Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Derailed - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Derailed (3600 Views)

Commuter Train From Lagos To Kano Derailed At Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derailed by Dottore: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2018
dru23:

Now let me ask you an honest question.. Do you think that the Mobil made for the African market is the same in the USA ? Or better yet pizza Hut for naija ,is it the same taste as the one in the USA

See I'm a business man. The cost difference between the one made abroad most times has nothing to do with quality so long as it's the same company. The cost difference is mainly because of exchange rate, Freight and clearing charges.
It's a supplier's manipulative ploy to attribute the foreign made Mobil oil to be better than the Nigerian made. Mobil is a reputable company. They have a standard especially as they didn't give the franchise to a subsidiary or a partner company so it doesn't matter where it's made. Their standard remains the same once its Mobil 1 its Mobil 1.the formula remains the same.
Packaging could be different for export purposes or for tropical purposes just like we have car brands with right side steering wheel and left side steering wheel but the components are the same.

As for the pizza you'd be surprised if I tell you that I'd prefer the pizza I eat in Nigeria to the ones that has acidic taste that I have overseas. My taste bud and yours are not the same.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Derailed by Dupalmer: 10:52am On Jul 08, 2018
Dottore:

See I'm a business man. The cost difference between the one made abroad most times has nothing to do with quality so long as it's the same company. The cost difference is mainly because of exchange rate, Freight and clearing charges.
It's a supplier's manipulative ploy to attribute the foreign made Mobil oil to be better than the Nigerian made. Mobil is a reputable company. They have a standard especially as they didn't give the franchise to a subsidiary or a partner company so it doesn't matter where it's made. Their standard remains the same once its Mobil 1 its Mobil 1.the formula remains the same.
Packaging could be different for export purposes or for tropical purposes just like we have car brands with right side steering wheel and left side steering wheel but the components are the same.

As for the pizza you'd be surprised if I tell you that I'd prefer the pizza I eat in Nigeria to the ones that has acidic taste that I have overseas. My taste bud and yours are not the same.

1 Like

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 10:53am On Jul 08, 2018
Dottore:

My brother let us keep it 100% , most product that is made for the Nigerian market are not up to standard bro .. Even the multi national companies do their own cheat.. For me I will stick to my America products o , u on the other hand can continue using those products.. If you know u know
Re: Derailed by Dottore: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2018
dru23:

My brother let us keep it 100% , most product that is made for the Nigerian market are not up to standard bro .. Even the multi national companies do their own cheat.. For me I will stick to my America products o , u on the other hand can continue using those products.. If you know u know
I am talking about Mobil here. They have no reason to make substandard products in Nigeria.
Nigeria has abundant crude oil. They have cheap labour and transportation costs as well as low trade tarrifs.
Eterna Oil has a sole franchise to manufacture and market Castrol in Nigeria. Do you think the owners of Castrol would sacrifice their hard earned reputation for a junk production? It's funny how freelance marketers like you would just make every conceivable effort to run down competent and fully established companies just to make a sale.
You are not a licensed marketer of Mobil products or any lubricant brand but you are quick to compare what you have in Stock (probably what someone waybilled to you from wherever) with the ones that accredited manufacturers are offering.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2018
Dottore:

I am talking about Mobil here. They have no reason to make substandard products in Nigeria.
Nigeria has abundant crude oil. They have cheap labour and transportation costs as well as low trade tarrifs.
Eterna Oil has a sole franchise to manufacture and market Castrol in Nigeria. Do you think the owners of Castrol would sacrifice their hard earned reputation for a junk production? It's funny how freelance marketers like you would just make every conceivable effort to run down competent and fully established companies just to make a sale.
You are not a licensed marketer of Mobil products or any lubricant brand but you are quick to compare what you have in Stock ([b]probably what someone waybilled to you from wherever) with the ones that [/b]accredited manufacturers are offering.

I dey load am inside my small suitcase ...if you want more clarification between naija mobil and Yankee mobil, the peoples mechanic that fixes cars and also sell oil can help you out and explain better ..me as I dey ,I no dey do pass myself

1 Like

Re: Derailed by Dottore: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2018
dru23:

Those can be anything:
Empty gallons of Mobil 1
Or filled up gallons of Mobil 1
Or actual Mobil 1

Now those are what u want to compare with precious Mobil 1 made in Mobil refineries in Nigeria where they have quality control and working operational channels, bureaucracy and all that.

Honestly you lack respect

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Derailed by Dupalmer: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2018
Dottore:

Those can be anything:
Empty gallons of Mobil 1
Or actual Mobil 1

Now those are what u want to compare with precious Mobil 1 made in Mobil refineries in Nigeria where they have quality control and working operational channels, bureaucracy and all that.

Savage grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

every thing about engine oils was thrashed out in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3464011/total-forte-conoiloando-mobil1-mrs

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2018
[quote author=Dottore post=69186764]
Those can be anything:
Empty gallons of Mobil 1
Or actual Mobil 1

1 Like

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2018
Dupalmer:

Savage grin grin grin

Re: Derailed by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
Dottore:

Those can be anything:
Empty gallons of Mobil 1
Or actual Mobil 1

This brother dey vex. grin

I do get your point. Yes, Mobil 1 is Mobil 1. Franchise business is not a joke and accredited dealership isn't for small boy.

Depending on your car and what the manufacturer recommended as oil grade.

Yes most accredited dealer only supply what the market demands. Business is about making money.

If your car manufacturers recommend, 5W-20 for example, they also would state the API grade. All 5W-20 aren't made the same.

5w-20 API SD isn't the same with 5W-20 API SN.

Lot of people here (Nigeria) like 10w-30 or 20w-50 etc so supplier only sell frequently bought products.

New cars usually demands for either 5w-20, 5w-30 or 0w-20.

The oil grade needed to service your car is stated on the oil cover or your car manual. Pay close attention to the API grade and ensure its what is recommended for your car.

Find below a sample from my car manual

1 Like

Re: Derailed by blackfm: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
dru23:

So because of that you block me on whatsapp. To be frank with you, it was an honest mistake..if you notice I tend to post under peoples comments on uber thread. And I don't even known how to open up a new thread on the forum.. That is the honest truth.. Since am on the truth mode now, the truth is I have no reason to lie to you ,for the fact being that we have never done any business together, and also I have nothing to gain from you either.. I have never beg you for a dime of even brought any of my cars to your shop ...I have connected with few people on the thread and also I have offered my assistance to a few without asking for anything in return.. I am an open book ,what you see is what you get ..
And I will not get myself into a pig barn with anybody.. Meaning that I will now say am Yankee Base this and that.. I will not Lower myself to that level .. Most people that follow you on the thread, do it coz they need something from you .. I dont nothing from you vice versa.. There is right way to do things and wrong ways to do things .. I wish you the best in your present and future endeavours . So you blocking does nothing for me ,base on the fact that am not Base in Nigeria.. It only enables me to see the snake ,after the grass has been cut .

Oga you are without class. Honest mistake but you still didn't take the post down.
This isn't how business is done, compete if you must but be healthy about it.
Gazzuzz I need 5w20 plz, i'll take it from yours even if its 20k. Value goes beyond naira and kobo

2 Likes

Re: Derailed by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
blackfm:

Oga you are without class. Honest mistake but you still didn't take the post down.
Gazzuzz I need 5w20 plz, i'll take it from yours even if its 20k. Value goes beyond naira and kobo

available, 17500 per unit. Delivery within lagos available.

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
blackfm:

Truth be told, and this is the honest truth .. I don't care who you buy from, selling USA Mobil 1 will not make me rich at all and I don't depend on it as my main income ..I also have fleet of cars that will need it .. My first sale of oil from nairaland, was not even a Christian or youraba, or igbo.. He was a Muslim, he bought six from me and wanted to buy more .. I deliver to him ,I even got paid before shipping it to him.. So who are u bro ..am a diffrent breed bro ..with me what u see is what you get.. I don't sugar coat anything...

2 Likes

Re: Derailed by eherbal(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
dru23:

[/b]
Truth be told, and this is the honest truth .. I don't care who you buy from, selling USA Mobil 1 will not make me rich at all and I don't depend on it as my main income ..I also have fleet of cars that will need it .. My first sale of oil from nairaland, was not even a Christian or youraba, or igbo.. He was a Muslim, he bought six from me and wanted to buy more .. I deliver to him ,I even got paid before shipping it to him.. So who are u bro ..am a diffrent breed bro ..with me what u see is what you get.. I don't sugar coat anything...

your statement just gave you out as a career f00l,and a seasoned ediot.what has religion or tribe got to do with sales?how does it concern us? you lack class as someone rightly pointed out,and we may just have been dealing with a retard with access to a phone from a mental home.undecided
pride goes before a fall. you will get yours soon enough cool

4 Likes

Re: Derailed by evilspirit: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
I will choose gazzuzz mobil1 over dru22.
One has a name to protect the other has no pedigree.
For those arguing on Nigeria Mobil 1 and USA own.

Compare Nigerian Toyota with American Toyota . You will understand.

Some Kia Rio for Nigerian market has no airbag.

1 Like

Re: Derailed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
evilspirit:

Evilspirit have you left the darkside? grin
Re: Derailed by evilspirit: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I hate darkness
Re: Derailed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
evilspirit:

I hate darkness

Nah you still have a little of it in your system grin

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
eherbal:
your statement just gave you out as a career f00l,and a seasoned ediot what has religion or tribe got to do with sales?how does it concern us? you lack class as someone rightly pointed out,and [we may just have been dealing with a retard with access to a phone from ]a mental home.undecided
pride goes before a fall. you will get yours soon enough cool

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
evilspirit:

Re: Derailed by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
evilspirit:

Abeg, come and explain the highlighted.

Does Toyota now have a production plant in Nigeria that we don't know about abi which Nigeria Toyota are we comparing with America Toyota. grin grin grin

All of you should allow Gaz sell his market in peace instead of fighting each other oooo.
Re: Derailed by blackfm: 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

available, 17500 per unit. Delivery within lagos available.

Ok ill be in touch before the week runs out. Ill need 2 165 55r15 tyres too. Might as well get all in 1 delivery. Please quote price.
Re: Derailed by PearlStreet(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
dru23:

[/b]

Your lines of argument are worse than that of a toddler. What's our business with where you stay or the number of cars they gave you to manage on Uber? Now you're ranting that you sold oil to a northerner. How does that relate to the matter at hand? Is foolishness your only talent?

Gazzuzz should not only have banned you, he should have uploaded heavy curses on your brain box before kicking your dumb azz out of WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
PearlStreet:

Your lines of argument are worse than that of a toddler. What's our business with where you stay or the number of cars they gave you to manage on Uber? Now you're ranting that you sold oil to a northerner. How does that relate to the matter at hand? Is foolishness your only talent?

Gazzuzz should not only have banned you, he should have uploaded heavy curses on your brain box before kicking your dumb azz out of WhatsApp.

Re: Derailed by dru23(m): 11:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
PearlStreet:

Honestly, he is a mechanic and he is a good mechanic that is for sure ...a mechanic will always be a mechanic, wheather good or bad.. And for that I will not get into pig barn fight with a mechanic, I won't do it in Yankee and I won't do it in naija.. Either way I go stay in my Lane... for that matter we are of diffrent profession, you people on nairaland need him , I don't need for anything bro ... I stay thousands and thousands of miles, so does it make sense for me to be worrying about a mechanic that blocked me on nairaland? I felt that things could have been handled a lot better..

Does anybody else want smoke from me ? I am bored ..the gloves are off .....

3 Likes

Re: Derailed by evilspirit: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That screen grab tells me you are a spirit too. It was too fast. Amphibious spirit you are
Re: Derailed by evilspirit: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
Lots of Nigerians in US smoke blunt. Dru22 is a typical example. Smoke blunts and talks too much.
Re: Derailed by thebigkendo(m): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
TheCar:

Abeg, come and explain the highlighted.

Does Toyota now have a production plant in Nigeria that we don't know about abi which Nigeria Toyota are we comparing with America Toyota. grin grin grin

All of you should allow Gaz sell his market in peace instead of fighting each other oooo.

If you know you know grin.
American spec Toyota/Kia are not on the same level with Naija spec(Dana Motors, Elizade or Toyota Nigeria) because they don't have to conform to the same safety standards grin grin

As for which standard will be better..... fill in the gaps tongue tongue

NB Why do you think Toyota Hiace is not sold in the US?
Re: Derailed by Readonee35L(m): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

If you know you know grin.
American spec Toyota/Kia are not on the same level with Naija spec(Dana Motors, Elizade or Toyota Nigeria) because they don't have to conform to the same safety standards grin grin

As for which standard will be better..... fill in the gaps tongue tongue

NB Why do you think Toyota Hiace is not sold in the US?
Oga b4 you say wrong things go and educate yourself.

Hiace Is not a substandard Vehicle.
If you think American vehicles have tahe highest standard then you don't know about vehicles.
Have you seen Toyota from Japan and noticed how full they are with lots of options with top notch safety ratings ?
American cars might have a Standard but they are very stripped down compared to other countries .

Now the Hiace is not only produced in Dubai and middle east .

Have you Seen The Hiace from Japan ??
European Hiace ?
Those are the real deal. They are very full with quality.

But the ones from middle east The super Gl and Co aka dubai spec those ones are stripped down.
The hiace , prado , camry , land cruiser and camry from the middle east region are quite stripped down.

Moral of my lesson.

A car is not sold in the USA doesn't mean it is substandard.
Re: Derailed by evilspirit: 7:43pm On Jul 09, 2018
Readonee35L:

Oga b4 you say wrong things go and educate yourself.

Hiace Is not a substandard Vehicle.
If you think American vehicles have tahe highest standard then you don't know about vehicles.
Have you seen Toyota from Japan and noticed how full they are with lots of options with top notch safety ratings ?
American cars might have a Standard but they are very stripped down compared to other countries .

Now the Hiace is not only produced in Dubai and middle east .

Have you Seen The Hiace from Japan ??
European Hiace ?
Those are the real deal. They are very full with quality.

But the ones from middle east The super Gl and Co aka dubai spec those ones are stripped down.
The hiace , prado , camry , land cruiser and camry from the middle east region are quite stripped down.

Moral of my lesson.

A car is not sold in the USA doesn't mean it is substandard.

You have not said anything. You beat about the bush. We are talking about US vs Nigeria. You are mentioning dubai and Europe.

1 Like

Re: Derailed by Readonee35L(m): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
evilspirit:

You have not said anything. You beat about the bush. We are talking about US vs Nigeria. You are mentioning dubai and Europe.
B4 you start jumping in front of the gun. Know who is behind the gun and why the gun is being pointed.
My comment has nothing to do with cock and bull being discussed here..

I was talking to the man I quoted about a particular thing he said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fix Your Car Seat/ Dashboard & Roof @ Largelife / SOLD;2008 SUPER Clean Nigeria Toyota Corolla For N2.2m / PRICE REVIEW: 2004 Nissan Murano ( All Wheel Drive - Clean Title) .....3.5M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.