Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU (1825 Views)

Presidential Election: Sowore Tops Poll Conducted By Tunde Ednut Via A Post(Pic) / 2019: Don’t Seek Re-election, Sowore Tells Buhari / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mctowel01: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2018
Our 2019 elections are coming closer and we nigerians have to decide who we want to take us further. With the recent killings, bloodshed and misfortunes caused by bad governance, Nigerians all over and in Diaspora are enthusiastic about who we want to take up the helm of affairs.
Researching given topical aspirants, I think its safe to assume that the two main aspirants for now are Omoyele Sowore and Kingsley Moghalu .

Omoyele Sowore
47yrs of age. He is a political and democratic activist, notable for his demonstrations for students' and civil rights as an SUG president of the University of Lagos between 1992 to 1999. He was expelled, arrested and detained numerous times due to his demonstrations against University and government policies at that time. Sowore then went on to found Sahara reporters, who are notable for exposing and supporting anti-graft agencies in exposing corrupt, fraudulent and questionable activities of the government.

He has notified his intention of running for president come 2019 and has been involved in some public demonstrations, gatherings and meetings, where he unfailingly discloses his intention to jail current and past public holders-which includes the current sitting senate pesident-Bukola Saraki.

Kingsey Moghalu
55yrs of age. political economist, Professor, lawyer and former United Nations official. He is a former deputy governor of Nigeria, Founder of Sogato Strategies LLC, and a Senior Adviser of the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF) and Institute for Governance and Economic Transformation (IGET)

Moghalu served as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria from 2009 to 2014 leading reforms in Nigeria's banking sector after a combination of the global financial crisis, corporate governance abuses and weak risk management left one third of Nigerian banks on the edge of collapse. . Moghalu was a member of the Board of Directors, the Monetary Policy Committee, and the Committee of Governors of the CBN, and was also a member of Nigeria's Economic Management Team. He also led corporate governance in a number of international and Nigerian financial institutions such as AFI, IILMC, NEXIM, SEC, FITC, and AMCON.

He worked in the United Nations between 1992 to 2008 where he was involved in peace keeping operations, headed international development funds and was also aPpointed as a member of the high-level Redesign Panel on the United Nations Internal Justice System

He is currently running for the position of presidency of the Federal republic of Nigeria where he has periodically mentioned his intention to restructure Nigeria into geopolitical zones, and decentralize the economy and governance.

So fellow Nigerians, given their qualifications and campaigns thus far in regards to our national socioeconomic challenges, who do you think is more qualified to hold the seat of the complex position of leading our great country?

Like for Sowore, Share for Moghalu

cc Seun lalasticlala XXLDICK

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mctowel01: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2018
Personally, I believe Sowore is the best candidate for presidency given our certain climate. Its not enough for someone to come with theoritical knowledge and expertise. I believe Nigeria needs more. We need a true leader and I ve observed one strong difference between a true leader and a mere motivational speaker. One has character which stands tests of trials. Prof Moghalu will undoubtedly make a good CBN governor/minister of finance/vice president. I really do not see him being bold enough to stand up to rots of corruption in our system. Afterall, wasnt he deputy cbn governor when politicians were giving slots to their kids in CBN via back doors?

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by gidgiddy: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2018
Both men have no realistic chance of winning and everybody knows it. It is a good thing that young people are coming out to aspire for the presidency as opposed to the old bags we used to have, however, everything isn't about youth. It is not youthfulness that will improve the living conditions of people.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2018
gidgiddy:
Both men have no realistic chance of winning and everybody know is it. It is a good thing that young people are coming out to aspire for the presidency as opposed to the old bags we used to have, however, everything isn't about youth. It is not youthfulness that will improve the living conditions of people.
In 2015 the number of registered voters were 67million. Only 27million voted. 15million voted buhari, 12million voted jonathan.

2019 those 12million will receive at least 3million disgruntled buhari supporters and the remaining 40million will come out to vote. Sowore and kingsley moghalu are the ones their votes will turn to.
Cc Mynd44

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2018
After listening to Moghalu on Arise News. I will vote for the YPP presidential aspirant. Intelligence at its peak. If youths hear him, I think he stands a chance. He won my heart and the few he has achieved speaks well of him. Good luck Prof Moghalu

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2018
After listening to Moghalu on Arise News. I will vote for the YPP presidential aspirant. Intelligence at its peak. If youths hear him, I think he stands a chance. He won my heart and the few he has achieved speaks well of him. Good luck Prof Moghalu.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2018
Sowore is the right man but people will still not vote for him. is between Atiku and Buhari

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2018
Sowore is the right man but people will still not vote for him. is between Atiku and Buhari
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by BeingFrank(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2018
gidgiddy:
Both men have no realistic chance of winning and everybody know is it. It is a good thing that young people are coming out to aspire for the presidency as opposed to the old bags we used to have, however, everything isn't about youth. It is not youthfulness that will improve the living conditions of people.
Just Listen To Yourself, You Keep Falling In Love With What U Say You Hate. You Don't Like The Old Bags Clinging To Power, And You Also Don't Trust Any Youth Coming Out To Challenge The Old Bags. The Youth You Are Expecting, Is It Angel Michael? Because I Know, No Youth Would Be Dropped From Heaven To Lead Nigeria. The Moment We Wake Up To This Fact, The Better For Us.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by gidgiddy: 9:18am On Jul 02, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

In 2015 the number of registered voters were 67million. Only 27million voted. 15million voted buhari, 12million voted jonathan.

2019 those 12million will receive at least 3million disgruntled buhari supporters and the remaining 40million will come out to vote. Sowore and kingsley moghalu are the ones their votes will turn to.

I'm an Anambra man just like Moghalu, but we won't vote for him. Why? Because voting him is a waste. The North wont vote for him, the West won't vote for him and even if the entire East votes for him, he still won't win. So what's the point. There were 4 Igbos in the last Presidential elections, Martin Onovo, Chekwas Okorie, Godson Okoye and Allagoa Chinedu. Igbos did not vote for any of them but voted massively for GEJ who had a realistic chance of winning

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by id911(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2018
k
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2018
I Will vote for Atiku.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by id911(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
I Will vote for Atiku.

Atiku is the man of the moment

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mctowel01: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2018
mixter:
After listening to Moghalu on Arise News. I will vote for the YPP presidential aspirant. Intelligence at its peak. If youths hear him, I think he stands a chance. He won my heart and the few he has achieved speaks well of him. Good luck Prof Moghalu
Personally, I believe Sowore is the best candidate for presidency given our certain climate. Its not enough for someone to come with theoritical knowledge and expertise. I believe Nigeria needs more. We need a true leader and I ve observed one strong difference between a true leader and a mere motivational speaker. One has character which stands tests of trials. Prof Moghalu will undoubtedly make a good CBN governor/minister of finance/vice president. I really do not see him being bold enough to stand up to rots of corruption in our system. Afterall, wasnt he deputy cbn governor when politicians were giving slots to their kids in CBN via back doors?

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2018
gidgiddy:

I'm an Anambra man just like Moghalu, but we won't vote for him. Why? Because voting him is a waste.
It isn't a waste. Besides don't vote based on popularity, vote based on quality. Aren't you tired of having to choose between the devil and the antichrist?

The North wont vote for him, the West won't vote for him and even if the entire East votes for him, he still won't win.
The ss and se may have already decided to vote him. In kano, a massive crowd received him and he has sanusi's support. Face it; nobody in their right mind is voting APC and nobody takes PDP seriously anymore.

So what's the point. There were 4 Igbos in the last Presidential elections, Martin Onovo, Chekwas Okorie, Godson Okoye and Allagoa Chinedu. Igbos did not vote for any of them but voted massively for GEJ who had a realistic chance of winning
If you won't vote moghalu, vote sowore at least or even durotoye. Your vote counts.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by SolutionMee: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2018
What people don't know is that if Sowore is voted in, he'll be easy to impeach even if he doesn't perform
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2018
mctowel01:
Strong points. Well your statement is subjective but i think I will have to listen to Sowore before finally deciding where to pinch my tent. Be as it may, considering the clies of Nigeria, I think someone radical is needed and having read the profile of Sowore , I think he is quite a good candidate . I wish them all the best.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2018
id911:

Your vote your decision , but I think it's time to do something different so as to have a different result. Voting for such a man is a big NO for me. He has been there and seen it all. He should rather be the one guiding certain intellectual youth rather than seeking for President. My thoughts though.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

It isn't a waste. Besides don't vote based on popularity, vote based on quality. Aren't you tired of having to choose between the devil and the antichrist?

The ss and se may have already decided to vote him. In kano, a massive crowd received him and he has sanusi's support. Face it; nobody in their right mind is voting APC and nobody takes PDP seriously anymore.

If you won't vote moghalu, vote sowore at least or even durotoye. Your vote counts.

Thanks jare

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by knowledgeable: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2018
mctowel01:

Moghalu is light years ahead of Sowore. For 17 years under United Nations, he is being involved in rebuilding failed third world countries like Nigeria. He established a think tank org, dealing with the same critical issues as nation building. Sowore on the other hand is bringing a simple grass root approach to the critical issues of miss governance in Nigeria, but this is not enough for him to qualify above Moghalu truthfully. Foreign investors will trust Moghalu more than Sowore or Buhari due to his international exposure & intellect. To me, Moghalu epitomize that transformational force that will close the chapter on Nigerian gruesome tragic history of hell that is nigeria of today. Sowore do not have enough experience. Moghalu has the vision, world veiw, intellect, the philosophy and complex economic understanding to transform Nigeria from a third world economic status to that of a modern society within a decade. As a Nigerian, you own it to your self and your children to just youtube kingsley Moghalu and listen to him for your self.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2018
knowledgeable:

Moghalu is light years ahead of Sowore. For 17 years under United Nations, he is being involved in rebuilding failed third world countries like Nigeria. He established a think tank org, dealing with the same critical issues as nation building. Sowore on the other hand is bringing a simple grass root approach to the critical issues of miss governance in Nigeria, but this is not enough for him to qualify above Moghalu truthfully. Foreign investors will trust Moghalu more than Sowore or Buhari due to his international exposure & intellect. To me, Moghalu epitomize that transformational force that will close the chapter on Nigerian gruesome tragic history of hell that is nigeria of today. Sowore do not have enough experience. Moghalu has the vision, world veiw, intellect, the philosophy and complex economic understanding to transform Nigeria from a third world economic status to that of a modern society within a decade. As a Nigerian, you own it to your self and your children to just youtube kingsley Moghalu and listen to him for your self.
Strong and valid points.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by casualobserver1: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2018
id911:

Atiku seems to be gaining grounds seriously. We have not heard anything from Dankwambo Sha so maybe Dankwambo is plannt something on a low key.
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by casualobserver1: 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
knowledgeable:

Moghalu cannot win a presidential election in Nigeria. The best he can hope for is VP to a "bolekaja" candidate that can connect to ggrassroots, CBN Governor or Minister of Trade and Investment.

It is just the sad reality because the man is a genius. This is someone that can manage the economy, but people like that cannot successfully navigate politics in environments like this because they cannot connect with the masses.

Is it market women or rural youths that can barely read that will connect with Moghalu? No way. Is it Almajiris that will stand in the sun for him? No way. That is the problem.

I think the guy is gunning for VP slot. Atiku with this man as VP will make sense because it looks like Soludo is nowhere to be found.

It is sad that someone like him cannot win but
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by Nukualofa: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
Muoghalu will make a good minister under Atiku presidency while Sowore will make a good Special Assistant because of his militant nature.

Both of them are not my type of candidate when Atiku is contesting
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by knowledgeable: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
casualobserver1:

Moghalu cannot win a presidential election in Nigeria. The best he can hope for is VP to a "bolekaja" candidate that can connect to ggrassroots, CBN Governor or Minister of Trade and Investment.

It is just the sad reality because the man is a genius. This is someone that can manage the economy, but people like that cannot successfully navigate politics in environments like this because they cannot connect with the masses.

Is it market women or rural youths that can barely read that will connect with Moghalu? No way. Is it Almajiris that will stand in the sun for him? No way. That is the problem.

I think the guy is gunning for VP slot. Atiku with this man as VP will make sense because it looks like Soludo is nowhere to be found.

It is sad that someone like him cannot win but

Moghalu can win a presidential election in today's Nigeria where every Nigerian is craving/wailing for a rescuing change from a country that have failed them tragically for almost six decades. More packaging of his vision will probably see him win a powerful swing state like Kano where he started laying the foundation of his vision for a new Nigeria. If ordinary Nigerians and the local market women you alluded to can understand/feel misery and hardship in extreme poverty, they definitely will understand the difference each candidate can bring to the table by careful listening to them. Nigerian are not fools.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mrvitalis(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2018
mctowel01:
Sowore is worst than buhari combined with Jonathan

We are talking about a well schooled individuals with Track record of success and you are talking sowore

Go check the records activist don't do well in power

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2018
mrvitalis:

Sowore is worst than buhari combined with Jonathan

We are talking about a well schooled individuals with Track record of success and you are talking sowore

Go check the records activist don't do well in power
Activists don't do well in power. This got my attention . Mandela did well. Well , just a few out of many did well. The rest became something else. Strong points.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mrvitalis(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2018
mixter:

Activists don't do well in power. This got my attention . Mandela did well. Well , just a few out of many did well. The rest became something else. Strong points.
You call Mandela and activist?
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by mixter(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
mrvitalis:
You call Mandela and activist?
He was . Kindly Google it
Re: 2019 Presidential Election!!!!!! SOWORE Vs MOGHALU by deboysben(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2018
Atiku is the only candidate that gives buhari headache and nairaland zombies knows that.

Osun Sdp Senetorial Rally @ Ilesha / PROOF: Tinubu Forfeited $460000 Heroin Related Funds To United States Government / Dino Melaye Rejects DSS Hospital Admission, Sleeps Outside (pic)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68