Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,564 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish (15061 Views)

Ways To Avoid The Temptation To Eat Out / Calorie Content Of Crayfish / How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by ud4u: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
Grind and put in airtight container, you can as well put in refrigerator to avoid those small white ants that use to emanate from old crayfish.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by eros(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hmmmmm. . . . . .Nairaland.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
I bought my crayfish to cook egusi but ended up eating everything raw
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by akwaowoudo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
What Nigerian odour? Are you sure the odour percieved from the crayfish could be neutralized as muttered by the poser cum via collaborators?
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by akwaowoudo(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
Poor you, poser! Cray fish, we proud of. Origin? Riverine areas of South-southern Nigeria. Akwa Ibom is inclusive; always okay! If Nigeria should possess any odour, it would that of IBB, OBASANJO, ABACHA, ATIKU, TURAI YAR'ADUA who taught us corruption. Pls make your post screened at oesophagus before publishing. My words they are!
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by agabaI23(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayokanu:

In those days, your parents would say you are learning to be a thief grin
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by myride: 6:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Too bad!!!!! shocked
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
In those days, your parents would say you are learning to be a thief

No be small tiffing o. I dey even wake up for midnight to chop some sef
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by wazobiang: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
may your ancestors forgive you. olodo. which one is nigerian smell. what? WTF. AIII! this is painful. in fact stop eating that crayfish. aii! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE!AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE! AAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEE!
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by johndavid1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2010
Theblessed:

[b]Excused me! What do you mean by "that Nigerian smell?", If Nigeria has got smell I'm very sorry, indeed!  People are not proud of who they are because they have issue - the Michael J's of this world. This is how Nigerians undermine themselves and blame others for it.  Since you have so low self esteem of your own culture why bother?

There's nothing wrong with our food and my beautiful crispy, curvy and naturally preserved Nigerian crayfish (with no additive) and whose flavour is out of this world, you can't compare!!!  So, how could anyone rubbish my Nigeria crayfish, I wonder!  

May be, there's a cultural identity issue to address here hope you resolve it and leave our crayfish alone. In fact, Ms Crayfish say I should inform you, since you appreciate her taste and not her smell that the dislike is mutual and, perhaps, you should LEAVE HER ALONE NOW, than coming here to abuse her! cool cool cool cool cool cool

Finally, on a personal note, aside the message, always preserve our beautiful curvy Nigerian lady (blended or whole) in your freezer that way, you'd be happy and she too. grin grin grin grin grin
[/b]
thank u my brother talk some sense into her angry angry angry
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
Theblessed:

[b]Excused me! What do you mean by "that Nigerian smell?", If Nigeria has got smell I'm very sorry, indeed!  People are not proud of who they are because they have issue - the Michael J's of this world. This is how Nigerians undermine themselves and blame others for it.  Since you have so low self esteem of your own culture why bother?

There's nothing wrong with our food and my beautiful crispy, curvy and naturally preserved Nigerian crayfish (with no additive) and whose flavour is out of this world, you can't compare!!!  So, how could anyone rubbish my Nigeria crayfish, I wonder!  

May be, there's a cultural identity issue to address here hope you resolve it and leave our crayfish alone. In fact, Ms Crayfish say I should inform you, since you appreciate her taste and not her smell that the dislike is mutual and, perhaps, you should LEAVE HER ALONE NOW, than coming here to abuse her! cool cool cool cool cool cool

Finally, on a personal note, aside the message, always preserve our beautiful curvy Nigerian lady (blended or whole) in your freezer that way, you'd be happy and she too. grin grin grin grin grin
[/b]

All this because she doesnt wanna smell like creyfish?

"You've got the whole world on your shoulder", my brother.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by bawomolo(m): 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayokanu:

lol thumps up
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hate it or love,  You know what that mean,
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by CarlosVent(m): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
hw pls
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by laruuu: 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
I just did mine that was sent frm Nigeria last week.Have u got an Oven?dry it up in the oven and afta cooling,store it in the fridge, It works wonder
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by dominique(f): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
and this made homepage because
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by agabaI23(m): 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
dayokanu:

No be small tiffing o. I dey even wake up for midnight to chop some sef

Ok I see your own don pass don't be silly
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Amychike: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
You dont want your non Nigerian friends to smell crayfish but you can smell their garlic. NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA !!STOP BEING WHITER THAN THE WHITES. BE PROUD OF YOUR COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Digriz(m): 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
homepage thread! wonderful!!!
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Nwaka77: 1:27am On Jun 10, 2010
Theblessed:

[b]Excused me! What do you mean by "that Nigerian smell?", If Nigeria has got smell I'm very sorry, indeed! People are not proud of who they are because they have issue - the Michael J's of this world. This is how Nigerians undermine themselves and blame others for it. Since you have so low self esteem of your own culture why bother?

There's nothing wrong with our food and my beautiful crispy, curvy and naturally preserved Nigerian crayfish (with no additive) and whose flavour is out of this world, you can't compare!!! So, how could anyone rubbish my Nigeria crayfish, I wonder!

[/b]

Exactly!
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Nwaka77: 1:27am On Jun 10, 2010
Amychike:

You dont want your non Nigerian friends to smell crayfish but you can smell their garlic. NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA !!STOP BEING WHITER THAN THE WHITES. BE PROUD OF YOUR COUNTRY.

So true.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Osama10(m): 1:30am On Jun 10, 2010
Dont mind them.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Outstrip(f): 1:59am On Jun 10, 2010
in the freezer
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by oyinda3(f): 5:45am On Jun 10, 2010
laruuu:

I just did mine that was sent frm Nigeria last week.Have u got an Oven?dry it up in the oven and afta cooling,store it in the fridge, It works wonder

hmm. . . will think about that.
I just ate some again today with garri. this is my last time though. i'll use the rest to cook efo soup in the weekend.  it will all be over with!!

Amychike:

I definitely won't be visiting someone whose house smells like garlic. that doesn't go down with my nose. likewise, i don't want ppl avoiding me for crayfish smell.
I am proud to be nigerian. But i think this is just social courtesy.

@Theblessed,
I see where ur coming from. In fact, I love both the smell and taste just that most other ppl don't. I had a naija schoolmate in HS who had the naija smell and ppl always talked about it and I felt embarrassed for her. The smell is familiar to me so it doesn't offend me but others were obviously offended.
also had an indian friend who had to move out of her apartment because her housemate couldn't tolerate the indian food smell.
like i said, it's just social courtesy and has nothing to do with lack of cultural pride.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Outstrip(f): 6:39am On Jun 10, 2010
Smelling like fish is now something to be proud of. LOL. When was the last time you smelled indian food on an indian and congratulated him/her for being true to themselves.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by 190: 7:41am On Jun 10, 2010
so oyinda smells CRAY FISH

LOL
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 10, 2010
Outstrip:

Smelling like fish is now something to be proud of. LOL. When was the last time you smelled indian food on an indian and congratulated him/her for being true to themselves.
dnt mind oyinda. its the creyfish typing
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by oyinda3(f): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2010
^she's refering to theblessed n co.
don't derail the topic plz.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by oluagness(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2010
In good old time, I remember my mum used to ramp it with nylon a put it very close to smoke in the kitchen.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by lahips: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2010
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by skyndyp(f): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
What is all this talk about chewing Mr. Crayfish? I enjoy it in food,considering the fact that my state have it in abundance. But chewing it? I'll throw up all over my kitchen!

By the way, if you need bags or trucks of crayfish pls let me know. I'll make sure u have more than u can chew grin grin
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by ijcurt(f): 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
oyinda, i dnt understand this topic. u already know wat to do and ure bothering us! pls post something reasonable that everyone can learn from and stop trying to get unnecessary attention.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? / Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It) / Snail chunks/chops Now Available (#3000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.