Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free (28162 Views)

Tambuwal Takes Over From Fayemi As NGF Chairman / Ekiti Guber: PDP Candidate, Kolawole Congratulates Oyebanji / Fayemi To Get Certificate Of Return On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by 15Ebisco: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Monday provided free petrol to commercial motorcycle riders, better known as Okada riders, in Ado-Ekiti.

The supply of free fuel was launched at a petrol station along Ikere Road in Ajilosun with the riders forming long queues to benefit from the gesture.

Many of the beneficiaries decorated their bikes with the posters of Fayemi. They got five litres of fuel each in the scheme which continues on Tuesday.

The fuel station was besieged by the riders as soon as the news spread that free fuel was being supplied at the outlet.

The APC candidate urged the riders not to collect transport fare from the commuters they would be conveying.

Fayemi’s appearance at about 10:45am turned the filling station to a carnival as the riders hailed his gesture and recalled what he did for their unions during his first tenure.

The APC candidate urged the riders to ignore allegation from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) camp that he would ban commercial motorcycle operations if he wins the July 14 poll.

Fayemi said rather than banning Okada business, he would give the operators more incentives including soft loans, equipment and provide good roads to aid their operations.

Recalling some of the goodies enjoyed by the riders during his first term, Fayemi revealed that he procured 280 motorcycles, 500 tricycles for them and gave their union a brand new bus.

He added that his government, which was in office between 2010 and 2014, gave the riders’ union N150,000 monthly allowance for logistics and running of their office.

Fayemi also revealed that his first administration celebrated Okada Riders’ Day for the first time in the state’s history and also provided 3,000 free helmets for their use.

A beneficiary, Segun Fowobaje, hailed Fayemi for the free fuel supply which he said would add value to their business.

Another rider, Wale Esan, assured Fayemi of the votes of the riders describing him as the “true friend of the masses”, saying his government did the best for them in the history of the state.

A security aide to the APC candidate, Deji Adesokan, who coordinated the scheme said the gesture was to identify with the riders as important stakeholders in the state.

Adesokan said the free fuel given to the riders was also to the benefit of commuters who would be conveyed free of charge.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ekiti-guber-okada-riders-get-free-fuel.html

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Nbote(m): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2018
Every Ekiti indigene shld ensure dey collect as much fuel as dey can from him... After all d evil party hiked d price under d guise of removing subsidy only to b paying so-called under recovery which is d new baptismal name for subsidy

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by tunjijones(m): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
The pple shd come out in mass to collect the fuel.. As long as this man was together with buhari running this country, he is a failure.. Ekiti pple shdnt vote for failures..

I knw zombies wont like this my comment.

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by MadeInTokyo: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
I trust my Ektii people they will collect everything from the demonic APC party and go ahead and vote Eleka on Saturday, APC zombies can quote me-

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
And that is how they sold their destinies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by maklelemakukula(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
And then when he wins, his government will ban okada

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Sarkin: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
If this man should lose this election quote me and tell me that I'm mad.

I have seen the future and he's going to emerge the winner.

Ipob pigs and thugs will have headache in advance.

Ruthlessleader
Lzaa
Immhotep
Babyforever
Zombiepunisher/zombiehunter
Other miscreants...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by bid4rich(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
Federal money!! Chai!, these politicians are kind of heartless sha. Anyway, only the gullible in Ekiti state will dance to the tune. After all these crooked gesture, he will abandon them to be earning millions while the citizens will continue to suffer.

15 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by greatman247(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
This guy matches Fayose pounds for pounds this time. Fayose thinks he is the only one who knows how to deceive the people with stomach infrastructure, now he has a new man who has adopted same style. I'm laughing and watching to see how the election will go in the coming days. grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
Did I hear you say free?
For every N5 a politician spends for the masses, he knows he'll get it back in X1000 or more.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by DarkMagic(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2018
Just for the votes
This country sef undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Yeyeepeople that sell there birth right just for nothing

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by afbstrategies: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
shocked

That's like a hungry man feeding his opponent before a fight.
All the money in the world will not give APC victory in Ekiti State.
Good thing is that ordinary Nigerians are touching their looted money cheesy

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by BigSarah(f): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
grin
Okada infrastructure

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by laffwitmi: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
APC all d way....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by chrischukszy01(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
#200 fuel na e won take convince okada rider make dem vote am! Ur own na play.
Wetin PDP go do eeh na 16:0 x2!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by mikhe2(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Because of e dy find votes

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Queenserah26(f): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ekiti people...be wise o

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Squandering Abacha's recovered loot.
These are the benefiting poor masses .

Useless Government

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Holocene(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Same Fayemi who they said slept on a 110 million naira bed abi. Nigerians are so gullible grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by didfy: 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Too bad
Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Oloniyan(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
This mumu sha loves copying Fayose. SMH Ekiti tideyin Leyin re o ti jeihiho

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by kennosklint(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Uselessness,if it were to be me I would collect 50litres and still vote for any party of my choice.senseless politicians and senseless Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
This shows how gullible Nigerians could be. They would all pay for this fuel they'd collected when he becomes a Governor.

Folks campaigning for political offices in Nigeria don't bother about coming up with empty policies anymore. They just cook up a show

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by babadeee(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Collect fuel and Vote the idiot out cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Intelxiii: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Their Children destiny traded for 5 liters of fuel. Let the okada people know that, for the next 4 years the should not expect anything from him, he has paid them with 5 Liter's

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Praktikals(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Fayose is a goner

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by DIYhackers: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Fayemi the boss of them all grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by brixton: 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Lol this one wants to use Fayose style... Bros they will use your fuel to go n vote for PDP o

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by anibi9674: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2018
pk
Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by Newpride(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2018
Fayemi shares fuel while fayose shares beans and agege bread.

Ekiti may not get well soon with the crop of leaders pushing forward the progress of that state. Worst is they have no mineral resources useful to mankind except recycling bad leaders.

I’m ashamed ekiti has more educated heads but will end up this way...

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free by strangest(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2018
nonsense.. paying back what you stole from the people...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects 80% Completed Oja Oba Market, Ado Ekiti (photos + Video) / Toni Kan Declines Appointment As Sadiya Umar Farouq's Spokesman / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.