Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (40648 Views)

Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone? / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by netflicks(m): 6:28am On Jul 05, 2018
If u brought yourself into this world without the effort of your mum and dad then u are free not to get married...

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by divinelove(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Obodo999:

Having a kid or kids does not mean you won't die of loneliness.

With a wife u wont

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by divinelove(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2018
namet:
If you plan well, are deliberate, and work towards it, you may not necessarily be lonely at old age. You can buy companionship and care if you have money at old age.

That means you don't need many landed assets like houses because you can't control them when you're old. At old age, you need liquid cash, so safe your cash (in different banks, not in one bank) and forget about buying landed properties.

Remember there won't be any regrets if you deliberately did not want a family. Not having a family seems to become an issue only if you didn't plan for it. Not planning for old age usually end up in surprises; that is the surprise of waking up at old age and no one is there.

So, planning for this point in life when you're physically weak is of critical importance if one decides to not have children.

With a wife u will be better off
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Vmaqween(f): 6:42am On Jul 05, 2018
you need to be counselled, I can do it for free for you if you don't mind
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by divinelove(m): 6:43am On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:

I don't get lonely, I am a social introvert meaning that I prefer keeping to myself but I still go out to socialize with friends.
And if I die alone and nobody finds me, I don't care no matter how my body decays because I would be dead and I would not feel a thing.

U have no idea of what you are getting urself into, ok continue. I think you are better with a wife at old age
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by ustyne: 6:43am On Jul 05, 2018
Your fears is indirectly fuelled by social media. There are more good marriages than bad ones. Just that Good news doesn't draw traffic, bad news does.

2. You won't understand the need to be married or have kids, until you are 60.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by NwaliE01: 6:44am On Jul 05, 2018
Some people actually get their dreamt wealth after they got married and then raising kids become least of their problems.
I think you're feeling the way you are due to your past experience with ladies.
To me it's cheaper to be married than single ie if you get a wife and not just a woman.
I am married so I am not guessing my opinion.
Renew your mind, then you will see the beauty and untold joy in raising a home.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Luvdmx(m): 6:45am On Jul 05, 2018
Op marriage is overrated. You are perfectly normal.

Live your life in your own terms.. Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by nellyelitz(m): 6:45am On Jul 05, 2018
PURE MENTAL AGITATION
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Chikebranny123(m): 6:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Biglittlelois:

I dont want to be religious, but God realised Adam needs Eve cos he figured he will be lonely, so i believe once a male is born a female is born or out there for him and vice versa
Oya let's be religious
CHOICES
It's not good for man to be alone.
Has cornered many people into running into marriage hastily. Not to mention that the op has made a choice to be ignorant.

Now to my point if you say that there is one person designated to another, then we're in big trouble cause single people do die. So what happens to the designatee or abi the ones that die were not designated to anybody.

Bia woke
He who finds a wife
A wife is any woman married (bad or good) it's the man that will choose abi
Is it your friend that will choose for you.

Oya lemme look for trouble
What abt Rev. Sisters abi all their husbands have become Reverend fada ba

Oya lemme stop.
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by OvaSabi1(f): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:
Hey nairalanders, what do you think? Is this normal? Marriage doesn't appeal to me at all same as having kids, I prefer having dogs even now i have 2 of them and as soon as I get a job and make enough money I plan on getting 3 more making them 5 in number. I know most people, the first thing they want to do as soon as they get a job is to get married and have kids but not me, I'm also not interested in having a girlfriend, though I used to have one back then when I was in the university but we were forced to leave each other being that she had to go back to her country and I had to come back to Nigeria.
After that I got another girl here in Nigeria, but I had to leave her because she was too expensive and she was draining me financially. After that, I just lost interest in relationships and I decided to be single, I decided that even if I feel the need to lay with a woman I can just go to an ashawo hotel or get a steady woman who I can be calling any time I need company. I think this is the lifestyle that suits me especially in this harsh economy, its easier for me. If I get married and have kids imagine all the money I'm going to have to be spending, excess groceries, all kinds of bills, school fees and the list goes on.
At least having a steady woman to call like maybe once a week can't be as expensive as getting married and supporting a wife.
Also having dogs can't be as expensive as raising kids, with dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end.
What is your take on this? What do you think?

Do you have any sexual feelings at all? Like are you attracted to the opposite sex at all? Do you ever get sexually aroused? If no, then you are asexual. That would explain things in a very simple way and if you continue to keep to yourself you're going to have a simple uncomplicated life.
But.
If you're not asexual your life is going to be very difficult. Will you be patronising prostitutes? Your seem to be what Oyibo people call "involuntarily celebate". That's an inability to find a partner due to a temporary or permanent condition. You seem like someone who will become a wild womanizer when you finally blow. Your problem is actually lack of opportunities because you lack money. If you continue to feel this way after you become rich, that means that you are a "baby boy for life". This is not a bad thing. There are many baby boys who were pressed and pressured to get married and they make terrible fathers and husbands. Just be ready to face gay rumours.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by investman: 6:54am On Jul 05, 2018
NwaliE01:
Some people actually get their dreamt wealth after they got married and then raising kids become least of their problems.
I think you're feeling the way you are due to your past experience with ladies.
To me it's cheaper to be married than single ie if you get a wife and not just a woman.
I am married so I am not guessing my opinion.
Renew your mind, then you will see the beauty and untold joy in raising a home.

How about marked couples who don't have kids? Who will take care of them at old age? Can't they adopt kids?
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by adeoba2008(m): 6:58am On Jul 05, 2018
It's your choice...
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Oluwahfemi: 6:58am On Jul 05, 2018
WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results…See How To Check Result here, click link @
http://www.gidiclass.com.ng/2018/07/04/waec-releases-2018-wassce-resultssee-how-to-check-result/
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by iLUMeN8(m): 6:58am On Jul 05, 2018
Biglittlelois:

once a male is born a female is born or out there for him and vice versa

You really are living in a bubble undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by divinelove(m): 6:59am On Jul 05, 2018
milemimi93:

y are most of y'all concern abt old age?

Haven't u seen people u have millions of kids who are well to do yet at old age they look like someone u dosn't have kids?

It is not assurance that all ur kids would look after u at old age.
They will abandon u if they want to or if they have bad wivies and there's noting u will do.

If u plan ur life well, with or without kids u can be fine at old age.
Ur wife will care for you at old age n give u companion
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Lawalspecial: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2018
Then i will use a question to answer your question...
#who will you feel if you have no one beside you for support and when you're old and died whe will continue to bear you name and take after you? Then you should kniw the need for marriage and need for kids. Thank you
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by wickyyolo: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
its normal bro, having the same issue.

When you become very intelligent you , tend to ignore women

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by harriet412(f): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Imagine if your dad never met and married your mum, you wont exist, everyone has a destined partner yeah!!! if you go ahead with this, she may be wondering why she is not married!! i pray you meet her soon so that you'll become lovestruck tongue

Kikikiki, no be only destined. .happily ever after gringrin
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Grupo(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2018
Vmaqween:
you need to be counselled, I can do it for free for you if you don't mind

See as you take fine grin.

Oya, come and counsel me!
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2018
MARINE WIFE ID SPOTTED
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by henrixx(m): 7:07am On Jul 05, 2018
Poverty filled thinking. The op is lazy and not ready to face his fears....hes not a man

Reason we get a family is for company. Your dogs will never give You the love and company your kids will bring.

Your financial complaints just show you are stingy selfish etc
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2018
downloading WHEN MONEY NO DEY BY TIMAYA
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 05, 2018
divinelove:
I see a man DT will die of loneliness in old age, u might die and decay in your bed n nobody will know

This is a total lie from the pit of hell angry
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by olayinkajnr(m): 7:11am On Jul 05, 2018
marvelli:
Marriage is not for everyone but in your case, I think its more lack of money that's holding you back. Just look at your list of monetary complaints.

I wanted to type this but you beat me to it. The OP is all about money. I see no valid reason he gave except money money money.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by olayinkajnr(m): 7:12am On Jul 05, 2018
henrixx:
Poverty filled thinking. The op is lazy and not ready to face his fears....hes not a man

Reason we get a family is for company. Your dogs will never give You the love and company your kids will bring.

Your financial complaints just show you are stingy selfish etc

You get sense bro. May you never lack sense
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by innocential3032(m): 7:13am On Jul 05, 2018
Base on my understanding my bible, it is not normal, go into the world and multiply yaga yaga . Even if u dnt married, have baby mama jst like wizkid and davido
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by asawanathegreat(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2018
Follow ur decision, after all Rev father's and sisters are leaving well.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by divinelove(m): 7:17am On Jul 05, 2018
Rolly83:

This is a total lie from the pit of hell angry

Truth from God himself, it's not good for a man to be alone I will make him a helpmate n companion.

It's abnormal to live without a wife, the person will understand at old age
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Almunjid(m): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2018
U preferred to have Dogs than...? U must be related to Dogs. If ur father had the same mentality with u, u wouldn't have be born.
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Prestdude: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:
Hey nairalanders, what do you think? Is this normal? Marriage doesn't appeal to me at all same as having kids, I prefer having dogs even now i have 2 of them and as soon as I get a job and make enough money I plan on getting 3 more making them 5 in number. I know most people, the first thing they want to do as soon as they get a job is to get married and have kids but not me, I'm also not interested in having a girlfriend, though I used to have one back then when I was in the university but we were forced to leave each other being that she had to go back to her country and I had to come back to Nigeria.
After that I got another girl here in Nigeria, but I had to leave her because she was too expensive and she was draining me financially. After that, I just lost interest in relationships and I decided to be single, I decided that even if I feel the need to lay with a woman I can just go to an ashawo hotel or get a steady woman who I can be calling any time I need company. I think this is the lifestyle that suits me especially in this harsh economy, its easier for me. If I get married and have kids imagine all the money I'm going to have to be spending, excess groceries, all kinds of bills, school fees and the list goes on.
At least having a steady woman to call like maybe once a week can't be as expensive as getting married and supporting a wife.
Also having dogs can't be as expensive as raising kids, with dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end.
What is your take on this? What do you think?

Imagine if your parents had the same mind set.... Just saying undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? by Prestdude: 7:22am On Jul 05, 2018
mhd5757:
, dogs all I need to do is to buy their feed, their grooming products and pay for their medical bills and probably training fees too but with kids and a wife imagine all the bills, the lists keep compiling and they never end.

Imagine if your parents had the same mind set.... Just saying undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Childhood Days; Were You Bathed Like This? (photo) / My Wife Saw A Female Unclad Pics On My Ipad / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.