Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy (95425 Views)

Meet Kanu Nwankwo's Son Who Plays For A Top Club In Europe / Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / The Hardley Apartments: Inside Kanu Nwankwo's Lagos Hotel & Cost Per Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by robosky02(m): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Sean Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy

The saying that the apple doesn’t fall from the tree comes to life in the case of Kanu Nwankwo and his 15-year-old son. Sean Nwankwo currently plays for the U16 Watford team and has already been likened to his father but with more pace and skills. His dad Kanu was a former Super Eagles captain winning just one silver at 2000 AFCON championship. Even though the legend Kanu Nwankwo retired from active football in 2012 and the 43-year-old left a legacy on the pitch to carry on with his good works.

The former Arsenal forward won everything a footballer could dream of with the exclusion of the FIFA World Cup and the Africa Cup of Nations’ titles. Apart from winning laurels, the two-time African Footballer of the Year (1996 and 1999) would be delighted to see his son Sean take over from him.

The youngster clocked 15 in February and he is already doing exploits for English U-16 club side Watford FC.

Reports claim the teenage sensation has been impressive for the hornets cadet team, although, yet to be invited to the club’s first team. The 15-year-old teenage sensation has been likened to his father but could rise to the level of Kylian Mbappe and Cristiano Ronaldo if he continues with his development. Though much of Sean Nwankwo has not been heard, he is expected to break into the limelight in the nearest future and could also play for the national team. The former attacker popularly referred to as ‘Papilo’ won a total of 13 major titles – including one Champions League

https://www.newswatch.ng/kanu-nwankwos-son-sean-living-up-to-his-fathers-football-legacy/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Totilopussylick(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
The Game runs in their blood

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by blackboy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
Let's see how far he goes in football. The kid might opt for engineering

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by robosky02(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Totilopussylick:
The Game runs in their blood

Somebody will soon contact his father

Super eagles things

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by majamajic(m): 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
With glasses ?

4 Likes

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Does/will he play for Nigeria?
Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by robosky02(m): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Odoskii:
Does/will he play for Nigeria?

Soon my man at NFF will contact him to play for naija

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Empressabbie(f): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good for him

Anyways, get six marketing materials for your business for just #3,000; Offer ends in two days. Check my signature for my contact.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by ursullalinda(f): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
cool I love that....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Raxxye(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by NigeriaBam: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
cool
Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Stallion93(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sensible father, Not engineering, not Doctor, not Lawyer, not Aviation but Football. I swear, parents determine the future of their children up to 80%

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Humphrizy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Like father like son...if the girl via that last picture is Papilo's daughter then I will not be mistaken to call Kanu Nwankwo my father-in-law grin

6 Likes

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by holicalpha(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
blackboy:

You have a Negative energy

No use am spoil the boy own

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Fragility6: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
'...but if he continues with his development, he can reach d level of Mbappe and Cristiano Ronaldo'.... Lwkmd. Bfor u attack me be realistic for once eh

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
robosky02:

Soon my man at NFF will contact him to play for naija
Nigeria youth team

2 Likes

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Knuckle down and work hard boy. That's the best way. In football or sports, your fathers name won't make way for you particularly overseas. Ask the Beckams, Maradonas and Peles of this world.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by SouthNigerian: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hmmm... most times I pity the almajiris, those children are victims of bad policies & rash leadership.

The dirtiest & ugliest almaijiri known to you might be the most sensational 15 year old footballer in world football provided he got priviledged and nurtured like Sean Nwankwo.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Godons1: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
smiley
Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by cRobo: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nice
Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by omoteacher(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
shocked

Papillo boy I know one day, you will make your parents proud. Peak it's in-born.

19 Likes

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by Franchise21(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by emoboy4u: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
make una allow am blow well first. rubbish bloggers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by incogni2o: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
blackboy:

What are you saying

1 Like

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by iCauseTrouble: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
sad
Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by aare07(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Tacha daughter will also go for BBN

26 Likes

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
That's how they promoted Amokachi twins...

Today they can't even get a club in Nigeria

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by fk002: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
A politician son becomes a politician

2 Likes

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by wilemer: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
robosky020:
Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Sean Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy

The saying that the apple doesn’t fall from the tree comes to life in the case of Kanu Nwankwo and his 15-year-old son. Sean Nwankwo currently plays for the U16 Watford team and has already been likened to his father but with more pace and skills. His dad Kanu was a former Super Eagles captain winning just one silver at 2000 AFCON championship. Even though the legend Kanu Nwankwo retired from active football in 2012 and the 43-year-old left a legacy on the pitch to carry on with his good works.

I hope he lives up to his father's name

1 Like

Re: Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy by deedeemob(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
Who is that babe, hey boy face front and play football.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FC Seoul Filled Empty Stadium Seats With "Sex Dolls", Apologizes / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.