Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 (17061 Views)

May Day: Electricity Worker Falls Down Ladder During March-past In Ibadan (Pic) / Olugbenga Olaoye: We Cannot Afford Another Sick President / Abia Pensioners Disrupt May Day March Past In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by rottennaija(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Why do you guys always think it's about money? I laughed when some people were saying I was supporting Makarfi for money. NO DUDE, I supported Makarfi because I love what he did for PDP and Kaduna state as well as his untainted track- record.

I have used to be a critic of Atiku due to certain reasons and never hide it. But na who holy pass? I'm not pious and I love to be treated with merit not sentiment, so why can't I so same to my party leader?

Atiku is the MOST prepared, he's the only one with campaign structure and office aside President Buhari of APC. What are the others waiting for?

He's a chief promoter of restructuring and has acceptability across the Niger, though Makarfi is known for his unifying trait and credible antecedent, but without coming public with his plans and creating avenue for Nigerians to know and meet with him beyond party leaders and delegates, wouldn't it be a tough call? Be honest pls

Beside, I'm a PDP/opposition member and whoever emerge after primary will definitely get the nod

Re-Structuring only came to atiku's mouth of recent because it is a hot topic today. He is simply riding the waves.

That why I love pmb, he is very straight forward and tells you what he things. He could have used restructuring as his campaign promise since it is the hot topic today. But he is not, because he believes corruption to be the problem of Nigeria.

Besides,this so called restructuring become a hot topic after pdp lost the election.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
Lol Pro Buhari monikers are on the increase..
Una Fada
Buhari must go back to daura come 2019
I vehemently denied my ethnic sentiments to vote for this extremist called Buhari
@Tonyebarcanista I've never being your fan, owing to your instability in the buildup to the last elections , but this write up has made me have a rethink on the Atiku candidacy..
One thing is certain, that nepotistic, stubborn and hypocritical effigy that calls himself Buhari must be voted out
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by els0nm0rali(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
Eyin temi. This is the man to vote for.

You vote for any of those "experienced" thieves in government and you have sold your children's birthright.

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by KevinDein: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
Op is the dude who supported Messi over Nigeria. I'll take whatever advice you are giving with a pinch of salt.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Horus(m): 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by twentyk(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2018
ipobarethieves:
undecided undecided Tonyebarcanista. ,stop subtle campaign for Atiku.Nigeran are not Dumb, deaf/F00ls..Atiku is a THIEF.Tell him to travel go US
Now I have often had this phrase repeated " ATIKU IS A THIEF...bet pardon my ignorance ooo, inside all these Naija politicians who no be thief.... Shay na obasanjo ni,abi fashola, tinubu amaechi,david Mark.... Who no be thief..... See election for ekiti dem dey share 3k,5k...no be thief money be that.... Both the sharer and the receiver, all na thief.....pastor thief, Alfa thief, student (yahoo boy) thief, wife(thief husband) thief, girlfriend(thief boyfriend)thief, boyfriend (thief parent) thief..... Every body thief..... So ATIKU BEING A THIEF NO BE OFFENSE.... Mention one person wey no be thief abeg....

Nice write up, I reason with am
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
buhariguy:

Buhari is doing the best, which no one can do.

Buhari is a nationalist, he prefer to preserved the job of Nigerians than importation to kill our economy.

Wat has he done dat no oda person can do?
How is he a nationalist?
Wat has he done in d past 3yrs oda dan blood shed?
It's obvious u r a dunce

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by debossng: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
Atiku is the best man for the job, period!
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by KazeemIbrahim1: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
buhariguy:
you are still asking what is buhari bringing on board,

I told you before that
Buhari is bringing infrastructural development, he need to complete what he has started, look at railway, seaports, airport, power project, steel mill industry,
Agricultural development, aiming to reduce importation of what we can produced,

Fighting corruption to a stand still.
Fighting insurgency and terrorism etc.

Restructuring is good,
And is part of buhari agenda in 2019.
I'm neither of a fan of PDP nor APC but bro you lie..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Hedonisst: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
seunmsg:
From Markarfi to Atiku is such a short period of time. shocked shocked shocked

On a lighter side though, I heard Atiku pays better than other PDP aspirants, how true is the information, OP? This must really be a good time to be PDP e-warrior. grin grin grin

This moniker represents nothing but shameless partisanship, ignominy, inanity, and obnoxiousness. I despise this character to no end.

APC nitwits who have nothing reasonable to say because they have simply been programmed to be incurably stupid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Efewestern: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
OneSentence:

pdp is a party full of thieves that jump carpet depending on whether their selfish benefits will be met. that a youth still believes in all these re-cycled old men still baffles me. if you are not making money from all these rubbish you are posting then you are worse than I thought. all politicians are thieves fighting for their own selfish ends. after 16 years what did pdp do for us? apc came and where equally if not more terrible. atiku o, Buhari, fayemi, fayose, amaechi etc...all are thieves...

The man you quoted isn't a sincere person, so don't expect any reasonable thing from him, the way he talks good about some corrupt and evil politicians says a lot about him.

Bro I give up on this nation, I don't think we can ever get it right.. All politicians irrespective of political party are bunch of thieves, that care only for themselves and their families, while leaving the poor masses to wallow in poverty.

Atiku is no different from Satan the Devil, No sincere human being will campaign for any of these Old thieves, oh I miss people like Fela.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Hedonisst: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
twentyk:
Now I have often had this phrase repeated " ATIKU IS A THIEF...bet pardon my ignorance ooo, inside all these Naija politicians who no be thief.... Shay na obasanjo ni,abi fashola, tinubu amaechi,david Mark.... Who no be thief..... See election for ekiti dem dey share 3k,5k...no be thief money be that.... Both the sharer and the receiver, all na thief.....pastor thief, Alfa thief, student (yahoo boy) thief, wife(thief husband) thief, girlfriend(thief boyfriend)thief, boyfriend (thief parent) thief..... Every body thief..... So ATIKU BEING A THIEF NO BE OFFENSE.... Mention one person wey no be thief abeg....

Nice write up, I reason with am

Let's assume that thievery is a common denominator (which it is), which means that it is a prevalent phenomenon across board. The implication is that we cannot use it as a criteria in judging any candidate (but even then, there's no proof that Atiku is a thief, we just assume that he is). But at least we know Buhari is worse than a thief. That's why he hasn't sacked and prosecuted PROVEN thieves in his own administration (Kyari, Dambazzau, Buratai, Shittu, not to mention the likes of Amaechi). And then what about proven certificate forgers (which is the same thing as corruption) such as Adeosun? And to think that the old dirty bastard from Daura took six months to appoint these blighted characters! I swear to God, anyone absolving Buhari of corruption will die a painful death and his generation will be cursed!

Going forward, since every option we have is a thief, how then do we decide the preferable candidate? THIS SHOULD BE THE QUESTION! And the simple answer is competence and leadership skills. Quite frankly, none among the present political class is more competent or possesses greater leadership skills than Atiku.

Is it the retaarrded Buhari who hasn't applied himself in any productive venture other than rearing cows throughout his adult life? This country is funny. Between 1985 when the old fool was rightfully ejected and 2015 when he was wrongfully injected by misguided idiots, what was he doing? What did he achieve? What impact did he make on himself and on Nigerians other than vengefully plotting a return to power for the sake of power? What exactly qualifies the bigoted bastard for leadership, judging from his track record of personal (in)competency and leadership deficiency?

The fact that Buhari is even being compared to someone like Atiku is a grave injury to fairness and justice. It is a travesty, and it explains why Nigeria is the bloody shithole that it is.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Intrepid01(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
whatever you smoke on daily basis isn't good for your health, trust me.

So because someone has been desperately contesting and showing interest for decades makes the person prepared?

You just betrayed your teachers, listen young boy, preparedness has to do with Competence. That your useless candidate; Atiku has no competence in whatsovever way you look at it. He is just a desperate thief...besides if he wants to win he should first go to U.S and come back....
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by biznesstime: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

I used to be Dankwambo fan but I withdrew after making some research about him (which I may not make public). I've been rooting for Makarfi due to his antecedents but make I no lie you, na only Atiku be like who serious to take on Buhari and aside politics and election, his blueprint shows that he understand the problems bedevilling Nigeria and has known solution for it.
blueprint or yellowprint is bullshit without making it come to reality. any tom can claim to level kilimanjaro within a second but be unable to remove an inch from. based on popularity & money to throw around, he is capable but there must be ways to hold him accountable if he eventually emerge but Bleep off. am a good student of history who have indepth knowledge about the types of politics they in this country and I can tell you the present structure is bad
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by koboko69: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol when my padi no wan setup him structure and make things happen, make I no voice for person wey appear more prepared? Beside, ask 10 random PDP rank and files where they stand and watch the response that 45-50% will give...

Meanwhile, Atiku no de give money o. How many people him fit give money? lol but if you know way let me know

So no Makarfi appointment again?

Politics cant get y anywhere bro....?

You are too directionless..

I am really sorry for u.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by biznesstime: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Efewestern:

The man you quoted isn't a sincere person, so don't expect any reasonable thing from him, the way he talks good about some corrupt and evil politicians says a lot about him.

Bro I give up on this nation, I don't think we can ever get it right.. All politicians irrespective of political party are bunch of thieves, that care only for themselves and their families, while leaving the poor masses to wallow in poverty.

Atiku is no different from Satan the Devil, No sincere human being will campaign for any of these Old thieves, oh I miss people like Fela.
its unfortunate
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
If Donald Duke will run, I will vote him.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by mgbadike81: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The AD was pro restructuring

ACN was pro restructuring

APC was pro restructuring as opposition (though Buhari would distance himself)

Tinubu is one of the Chief apostles of restructuring in Nigeria. As Governor, he took FG to court over 15 times on one issue or the other that relates with "let's restructure". The famous was the 37 LCDAs that put him against Obj and had 3 years LGA allocation seized. His victory at the Supreme court opened the windows for others to start creating LCDAs.

The Yorubas want restructuring

The Igbos prefer restructuring

The Ijaws want restructuring

Even the Middlebelt and some elites in the north have spoken for restructuring.

You see, restructuring is a major issue and I think any candidate that stand for it should be considered.

Meanwhile, I discovered that the Niger Delta Ministry was Atiku's idea as AC Candidate in 2007 but was implemented by Yar'adua.

So what is Buhari bringing onboard in 2019?
which Igbos prefer restructuring? .
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Born2Breed(f): 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
I was discussing with some of my colleagues few days ago on same issue of who is the best man to pitch against Buhari.

After serious brain storming, I have come to the conclusion that Atiku is the best candidate. Politics in Nigeria is about structure, acceptability and financial chest. Vision and programs are secondary in this side of the world.

The primaries will determine if PDP will send APC packing.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by odysey: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
buhariguy:
hahahahahahahaha,

What is atiku bringing on board? Restructuring?
Running a successful personal business with tax free laden with corruption.
Is that what he is bringing on board.
Comparing a personal business achieved through corruption and national business that involved more than 200m people with diverse ethnic group.

If atiku decide to please the Igbo's, how will he please the north and south west.

Did you think is easy to govern this country? Or to please everybody?

Buhari is doing the best, which no one can do.

Buhari is a nationalist, he prefer to preserved the job of Nigerians than importation to kill our economy.

People without the knowledge of how to govern an economy will be here making mouth.

With little fund, buhari has done more than the past 16yrs.

I wanted to reply you I looked at your monica n chose not to instead I'll say this

From hence forth everything that Pmb came with will manifest in every single facet of your life from hence forth
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by kelly72: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonyebarcanista

CAVEAT: This is my humble opinion after appraisal of the level of preparedness of all aspirants for the Presidency. It is without prejudice to the arrangement of Peoples Democratic Party and the 39 Coalition parties

In the build up of the election of 1979 preparatory to the commencement of the second republic, Chief Obafemi Awolowo of Unity Party of Nigeria was clearly seen as the most prepared among other aspirants for the Presidency, his campaign was ideological based, his policies were clearly spelt out and he was banking strictly on popular votes of the masses instead of military establishment as at then. However, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a retired school teacher and former minister was returned elected instead. Till date, Chief Awolowo is referred to the best President Nigeria never had.

In 1993, famous philanthropist, Chief MKO Abiola, the Presidential candidate of Social Democratic Party had a clearly defined manifesto, his proposed policies were topnotch and in him Nigerians saw hope for better future. He was eventually elected via popular vote in the presidential election but the military establishment thwarted the project. Nigerians were once again denied the chance of enjoying the prospects of the MKO's Presidency.

In 1999, Dr. Alex Ekweme was clearly the most prepared presidential aspirant in the Peoples Democratic Party, a political association that came into being with sole ideology of building bridges among citizens, forcing the military junta to the barracks and returning power to the people. However, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, upon his release from prison, was "gifted" the Presidential ticket to "appease" the southwest over the 1993 disappointment and travails of Chief MKO Abiola. Nigerians were again shortchanged optimal democratic dividends that would have been under Alex Ekweme.

In 2007, Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua (of blessed memory) was remotely uninterested in the Presidency but he was virtually dragged in by the powers that be as at then ahead of then Vice President Atiku Abubakar who happened to be the most prepared with clear manifesto, programs and vision.
Yaradua was christened "baba go slow" simply because he had to do his apprenticeship while staying on the job.

In 2010, Goodluck Jonathan was catapulted into power by providence after the death of Umaru Yar'adua. He was least prepared to be Vice President in 2007 and President as at then. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was clearly the most prepared for the office aheaf of 2011 Presidential election judging by his manifesto and proposed programs but due to some ethnical consideration (appeasement of SouthSouth/minorities) and some other political factors, Jonathan got the nod. He developed his key program while on the job without luxury of time.

In 2014, then opposition APC delegates elected Muhammadu Buhari as flagbearer, a man whose age-long campaign has always been instituting Shari'a system across the country and fighting corruption BUT without any blueprint on economy, unity among citizens irrespective of tribe and political consideration, restructuring of the system etc even though his party captured some. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar then of APC had these clearly spelt out but Buhari was elected simply because he commanded some cult followership in the northern part of Nigeria. Buhari eventually won the 2015 presidential election but he came along with ethno-religious unrest, economy meltdown, herdsmen-farmers clashes, breakdown in nationhood etc. In fact, the man had to distance himself from some promises made by his own party, including restructuring.

Of the legion of credible leaders running for the Presidency in 2019 in the opposition, I am of the opinion that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is the only aspirant that has displayed the highest commitment and serious preparedness for the job. He can be identified with blueprint/ideology to work with (with due respect to others). For instance, he's known as chief promoter of restructuring and has a very wide public acceptance in contrast of what he had in 2007 and 2011.

He's the aspirant that has gone beyond issuing tweets on social media and has been outlining his programs to the understanding of the public.

Less than seven (7) months to the presidential election and two (2) months to the presidential primary, Atiku appears to be the only aspirant with known campaign team and presidential campaign office and has been working in alliance with interest groups across the 36 states and diaspora.

Considering that there is no luxury of time to gamble, I am of the my opinion that being the most prepared presidential aspirant, Atiku should be given the nod by the Peoples Democratic Party, the 39 Coalition parties and Nigerians so that we can have for the first time a president that is well preparing to lead instead of using the traditional religious, ethnic or political bias.

Furthermore, with Seven (7) months to general election, it is needless to promote an aspirant that is yet to display this level of preparedness irrespective of our relationship with such aspirant. I believe everyone can play their part in the new government to further the aspirations of Nigeria citizens.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

You are very correct. President shall Atiku be in 2019.
The vampire will retire with his millions of illiterate sycophants for ever.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by easyzworld: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
I wish Nigeria will get it right this time. We need a true leader who can restructure Nigeria, stop corruption and grow our resources.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Lipscomb(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2018
undecided anytime I see your post here I shield tear and spit on you .
TonyeBarcanista:

They may be doing fine but trust me they won't claim they aren't feeling the "heat".

Candidly, even in this forthcoming 2019 election Nigerians DON'T know what Buhari administration stand for.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by slivertongue: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=69344835]On Point. Atiku's problem is his being faster than his shadow,his nt patient
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by slivertongue: 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=69345292] he wont restructure nig bt wil improve d economy &manage our diversity beta
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by meobizy(f): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
It's 2018 and we're still looking forward to electing an eighty-something year old without modern vision to rule us? Them swear say we no fit elect forty-something year old with excellent visible antecedents?

A country is only as smart as its leaders. To put it another way, a country's leader is a reflection of its people. Atiku is the worst possible candidate I can wish on my worst enemy. I'll prefer to bear another four years of Buhari [the devil we know] than grant Atiku free reign over the nation's affairs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by bobowaja(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
pauljumbo:
Give Nigerian kids pennies they will praise and write anything for you online
I
You don't have to insult us Ghana boy.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by daveP(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

They may be doing fine but trust me they won't claim they aren't feeling the "heat".

Candidly, even in this forthcoming 2019 election Nigerians DON'T know what Buhari administration stand for.

I'd just like you to tell us all, the least prepared candidate right now, cos as I'm seeing it, Nigeria just doesn't seem ready to be a sensible democracy until these old cargoes are banished and done with. They just seem to be our main problem here.

So the least prepared candidates are who and who?

Cos it seems the trend may keep on, not ending just yet. and it's saddening.
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by valopotosky(m): 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2018
There are vibrant contestant though but unpopular. I strongly believe atiku is the man to beat. He is a successful buz man and a core capitalist which z wat Nigeria needs presently. We need a leader dat understand the employment yearning of the youths. A leader dat can possibly create a favourable buz environment and consequent job creation. Atiku all the way....
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by lookingfly: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
buhariguy:
Yes you are right, but is not easy to right the wrong of the past within 3yrs.
Buhari need extra 3 yrs to complete those project he had already started.

Buhari till 2023.

can you pls outline those projects?
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonyebarcanista

CAVEAT: This is my humble opinion after appraisal of the level of preparedness of all aspirants for the Presidency. It is without prejudice to the arrangement of Peoples Democratic Party and the 39 Coalition parties

In the build up of the election of 1979 preparatory to the commencement of the second republic, Chief Obafemi Awolowo of Unity Party of Nigeria was clearly seen as the most prepared among other aspirants for the Presidency, his campaign was ideological based, his policies were clearly spelt out and he was banking strictly on popular votes of the masses instead of military establishment as at then. However, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a retired school teacher and former minister was returned elected instead. Till date, Chief Awolowo is referred to the best President Nigeria never had.

In 1993, famous philanthropist, Chief MKO Abiola, the Presidential candidate of Social Democratic Party had a clearly defined manifesto, his proposed policies were topnotch and in him Nigerians saw hope for better future. He was eventually elected via popular vote in the presidential election but the military establishment thwarted the project. Nigerians were once again denied the chance of enjoying the prospects of the MKO's Presidency.

In 1999, Dr. Alex Ekweme was clearly the most prepared presidential aspirant in the Peoples Democratic Party, a political association that came into being with sole ideology of building bridges among citizens, forcing the military junta to the barracks and returning power to the people. However, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, upon his release from prison, was "gifted" the Presidential ticket to "appease" the southwest over the 1993 disappointment and travails of Chief MKO Abiola. Nigerians were again shortchanged optimal democratic dividends that would have been under Alex Ekweme.

In 2007, Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua (of blessed memory) was remotely uninterested in the Presidency but he was virtually dragged in by the powers that be as at then ahead of then Vice President Atiku Abubakar who happened to be the most prepared with clear manifesto, programs and vision.
Yaradua was christened "baba go slow" simply because he had to do his apprenticeship while staying on the job.

In 2010, Goodluck Jonathan was catapulted into power by providence after the death of Umaru Yar'adua. He was least prepared to be Vice President in 2007 and President as at then. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar was clearly the most prepared for the office aheaf of 2011 Presidential election judging by his manifesto and proposed programs but due to some ethnical consideration (appeasement of SouthSouth/minorities) and some other political factors, Jonathan got the nod. He developed his key program while on the job without luxury of time.

In 2014, then opposition APC delegates elected Muhammadu Buhari as flagbearer, a man whose age-long campaign has always been instituting Shari'a system across the country and fighting corruption BUT without any blueprint on economy, unity among citizens irrespective of tribe and political consideration, restructuring of the system etc even though his party captured some. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar then of APC had these clearly spelt out but Buhari was elected simply because he commanded some cult followership in the northern part of Nigeria. Buhari eventually won the 2015 presidential election but he came along with ethno-religious unrest, economy meltdown, herdsmen-farmers clashes, breakdown in nationhood etc. In fact, the man had to distance himself from some promises made by his own party, including restructuring.

Of the legion of credible leaders running for the Presidency in 2019 in the opposition, I am of the opinion that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is the only aspirant that has displayed the highest commitment and serious preparedness for the job. He can be identified with blueprint/ideology to work with (with due respect to others). For instance, he's known as chief promoter of restructuring and has a very wide public acceptance in contrast of what he had in 2007 and 2011.

He's the aspirant that has gone beyond issuing tweets on social media and has been outlining his programs to the understanding of the public.

Less than seven (7) months to the presidential election and two (2) months to the presidential primary, Atiku appears to be the only aspirant with known campaign team and presidential campaign office and has been working in alliance with interest groups across the 36 states and diaspora.

Considering that there is no luxury of time to gamble, I am of the my opinion that being the most prepared presidential aspirant, Atiku should be given the nod by the Peoples Democratic Party, the 39 Coalition parties and Nigerians so that we can have for the first time a president that is well preparing to lead instead of using the traditional religious, ethnic or political bias.

Furthermore, with Seven (7) months to general election, it is needless to promote an aspirant that is yet to display this level of preparedness irrespective of our relationship with such aspirant. I believe everyone can play their part in the new government to further the aspirations of Nigeria citizens.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

ijawcitizen so u aff become AMC
Re: Nigerians Cannot Afford Mistake Of The Past In 2019 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2018
Efewestern:

my brother the only excuse I can tolerate for a youth to campaign for these thieves is if he is making money from it. as u have rightly said they are all thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Pray For Tinubu, It’s Not Easy – Wike Begs Nigerians / Osundefender Newspaper Discredits Action Gov. Rochas Okorocha. / Abdulsalami Abubakar Announced May 29, 1999 As Handover Date (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.