normalizes, the prices return back to normal. but the Taxi drivers have unions who fix/increase these prices from time to time, and those guys are greedy basterds.

Accommodation is not that bad, compared to Abuja, PH residences are  quite affordable, except you wanna stay in GRA, or the newly transformed ''Amadi Flats''  Those are the only places i can think of now which might be above the average man's pocket. . . .Buying Land is another area where the expenditure is abysmal

It is true that some traders believe that everybody driving a jeep is working for Shell, or Total or an Off-shore guru, so they think the money is endless and they try to extort as much as they can.
but when they see a guy who is barely able to keep food in his stomach, they'll know, and won't charge him exorbitantly.  

People only think PH is expensive because we have people who are willing to spend, or to flaunt their wealth.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by edogu(m): 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
JOS IN 9JA'S MOST EXPENSIVE CITY. IT COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFE
\   grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
Let's even get the facts straight please.
What are they criteria used to determine the most expensive city in Nigeria anyway?

Is it in terms of accommodation, transportation, feeding or per capital income summarily?
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by orgy: 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
@oisehume,
Me think you have to go outside ur house and make enquiries.
These are 'clips' posted in the property section and i bet my life on that that those that posted them were not trying to be funny, or mischevious.  

SEe them, just a few from difrent lagois areas.

ebutte metta:,

insur

2/3 Bedroom Flats @ Jebba Str Off Hebert Macaulay Yaba (brand New)
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:00 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BRAND NEW BUILDING @ JEBBA STREET BY HERBERT MACAULAY WAY EBUTE METTA LAGOS

2BED ROOM FLAT 500K PER ANNUM(2YRS)
3BEDROOMS FLAT 700K

CALL 08033979394

( this perticular one is near to the one i paid 750k for)

grandstar (m)
Nigeria

3bedroom Flat In Magodo
« on: Yesterday at 12:55:38 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are standard 3bedroom flats in Magodo ranging from 800k to 1.5million per year.

For further info call me now on 08033472004

IKOYI

3 Bedroom Luxurous Duplex @ Milverton Ikoyi 4 Rent
« on: February 28, 2010, 04:54 PM »  

3 bedroom luxurous duplex all rooms ensuitewit 2nos jacuzi bath and 1 no shower/steamerbath,other compartments comprises of main sitting room wit view center, study room,private sitting and adinning area attached 2 dkitchen,a family sitting @ d upper floor.all ina well landscaped environment of a land measuring 2400sqm area with 3bedroom servant qtrs ,a gate house and car garage 4 at least 4 cars @ milverton ikoyi .usd 120,000

LEKKI:

Lagos Land

3brms Flat And Duplex At Lekki 1 For N2million P.a
« on: Yesterday at 06:44:02 PM »  

3brms flat and duplex at lekki 1 for N2Million p.a (New Houses).

Interested call +234-01-7636112,+234-08035687824

GBAGADA AREA:
Day11

2br / 3br @ Medinat Estate Gbagada
« on: May 19, 2010, 03:29 PM »  

2BR - 550K P.A
2BR - 450K P.A ( 1TOILET / 1 BATH )
3BR - 700K P.A

CONTACT ABIODUN
BLUS.GOODOUT@GMAIL.COM

[b]OGBA SIDE:

grandstar (m)
Nigeria

3bedroom Flats To Rent In Ogba.
« on: Yesterday at 12:57:06 PM »  

There are 3bedroom flats to rent in Ogba. Rents are from 300k per annum to 800k p.a

Call me now on 08033472004 to arrange inspections

Just for a few,
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mykali(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
oisehumen:

Let's even get the facts straight please.
What are they criteria used to determine the most expensive city in Nigeria anyway?

Is it in terms of accommodation, transportation, feeding or per capital income summarily?

it depends on how expensive the basic necessities can be for the average man.
and from the way i see things down here, the average man is not complaining.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ Orgy.

Your facts are correct from what u have posted. Maybe my landlord is a father Xmas then. lol
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
How do u define an average man or who is an average man in Nigeria?
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by deluxecad(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
Lagos is the most unnecessarily expensive city in Nigeria.  Every move you make is tolled and taxed. It's going to get even worse as the governor is planning to digitize it so you can get taxed when you sneeze in your loo.  Haha! Seriously.

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mykali(m): 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
oisehumen:

How do u define an average man or who is an average man in Nigeria?

a man who earns N30, 000 a month . . .or there about, i think
maybe i'm wrong, i ain't into economics.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
What category do we place some of these 90,000 prostitutes in Ondo State paraded last night?
Average Nigerians abi?

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by knick(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
[color=#990000][/color] YENAGOA'S far more expensive than any other state capital in 9ja,trust me on this.Damn too swampy,to erect any
form of structure's no child's play, talk less of to rent an apartment.

PORT HARCOURT'S next,followed by ABUJA.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Kennyblues(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
@oisehumen

you should have mentioned where you stay in Lag and lets compare the rent

Yaba/Onike 3 bedroom is 500k and you are paying for 2-3 years
ikoyin/Victoria Island is between 3M and 6.5M
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by totalfact(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
The Criteria to determine this is:
i Accommodation
ii Feeding
iii Transportation
iv Clothing
etc

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by skyndyp(f): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
UYO IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE. IKO AKWENGE!
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2010
skyndyp:

UYO IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE. IKO AKWENGE!

Ewo! Uyo ke! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Skyndyp, am sure u wanted to say the cheapest town, sorry city in Nigeria
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by skyndyp(f): 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^^ DO YOU KNOW WHERE UYO IS LOCATED. I MEAN[b] UYO[/b] NOT[i] uyo[/i] grin grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by diehard1: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
first of all don't compare Lagos with Portharcourt. Lagos is a state and PH city like a local government.  I dont think PH is more expensive than Lagos . It depends on which area in Lagos you are comparing with PH.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by rickie4us(m): 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
I think this survey will not be complete if we do not consider the cheapest city/cities in Nigeria.
To me, the cheapest is Ibadan and the most expensive is Abuja.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by chamotex(m): 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
Nothing is expensive, it's just that some people cant afford things.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mykali(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^^that's very easy for you to say
i can see that your pepper is well rested grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Uzilla: 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
I classify expensive as stuffs with a price well above its worth. Abuja is not that expensive (Live in Abuja, schooled in PH, spent time in Lag).
Abuja has nice accommodation, though rare, very cheap transportation. good roads, security, serenity, comfortable power supply.
PH rents out huts for huge prices, bad roads, poor security until recently, too many tauts, traffic jams, , I could list a million
Lag is like 60% Abuja, 40% PH.

So my list: PH, Abuja, Lagos
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by chamotex(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
mykali:

^^^that's very easy for you to say
i can see that your pepper is well rested grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mamagee3(f): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
Port Harcourt is expensive but it's not as expensive as Abuja. . .

Abuja is way more expensive.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by maimalari: 12:22am On Jun 10, 2010
it's only at phc that you see a pant trouser for N700k.visit the boutique at genesis centre to see for urself.the least stuff there is boxers and it goes for as much as 13k.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by shilling(f): 5:38am On Jun 10, 2010
I'm from PHC, and whenever we go visiting both cities; Abuja is usually really shocking. So, I'll say Abuja is waaay more expensive.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 6:44am On Jun 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Port Harcourt is expensive but it's not as expensive as Abuja. . .

Abuja is way more expensive.

grin grin grin grin grin.
How many years did u stay in Naija before traveling and when last did u visit to confirm your facts and figures?
Let home based speak out please! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malaysia Visa / God Saved Me From Accident And Arm Robbery Attack. / Ibom Air Ready For Commercial Operation June 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.