Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application (100450 Views)

2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom / APPLY TO 2019 NDDC MSC AND PHD SCHOLARSHIP / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Sheddy79(m): 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
Like serious?
jesmond3945:
I am telling you ithat is 4 years, 3 years on paper infact no supervisor will graduate you in 3 years. Even in America phd is 5 years.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Sozaboy: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
Saying no supervisor will graduate you in three years is not true. If you are fast and finish your dissertation and also satisfy the panel in three years, you will be graduated. In Germany and a lot of UK schools, it is expected that you finish within three years hence, funding is provided for just the three years.

In America, PhD is 4-5 years. Some people with exceptional research skills finish within 3 years while others are still on a PhD for close to 7 years.

Good thing about PhD is that it depends on how fast the student is with research.
jesmond3945:
I am telling you ithat is 4 years, 3 years on paper infact no supervisor will graduate you in 3 years. Even in America phd is 5 years.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Sozaboy: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yea. Quite Ambiguous. Well, everybody claims their source is the right one.

From the little I know, NDDC is not bothered about the scholarship. They are more concerned about the 2019 political scene as the MD might be running for political office.

I also know that exams and interviews are meant to have been held by now but as at last week, management had not even signed the time table education department sent to them.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed. If its exams and interview, fine. If its just exams, still fine. Most Important is that we go to school in Jan because right now, Sept feels unrealistic.

Sheddy79:
Your response seem ambigous! Selection for interview or out-right scholarship?
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by jesmond3945: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sozaboy:
Saying no supervisor will graduate you in three years is not true. If you are fast and finish your dissertation and also satisfy the panel in three years, you will be graduated. In Germany and a lot of UK schools, it is expected that you finish within three years hence, funding is provided for just the three years.

In America, PhD is 4-5 years. Some people with exceptional research skills finish within 3 years while others are still on a PhD for close to 7 years.

Good thing about PhD is that it depends on how fast the student is with research.
unless you are talking about the arts, if it is STEM who born you be to graduate in 3 years. Are you a PhD student or you just read this online? cos am on ground as far as this matter is concerned.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by jesmond3945: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sheddy79:
Like serious?
very serious they would tell you 3 years once you enter is only your supervisor that will determine when you will graduate unless you are doing art courses but if it is STEM just prepare for a long ride.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Sheddy79(m): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2018
I was going to ask if there is an upgrade in the award value? Because $30k seem unrealistic for an average program of MSc in the UK for instance! $30k is about +/- £24k, which is not even up to the tuition fee of some programs in certain universities, talk more of living expenses. NDDC should do well to step up their game to make this scheme a realistic one. This is one of the avenues that the Niger Deltan states could develop her human resources. However, the whole process is been politicised. It would have been worthwhile to even reduce the number of awardees, if that is what it will take to improve on the value of the award. Because I don't see how $30k can get you a master's degree from a University like leeds, Manchester, City UoL, UCL, Southampton, etc. So I just pray they increase the value this time.
A friend of mine told me that there is plan for the upgrade of the value this time, but don't know how true this information bears! Can anybody in the house confirm this?

jesmond3945:
very serious they would tell you 3 years once you enter is only your supervisor that will determine when you will graduate unless you are doing art courses but if it is STEM just prepare for a long ride.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by jesmond3945: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sheddy79:
I was going to ask if there is an upgrade in the award value? Because $30k seem unrealistic for an average program of MSc in the UK for instance! $30k is about +/- £24k, which is not even up to the tuition fee of some programs in certain universities, talk more of living expenses. NDDC should do well to step up their game to make this scheme a realistic one. This is one of the avenues that the Niger Deltan states could develop her human resources. However, the whole process is been politicised. It would have been worthwhile to even reduce the number of awardees, if that is what it will take to improve on the value of the award. Because I don't see how $30k can get you a master's degree from a University like leeds, Manchester, City UoL, UCL, Southampton, etc. So I just pray they increase the value this time.
A friend of mine told me that there is plan for the upgrade of the value this time, but don't know how true this information bears! Can anybody in the house confirm this?

that amount is relatively okay. If you are frugal enough you can able to manage but it will not fetch a degree from the top universities but atleast it would give you an opportunity to study abroad.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by aforosco(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Pls does NDDC sponsor Offer from Ghana or Contonue Universities?
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Sheddy79(m): 8:23am On Aug 23, 2018
Anything worth doing, should be done well! NDDC should step up their game, the scholarship scheme should not be an alternative to Niger Deltan applicants that were left out in the selection processes of the other sister parastatal like PTDF, LNG, Chevening, JJWBGSP and so on, they should be at pal! This is the only hope of the Niger Deltan states to develop her human resources! How do you compare $30k of NDDC to almost $60k given by LNG . So you can now see my concern. When you build a man, you build the nation.
Building our human resources with enormous financial resources can not be compared to some of the so called shabby infrastructural development by NDDC that are scattered all over the Niger Deltan states. If you follow some recent development in akwa ibom state, you will notice the clash b/w the ministry of work and NDDC in the construction of roads. Some political analyst were quick to politicise that fall out, but the truth remains that most of the projects, especially roads are substandards, some of the supervisors connive with the contractors to approve substandard projects, thereby undermining the good intentions of the commission.
My take is that the commission should step up its game on the scholarship scheme. Any scholarship scheme of the magnitude of NDDC that cannot afford you a study in institutions such as havard, Cambridge, Oxford, etc, should bury its face in shame. NDDC is of the presidency I suppose, so should live up to it. I rest my case for now!
jesmond3945:
that amount is relatively okay. If you are frugal enough you can able to manage but it will not fetch a degree from the top universities but atleast it would give you an opportunity to study abroad.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by jelmusboy(m): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2018
I was sponsored by NDDC for my MSc in the UK and I have also applied for the scholarship for PhD. If you are awarded the scholarship, you will be advised to choose from a list of school that are relatively cheap cos choosing Manchester, Leeds, UCL will be costly and as a matter of fact, the scholarship value cannot pay tuition for some universities not to talk of living expenses.

I chose a less costly university back then and still have £8,000 as stipend. So, choose university wisely. However, I'm not saying you should choose a low degree university, just consider many factors together before choosing a university.

Sheddy79:

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by toprealman: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2018
jelmusboy:
I was sponsored by NDDC for my MSc in the UK and I have also applied for the scholarship for PhD. If you are awarded the scholarship, you will be advised to choose from a list of school that are relatively cheap cos choosing Manchester, Leeds, UCL will be costly and as a matter of fact, the scholarship value cannot pay tuition for some universities not to talk of living expenses.

I chose a less costly university back then and still have £8,000 as stipend. So, choose university wisely. However, I'm not saying you should choose a low degree university, just consider many factors together before choosing a university.

Bro you don't sound like someone with an O'level certificate let alone MSc from the UK! You have been spewing shii these past few days. Is it just your " period" or something else we should also worry about?
The guy that said NDDC should up their game to be on the same page as other scholarship awarding bodies ain't no fool. FYI, NDDC can sponsor our best brains in IVY league Uni.....MIT, Yale, Havard, Imperial, Oxford.....name it. Telling people to apply to " cheap" schools makes no single sense.
The outcome is graduates like you that think medicrity is great. No be the certificate last last.....go to Ladipo, Alaba, Idumota, streetsmart graduates keep impressing.
Stop saying shii here abeg...
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Sozaboy: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2018
If there is a plan, it will be nice. NDDC gives everyone the same $30,000. So its up to you to choose the school you want to attend. I have a friend who went to Leeds. His fees was £26,000. He had to add money to pay his fees and also hustle for upkeep. Another person I know went to America. Her fees is the $30,000/year. Since NDDC scholarship is 1 year for Msc, she had to hustle to pay her second year school fees. So for NDDC, its up to you. If you want to attend a top 10 UK school, get ready to add money and pay your fees. If you dont have where to hustle money from, go to a school that the fees range between £11,000- £13,000 so you can have change for upkeep.

Sheddy79:

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by jelmusboy(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2018
Well, since you want to tow the line of insult for providing an info, I won't do that with you if you can't get the message am trying to pass across. If you like, choose Harvard and use your father's pension to cover the deficit, that's your cup of tea.

Thank God Nairaland is faceless, you don't know my academic history and credentials. So, no need to give you a clue of what I've achieved.

Best of luck with your Harvard pursuit
toprealman:
Bro you don't sound like someone with an O'level certificate let alone MSc from the UK! You have been spewing shii these past few days. Is it just your " period" or something else we should also worry about?
The guy that said NDDC should up their game to be on the same page as other scholarship awarding bodies ain't no fool. FYI, NDDC can sponsor our best brains in IVY league Uni.....MIT, Yale, Havard, Imperial, Oxford.....name it. Telling people to apply to " cheap" schools makes no single sense.
The outcome is graduates like you that think medicrity is great. No be the certificate last last.....go to Ladipo, Alaba, Idumota, streetsmart graduates keep impressing.

5 Likes

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by toprealman: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2018
jelmusboy:
Well, since you want to tow the line of insult for providing an info, I won't do that with you if you can't get the message am trying to pass across. If you like, choose Harvard and use your father's pension to cover the deficit, that's your cup of tea.

Thank God Nairaland is faceless, you don't know my academic history and credentials. So, no need to give you a clue of what I've achieved.

Academic history and credentials....lol. I love you bro!
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
jelmusboy:

Thanks for your sense of maturity.
For those of you that feel that NDDC cannot select from awardee from CBT only, hear me well. In 2016, nearly all applicants did very well in interview. And so NDDC has to fall back on the CBT to select awardee.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by idobassey: 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
jelmusboy:

hello jelmusboy. How do I get to chat with you privately pls?
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by mykeaji(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2018
A lot of folks here have spoken their mind. It's all due to frustration and I keep myself abreast with information here. I am frustrated. You are frustrated. It's ok to be frustrated. We need all need the scholarship. I need it. You need it. Whenever they start rolling mails for CBT exams, we will meet up. For those that applied in UK schools, try sending mails to them for "late orientation" notification. Let's hope it all works out well this month!!!
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by na2016: 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
efeturi3:
Thanks for your sense of maturity.
For those of you that feel that NDDC cannot select from awardee from CBT only, hear me well. In 2016, nearly all applicants did very well in interview. And so NDDC has to fall back on the CBT to select awardee.

Can you talk what you are very sure of only? If NDDC fell back to CBT to select awardee in 2016, how do u explain a situation in which the First, Second, Third and Fouth highest scorers in the CBT from a "particular state" in 2016 were not awarded the scholarship?
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Philipak: 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
na2016:

Can you talk what you are very sure of only? If NDDC fell back to CBT to select awardee in 2016, how do u explain a situation in which the First, Second, Third and Fouth highest scorers in the CBT from a "particular state" in 2016 were not awarded the scholarship?

Hahaha... Them get beef with the state then!
Funny though.
We'll get through this.
In 2016, I wrote too for chemical engineering, the questions flooded us were electrical engineering questions, as though, their target were electrical engineers.
I got 31 in the CBT. A friend that got 30, went on to Coventry.
I'm still here for return match.
It is well
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by na2016: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
you dey talk of 31. Listen, the guy that scroed 42 basically the highest from that state in 2016, was an EEE guy. Next was 39, 38 and 37. I can tell you that none of those guys were awarded the scholarship. Na dem know wetin dem use to award ooo.

Philipak:

Hahaha... Them get beef with the state then!
Funny though.
We'll get through this.
In 2016, I wrote too for chemical engineering, the questions flooded us were electrical engineering questions, as though, their target were electrical engineers.
I got 31 in the CBT. A friend that got 30, went on to Coventry.
I'm still here for return match.
It is well
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by kilogan: 8:13am On Aug 25, 2018
na2016:
you dey talk of 31. Listen, the guy that scroed 42 basically the highest from that state in 2016, was an EEE guy. Next was 39, 38 and 37. I can tell you that none of those guys were awarded the scholarship. Na dem know wetin dem use to award ooo.

The race is not for the swift, neither the battle for the strong but it's God that shows mercy....

4 Likes

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by na2016: 8:17am On Aug 25, 2018
kilogan:

The race is not for the swift, neither the battle for the strong but it's God that shows mercy....

This is where you guys misinterprete the Gospel.
My statement had nothing to do with where u r driving at please.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
toprealman:

Immaturity at its peak, what prompt this insult. He was only suggesting, can't Nigerians debate over a topic without insulting each other. Aren't your mate sponsoring themselves, you see who wan give you $30k & still running your mouth.

You wen be Mr Know-it-all how market? If you get better job you for non they here they find scholarship.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sozaboy:
If there is a plan, it will be nice. NDDC gives everyone the same $30,000. So its up to you to choose the school you want to attend. I have a friend who went to Leeds. His fees was £26,000. He had to add money to pay his fees and also hustle for upkeep. Another person I know went to America. Her fees is the $30,000/year. Since NDDC scholarship is 1 year for Msc, she had to hustle to pay her second year school fees. So for NDDC, its up to you. If you want to attend a top 10 UK school, get ready to add money and pay your fees. If you dont have where to hustle money from, go to a school that the fees range between £11,000- £13,000 so you can have change for upkeep.

Kpakam !!!

1 Like

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
kilogan:

For naija..... is for the connected
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
na2016:

For you be sure of getting the scholarship you have to get 45 n above.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by kilogan: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
BiggyB242:

For naija..... is for the connected
How can you even get the connections without God?... my brother I'm still standing on the God factor.

1 Like

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by sethmelia002: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
Can someone call Godson!!! This is going to the 4th week to shortlist for the CBT .....
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by na2016: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
BiggyB242:

For you be sure of getting the scholarship you have to get 45 n above.

Says who?
You guys should stop passing false information!
Did you read my previous comments?
One has to score 45 to be sure of the scholarship where the highest score in the entire state is 42? Does that really make any sense? How do you explain that?
The same scholarship that you will be made to understand that the interview is 60% while the CBT is 40% yet no one gets to see the interview scores?
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
na2016:

Says who?
You guys should stop passing false information!
Did you read my previous comments?
One has to score 45 to be sure of the scholarship where the highest score in the entire state is 42? Does that really make any sense? How do you explain that?
The same scholarship that you will be made to understand that the interview is 60% while the CBT is 40% yet no one gets to see the interview scores?

How do know you the highest score was 42? Friend, if you don't get as high as 45 forget it, the last time I had 4 friends who scored 42 and none were picked. Interview 60 ke, that's what they made you understand because that's where corrupt organizers can influence the score of their candidate. Those few 6 questions amount to 60 per cent which doesn't last 4 minutes, 2 out of which are current affairs question. Get your facts right.
Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by sethmelia002: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
Can you guys please stop all this bickering that wont help matters at all, Like seriously...HighScores and what not.

Someone please call Godson, let him give us the update on the shortlist, NDDC is also waiting for him, he is the one delaying !!!

2 Likes

Re: 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application by Ovywils: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
Someone?
You can call him
sethmelia002:
Can you guys please stop all this bickering that wont help matters at all, Like seriously...HighScores and what not.

Someone please call Godson, let him give us the update on the shortlist, NDDC is also waiting for him, he is the one delaying !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

UNN Post-UME Cut Off Mark / Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. / Unilorin Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.