Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! (3088 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2018
When durability affordability comes to mind, it's challenging to know which car brand to choose from over 50 car brands, and we all know that the claims most of this car manufacturers make just to make a sale can be more like politicians stuffs, .watch my tune up you will get madly in love with G3 on the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOqnAeeuBo
The reviews we get from product from some who claimed to be expert don't match the reality of the product they claimed after test running it, so I can say the information we get from reviews can be no better than the manufacturer cos some are trying to create a traffic to some websites and willingness to do anything to get it rocking amounts to lies and false information,

The real truth can be mined from end users and better mechanics who owns a copy of that product,

Toyota is one car brand that have been making waves in Africa but when it come to affordability and durability, durability is there but affordability is not,

The two components that's that is the determinants factors for durability is the heart of the engine and the chassis, at this point the composite and mixture of those components is crucial and vital for the long term usage, this two car brands are leading

Toyota and Volkswagen aka peoples car

But when it comes to affordability Volkswagen beats a crap out Toyota not by chassis but by engine and affordability,

Volkswagen Mk 1, 2 and 3 is the winner Mk 4 has joined the badass G rugged cars
But because of beauty and durability combined vw Mk 3 car that started it production from 1993 I is the last man standing, and set aside vw beetle vw make 3 has sold more than any vw brand in history with different customization from headlamps, tail light, engine, species of Mk 3 like GT, GTI, GL, CL, with different engines

I own a copy of this machine, as forth owner and four years of usage, I have conquered major issues that lots of you see as nightmare like electrical issues, back spindle issues, and that's the genesis of my becoming a mechanic with no previous experience, have never serve as Mechanic apprentice for any mechanic,

Am sure this question I want to ask will be a lot meaningful to you,

What problems are you encountering with this German machine? Electrical, mechanical including best oil that will keep it performing at it peak,

The first problem this car starts with the electric panel under drivers steering,

The pulling off famous rear tire misconduct is a result of negligence from car owners and users and since four years of usage till date I have never encountered it. ...$$$$$%%$$$$$$$

2 Shares

Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by justiniyke29: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
hmm, I have always seen Benz as the most reliable vehicle especially w124 and w210
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
justiniyke29:
hmm, I have always seen Benz as the most reliable vehicle especially w124 and w210

It's Parts is expensive, and it's always on the high side, drinks fuel like drunkered, the new models are fuel efficient but not as vw. Don't forget I am talking about small car that's immortal. Car under N700k used.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by cooleo(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
Please is 'golf 4' equally as durable as the mk1-3?
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
cooleo:
when it's a wolfburg version, that is directly from Germany.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by cooleo(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2018
dancok:

Noted
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2018
cooleo:

Not really, vw golf 4 is just beautiful but that durability is not there famous problem of vw make 4 is electrical issues,

Many Nigerian mechanics call it nightmare, but I have not by accident or change take a critical step on meeting any m4 with that nightmares to really know which parts it's coming from, misfiring, crank no start, ckp sensor, cams sensor, MAF sensor, ECU or Fuse box as in similar case with vw make three

Mk 5 is rocking great no electrical issues it's durable as compared to black lady but vw 3 and vw 2 n 1 are roughed as durable as black man
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2018
dancok:

Weather it's from South Africa, Mexico or even vw plant in China, there are same,

Every vw plant aside Germany has precision and specs from vw in Germany that they are to build any vw car to..

If there are more requests for winters version vw all the vw car make franchise have same standard,

I have seen different engine from different franchise Mexico South Africa German and other and there is no difference 1.3, 1.6, 1.8, 1.9 2.0, 2.2L ,
it's only 2.2 that has extra performance the most common is 1.8L 1.9L GTI comes with 2.2 but lots of folks mistake for 2.0 just like some mistakes 1.9 for 1.8L GT comes with 1.9L

Some of this engine looks a little bit different from others some are four points injectors like 1.6 2.0 2.2 but 1.9 1.8 1.3 comes with single point injector mistaken for carburettor cos it has shape like carb, but it not cos it has sensors all around it, although some 1.8 that comes with most vw mk 1 n 2 comes with carburettor the differences is the HP

When my vw was having issues with the valve stem seals and after overhauling it with Nigerian China spare parts it didn't improve so I decided to drop the entire top head and the used one I found was little bit rough on the oil inlet but the configuration is same, that top is made in Mexico.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by erico2k2(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Not really, vw golf 4 is just beautiful but that durability is not there famous problem of vw make 4 is electrical issues,

Many Nigerian mechanics call it nightmare, but I have not by accident or change take a critical step on meeting any m4 with that nightmares to really know which parts it's coming from, misfiring, crank no start, ckp sensor, cams sensor, MAF sensor, ECU or Fuse box as in similar case with vw make three

Mk 5 is rocking great no electrical issues it's durable as compared to black lady but vw 3 and vw 2 n 1 are roughed as durable as black man
All the faults you pointed out up there, name one car that does not have same parts that could go faulty, the vast majority of electrical problems we get in cars in Nigeria are caused by mechanics when they are trying to
fix a small fault, Your electrical system has little or no movable part so less friction .Panels and ECU get damaged due to surge usually caused by using wrong wire gauge to patch a cut they did by bypassing existing wiring. Kazims or rewire keep adding new contact points.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

All the faults you pointed out up there, name one car that does not have same parts that could go faulty, the vast majority of electrical problems we get in cars in Nigeria are caused by mechanics when they are trying to
fix a small fault, Your electrical system has little or no movable part so less friction .Panels and ECU get damaged due to surge usually caused by using wrong wire gauge to patch a cut they did by bypassing existing wiring. Kazims or rewire keep adding new contact points.

We are talking about durability, here we know every car has it despite that fact vw is the king of the road,

I am certain you didn't read my thread very well, cos that's what I dealt with in contrast to mechanics ignorant of the wiring hernes making mess within the circuit that bridge the circuit,

There points which you are missing here, where I can tell you from that point that as analystical frameworks of your, career you are close but not that close,

let me Lecture you
]If you are 1mm close to your automotive components, you will understand that, the electronic components that constitute your car automotive systems, age as well as their contact points, due to fuse blown removed and replaced and relay shots within the circuit board and that's create on and off partial contact. Resulting to no crank, crank no star[/b]t.

[b]And that is not caused by Nigerian or American mechanics but age and reaction caused by electrons flow in the circuit that preheats the components like your relay solenoid fuse and others.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by erico2k2(m): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

We are talking about durability, here we know every car has it despite that fact vw is the king of the road,

I am certain you didn't read my thread very well, cos that's what I dealt with in contrast to mechanics ignorant of the wiring hernes making mess within the circuit that bridge the circuit,

There points which you are missing here, where I can tell you from that point that as analystical frameworks of your, career you are close but not that close,

let me Lecture you
]If you are 1mm close to your automotive components, you will understand that, the electronic components that constitute your car automotive systems, age as well as their contact points, due to fuse blown removed and replaced and relay shots within the circuit board and that's create on and off partial contact. Resulting to no crank, crank no star[/b]t.

[b]And that is not caused by Nigerian or American mechanics but age and reaction caused by electrons flow in the circuit that preheats the components like your relay solenoid fuse and others.
ok
A, I did make mention of moving parts which ur relay might come under. Talking about fuses, the don't blow cos of age rather a surge. If the blow they have done their job.I have seen where people just bridge fuses or replace with a higher rated one.
I also made mention of kazims putting extra contact points (relays) in the wiring system thereby overloading ur ECU.
Bro trust me I deal with more complex system than Automobiles on a daily bases so Im very close more than 1mm.

B,
things in ur car that do not move a meant to dies with your car as they are non serviceable. things that get heated by external forces are shielded, those which generate their own heat are made with components to stand their own heat like the O2 sensors.
Now my angle of argument when it comes to durability would be pointed at moving parts, parts that are likely to fail with time ie serviceable parts. I think the length it takes to change these parts cars to cars under same circumstances should be used as a yard stick to measure durability.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

ok
A,

Yes they do bridge one circuits to another,

But set aside that the silicon chips does fail and malfunction over time,

Am talking about the non movable parts.. Even with the circuit and wiring herness intact as preteen order as the manufacturer has engineered it to be..

Develops flaws like the lambda sensor, catalytic converter, ignition apart plugs have life span.
Some are very short in contrast to the lifespan if the car itself.

This are the very source of malfunctioning in automotive systems components consisting of integrated circuits..

Abnormal functions of the alternator can create surge in the system that could be a potential threat to the sensors and different ECU in the automotive system of the car.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by erico2k2(m): 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Yes they do bridge one circuits to another,

But set aside that the silicon chips does fail and malfunction over time,

Am talking about the non movable parts.. Even with the circuit and wiring herness intact as preteen order as the manufacturer has engineered it to be..

Some are very short in contrast to the lifespan if the car itself.

This are the very source of malfunctioning in automotive systems components consisting of integrated circuits..

Ok now we clear on what part which you say non movable part, at this point I would say are these parts not same and used by every car ir circuit boards? They probably being made by same manufacturers in china.do you think this should be a yardstick for measuring durability cos from my point of view, what the probability of the vw board lasting more than the ford one at same conditions? It would be like saying the windscreen of a vw is better and stronger than that of the ford, my take.
NB, my argument here is this, the yardstick for measuring durability should be limited to movable and serviceable parts cos you can put time on them. These are specified in the manufacturer's scheduled maintainer book.
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by mrcoolautofix(m): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
erico2k2:

Ok now we clear on what part which you say non movable pa

IT is a yardstick really,

If the chips are not same quality which is possible,

Look I really don't know what you are driving at, but this is my last stake on this,

I have done my homework very well, and as for the Ford comparison,

Ford cars are pretty much expensive including the small ones, and at this point if you read my threads very well

Am sure there are no such ford car within that cost range in Nigeria, so it's off this thread.

If you really want to know what I know and wants to used that information to determine the durability of cars for other brands it should be official,

But if you not so, I want you to drive your Ford focus car that has chassis structure like vw mk 3 on road from Abuja to east or lagos and keep taking records of the small cars with loads that you see more frequently on the highway. Thats number one assignment

Second try putting your Ford focus for commercial purposes for 4 years I don't mean drop on or two passengers, no I mean 4 passengers at the back and 3 passengers in the front for four years keep the pictures of the car before and after.

3rd test is for tensile stress and strength
Give your Ford focus, Nissan almera, premera, Toyota carina e, opel vectra wagon, 406 wagon, or 5O4 Peugeot, mazda 323 or mad 626 wagon , vw make 3 wagon or vw make 1 or 2 saloon for cash crops goods such as tomato banana plantain or even for pure water distribution or ice block, carriageTransport for 4 years

If when you are Don with this test, take a very good look at the cars and I will tell you exactly the result you will arrive at, at both the moving parts and non moving parts

If at all some of those cars will make it back without wreckage in different sections of those cars.

If the silicone chips are working perfectly but the car is immobilised due to structural failure are you going to drive the chips with the structure of the car that hold the tires in place?

Are you going to say that the car has satisfactory pass it's durability test?

Every car has issues but the period of time it takes to develop issues and cost of fixing it is what determine its durability.. No parts is out of the equation chassis inclusive..
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by erico2k2(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
ARE YOU NOT THE SAME PERSON WHO MADE THIS POST?
https://www.nairaland.com/4560502/best-oil-cars-nigeria-under#69465625
Re: Best Small Car Ever! - This Car Is Immortal! Most Durable, The Most Roughed! by cooleo(m): 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
mrcoolautofix:

Thanks for this info

(1) (Reply)

Quick Sale: Volkswagen Jetta 2008 / Does Turning On Car AC Reduce The Fuel? / Check Out Photos Of Senator Dino Melaye Exotic Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.