Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Governor Uduaghan's Facade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Uduaghan's Facade (721 Views)

Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters / Governor Uduaghan And Wife Renew Marriage Vows / Governor Uduaghan Speak On Okada Ban (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Uduaghan's Facade by oisehumen(m): 11:19am On Jun 09, 2010
UDUAGHAN

It no longer news that Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, the incumbent governor of Delta State is a confused man. Since the forced exit  of his cousin and benefactor, James Ibori, the governor has gradually lost grip on his office and his popularity within the state has

continued to plummet. He is the chief security officer of the state, yet he can’t guarantee his own safety. Afraid of being stoned by Delta indigenes, who say he has not delivered on his campaign promises, Uduaghan now commissions state projects at night, usually during the wee hours of the morning.

Uduaghan is so dysfunctional and out of touch with his aides, that he took visiting governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa  State with him to commission a hospital that had not yet been supplied with any equipment. After cutting the tape, he proceeded to lead his guest into the hospital for an official tour, but was quickly stopped by his aide who embarrassingly informed him that the hospital had no equipment to show.

Uduaghan’s public Tirade

The governor recently warned one of his commissioners at a public function in the presence of other Delta State government cabinet members to desist from bothering him with calls and text messages. “I hope you realize that I am the executive governor of this state. I do not want you to call me again. I will call you when I need you”, he arrogantly cautioned the commissioner.

Some commissioners, who preferred to be anonymous, have complained of their inability to meet with the governor on numerous occasions, whom they said has no time for any of them. “We hardly see the governor, except when there is a public function somewhere within the state. You dare not book for an appointment when he does not need to see you. He seems not to trust anyone. The Ministries are run without adequate funding but we dare not say it aloud because it’s better being ‘in’ than ‘out’”, they complained.

On another occasion, at an enlarged meeting of the executives of the Delta State Elders Council, led by Chief Gabriel Sefia, an enraged Gov. Uduaghan said to the chagrin of his host, "I have refused to be pushed away. Mr. President needs the Governor of Delta State and the Governor of Delta State needs Mr. President. I have easy access to Mr. President because Mr. President recognizes that I am the Governor of a critical state in Nigeria."

Against public knowledge Uduaghan insists he inherited a full treasury, yet Uduaghan has refused to pay many contractors for the past three years. To be paid for job done in Delta State, a contractor must be an Uduaghan sycophant, which in his mindset means loyalist. The selective payment system, huhuonline.com learnt is to ensure that money does not get into the hands of Delta indigenes suspected to be non-loyalists or those who have opposing views. This goes against the concept of a democracy which means a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Now Uduaghan is at war with his commissioners over loyalty and allegiance. It is agreed that no one can serve two masters, and within hierarchies loyalty has to be given to authority. But loyalty must be to the country, the state and its people, not to its office holders. Paranoid and embattled, Gov. Uduaghan opined that to continue to be part of his cabinet, commissioners must not be seen openly fraternizing with opposition. To this end he has engaged the services of a biased and untrained spy network, led by his brother-in-law to monitor the activities of his aides suspected to have ties with the opposition.

In the same vein, Dr. Uduaghan, has threatened to sack disloyal public office appointees, and has issued them a two-week ultimatum to retrace their steps or be removed from office. “Your loyalty must be 100 per cent to this administration. I am giving you two weeks to resign, if you feel you cannot be loyal anymore”, he stated.
Re: Governor Uduaghan's Facade by Mavor: 11:44am On Jun 09, 2010
Tryant, As corrupt as Ibori was, at least he got things done.
Re: Governor Uduaghan's Facade by monkeyleg: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
Uduaghan is a sick phuck, like his stupid brother. They both realise that the game is up, and are begining to show signs of a madman. I believe your story, because I heard excatly the same thing about him threatening members of his staff, when the offer somewhat good advise. Uduaghan like his brother are no good thieves that have deprived we deltans of so much
Re: Governor Uduaghan's Facade by otokx(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
what a pity?

(1) (Reply)

If A Nigeria Party Is Ready To Share The Bill . I Can Win The Presidency / Between Jonathan And Ibb Who Stands A Better Chance / In Usa Nija Men Kill Wives; In Nigeria Nija Women Kill Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.