Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,264 members, 7,957,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada (37926 Views)

How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? / Opay, Max.ng May Go As Lagos Decides On Okada, Tricycle Operation / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Okada Riders At Ikorodu, Arrest Riders - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Austin234(m): 11:22am On Jul 02, 2018
I hope the state Governor provided alternative means of income for these average citizens. This is to curtail crime rate in the city and its suburbs
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by barragan: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Dave880:
Every state wan be like enugu state.

042 isyl not just a number, it's a way of life.

We lead others follow.

I don't think Enugu was the first to ban Okada. Calabar if I'm not wrong did that before any other city in the south of Nigeria.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by barragan: 11:28am On Jul 02, 2018
samwash:
Abeg I nid the Oyo state government to ban the use of okada in Ibadan.

No one will dare ban Okada in Ibadan. It's not possible.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Abagworo(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2018
Dave880:

We lead others follow.

Hold it there! There's still Keke in Enugu but only one city in Nigeria is free from Keke. Respect your senior
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BigIyanga: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2018
Nonsense. Why didnt Obiano do this before his 2nd tenure? Another political aloofness and miscaculation
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Abagworo(m): 11:35am On Jul 02, 2018
barragan:

I don't think Enugu was the first to ban Okada. Calabar if I'm not wrong did that before any other city in the south of Nigeria.

Port Harcourt was the first followed by Owerri, Enugu, Aba and then Calabar in that order. However Owerri is the 1st and only city to ban Keke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by oneeast: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2018
Clown just shut up is it not better to have decent keke than rickety dirty gwura gwura as means of transport in your town?

Abagworo:

Hold it there! There's still Keke in Enugu but only one city in Nigeria is free from Keke. Respect your senior

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by oneeast: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2018
Watch this video and tell about the date of okada ban in your town.

[s]
Abagworo:

Port Harcourt was the first followed by Owerri, Enugu, Aba and then Calabar in that order. However Owerri is the 1st and only city to ban Keke.
[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8hNT_A0ens
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by oneeast: 11:44am On Jul 02, 2018
Anambra has truly become the only state that actually banned okada in Nigeria. While others were banning in just one town in their states, Anambra banned in 2 major cities of the state. It is something to emulate.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Oxygen1998: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2018
no b only follow na followershpi
Dave880:

We lead others follow.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Abagworo(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2018
oneeast:
Clown just shut up is it not better to have decent keke than rickety dirty gwura gwura as means of transport in your town?

That's Port-Harcourt taxi.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by oneeast: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2018
PH color but operating where? Stop fooling around old man.

Abagworo:

That's Port-Harcourt taxi.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Abagworo(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2018
oneeast:
PH color but operating where? Stop fooling around old man.

Who is the fool now? It's impossible for an unbranded and untracked taxi to operate in Owerri.

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by oneeast: 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2018
Shut up. Does it matter which part of OWERRI he was operating? The point is that he is operating in owerri. Do you want me to you other gwura gwura in your town? cool

Abagworo:

Who is the fool now? It's impossible for an unbranded and untracked taxi to operate in Owerri.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BreakupNigeria: 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2018
ceedan:

Enugu has a better road network unlike Onitsha where most of the street road are bad to the extent that no keke or shutle can pass through them. A place like Awada,owerre aja,okpoko etc can only be accessed with bike.
I'm even surprised that Onitsha still have bikes on its roads when cities like Owerri, P.H, Enugu and even Aba have all banned okada since. Owerri even banned okada and later banned Keke napep as well, today there is sanity in the city. So if Aba could ban okada with its notoriously bad roads then I don't see why Onitsha can't.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BreakupNigeria: 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2018
samwash:
Abeg I nid the Oyo state government to ban the use of okada in Ibadan.
The only place bike can be banned in the SW is Lagos (parts of the city). Banning bikes in places like Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Oshogbo, Abeokuta etc can only lead to chaos and total anarchy. Is it the winding and unmotorable dingy alleys that taxis will run in? An aerial view of your cities will show you how impossible it is to ban okada there.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Collins4u1(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2018
Lonestar124:
Good movement.

At least it will reduce the rate of robbery and accident in the state.....especially in owerri road Onitsha where you hardly find police men on the road.

what is this one saying?
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
Wow, this is great. I know it might look difficult for people now, in due time, onitsha residents will be used to it. Kudos Obiano.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by gettojunior1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2018
Lonestar124:
Good movement.

At least it will reduce the rate of robbery and accident in the state.....especially in owerri road Onitsha where you hardly find police men on the road.

Sir, this is not a good move, I think the government just debar the means of livelihood of many unemployed youth[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by ayobarmy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2018
Guys pls Let me seize this opportunity to ask for the hell of anyone who knows anyone, who can help me with a room and parlour selfcontain around Onitsha..

I currently leave around the back of dmgs with my wife and two kids, but the house is becoming unleavable because the owners only care about taking rent, but they don't care about maintaining the house,...

I don't have cash to rent a house now but, I can afford the rent on monthly basis because I am working.....

I will forever be grateful if I can get help from anyone here....

Thanks
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Alexdon200089: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2018
BianoJay:

More like when you don't have an argument.

The ban on okada won't be the end of armed robbery!

You forget the mean reason for the ban on Okada and focus more on arm robbery, No matter how you try to treat the situation, it will never reduce the rate of arm robbery, but can control the rate.......!!
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by ezehisaac(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
This is nonsense. In a capital city of Phnom Penh where I’m based, motorcyclists are all over the place and no one has ever thought of denying them their right to live and do business. Yet, they rank the 4th fastest growing country in the world. angry
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2018
psychologist:
On it sha regaining it's beauty after ban of okada

What an insolence angry

U need a psychologist.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by uchennamani(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
bugidon:
Obiano bring back okada biko angry We are not used to this cry
Common sense is quite limited. We understand.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by chigoizie7(m): 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2018
Hmmm, u really don't know the type or robbery going on on daily basis
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by nextstep(m): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2018
soliddust2020:
Keke will be the new nuisance there.

Exactly... okada was banned from Asaba roads about 5 years ago, and now there are kekes all over the place, constituting a nuisance when they drive 4-abreast in a two lane road. The streets are littered with keke and they don't mind who they jam or who they scratch. They won't wait their turn at traffic, and will be horning like it's a new toy.

Ultimately, we need good roads and good buses. It's hard for a van to enter some areas (which a bike could), meaning people now have to trek a while before they find transport. Anyways, enjoy your first few weeks of calm before the kekes become a menace there too.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by majamajic(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
ceedan:

Enugu has a better road network unlike Onitsha where most of the street road are bad to the extent that no keke or shutle can pass through them. A place like Awada,owerre aja,okpoko etc can only be accessed with bike.

but they have money to build 6 storey buildings but they can't develop the area. if they wan go somewhere, they should leave earlier .
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by efiembo: 4:12am On Jul 03, 2018
Banning of okada is a welcome development

BianoJay:
Now that over 7000 okada riders have lost their jobs and life has become tougher for people who do not own cars, I guess the Anambra state government is happy.

It is only people who do not know Onitsha very well that will be happy with this. Onitsha road network isn't as straightforward as other cities like most people think. There are places that only bikes can take you to and in the absence of bikes, you will have to walk the distance, no two ways about it.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by samwash(m): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
The only place bike can be banned in the SW is Lagos (parts of the city). Banning bikes in places like Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Oshogbo, Abeokuta etc can only lead to chaos and total anarchy. Is it the winding and unmotorable dingy alleys that taxis will run in? An aerial view of your cities will show you how impossible it is to ban okada there.

Time will come even if its not this present government, but in future government. its high time the Oyo state government has to review the system of the intra-city transportation in Ibadan. Its high time to ban bike in the heart of Ibadan & push them to the interior parts.
its not an impossible task to ban bike in Ibadan, just that the government is not looking at that direction for the now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / Terrible Accident In Nasarawa, Many Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Pics) / Woman On A Bicycle, Man Crushed To Death By SUV. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.