Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 (95363 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mexico. International Friendly (0 - 4) On July 4th 2021 / Sweden Vs England: World Cup (0 - 2) On 7th July 2018 / Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by OgaTheTop2: 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
adamapple:
Thank God o. My heart for no fit withstand another penalty kick
I'm telling you. You spoke my mind cheesy

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Seun360(m): 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Babyforever:
Football is the worst thing that has happened to humanity sad

The dumbest comment in NL for the year 2018.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by franchasng: 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Andrez123:
Your anger and xenophobic mentality is one of the reasons why Nigeria will never move forward, what has the English national team or even the current English people has to do with Nigeria politics? England gave Nigeria independence on very stable grounds but our greed and corruption is what destroyed the country and not the British, the only mistake British made was giving us independence, I wish they were still ruling us, we would have been a much better and developed country by now, you mentioned that the British milked us, I don't see our politicians doing any better, our own brothers are milking us a 100 times more than the British since independence.

Each generation of politicians and military regime has been worse than the one which preceded it, they all milked us more than the British, Azikiwe, Awolowo and co all brainwashed nigerians that we are much better ruling ourselves which was a big lie, our history has now shown that.

Please stop blaming the British for our problems which is solely caused by our our greed, avarice and incompetence. We only have ourselves to blame. In Nigeria what politicians do is to always find someone or something to blame for their incompetence even though it's very obvious it's their fault.
Our leadership problem started from tribal and religious bigotry of the first leaders after 1960 which made the military guys then to start plotting the first coup....they accused the Tafawa Belewa led govt of being tribalistic and biased, so they wanted to topple him and install Awolowo whom they believed was decentralized enough to lead Nigeria but they failed in their execution and that mistake is what Nigeria is still suffering till date.

The foundation of Nigeria was totally messed from the onset by British colonial masters.

Why didn't they merge Mexico, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago as USA You think if they did, USA and Canada would have advanced they way they did today

Merging Northern Nigeria with Southern Nigeria was a big mistake that destroyed the future and present of Nigeria.

Imagine same British people merged Cameroon, some part of Benin Republic with Nigeria, and u think they aren't mad They are totally wicked and mad angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Ugosample(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
givan:

God of GEJ is paying them back in their own coin. See brexit, see small Croatia!

Well sha
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Bluezy13(m): 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lilisticlili:
I wish to give that croatian captain a head-job grin

If peson call you Olosho now, you go vex.

Even now wey I never call you Olosho, you go still vex
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Noblewhiz(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
I tip modric for ballond'or

5 Likes

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Ugosample(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
franchasng:
Our leadership problem started from tribal and religious bigotry of the first leaders after 1960 which made the military guys then to start plotting the first coup....they accused the Tafawa Belewa led govt of being tribalistic and biased, so they wanted to topple him and install Awolowo whom they believed was decentralized enough to lead Nigeria but they failed in their execution and that mistake is what Nigeria is still suffering till date.

The foundation of Nigeria was totally messed from the onset by British colonial masters.

Why didn't they merge Mexico, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago as USA You think if they did, USA and Canada would have advanced they way they did today

Merging Northern Nigeria with Southern Nigeria was a big mistake that destroyed the future and present of Nigeria.

Imagine same British people merged Cameroon, some part of Benin Republic with Nigeria, and u think they aren't mad They are totally wicked and mad angry angry

do you think America was made up of people of the same ethnic group,?

What of Canada?

They chose to melt into a pot, and create a new country

Nigeria on the other hand decided to be comolex and complicated

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Hargbo(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Are you not a Nigerian? cheesy

Dey deceive yourself. grin
so because am a Nigeria nau has qualified you to be a LOSER...only a loser like you can really say this and be happy about it grin #idiotseverywhere

2 Likes

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by lokojay1989(m): 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
adeneeyee:

Ayam nort understanding u bro
Croatia is not a first timer in the World cup tournament, they came to France 98 worldcup tournament. This is their second appearance in the World cup tournament
This is their Fifth appearance in the world cup tournament. First is France 98 where they ended in third position, second is Japan/Korea 2002, third is Germany 2006,fourth is Brazil 2014 and fifth is Russia 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
3 Nations cup trophies in less than 40 years. Has English Football team ever won European competition before? No. Even the world cup they won in 1966 caused a lot of controversies. If they think they are the best (since they believed Football started from England), why haven't they won at least 3 trophies like their rivals German and Italy. English team na yeye team.
MsGood:

SMH. So, what is you country better at?

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by PinkDick(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
I'm happy for the Croatians.

2 Likes

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by MsGood(f): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
3 Nations cup trophies in the less than 40 years. Has English Football team ever won European competition before? No. Even the world cup they won in 1966 caused a lot of controversies. If they think they are the best (since they believed Football started from England), why haven't they won at least 3 trophies like their rivals German and Italy. English team na yeye team.
Keep telling your self that.
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by BonkoINC: 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
Am not surprised England couldn't made it to finals.

If England win the World Cup we won't have a rest. Premier League commentary will be like:
"World Cup winner Jordan Henderson wins the tackle"

"Eric Dier who won the World Cup passes the ball forward"

"Young World cup winner Rashford makes a run behind the defense"

Ashley Young who helped England win the World Cup falls down under a challenge from Van Dijk, whose country didn't even make it to Russia....

Wisdom will kill me one day����������

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by PinkDick(m): 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lilisticlili:
I wish to give that croatian captain a head-job grin

Hmmmm, abi e ri nkan. Omo ale, ashewo!!!

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
I always knew Croatia would do me proud!
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Iamgrey5(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
BonkoINC:
Am not surprised England couldn't made it to finals.

If England win the World Cup we won't have a rest. Premier League commentary will be like:
"World Cup winner Jordan Henderson wins the tackle"

"Eric Dier who won the World Cup passes the ball forward"

"Young World cup winner Rashford makes a run behind the defense"

Ashley Young who helped England win the World Cup falls down under a challenge from Van Dijk, whose country didn't even make it to Russia....

Wisdom will kill me one day����������
This is exactly what we all feared grin

Plus sky sport news won't let us rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
Let me go and search Croatia in Travel section.

I am sure that country would be trending on Google search now.
Alongside Modric, Croatian President, Perisic, Mandzukic ...

Their coach is so calm and humble.
What a lovely country and people grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Midedaramola(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
Saff:
WE THANK GOD!!!!

ITS NOT EVERYDAY “ITS COMING HOME”

These oyinbo people sef, they’re so effing annoying. Mrcork, you and your people can finally shut up!
i 8 dat statement 'it coming home' home ko, away ni
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
MsGood:

Keep telling your self that.
It is the fact. England my yansh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
MrCork:

..u homebase people will lean one day...at least, our England will beat Nigeria any day!!..and our pekan definitely winning the world cup!! (Truss me)) angry
And my prediction came to pass. Up Croatia! Down England grin

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Youngzubi(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
angry grin grin grin grin

am for them

but i can't comment in literature. section since afternoon

even i couldn't post my update for today
please somebody with good info should help meee !!!
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Litmus: 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
joeace2020:
In all this no one noticed this is the second world cup in a row, a team from Nigeria's group has made the final. Let's console ourselves with that grin

We were in the toughest group as usual. When I declared the first sentence last time someone stated that I was making excuses for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by NnamdiEducamia(m): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
kingkakaone:
Southgate is a very funny coach.

Imagine removing Sterling and bringing in Rashford when Jamie Vardy is there.

Dells Alli is not in the match yet he left him and removed Henderson.

Lingard is just running up and down with no direction yet he's still in the match.

Southgate just showed his tactical weakness today. Changing players when the opponent is not pressing u.

Who does that?

English!

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
pocohantas:
Let me go and search Croatia in Travel section.

I am sure that country would be trending on Google search now.
Alongside Modric, Croatian President, Perisic, Mandzukic ...

Their coach is so calm and humble.
What a lovely country and people grin
Let's travel to Croatia together when you are ready
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by EmeraldKing7(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
What is all these hatred for the England team.....People keep telling me, we nor go hear 4 english commentators if England win WC;and yet they keep on watching EPL every week;is that not hypocrisy
Some people say "their players are overhyped"....And so what....Do u guys even leagues apart from EPL.. ..Watch bundesliga,seria A,ligue 1and even African leagues like South African,even Nigerian kwa; How is Sterling different from Gotze or Dele from El Sharawy or Vardy from Nolito or Henderson from Pogba(yes off course)...The fact is that EVERY country hype their players but we all castigate England but their league is the most watched
Stanley Okoro,Obasi,Oshimen etc were all believed or rather hyped to be the next big thing in Nigerian football,where are they now?
If you "wan hear word"then stop watching EPL.......PERIOD

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
smile4chris:
lol...of course they are indeed coming back home .... overhyped team

i mean the trophy...the brits slogan was:" its (the world cup) coming home!"

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Litmus: 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Although I dreaded England winning because of the noise they would have made, I must admit the support of thire fans and nation elivates the World Cup and it mightn't have been the worst thing if they had made it to the final.
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Pacesetter123(m): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
fabianiyobosa:
Lol... Playing those over rated Man U kids ahead of Vardy. Who does that? Southgate angry angry angry
I tell u bros.De thing pain me ehh,expecially dat Lilwane or weda nah Lingard im name be.Hin no get any reason to dey 4 dat field all.
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Hyinkar97(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
It’s not coming home grin

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by obynorecz: 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Over hyped team England never learn work finish
Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
Twoclans:
Yesssssssssss Croatiaaaaa in the finals .lefulefu give me amarula to drink kiss kiss kiss
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 by thatigboman: 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
franchasng:

match don end, u enter politics.
Most of your arguments dont hold water one bit. Some are sheer ignorance.
Britain couldnt have merged canada, US and Mexico, because they didnt even colonise mexico. And their history is different. It was irish guys that they england were colonising that ran to the new worlds -Australia and America. And when they came with the king's army, the americans revolted. 13 colonies. Came together and fought them and won their fight for independence. Then france was colonising another part, spain was colonising another part. And gradually the americans fought some from red indians, negotiated some, and forcefully took some like texas and new mexico from mexico. Bought alaska from russia.
U should have said that nigeria founding fathers should have learnt from greater india. Then one country, but at independence, the muslims demanded for their own country. Pakistan. Later bangladesh even broke out.
Britain wanted to rule the islands of lagos and hong kong for 100 years. That of hong kong worked out but that of lagos did not because of black man's mentalitity. Today, can u compare lagos with hong kong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy / FC Seoul Filled Empty Stadium Seats With "Sex Dolls", Apologizes / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.