Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 (17069 Views)

May Day: Electricity Worker Falls Down Ladder During March-past In Ibadan (Pic) / Olugbenga Olaoye: We Cannot Afford Another Sick President / Abia Pensioners Disrupt May Day March Past In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Banmeallday: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
Same old same old, because frankly, people in the Nigger Area are afraid to do the right thing and create 3 separate and great AFRICAN NATIONS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by joeace2020(m): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
Stories.

Meanwhile come to thread to learn how to make 2d explainer videos today and sell on fiverr. Use my signature link.

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by LZAA: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonyebarcanista

CAVEAT: This is my humble opinion after appraisal of the level of preparedness of all aspirants for the Presidency. It is without prejudice to the arrangement of Peoples Democratic Party and the 39 Coalition parties

In the build up of the election of 1979 preparatory to the commencement of the second republic, Chief Obafemi Awolowo of Unity Party of Nigeria was clearly seen as the most prepared among other aspirants for the Presidency, his campaign was ideological based, his policies were clearly spelt out and he was banking strictly on popular votes of the masses instead of military establishment as at then. However, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a retired school teacher and former minister was returned elected instead. Till date, Chief Awolowo is referred to the best President Nigeria never had.

In 1993, famous philanthropist, Chief MKO Abiola, the Presidential candidate of Social Democratic Party had a clearly defined manifesto, his proposed policies were topnotch and in him Nigerians saw hope for better future. He was eventually elected via popular vote in the presidential election but the military establishment thwarted the project. Nigerians were once again denied the chance of enjoying the prospects of the MKO's Presidency.

In 1999, Dr. Alex Ekweme was clearly the most prepared presidential aspirant in the Peoples Democratic Party, a political association that came into being with sole ideology of building bridges among citizens, forcing the military junta to the barracks and returning power to the people. However, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, upon his release from prison, was "gifted" the Presidential ticket to "appease" the southwest over the 1993 disappointment and travails of Chief MKO Abiola. Nigerians were again shortchanged optimal democratic dividends that would have been under Alex Ekweme.

In 2007, Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua (of blessed memory) was remotely uninterested in the Presidency but he was virtually dragged in by the powers that be as at then ahead of then Vice President Atiku Abubakar who happened to be the most prepared with clear manifesto, programs and vision.
Yaradua was christened "baba go slow" simply because he had to do his apprenticeship while staying on the job.

In 2010, Goodluck Jonathan was catapulted into power by providence after the death of Umaru Yar'adua. He was least prepared to be Vice President in 2007 and President as at then. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was clearly the most prepared for the office aheaf of 2011 Presidential election judging by his manifesto and proposed programs but due to some ethnical consideration (appeasement of SouthSouth/minorities) and some other political factors, Jonathan got the nod. He developed his key program while on the job without luxury of time.

In 2014, then opposition APC delegates elected Muhammadu Buhari as flagbearer, a man whose age-long campaign has always been instituting Shari'a system across the country and fighting corruption BUT without any blueprint on economy, unity among citizens irrespective of tribe and political consideration, restructuring of the system etc even though his party captured some. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar then of APC had these clearly spelt out but Buhari was elected simply because he commanded some cult followership in the northern part of Nigeria. Buhari eventually won the 2015 presidential election but he came along with ethno-religious unrest, economy meltdown, herdsmen-farmers clashes, breakdown in nationhood etc. In fact, the man had to distance himself from some promises made by his own party, including restructuring.

Of the legion of credible leaders running for the Presidency in 2019 in the opposition, I am of the opinion that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is the only aspirant that has displayed the highest commitment and serious preparedness for the job. He can be identified with blueprint/ideology to work with (with due respect to others). For instance, he's known as chief promoter of restructuring and has a very wide public acceptance in contrast of what he had in 2007 and 2011.

He's the aspirant that has gone beyond issuing tweets on social media and has been outlining his programs to the understanding of the public.

Less than seven (7) months to the presidential election and two (2) months to the presidential primary, Atiku appears to be the only aspirant with known campaign team and presidential campaign office and has been working in alliance with interest groups across the 36 states and diaspora.

Considering that there is no luxury of time to gamble, I am of the my opinion that being the most prepared presidential aspirant, Atiku should be given the nod by the Peoples Democratic Party, the 39 Coalition parties and Nigerians so that we can have for the first time a president that is well preparing to lead instead of using the traditional religious, ethnic or political bias.

Furthermore, with Seven (7) months to general election, it is needless to promote an aspirant that is yet to display this level of preparedness irrespective of our relationship with such aspirant. I believe everyone can play their part in the new government to further the aspirations of Nigeria citizens.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Atiku kwa??
Bia tonye...anyway na ur opinion
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 onyeoga
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Newpride(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
All the pictures above are all mistakes in the past and will continue to be in future if any of them is voted into power
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Flash money and bag of rice and they forget all the sufferings.

I was surprised to see buhari's campaign billboard, thought it was even a joke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Paperwhite(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abeg the Gombe governor seems to be the only acceptable candidate to me @ present.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by ruggedboy01: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Why do you guys always think it's about money? I laughed when some people were saying I was supporting Makarfi for money. NO DUDE, I supported Makarfi because I love what he did for PDP and Kaduna state as well as his untainted track- record.

I have used to be a critic of Atiku due to certain reasons and never hide it. But na who holy pass? I'm not pious and I love to be treated with merit not sentiment, so why can't I so same to my party leader?

Atiku is the MOST prepared, he's the only one with campaign structure and office aside President Buhari of APC. What are the others waiting for?

He's a chief promoter of restructuring and has acceptability across the Niger, though Makarfi is known for his unifying trait and credible antecedent, but without coming public with his plans and creating avenue for Nigerians to know and meet with him beyond party leaders and delegates, wouldn't it be a tough call? Be honest pls

Beside, I'm a PDP/opposition member and whoever emerge after primary will definitely get the nod

is Makarfi now better than your ijaw brother your were against 2014 we all know you're a political prostitute who's just after the little money you collect from politicians while you lick their hairy ass clean. keep it up old man angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Betakeshi: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
cool
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Bro u have said it.
2015, I was against u but this time around we must join hands to kick apc out
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by cytell56: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonyebarcanista

CAVEAT: This is my humble opinion after appraisal of the level of preparedness of all aspirants for the Presidency. It is without prejudice to the arrangement of Peoples Democratic Party and the 39 Coalition parties

In the build up of the election of 1979 preparatory to the commencement of the second republic, Chief Obafemi Awolowo of Unity Party of Nigeria was clearly seen as the most prepared among other aspirants for the Presidency, his campaign was ideological based, his policies were clearly spelt out and he was banking strictly on popular votes of the masses instead of military establishment as at then. However, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a retired school teacher and former minister was returned elected instead. Till date, Chief Awolowo is referred to the best President Nigeria never had.

In 1993, famous philanthropist, Chief MKO Abiola, the Presidential candidate of Social Democratic Party had a clearly defined manifesto, his proposed policies were topnotch and in him Nigerians saw hope for better future. He was eventually elected via popular vote in the presidential election but the military establishment thwarted the project. Nigerians were once again denied the chance of enjoying the prospects of the MKO's Presidency.

In 1999, Dr. Alex Ekweme was clearly the most prepared presidential aspirant in the Peoples Democratic Party, a political association that came into being with sole ideology of building bridges among citizens, forcing the military junta to the barracks and returning power to the people. However, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, upon his release from prison, was "gifted" the Presidential ticket to "appease" the southwest over the 1993 disappointment and travails of Chief MKO Abiola. Nigerians were again shortchanged optimal democratic dividends that would have been under Alex Ekweme.

In 2007, Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua (of blessed memory) was remotely uninterested in the Presidency but he was virtually dragged in by the powers that be as at then ahead of then Vice President Atiku Abubakar who happened to be the most prepared with clear manifesto, programs and vision.
Yaradua was christened "baba go slow" simply because he had to do his apprenticeship while staying on the job.

In 2010, Goodluck Jonathan was catapulted into power by providence after the death of Umaru Yar'adua. He was least prepared to be Vice President in 2007 and President as at then. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was clearly the most prepared for the office aheaf of 2011 Presidential election judging by his manifesto and proposed programs but due to some ethnical consideration (appeasement of SouthSouth/minorities) and some other political factors, Jonathan got the nod. He developed his key program while on the job without luxury of time.

In 2014, then opposition APC delegates elected Muhammadu Buhari as flagbearer, a man whose age-long campaign has always been instituting Shari'a system across the country and fighting corruption BUT without any blueprint on economy, unity among citizens irrespective of tribe and political consideration, restructuring of the system etc even though his party captured some. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar then of APC had these clearly spelt out but Buhari was elected simply because he commanded some cult followership in the northern part of Nigeria. Buhari eventually won the 2015 presidential election but he came along with ethno-religious unrest, economy meltdown, herdsmen-farmers clashes, breakdown in nationhood etc. In fact, the man had to distance himself from some promises made by his own party, including restructuring.

Of the legion of credible leaders running for the Presidency in 2019 in the opposition, I am of the opinion that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is the only aspirant that has displayed the highest commitment and serious preparedness for the job. He can be identified with blueprint/ideology to work with (with due respect to others). For instance, he's known as chief promoter of restructuring and has a very wide public acceptance in contrast of what he had in 2007 and 2011.

He's the aspirant that has gone beyond issuing tweets on social media and has been outlining his programs to the understanding of the public.

Less than seven (7) months to the presidential election and two (2) months to the presidential primary, Atiku appears to be the only aspirant with known campaign team and presidential campaign office and has been working in alliance with interest groups across the 36 states and diaspora.

Considering that there is no luxury of time to gamble, I am of the my opinion that being the most prepared presidential aspirant, Atiku should be given the nod by the Peoples Democratic Party, the 39 Coalition parties and Nigerians so that we can have for the first time a president that is well preparing to lead instead of using the traditional religious, ethnic or political bias.

Furthermore, with Seven (7) months to general election, it is needless to promote an aspirant that is yet to display this level of preparedness irrespective of our relationship with such aspirant. I believe everyone can play their part in the new government to further the aspirations of Nigeria citizens.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Yes o, it will be suicidal voting in APC come 2019!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
Though that Makarfi guy doesn't look anything better than Buhari.

I'd love Sowore to win

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by NWgraphics(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
all ipob nyamuris are fools "sai baba buhari"
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Onlyonebuhari: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abuja light rail
Enugu/port Harcourt road
2nd Niger bridge
Agriculture
Fighting corruption
All hail Buhari
You corrupt looters are going nowhere except prison
SAI BABA

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by els0nm0rali(m): 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
Atiku ko, Atike ni. Iranu

I thought by now you'd have followed Maradona back to Argentina.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Doerstech(m): 3:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
I concur....ATIKU is better prepared and READY than the rest...i will vote for HIM

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Saao(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
buhariguy:
hahahahahahahaha,

What is atiku bringing on board? Restructuring?
Running a successful personal business with tax free laden with corruption.
Is that what he is bringing on board.
Comparing a personal business achieved through corruption and national business that involved more than 200m people with diverse ethnic group.

If atiku decide to please the Igbo's, how will he please the north and south west.

Did you think is easy to govern this country? Or to please everybody?

Buhari is doing the best, which no one can do.

Buhari is a nationalist, he prefer to preserved the job of Nigerians than importation to kill our economy.

People without the knowledge of how to govern an economy will be here making mouth.

With little fund, buhari has done more than the past 16yrs.

what's corruption?
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by madridguy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2018
Good write up.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by ollah2: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
Atiku though a smart politician isn't very smart to reach that highest level. The biggest problem for him right now is decamping to PDP. He should have waited at APC and contest in 2019 under the platform.

He may never be the president of Nigeria which he so much craves to cement his political career.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by ipobarethieves: 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
undecided undecided Tonyebarcanista. ,stop subtle campaign for Atiku.Nigeran are not Dumb, deaf/F00ls..Atiku is a THIEF.Tell him to travel go US

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by talk2riel: 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
SalamRushdie:
. Makarfi has had 8 years to prove himself in Kaduna star as governor and I can't see any spectacular thing he has done there because till date Kaduna is just as mediocre and unispiriing as 90 percent of Nigerian states
I beg to defer on this
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Ppresh2017(f): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2018
My advice to Atiku is this:- Ignore OBJ at your own peril.-GEJ
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by femo122: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
undecided
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by aribisala0(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Tonye Barcanista on Front page within minutes/

Seun why not just declare him as your political editor or customer and stop tthe pretense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Reference(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
pauljumbo:
Give Nigerian kids pennies they will praise and write anything for you online

I absolutely agree with him. That is the sad history of Nigeria. At all levels and at all times the country has never put its best leg forward and never had a proper contest for elected office based on merit.

I think Atiku is the most prepared in mainstream opposition and I hope he will be given the chance to contest against Buhari which should produce the best set of debates.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
buhariguy:
Yes you are right, but is not easy to right the wrong of the past within 3yrs.
Buhari need extra 3 yrs to complete those project he had already started.

Buhari till 2023.

abeg which project did he start you mean establishing cattle colonies around Yoruba land or reassembling of cabinets with oluwale certificate I think buhari and liar Mohammed have infected you with confusion syndrome
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Why do you guys always think it's about money? I laughed when some people were saying I was supporting Makarfi for money. NO DUDE, I supported Makarfi because I love what he did for PDP and Kaduna state as well as his untainted track- record.

I have used to be a critic of Atiku due to certain reasons and never hide it. But na who holy pass? I'm not pious and I love to be treated with merit not sentiment, so why can't I so same to my party leader?

Atiku is the MOST prepared, he's the only one with campaign structure and office aside President Buhari of APC. What are the others waiting for?

He's a chief promoter of restructuring and has acceptability across the Niger, though Makarfi is known for his unifying trait and credible antecedent, but without coming public with his plans and creating avenue for Nigerians to know and meet with him beyond party leaders and delegates, wouldn't it be a tough call? Be honest pls

Beside, I'm a PDP/opposition member and whoever emerge after primary will definitely get the nod
pdp is a party full of thieves that jump carpet depending on whether their selfish benefits will be met. that a youth still believes in all these re-cycled old men still baffles me. if you are not making money from all these rubbish you are posting then you are worse than I thought. all politicians are thieves fighting for their own selfish ends. after 16 years what did pdp do for us? apc came and where equally if not more terrible. atiku o, Buhari, fayemi, fayose, amaechi etc...all are thieves...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Centurion04: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
pauljumbo:
. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by rottennaija(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
pauljumbo:

He has written something. His opinion, let's hear your own
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by toxblue2411: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
I am from ekiti state Pdp is winning in all the 16 local government
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
What are we going to do with Tonyebarcanista bikonu? Is this not the same guy thatvhas been deriding Atiku in favour of Markafi?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
This one is just campaigning for PDP as usual. Oga make we hear word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Declines Assent To Corporate Manslaughter Bill, 3 Others / You Must Reconvene National Assembly Now – APC Tells PDP, Saraki / Jangebe Schoolgirls Held In Dangulbi Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.