Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? (452 Views)

"I Can Actually Make Your Boyfriend Mine" - Nigerian Lady / Guy Shocks Lady Who Ordered For N7k Takeaway For 2 Friends After Their 1st Date / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by AshAZomor(f): 3:21am On Jul 14, 2018
If you break up on good or mutual terms, wanting to remain close makes sense. But is staying friends after a breakup really a good idea?
Breakups suck, especially when you still care about your ex. You do not want to part ways forever because you get along and are connected.

But is staying friends after a breakup a good idea?

It depends.

Where you friends before you started dating?
You might be wondering why this matters? But if you were not friends before you started dating you may have nothing to grasp. Cutting out the romantic feelings and staying in each other’s lives will be more difficult if you didn’t have a basis of friendship at the beginning.

It will be easier to find common ground to base a friendship on without romantic feelings if you had that before.

Do you have mutual friends?

It may be easier to reconnect as friends if you have a mutual friend group. This way you can get into a routine of seeing this person in a platonic setting. You are both more likely to feel accountable for your actions after a breakup as well.

When your friends know the situation, not only can they help make the transition easier for you, but wanting to keep the drama and jealously to a minimum for their sake may help you get along better.

Is staying friends after a breakup what you really want?

You might think, of course. This person is important to you. You don’t want to lose them. But do you stay friends because you feel guilty for something?

Click on the link below to read full.
https://gistupafrica.com/2018/07/14/staying-friends-after-a-breakup-can-you-actually-make-it-work/
Re: Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:40am On Jul 14, 2018
cool

No, i can't..

There are millions of people who are worth making friends more than your ex.. I will definitely grab that opportunity.

For me, once everything's broken for good---- i have this attitude called I DON'T GIVE A F*CK & i like it.. cool wink cheesy
Re: Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 14, 2018
Yep.. i am friends with some of my ex till date its no big deal
Re: Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 14, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
cool

No, i can't..

There are millions of people who are worth making friends more than your ex.. I will definitely grab that opportunity.

For me, once everything's broken for good---- i have this attitude called I DON'T GIVE A F*CK & i like it.. cool wink cheesy

Would u look at that shocked
Re: Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:46am On Jul 14, 2018
dairykidd:

Would u look at that shocked

grin

What i gonna look for cheesy ?
Re: Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by damtan(m): 4:32am On Jul 14, 2018
most guys still wanna stay friends but reverse for most ladies.
Re: Staying Friends After A Breakup: Can You Actually Make It Work? by damtan(m): 4:33am On Jul 14, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
cool

No, i can't..

aunty na u ooo smiley cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Be On The Watch Out!!! / Romance At The Market / Which One Of The 2018 New Year Resolutions Did You Achieve This Year so far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.