Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Macron’s Visit To Lagos Mainland; The Good, The Bad And The Crippled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Macron’s Visit To Lagos Mainland; The Good, The Bad And The Crippled (347 Views)

Twitter User Describes Macron's Visit To Nigeria & Got People Talking / What President Macron’s Visit To Lagos Means – Ambode / Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Macron’s Visit To Lagos Mainland; The Good, The Bad And The Crippled by InsideMainland: 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
The Lagos Mainland once more gained global attention yesterday, Wednesday, July 3, 2018, as the Lagos State Government hosted the French President, Emmanuel Macron, to a night of spectacle at the New Afrikan Shrine, Ikeja, Lagos Mainland.
Not only did the visit treat the French President to good music, arts and multitude of talents that abound on the Mainland, he was also opportune to meet leading entertainment figures drawn from across the Nigerian entertainment industry.

The visit of the highly respected global leader to Lagos Mainland few weeks after supermodel, Naomi Campbell visited Ikorodu community and other past visits by world figures such as Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, John Boyega, Richard Quest and J.Cole among several others approves the notion that Lagos Mainland as the capacity and facilities to attract global leaders.

Not only did the visit interest popular figures across the country, quite a number of Nigerian celebrities, business owners and residents were ecstatic about the turnout of the historic event.

Meanwhile, Macron while speaking at the event recalled his days in Nigeria about 15 years ago, saying it was an emotional come-back, especially as he never imagined he would return to Abuja one day as President of France.

Describing the New African Shrine as an iconic place for African people and culture, he said; “First, because I wanted to find a good occasion to come back there. I know the place and I have some memories. I have to confess at a time that there was no president around. I hope I will not spoil the party.”

He added that: “I think that is such an iconic place for a lot of African people and African culture. And I think very often when you speak of the African culture in Europe, those who are successful in Europe and in France, which is different most of the times are not dramatically very famous in Nigeria or in Africa. And there is a bias because you know people are absolutely not the same.”

The Good

In preparation for the visit of Macron to the New Afrikan Shrine, not only did the government adorn the venue with visually appealing designs, residents of the area would also be thankful as roads leading to the event venue were ... read more here - https://insidemainland.com/2018/07/04/macrons-visit-to-lagos-mainland-the-good-the-bad-and-the-crippled/

cc @lalasticlala @seun @mynd44

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fayose 8 Questions To PMB's Anti Cortuption Campaign / Most Government Officials In Nigeria Are Looters – Prelate / AKWA IBOM STATE Governor Udom Emmanuel All The Way. Improving Education.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.