Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? (14498 Views)

Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
jnrbayano:

John 18:35-36

"Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Did Jesus provide a direct answer to Pilate's question?

Matthew 10:16

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

Matthew 10:16 answers why Jesus, Abraham etc gave the answers to questions posed to them in that manner.

In fact, I can't recall where Jesus provided answers directly to questions from other people other than his disciples.

Understanding the bible isn't about writing long essays. Its simply staying humble and learning when taught.

No place Abraham was asked, "Is Sarah your wife or not" and he answered No. Show me the Chapter and verse where that happened.

Sarah is Abraham's sister, if you say No, I will provide bible Chapter and verse to support it

OK sir, ur argument is not valid abeg.

it's people like u that know the truth and choose to engage in wilful blindness.

u want us to start arguing bible, I don't. sorry

sorry sir
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Jerrypolo(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
ollah2:

Easy with the hate. It will further consume you.
"Hate" kee you there!!!.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Jerrypolo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I am not a Muslim. Check my profile.

Your post is misleading!!!.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

They wrote under the influence of a higher authority? HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? Did the writers ever say so?

Mohammed when he recited his Quran claimed to be under such influence. Do you have an source for such a claim by the writers of the Bible

Do we even know WHO wrote it?

Coonecting dots appear to you because the bible had an editor or editors so that means the bible had "candidate books" from which a final selection were chosen and others left out. Again you may claim the editors were under influence but did they claimm so and if they did what is that influence

sorry sir.
it's turning into an argument, I don't engage in religious arguments unfortunately....... I like to learn not argue.( this only applies to my religion tho)
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by sexdoll: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
jesus never existed.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

on the contrary bros, I ain't criticizing ur religion, it's just that u know so much about mine and I know so little about urs.
maybe if I get to know more I'll understand y u keep to it.

and u still didn't answer my questions.
I'd like to know those answers please, to better inform my line of thought

To me this
obekediamondfuto:

we are saying the same thing.

how come u know this much about the things of God and the Bible and u chose to worship ogun?

too much knowledge I presume

Sounds like a criticism. A very arrogant one at that. You believe Ogun is not God but whatever you worship is and your beliefs represent the "things of God" but Ogun does not.

I am not sure what your question is
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
sexdoll:
jesus never existed.
He probably did. There is signifcant HISTORICITY on that.
Whether all that is said about him is accurate is another thing
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Nicenas50(m): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
This is the best write up. A honest and factual analysis of the verse, on "judge not' . An acclaimed man of God, who was divorced from is wife of recent, had this same verse as cover-up. shocked undecided
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

To me this

Sounds like a criticism. Avery aarrogant one at that. You believe Ogun is not God but whatever you worship is and your beliefs represent th "things of God" but Ogun does not.

am not sure what your question is

like I said, on the contrary.....
u know too much of the Bible and then again u know too much about ogun. I'm curious as to how u chose when u eventually chose, the religion to follow.

that's what I meant when I said too much knowledge.....
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

well to a large extent, I think I do.
how do u know a product/equipment/machine and understand it's capabilities, functions, operation and troubleshooting? Every manufacturer has a manual for it's product.

U read the manual, so to understand urself u need to ask ur maker or in this case ur manufacturer.

so right back @ u.... who manufactured u? do u have a manual? how were u created? how often do u consult ur manual?

PS the Bible. is my own manual!
Quote me when u have the right answers then we'll continue from there and make sure ur answers do not have any atom of human intervention or interaction in them oh else ur response would be vague..... using ur measuring station as the basis of judgement oh.... remember u said, men wrote the Bible and not God.

these questions

just that I'm really curious ...
that's all
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

sorry sir.
it's turning into an argument, I don't engage in religious arguments unfortunately....... I like to learn not argue.( this only applies to my religion tho)
When you make statements of fact that you cannot substantiate you will always get an argument.

That is why religion has always resulted in bloodshed.

Christianity spread across Europe simply as a means of political control and not for any spiritual purpose and that is why it is dead today across Europe.

Maybe you have heard of the ouncil of Nicaea maybe you have not. The reality is religion served to facilitate political control and this is easier when you have ONE God as opposed to several.

The Bible was written by men as a means of controlling people.

Mohammed learned all the lessons from that including why Christianity lost political power and came up with a "better" One God religion that is even successful in achieving political and social control.

You have two categories of people

Believers and Kafirs who are forced b normative pressure to fall in line.

In reality people subscribe to the religions they are born into and programmed with and arre never able to achieve independent thought on their so called beliefs.

Take your idea that the bible was written byy inspired folk. This is a lie that is repeated over and over for books whose authorship is UNKNOWN
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

these questions

just that I'm really curious ...
that's all
They are interesting questions but not relevant to anything we are talking about and why direct that to me.
It is like me asking you

what is the the square root of 12556787645?

how is the answer to that relevant here?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by EbukaBlue(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
purem:
OP have a little patient, JC is coming back very soon then you can ask him yourself
JC? why abbr his name?? is it too long?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by jnrbayano(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

OK sir, ur argument is not valid abeg.

it's people like u that know the truth and choose to engage in wilful blindness.

u want us to start arguing bible, I don't. sorry

sorry sir

What is truth? Lemme ask like Pilate. John 18:38

In the emboldened part of your reply to me you just accused me of complicity to "truth concealing" crime which I did not commit simply because I wanted to help a brother understand something better.

I leave you with the verse below.

Matthew 10:14

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet."
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:
When you make statements of fact that you cannot substantiate you will always get an argument.

Christianity spread across Europe simply as a means of political control and not for any spiritual purpose and that is why it is dead today across Europe.

Maybe you have heard of the ouncil of Nicaea maybe you have not. The reality is religion served to facilitate political control and this is easier when you have ONE God as opposed to several.

Mohammed learned all the lessons from that including why Christianity lost political power and came up with a "better" One God religion that is even successful in achieving political and social control.

In reality people subscribe to the religions they are born into and programmed with and arre never able to achieve independent thought on their so called beliefs.

Take your idea that the bible was written byy inspired folk. This is a lie that is repeated over and over for books whose authorship is UNKNOWN

my guy, Christianity.... be it a lie, I donk care. it is the lie I have chosen to believe afterall!!

one thing Is certain that most of us fail to acknowledge, the only thing we do in life is to trade!!

We trade one belief for another, one prison for another, one God for another, one addiction for another......

We are never truly free, nor perfect, nor just.

But as for me and my household, we have chosen to trade all others to serve the Lord Jesus. if it is wrong, then I'll. gladly do wrong as regards this

but to be very frank with u.... u have a very very keen understanding faculty..
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
jnrbayano:

What is truth? Lemme ask like Pilate. John 18:38

In the emboldened part of your reply to me you just accused me of complicity to "truth concealing" crime which I did not commit simply because I wanted to help a brother understand something better.

I leave you with the verse below.

Matthew 10:14

"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet."

u see ehn I no dey get JW power..... my principle is to allow them win every argument....

so sorry sir

no because Sir
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

like I said, on the contrary.....
u know too much of the Bible and then again u know too much about ogun. I'm curious as to how u chose when u eventually chose, the religion to follow.

that's what I meant when I said too much knowledge.....
I said I am devoted to Ogun. I did not talk about religion

Ogun is one of many Yoruba deities. I happen to be Yoruba so Ogun is more relevant to me than Jehovah. I think the Yoruba Worldview is more relvant to me than imported ideas about a foreign god that is unknown to m people. The Yoruba worldview is not about "religion" but rather the idea that everything is alive and worthy of reverence and worship . So the idea of "one God" is unacceptable

Religion is that which seeks to indoctrinate and control so my relationship with Ogun or other deities is not religious .

I don't know what you mean by "too much". I have read the bible several times and I still read it regularly just like the Quran.

The Bible does not = religion . There are so many religions that are based on the Bible not one. I do not know what your religion is. Buut there are Catholics,Penntecostals, Jehovah witnesses, Celestial, Brotherhood of the Cross and star to name a few. They are different.

Celestial is Not RCCG and MFM is not Baptist
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by donblazer10(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

true
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:
They are interesting questions but not relevant to anything we are talking about and why direct that to me.
It is like me asking you

what is the the square root of 12556787645?

how is the answer to that relevant here?

read my posts again then u will see you I asked those questions
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:
I said I am devoted to Ogun. I did not talk about religion

Ogun is one of many Yoruba deities. I happen to be Yoruba so Ogun is more relevant to me than Jehovah. I think the Yoruba Worldview is more relvant to me than imported ideas about a foreign god that is unknown to m people. The Yoruba worldview is not about "religion" but rather the idea that everything is alive and worthy of reverence and worship . So the idea of "one God" is unacceptable

Religion is that which seeks to indoctrinate and control so my relationship with Ogun or other deities is not religious .

I don't know what you mean by "too much". I have read the bible several times and I still read it regularly just like the Quran.

The Bible does not = religion . There are so many religions that are based on the Bible not one. I do not know what your religion is. Buut there are Catholics,Penntecostals, Jehovah witnesses, Celestial, Brotherhood of the Cross and star to name a few. They are different.

Celestial is Not RCCG and MFM is not Baptist

religion here is Christianity!!
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by jnrbayano(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u see ehn I no dey get JW power..... my principle is to allow them win every argument....

so sorry sir

no because Sir

I'm not a Jehovah Witness adherent neither am I on argument spree...its well.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

religion here is Christianity!!
What is Christianity?

There is no one Christianity that is a myth.
Are we talking

Celestial or RCCG or TB Joshua's SCOAN or the Catholic church or Jehovah's witnesses

What makes one a Chrstian?

Being born again?
Childhood Baptism?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by Fynekings: 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2018
[i][/i]
alBHAGDADI:

These days, every time someone does something extremely wrong, what we hear people say is that we shouldn't judge them for the wrong thing they've done. It's even bad when you see a celebrity like Tonto Dikeh who glorifies herself in sin still openly telling people not to judge
her. It was worse when I saw comments from supposed Christians on her page telling others not to judge her when a video showed her saying jibberish which she called speaking in tongues at the altar of a so-called Church, while heavily living in sin, and when the Bible said woman should not teach in Church.

People are always quick to pull the "don't judge" card to prevent good people from pointing out the wrong in others. They usually say " didn't Jesus say you shouldn't judge?"

Luke 6:37
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Such talk from them is very stupid. It's the same as saying I shouldn't spank my child for doing something wrong because of "thou shall not judge". Why not go to a court of law and tell the judge that his name alone is offensive, and that he should let you off the hook without punishment for whatever crime took you to court. Don't you know that to judge is the same as making a decision or having an opinion?

Now, did Jesus really say we shouldn't judge? Let's look at the full explanation of the teaching which people have misconstrued to think Jesus actually said we shouldn't judge.

Mathew 7:1-5

1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I'm glad you read the above passage. You see, many people who misconstrue this passage often do because they read and stop at verse 2. Even those who who read beyond that still do not understand the rest of the passage.

Christ didn't say we shouldn't judge. He only said we shouldn't judge if we know we are partaking in the same kind of sin. It's the same as a thief judging a thief, or a rapist judging a rapist. If you are the type that loots company's money, you have no right to judge politicians who loot public funds because you are alike. If you open your mouth to state that a politician should be jailed for looting, then same will be your punishment for looting.

" 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

It is so because you didn't consider yourself first before judging others. You have to ensure you are not guilty of a certain sin before you speak against it. You will be an hypocrite if you judge when you commit the same sin.

"3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye?"

Does all of these still say we shouldn't judge? No.
To avoid making hypocritical judgement, you have to ensure you are good and not a partaker of such sin, because that's the only way you can see clearly to point out the wrong others are doing.

"5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

The above verse didn't say after you've removed the plank from your own eye, you should leave the one in your brother's eye. It says after you've removed the plank from your own eye, then you will see clearly to remove the speck in your brother's eye.

It doesn't say after you've made yourself good, you shouldn't point out the wrong in what others are doing.
It says that's when you can judge.

But Christians have been fooled to believe they shouldn't judge. They forget that they will be the ones to judge angels.

1 Corinthians 6-3

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Did you read the above verse? It says we are going to judge angels, how much more things that are Pertaining To THis Life. So, if you still believe Jesus said we should not judge, then how will we be able to judge the angels and even things that are Pertaining to this life?

Remember Paul judged when a case of a fornicator was brought to him. He wasn't even there, yet he passed his judgement. Had it been Paul was a fornicator too, then he would have been an Hypocrite disobeying Jesus.

1 Corinthians 5:3

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

I know some people will be quick to state that Jesus also said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". You see, that scenario is quite different. That involves condemnation. A woman was about to be stoned for adultery; it is good to judge her for adultery when you are not an adulterer yourself, but stepping forward to stone her requires more than not just being an adulterer. You have to be sinless. When these people who wanted to stone realized that, they left her alone. But they had no blame for judging her. This is why you need to stay away from places where jungle Justice is being carried out.

All those who often use the "thou shall not judge" often use it as a mantra to prevent people from telling them to stop doing evil. You see a lady dressed like a sex worker and you tell her it is wrong, the next thing you hear is "why are you judging me?" I'm judging because what you are doing is wrong and I have the right to because I don't partaker in such.

Christians, when next someone tries to misquote Jesus words to prevent you from judging, tell them they are wrong. Explain this to them and also show them that Jesus also gave you the power to judge angels.

thanks for this correction, this has been a form of misconception between Christians. I truly believe in this interpretation more than I ever heard in my church

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:
What is Christianity?

There is no one Christianity that is a myth.
Are we talking

Celestial or RCCG or TB Joshua's SCOAN or the Catholic church or Jehovah's witnesses

What makes one a Chrstian?

Being born again?
Childhood Baptism?

Christian..... Emulating Christ
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by AdeagboRA: 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

The truth about your prophet is that he is a fraud who plagiarized the bible

He lied and lied reppeatedly claiming to be inspired by God

One example :

Among his people a man could adopt children and treat them legally as his own with the same restrictions o sexual relations with them as with his own children

Mohammed claimed to have received Divine revelation direct from Allah that this was no longer to be . After he had gone to his adopted son's house and saw his wife nakedd.

Allah then revealed that the son was not his son anymore and he should divorce the woman so Mohammed could marry her.

Islam adds nothing of signifcance to Judaism as a doctrine.
Worship one God OK we heard that before?
Go to Mecca on pilgrimmage? That is just business for his Meccan people which was already a pilgrimmage destination for the Arabs of the Peninsula
Fast During Ramadan : just a means of social control

In short there was nothing new except for the fact that it allowed Arabs to deal with the feelings of inferiority they had for the Jews. Now they had theiir own truly Aran Monotheist religion.

Initially Muslims prayed facing Jerusalem but still the Jews treated Mohammed with the contempt he deserved as a fraud

The reality is the Torah which Mohammed copied is a work of man for the Jews not mankind

Why did Mohammed slaughter the Jews of Banu Qurayza when he lived in Medina?

Why did he engage in stealing and kidnappings as a means of livelihood while living in Medina?

The simple truth is these two religions are based on the history of Arabs and Jews and may be suitable for them but has no relevance to AFricans.

Ultimately they are based on falsehood.

Sura Al Baqara the 2nd book in the Quran starts witth the declaration.

"This is the Book whereof there is no doubt"

No doubt to the speaker or the hearer?

Th quran is full of doubt and LIES
In S 33. 37 Mohammed perfected his scheme to take his son's wife by forcing him to divorce her so HE could marry her claiming this was a directive from God.

Would we accept such nonsense today from any man of God

God has nothing to do buut to verbally dictate a verse that a son was no longer a son becaause he was adopted so that his father could marry his wife

Am sorry Christians for posting this in your tread, I only want to reply the person... Accept my apology...

This is tread is not meant for Muslim, neither is it meant for comparative argument...

But I will advice you get your facts right and don't be sentimental in judgement...

You may got this your research and knowledge from some where but I am telling you that this your impression of Islam is twisted and wrong...

Said ibn Zaid (RA) is not the prophet's son !, he was only adopted, that is why he is not bearing the prophets name.. In Islam, it is wrong to treat another man as one's son.. The verse was revealed concerning it, what applies to other people can apply to him...
Your statement that involves "unclad" is wrong !
Your knowledge of Said ibn Zaid (RA) was twisted...

2. Your claim that the Prophet steal and kidnap is twisted, this made u misconstrued it...

In the days of old, taking from war booties was forbidden, it was said in the bible that fire consumes war booties and they are taken to heaven... But during the time of the prophet, Allah made war booties permissible for them... This is not stealing !!

3. Concerning Banu Qurayda... It will seem to people like you that it is massacre, this was why the Prophet himself did not pass the verdict himself.. instead, he gave this to one of is companions (called Sa'd (RA) who was in closer relation to this tribe.. In fact he is a long time friend and allie to them...

4. Islam is the religion of the alameen (all the exist), not just for Jews and Arabs... You can read the story of the black companions of the prophet (such as Bilal) to buttress this...

I will advise you, whenever you are doing your research, don't be sentimental, be open minded and above all do yourself good by asking a knowledgeable Muslim...
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
sorry guys but I gat to go now
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

my guy, Christianity.... be it a lie, I donk care. it is the lie I have chosen to believe afterall!!

one thing Is certain that most of us fail to acknowledge, the only thing we do in life is to trade!!

We trade one belief for another, one prison for another, one God for another, one addiction for another......

We are never truly free, nor perfect, nor just.

But as for me and my household, we have chosen to trade all others to serve the Lord Jesus. if it is wrong, then I'll. gladly do wrong as regards this

but to be very frank with u.... u have a very very keen understanding faculty..
You are free to believe what you like inside your mind.

The moment you put in into the market of ideas it comes under the influece of other ideas.

If someone comes and says there is a device which will allow you to speak to somoene in Ruussia from Lagos and see their face at the same time then there is only one thing left "Prove it"

With God that is not happening so better not to make any assertions and to admit the truth :"This belief is how I manage uncertainty about life and the afterlife". That is fine. What i have a problem with is certainty merchants. Who speak as if they have been to heaven or who tell their followers "The Spirit is telling me this or that rght now"

Those are lies and are all about control.

For me it does not matter whether you worship God or your Generator as long as it makes you happy
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
aribisala0:

You are free to believe what you like inside your mind.

The moment you put in into the market of ideas it comes under the influece of other ideas.

If someone comes and says there is a device which will allow you to speak to somoene in Ruussia from Lagos and see their face at the same time then there is only one thing left "Prove it"

With God that is not happening so better not to make any assertions and to admit the truth :"This belief is how I manage uncertainty about life and the afterlife". That is fine. What i have a problem with is certainty merchants. Who speak as if they have been to heaven or who tell their followers "The Spirit is telling me this or that rght now"

Those are lies and are all about control.

For me it does not matter whether you worship God or your Generator as long as it makes you happy

lolz or ur laptop or fashion or gadgets or your car...

BRO . u suppose dey teach religious studies in schools

I feel like I shud stay here but I gats Waka naw
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by achorladey: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent-- the LORD detests them both. Proverbs 17:15

WHEN YOU JUDGE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2018
AdeagboRA:

Am sorry Christians for posting this in your tread, I only want to reply the person... Accept my apology...

This is tread is not meant for Muslim, neither is it meant for comparative argument...

But I will advice you get your facts right and don't be sentimental in judgement...

You may got this your research and knowledge from some where but I am telling you that this your impression of Islam is twisted and wrong...

Said ibn Zaid (RA) is not the prophet's son !, he was only adopted, that is why he is not bearing the prophets name.. In Islam, it is wrong to treat another man as one's son.. The verse was revealed concerning it, what applies to other people can apply to him...

2. Your claim that the Prophet steal and kidnap is twisted, this made u misconstrued it...

In the days of old, taking from war booties was forbidden, it was said in the bible that fire consumes war booties and they are taken to heaven... But during the time of the prophet, Allah made war booties permissible for them... This is not stealing !!

3. Concerning Banu Qurayda... It will seem to people like you that it is massacre, this was why the Prophet himself did not pass the verdict himself.. instead, he gave this to one of is companions (called Sa'd (RA) who was in closer relation to this tribe.. In fact he is a long time friend and allie to them...

4. Islam is the religion of the alameen (all the exist), not just for Jews and Arabs... You can read the story of the black companions of the prophet (such as Bilal) to buttress this...

I will advise you, whenever you are doing your research, don't be sentimental, be open minded and above all do yourself good by asking a knowledgeable Muslim...

I did not pick on Islam but responded to another Muslim. Either you are a liar or out to dstort.

Did I not mention that he was adopted? So why pretend you did not see that

You say in Islam it is wrong to adopt blablabla.

WHEN did it become wrong?

The Quran was not revealed in one day. but over 23 years in Mecaa first and then later Medina. Sura al Ahzab was revealed in Medina. For those who are unaware the significance is that Mohammed lived in Mecca before fleeing to Medina and Several Sura were revealed in Mecca till he fled beecause of persecution e.g Sura Al Baqara was a Meccan Sura

So all the while he was in Mecca Sura AlAhzab had not been revealed and adoption was fine
You say adoption is wrong in Islam but the prophet adopted this guy and this guy was his adopted som for some of those 23 years during which time it was not wrong until a revelation was revealed to that effect and that was fo only one reason.

So Mohammed could marry the boy's wife.
Mohammed went to his house,saw her naked and cried to Allah who quickly sent another Sura saying

Adopted children are not your children. It is wrong for a man and a woman to have a different view once Allah and hiis messenger have decided their affair.

What was this affair? That they divorce so Mohammed could take over.

From that day on adoption was stopped.

Even if adoption was stopped. Fact is the boy knew him as his father. Was it right for Allah to make them divorce so Mohammed could marry her?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
Did the prophet not kill and kidnap? Was he not a cattle rustler?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? by aribisala0(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
AdeagboRA:

I have studied the Quran more than you can imagine with an open mind. The truth of the matter is that Mohammed was a very good politicaal strategist who understood the role of religion in population control.
God did not reveal anything to him. That is nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TB Joshua Didnt Foresee Atta Mills Death / OPM Trains Members, Non-members For Free, Use Tithe Money For Sewing Machines / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.