Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job (20560 Views)

Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies / AFCON 2019: Prize Money For Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria To Be Received From CAF / Rohr Releases Super Eagles Squad For Algeria, Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by onatisi(m): 10:58am On Jul 03, 2018
robosky02:
Me; I think nigeria still needs him or

What do you think
he has done a very very good job , his only mistake was ighallo and if he can correct that , he will be a great coach , but the day he invites ighalo again is the day he must be sacked
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by okenzo22: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2018
The build up to our world cup started with Sunday oliseh and salisu yusuf.They invited most of the young players presently in that squad.carl ikeme, Moses Simon, oyinbo wall and co.Genort rohr is good but has defiencu in certain areas.He is a good match tactician that's why eagles come out better in second half. However, a good coach must be a good scout .This is where I think he is deficient.For those who watched our game against athletico Madrid you will understand what I mean.Salisu yusuf can do a great job.He assembled those and they were playing together for the first time.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by okenzo22: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2018
Talent management in football start from team selection.I remember watching oghenekaro etebo playing in the local league four years ago and was wondering why he was not called to the national team.We have footballers in Nigeria and outside the country but we do not pick our best for the national team.We need a football manager who is ready to really scout for players based on their current form.Kelechi nwakali and chidebere nwakali are very good players but it's sad they did not make the list.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by mexzony: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2018
He should go.he is not tactically sound. A very tactical coach would have navigated this group like this Croatia game draw Iceland win Argentina wn or draw. We just messed up because he has no tactics.
See ho France utilised Mbappe against Argentina defence .

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Icon79(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
I think we need him because, knowing Nigeria the way I know them, we can only be going from frying pan to fire if we get rid of him at this time. However, if Nigeria has visionary leaders, we should get rid of him and replace him with Samson Siasia and Emmanuel Amuneke. If those two are given the support and the freehand that the NFF gave Gernot Rohr, they would perform wonders.

Siasia has definitely proven himself, but the NFF just doesn't want to give him a chance.

O pari

robosky02:

What do you think
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
hok4u:
Rohr is a good coach, Nigeria should still retain him, but he needs to do some internship with the likes of Mourinho and Guardiola.
like say mourinho guardiola na gods abi...my own be say it's high time we give our own guys a chance siasia amuneke finidi who have required licence can do better and we save foreign exchange...don't quote say oliseh was bad keshi did well and rohr is yet to measure to him.... See cisse of Senegal did s decent job as a coach

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by PaulAdeka(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
The coach is good, let him stay. but instead let Algeria come and carry Buhari as their president. we dont mind
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by mechanics(m): 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2018
robosky02:
What do you think
Same, but he should test the ability of all players.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final / Vincent Enyeama Wins Ligue 1 Team Of The Year Award For Best Goalkeeper / Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.