Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' (29485 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Iamgrey5(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hope this woman is still normal sha cheesy

Hope she is not on a codine diet like Lil Wayne or mama Tiwa Salvage cheesy
or those stress relief pills like those American celebrities. grin

Womanhood have existed before you were born Ma .......... cheesy

Men also have challenges they face in life that have significant impact on their outlook of life

So we don't need to experience Womanhood to improve our artistic side ma.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by JuanDeDios: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
PearlStreet:
There's a fine line between genius and stupidity, Chimamanda just crossed that line.

I don't blame her though, it's because her husband has failed to handle her engine like a proper man.
You actually read the article and she said anything foolish or you read the title and went straight to type a comment?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Throwback: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
This lady na nnkan be.

The husband certainly is the wife of his home.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by MrMystrO(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
pocohantas:
LOL. Seems this woman loves trending grin

I usually don't defend feminists but read the post and you'll see she's been taken out of context in this regard. That wasn't what she meant at all. Just Nairaland mods and their obsession of always trying to make a Dramatic Headline out of an ordinary story at work again, nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
What a maroon angry

Who wants to bleed out once every month and totally become a she devil for a total week.

We men have what women don’t have and vice versa. We complement each other and it’s not a competition.

I just feel sorry for her poor husband, if she has one.

Friends, this is what is known as the “Golden Uterus” syndrome.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Hardlife: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2018
chrisviral:
[s]

And what is wrong with addressing god as a woman?
Did god tell you he is a man?

Be sensible with your posts. [/s]
and you think you are sensible like this. . . right? Well I don't think you are really ignorant. You are just being plain foolish.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by chrisviral(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Equality feels like oppression when you’re so accustomed to privilege.

African men fret at the mentioned of Chimamanda grin grin As you should. She challenges our traditional sense of entitlement as men and it scares the baby Jesus out of us grin

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by AngelicBeing: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
CANDYDADDY:
shocked

This girl now will think she's a feminist, not knowing she is a total imbalance, insane, moody, attention seeker.

perhaps reason why kemi olunloyo is her role model

But wetin concern me na her issue

[img]https://media1./images/35391984469e19d37e3badf4d38a8728/tenor.gif?itemid=11227112[/img]
tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Tedassie(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
Sterope:
She likes attention
The 12 inch type

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by captianfreeman(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
Ah! I think say feminists people no dey yansh o grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Tedassie(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2018
MsFaith:
When will she show us her baby na.....shuuuu!
After you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by AngelicBeing: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
NwaJozi:
I bet she starts The Lord's prayer with " Our Mother who art in heaven"
shocked

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by chrisviral(m): 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hardlife:
and you think you are sensible like this. . . right? Well I don't think you are really ignorant. You are just being plain foolish.

I was expecting you to come back with a reasonable argument but instead you said nothing sensible.

You’re so deep rooted in your ignorance that you cannot even fathom the idea of a female god grin
Nigerians... we got a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by chrisviral(m): 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
GistLivePro:
God referred himself as 'I'm he'.

First and foremost, you realize the bible was translated.
Secondly, you realize that ‘he’ is a personal pronoun humans invented to categorize men from women.

So if your ‘god’ is non-human, why are you categorizing him with a human made adjective?

And lastly, the only time God ever answered a question about what he or she is- the answer was ‘I am who I am’
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
mtcheewww!.... this lady needs a REAL John Thomas to reset /reformat her medula!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Daeylar(f): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
Chimamanda likes shaking men's table sha grin grin

She is just saying she loves motherhood so much she would wish guys would experience it, grin that's all na grin why are some of you so triggered by anything she says grin lol grin

And all these men shouting feminism. cheesy please where did you guys see feminism in what she just said? grin

Seems Chimamanda has so dealt with you guys that any where you see her name, it immediately brings up feminism in your minds. grin

I'm sure she would like that, grin she has trained you all thoroughly loool grin

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Hardlife: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2018
chrisviral:

I was expecting you to come back with a reasonable argument but instead you said nothing sensible.

You’re so deep rooted in your ignorance that you cannot even fathom the idea of a female god grin
Nigerians... we got a long way to go.
Reasonable arguement? Lol so you mean i should start debating with you on the sex of God? If you are a true christian, read your bible always and pray for understanding. Only then will you know that there are some certain things that are not to be discussed with God as the subject- just like what you intend doing. The being of God is way beyond any human logic or reasoning you think you have.

I rest my case here. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by AreaFada2: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
SoNature:
How does this woman's husband cope with her excesses? cry

Na this kain woman dey very obedient inside house pass.

I just pity women without her money, fame or connections who will misunderstand her point.

To sell in the West (where her market mostly is), you need to toe certain oyinbo ideological lines. It is awards and recognition from the West that gives popularity and sell you to the Western public.

Right now gay right & feminism sell. Common sense.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by GistLivePro: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2018
chrisviral:

First and foremost, you realize the bible was translated.
Secondly, you realize that ‘he’ is a personal pronoun humans invented to categorize men from women.

So if your ‘god’ is non-human, why are you categorizing him with a human made adjective?

And lastly, the only time God ever answered a question about what he or she is- the answer was ‘I am who I am’
Are you also aware that God said let us create man in our image. If he was a she, a woman would have been created first. I see you don't believe in God, so no need for this conversation.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by pocohantas(f): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
MrMystrO:

I usually don't defend feminists but read the post and you'll see she's been taken out of context in this regard. That wasn't what she meant at all. Just Nairaland mods and their obsession of always trying to make a Dramatic Headline out of an ordinary story at work again, nothing more.

I know right, but she should just leave men out of her talks for. People are very defensive and sensitive when it comes to the cause she is championing. So, once it is Chimamanda... no matter how pure her intentions are,she must and will be misconstrued.

She is not the first I have read this from though.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by cococandy(f): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
NwaJozi:
I bet she starts The Lord's prayer with " Our Mother who art in heaven"

What if she does?

God is not a man nor a woman.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by brodalokie: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
All malam with his own kettle. Stay put where you are, we are enjoying our Man status.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by cococandy(f): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
I knew before I even read it.

I get deliberately misunderstood and misinterpreted all the time and I’m not even anything close to Chimamanda in popularity.

They are always looking for feminists to crucify

MrMystrO:

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by GistLivePro: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
cococandy:

What if she does?

God is not a man nor a woman.
Do you say yours with the word 'our mother' assuming you're Christian?

In genesis, we were told that God created man in his own image before seeking for a helper in place of a woman.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by omoiyalayi(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Can she experience fatherhood?

Madam femi

Over sabi no go kill u
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by cococandy(f): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
GistLivePro:
God referred himself as 'I'm he'.

God actually said “I am that I am”

Gender was given to him by men who wrote the Bible

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Spanner4(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
Amarabae:
Without men, we can't be mothers!
And without us, men can't be fathers.
We need each other.

We need each other my sister.... a man can't procreate. ..he needs a woman....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by chrisviral(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hardlife:
Reasonable arguement? Lol so you mean i should start debating with you on the sex of God? If you are a true christian, read your bible always and pray for understanding. Only then will you know that there are some certain things that are not to be discussed with God as the subject- just like what you intend doing. The being of God is way beyond any human logic or reasoning you think you have.

I rest my case here. Peace.

The being of god is way beyond any human logic or reasoning and yet you make fun of another person for saying our mother in heaven.
Isn’t that hypocritical?

I am yet to make any comment as to the gender of God.
I am just refuting you for making fun of the idea that someone refers to God as mother.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by cococandy(f): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2018
GistLivePro:
Do you say yours with the word 'our mother' assuming you're Christian?

In genesis, we were told that God created man in his own image before seeking for a helper in place of a woman.

Exactly

You only know what you’re told. You don’t have factual proof. God can be anything to anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by GistLivePro: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2018
cococandy:

Exactly

You only know what you’re told. You don’t have factual proof. God can be anything to anyone
You've proof that God is a spirit being like an amoeba, no shape at all?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' by Simplybami(f): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
MrMystrO:

This is someone sensible. Most people commenting didn't even read the full interview. The way people jump into conclusion these days is really alarming. What exactly is so difficult to decipher from that post up there? SMH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) / The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.