Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Things We Do For Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things We Do For Love (380 Views)

Nigerian Women Share The Foolish Things They 've Ever Done For Love / Adetoro Adeyemi, Single Mother Deleted Her Child's Pics While Searching For Love / What's The Most Bizarre Thing You Ever Did For Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things We Do For Love by Nobodies: 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2018
During a time as an undergraduate, I fell in love with this young and Amazing Muslim lady. She understood my feelings and she liked me too.

She never gave me a 'Yes'. Even when she knew that I was head over heeled with her. I literally worship the ground she walked on

She needed a relationship that will lead to marriage. That's the kind of person she was. Very disciplined and religious.

Well, I am also not the guy that needed to play games. It was okay with me.
She knew I meant it.

But I'm a Christian. Her Dad wouldn't support the Union. It was going to be a waste of time. She knew it. She was wiser than I am.

I'd this feeling I can't explain, I began to skip church programs; at a time I stopped.
I wanted to please her. She saw it.
I wanted her at any expense. I would 'walk her' to the mosque. She does always smile. I believed she was beginning to see possibilities. Hence, she said Yes!

Then there was a break. She went home. I was very much expecting her return back to school...

But...

She never returned.

She died.

I wept.

After a while...

I realized the supremacy of the creator.

I realized how I had dropped the faith given to me just for a lady that God almighty created.

For love? No, it's obsession. I dropped my Faith to be with a Lady... I already did made up my mind and was desperate.

I wept bitterly. My brain, heart, mind and head was seated at a T junction; i re-accessed my life.

I was in a path to perdition. I pleaded to God and asked for a change of heart.

I've also heard of Muslims putting down their faith for marriages. I've seen people change faith because of their spouse.

But I will tell you, it had never ended well.

Your faith should supersede every decision taken in your lifetime.

If a relationship demands you to change religion or put down your faith, then that's not love. That person isn't yours. It's a part that leads to destruction.

Which ever faith that is in there, keep it.
Your faith is deeper than your culture.
You are born in it; you live with it; you die with it.

If at all you want to change faith; change because you have got the conviction. The very direct one from your creator.

If your faith will hinder your relationship, then that person isn't meant for you.

If it hinders your promotion, then the promotion isn't meant for you.

Whatever it hinders; it's surely not yours.

Without faith we can not please God.

Keep to your faith...

Then it's also fine if you are a Christian and you marry a Muslim and also the other way round.
Then it stays that way.

I have seen.
Re: Things We Do For Love by amaniro: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
nice,
I can never compromise my religion for love!?
Re: Things We Do For Love by femidejulius(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Well, religion is useless unless you have personal relationship with God. There are pastors who sleep with other people's wives,sleep with their daughters and still collect money from their fathers. Same for religious leaders of other religions.

What's the meaning of marrying an irresponsible, ungodly partner of the same faith who attends church with you but keep malice with your neighbors. It will be better to marry a more responsible partner of other faith.

People should be free to marry across faith if both partners believe in themselves.

The Christians will tell you Christ is the way. The Muslims will tell you Prophet Muhammad is. The Buddhist think they are right. The Jews think Jewish religion is.

I find it difficult to believe that God, merciful as he is will throw others to hell fire forever for living a good life but simply failing to belong to a religious group.

As for parents who forces their daughters to marry someone from the same church or religion, let me say to you that daughters have no religion/ church. You are keeping them for their husbands who have the final say. Parents of daughters are more like caretakers caring for properties on behalf of the landlords who are the husbands in this case.

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Ex Wants You Back / How Can You Tell If A Guy Is Ready To Settle Down With You ? / Juliet Ibrahim Stuns In New Photos, Wears Colourful Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.