Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" (33074 Views)

Segun Ogungbe And His 2 Wives, Atinuke & Omowunmi Ajiboye 'Awoko Aliyah' / Eedris Abdulkareem: "I Took 2face To Kenny Ogungbe, He Is A Stupid Boy'' / Kenny Ogungbe Says P-square Fight Is Shameless Publicity Stunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by tzargeemedia: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Music mogul, Kenny Ogunbe has looked into some emerging trends in the global music industry, particularly the Nigerian music industry and gave some shocking revelation.

The founder of Kennis Music in an interview with Nigerian Celebrity Armed Wrestling revealed that unlike in the past where talents is the main demands to appeal to the world, hype is now more important to make an artiste successful with the revolution of social media and the internet

The Kennis boss stated that the most talented are no longer the most celebrated nowadays, but the most syndicated.

"When we started, there was no internet, we used to hawk our music at the back of our booth all around Lagos but the internet is a phenomenon that we are all excited about and keying in now. If you are caught sleeping in this internet age, you are gone...more stars are being made through the internet now...and hype is all an artistes actually need now. Infact, talent is just 10percent, while hype is 90 of what is important to make an artiste now".

Ogungbe also speak widely about the trend of every artistes wanting to start their own labels.

"People used to mock us when started. When artistes started leaving our label to start their own, they mocked us even more; they blamed us. Now, those people are setting up labels everywhere and signing artistes; those artistes too are leaving them to set up their own record labels. When these artistes too sign up other artistes, the artistes also leave to set up labels. So, you can see that Kennis Music has been justified. At the end of the day, there is nobody that will not want to start his or her own thing. Tubaba has Digital Hypertek, and he is still my brother. We see often, i go to his club. So it is relationships that matter."

Baba Keke, as he is fondly called also blamed Nigerian journalists for much of the controversies often sorrrounding artistes and record label relationships.

He said "There is no where in the world where artistes leave a record label and it becomes news. But Nigerian journalists, and i say this with a deep sense of respect, because as you know i am a journalist myself; Nigerian journalists are always on the side of the artiste even if the artiste is at fault. They will write rubbish about the label without bothering to contact them....In Nigeria, the banks will not even support an artiste, but one individual will see you, believe in your talent and invest millions on you, then after that you will say you are leaving when you both still have a contract; will you be happy if you were that investor? But journalists will ignore that to write rubbish about the label, simply because they like the artistes' music...Nigerians generally don't celebrate record labels".

Kenny Ogungbe however said he will never take an artiste to court for anything.

According to him; "Record label owners are taking legal actions against the artistes when they breach contracts, which is fine on a business concern. But i can't bother myself taking a Nigerian artiste to court because i am a leader in this industry. I am a pioneer, i started all this and i can't be part of the people that built an industry and also break it. If you are doing something wrong as my artiste, i will call you to order and advice you as an elder, father and a brother. But if you still insists on towing the part, i will just leave you".

Speaking about hierarchy in artiste management, he clarified some common notions such as, who the boss is between an artiste, the manager or financier;

"The artiste is the boss of his manager because the artiste employed him. That's the standard all over the world. If the artiste is no longer satisfied with the service of the manager, he can fire him. However, i must say that the position of an artiste manager is an exalted one, a very glorious one. The financier on the other hand is who he is; he is the executive producer, he is the boss. The person who pays you is your boss. He finances your talent because you can't; he is your boss. Many of this artistes don't even know this and they need to know."

He advised young artistes;

"To have Respect is the only advise i will give to young artistes. Majority of the successful artistes you see shining now, let me not mention names, had nothing before they started. The money came from financier,it could be family members or parents, but once they attain a little success they starts carrying their shoulders up. That's a very wrong way of life. That person who helped you when you had nothing, respect that person."

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4Ov2dhneU

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/07/why-i-will-never-take-artiste-to.html?m=1

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
KE KE......
One of the main pioneers of the Music Industry we have now.
Shout out to D1 also.
#RESPECT

199 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Anigreat: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
shocked

I missed those days of good music.

I mean when we had good lyrical content, not today that its all about money and girls.

94 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by oshe11: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Na Joel B suppose take you go court for KILLING HIS DEAD CAREER.......

HYPE IS 90% BUT YOU COULDN'T HYPE HIM AS THE NEXT 2BABA EVEN WITH 2BABA'S SUPPORT

13 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Hedonisst: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Baba Keke. #Legend.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by DIYhackers: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Keke Kenny, this man made serious money from 2face and 2face made money from him

Check my signature to learn digital marketing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
The game changed.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by akeentech(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I missed those days of good music.

I mean when we had good lyrical content, not today that its all about money and girls
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by DidierDrogba: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Baba i respect you

7 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by mjbaba: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Pioneer Baba. #respect

6 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Nedfed(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Are dis people still relevant in Nigeria music industry?

Only 2face & Joel still dey music alive among all dos people dey have ever produced.

Tony Teitula wey music career don die teytey
Eedris just dey force himself to be relevant
Eddie remedies
Olu maintain
EtC

6 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by PSVITA(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
All dis Na WASH, what you did to Marvelous Benji, come to mind, before he sang fire fire go burn them.., fire burn kenny and D1..

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Hyinkar97(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
post=69089282:
KE KE......
One of the main pioneers of the Music Industry we have now.
Shout out to D1 also.
#RESPECT
Bros, I dey greet o! I wan buy BBQ

7 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Hargbo(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is Nigeria bruh... Change everywhere. grin
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Alejoc(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Big boss!

4 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by EbukaHades10(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Words of an elder.

5 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
tzargeemedia:

That's a very wrong way of life. That person who helped you when you had nothing, respect that person."

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4Ov2dhneU

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/07/why-i-will-never-take-artiste-to.html?m=1
Nice advise if they will hear undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by layuns(m): 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
Days of good music

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by oshe11: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hyinkar97:

Bros, I dey greet o! I wan buy BBQ

2 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by oshe11: 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Nice advise if they will hear undecided
Dude when go pass back go Kill their career?
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Rekyz(m): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Never waste your effort and resources on those guys
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Germandude: 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Referring to Eric many,run town,kiss Daniel and g worldwide.dont despise d days of humble beginnings

4 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
oshe11:
Dude when go pass back go Kill their career?
So him just dey form Mr. Nice here bah

Why didn't he kill 2face own then

10 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
How are pple like azadus, eddy montana, rasqie, eedris faring sir U sucked dem dry

1 Like

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by mathew247: 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
I think this guy had issues with Kelly hansome
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by oshe11: 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

So him just dey form Mr. Nice here bah

Why didn't he kill 2face own then
Everyone was against him because 2face labored like madt.....

Jst see Jaywon and other artists after 2face.....

***2face was also talented

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by mytime24(f): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
I no go react cus i no b ........ lipsrsealed
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by Greizman: 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Respect to keke and D1

2 Likes

Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by anibi9674: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
ok.
Re: Kenny Ogungbe: "Why I Will Never Take An Artiste To Court" by nnol(m): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
This guy made lots of money from music.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Outfit To MTN Project Fame Academy / Israel DMW Afeare Apologizes To DJ Cuppy (Video) / Alexreports, Wife Step Out For Regina Daniels Birthday Party (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.