Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die (28723 Views)

With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? / "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by Gizmomachine: 2:52am On Jul 13, 2018
Ever wonder What Happen To Your Facebook Account After You Die? This is a question that has been trending in Germany after a court ruling. While Facebook, a popular social media platform has millions of users over the world, many do not know what happen to an account after the user dies.

Under Facebook terms of service, it isĀ illegal for a user to give someone else his login details to access his or her account. Since sharing your password and login details is against the platform rules, when a user dies, Facebook automatically has total control over the user's digital content. What Facebook those, is that it will convert your account to a memorial page after ones die on the request of a family member. To change all that, a German court has delivered a ground breaking ruling that awards the content rights to a family member.

The new law came after a German family sued Facebook over ownership of their daughters Facebook account. The court ruled in favor of a young girl's family saying the parent has the right to the content and also has the right to do whatever they wish with the account. The ruling not only granted the family access to the account, but also inherit to the little girl's digital data. While we wait to see how this works in Nigeria, the new rule is currently applicable to only Facebook users in Germany.

So what do you think should happen to a user Facebook account after they die, should the family be granted access to the account or should Facebook just deleted the page. Please share your thoughts

Source: https://www.gizmolad.com/2018/07/what-happen-to-your-facebook-account-after-you-die/

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:53am On Jul 13, 2018
It dies and follow you....but still lives on technically.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by dimexy247(m): 3:12am On Jul 13, 2018
You death post would be liked grin and haters would definitely click on the happy emoji embarassed.

On a serious note, it would be deactivated on request by Facebook.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by KingLennon(m): 4:13am On Jul 13, 2018
This question have been bothering me too. Here in Nigeria, if you die scammers use ur account to scam people grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by HonAdeli(m): 4:57am On Jul 13, 2018
Boys convert and turn it to working account.

23 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2018
HonAdeli:
Boys convert and turn it to working account.

lool

11 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by 9japrof(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2018
Bros are you already planning on life after death?

Worry not of Facebook, worry for your emails, if you are into cryptocurrency, worry for your hundreds or even millions of naira that would be trapped and never can be accessed again.

As the first son of my parents, I should worry after death, how my parents would cope, how my siblings would fare, if I am married by then, if another chairman would port and continue drilling on my oil well grin and not some Facebook stupid sheet

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by Primusinterpares(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2018
dormancy sets in
Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by Shortyy(f): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2018
Silly question. What happens to your phone when you die

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by lastempero: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2018
Are u about to die op embarassed

6 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by allanphash7(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2018
Mark zukerberg is in the best position to answer the question

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by ciopnigeria: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2018
What happens to your bank account and secret savings when you die?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by Samusu(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2018
Actually, yhur account is still very much active. In fact, delete yhur account now, Facebook will keep it for yhu till after 100yrs before it will be permanently deleted from Facebook server.
Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by joenor(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2018
What do I need it for? it should follow the dead o jare!

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by cardoso514: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2018
Much more active than when you were alive!

1 Like

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by cady301: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2018
question for zucherberg
Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by Lanretoye(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2018
People will be posting RIP in the timeline every year until them self die.
Small time now,Facebook will be blocking dormant accounts if the user does not post for a period of time.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by pekeyim: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2018
I think they should just shut it down completely
Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by EbiKeys(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2018
Crawlers will discover inactivity and subsequently Close the account over time. shocked shocked
Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by 02Kebreal(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2018
THAT IS WHY WE MUST BECAREFUL WHAT WE POST ON FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK ACCOUNT COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ADMISSION TO PARADISE OR HELL.

8 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by alpha2zulu: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2018
post=69327497:
It dies and follow you....but still lives on technically.

What's this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2018
cool
Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by cana882(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2018
My major problem is with the slay queens..
If their family should get access to their account and discover the nudes they've been posting, they might decide to forfeit the burial and just recite the Lord's prayer for them. cry

16 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by modaink333: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2018
will it guarantee the deceased heaven?... vanity upon vanity, all is vanity

2 Likes

Re: What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die by oshe11: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2018
Yahoo Biys will Hack it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oppo Reno3 Pro Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / Pimping The Swagger ****s60v5 / 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.