Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish (15063 Views)

Ways To Avoid The Temptation To Eat Out / Calorie Content Of Crayfish / How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by bawomolo(m): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
these culturally concious folks are hilarious.
no one wants to smell like fish, not even the US folks who live around the gulf.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by jerk: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
ijcurt:

oyinda, i dnt understand this topic. u already know wat to do and ure bothering us! pls post something reasonable that everyone can learn from and stop trying to get unnecessary attention.
dont mind her
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by jokingmary(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
ijcurt:

oyinda, i dnt understand this topic. u already know wat to do and ure bothering us! pls post something reasonable that everyone can learn from and stop trying to get unnecessary attention.

don't blame her cause I would do the same to become a moderator grin
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Theblessed(f): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
[size=18pt]That's ok, all is forgiven but promise to help us educate some of us who prefer the 'other' to themselves. Cheers! grin grin grin[/size]
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Pennywise(m): 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2010
Should this topic be in food or sexuality? Really!
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by james1(m): 6:28am On Jun 14, 2010
Hi.
You may grind and store in airtight container but not refridgerator.you can also store in plastic bag(s) for that great feel when'wacked'whole.yum,yum,yum.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by oyinda3(f): 12:11am On Jun 15, 2010
ijcurt:

I was looking for new/ more suggestions. and besides, it's nice to have confirmation on what i already know so that I'm more confident in doing it.

thanks all!!
I have a new question though. last one!!
I have beans from naija and some of them have kokoro in them. I need tips and suggestions on how to go about this.
bean kokoro/weevils or whatever they're called. i don't want to be chewing kokoro when i eat my beans.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by favouredjb(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2010
You ll have to eat it like dt with the kokoro,they cant be elimnated completely

if u attended boarding school in nigeria,you ll knw wat am tlkn abt grin

enough 'ewa james e' grin
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by tpiah: 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2010
i'd say dump the entire batch of beans or try mixing the uncooked beans with ground pepper in a sealed container.

you can also freeze the whole thing.

why do you need beans from nigeria when you can buy it abroad?

no let customs catch you oh!
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by oyinda3(f): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
i bought it abroad. just happened to be imported from naija. taste is different and it cooks faster but i wouldn't say better than beans here. at least ones here don't have kokoro.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Biabeke(f): 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2010
A bowl of distilled vinegar in the middle of the room and an open package of baking soda in the refrigerator would do.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by akwaowoudo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2010
lahips:

snacking with crayfish, hummm guess you need to brush your teeth before you leave the house, cause if you chew crayfish and do not wash up immediately, you will definately not like the odour your mouth will be producing.

meanwhile i do not store crayfish in the fridge or freezer, its kept in the kitchen, either in a nylon or in a plastic container, whats with the whole frezer thing, even those that sell in large quantity in the market i think we should learn from their own preservative method, do they put it in the freezer or fridge, this people simply tie it up in nylons and it stays in the market for as long as they do not have customers.

like Oluagness said most people then keep it near smoke in the kitchen, but since people hardly cook with firewood thos days except when cooking lare quantities then preserving it in nylon in the kitchen or an airtight container is simply the best.
Good daughter from a good mother.
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by jot01(m): 5:24am On Aug 31, 2010
Funnny.

Why do you have them in da room befre?

were u cuddling with Crayfish Nii, lol
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 31, 2010
jot01:

Funnny.

Knowing oyindamola, this was prolly the case grin
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by jot01(m): 5:41am On Aug 31, 2010
@ Oyin,
Regarding Kokoro in ya Beans, Yea, they are Nice to chew in da beans as its more protenious, lol

Put Ata Gbigbe inside the Beans

or Grind the beans and use it for AKARA OR MOI MOI, lol
Re: How To Avoid The Smell Of Crayfish by oyinda3(f): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2010
jot01:

Funnny.

Ileke-IdI:

Knowing oyindamola, this was prolly the case grin

hahaha i eat in my room sometimes. so the crayfish came with me into my room. hahaha
i wish i could say i was cuddling with  it though 'cause it tasted so good.  grin

hahha. anyways, i think this topic can be closed now. i've thrown d rest of the offending product away. and this topic has successfully put me off crayfish for a while. thanks for your tips though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Too Skinny, I Need Advice On How To Put On Weight To Be Average / Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? / Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.