Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. (4925 Views)

Who Won Where? Ekiti Elections In Maps / Ekiti Elections: APC Loses Own Online Poll. PDP Wins Its Own (Pics) / Ekiti Elections: PDP Rally Versus APC -osinbajo Rally Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by thewarrior72: 10:03am On Jul 15, 2018
Nothing concern me, my family and my state anambra. We have no muslim neither do we have tribal marks. So hausa fulani and yorubas can kill themselves it doesnt concern us.

Only what we owe them is to comiserate with them when the chicken comes home to roost.

1 Like

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by brown116: 10:05am On Jul 15, 2018
Xander85:

Aregbes' own is different!

He's in *APC (*born anew)....a Tinubu boy....and a muslim to boot, so that logic doesn't apply to him! smiley
sir this election was rig. the masses voted for PDP.
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Movic1(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2018
Lajet:

If you said that no problem in few months time from now we will know if Yoruba people voted against PDP because of salary or due to their support to Hausa/Fulani. Don't forget Osun election is coming up soon and the Governor is owning workers more than 1 year salary. The truth will come out very soon.

I'm not from Ekiti neither from Osun. Ekiti people decided what they want and if osun people decides to vote for Apc then that's fine and their own cup of tea.. Secondly what did you mean by yoruba voted against pdp to support Hausa/fulani? Are there no Yoruba in Pdp? are you telling me a hausa man is the one that contest in Ekiti and won? When Pdp was in power and yoruba keep voting them in are they also supporting hausa fulani too back then. I don't understand. Many people will only understand politics if only they can differentiate it from ethnicity and religion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by brown116: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2018
Movic1:

Ekiti people are totally different from Osun people Rig or not the winner is declared already, this was the same thing Fayemi and Apc supporters are shouting back then when fayose won during Gej regime .
the election was massively rig, all the same I wish ekiti all the best.
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by seunmsg(m): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2018
My dear salamrushdie, please don't consider suicide. In politics, you win some and lose some. Ekiti people are tired of Fayose's stupidity and hence decided to vote him and his party out completely. The election was not rigged in anyway.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by thewarrior72: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2018
Movic1:
You expect ekiti people to vote for pdp when fayose refused to pay them 8 months salary ? Don't kill yourself over politicians that didn't know you exist...

But Osun state voted for apc/aregbesola while they were been owed seven months?

Anyway nothing concern me and my christian tribe igbos. We will only come here to symperthise with the minority yoruba christians when the jihadist party start giving them the middle belt treatment.
In 2015 we warned the north centre christians about the imminent danger of voting the othoman danfodio islamic party apc but they didnt listing, today is it not them that are suffering it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by DeOTR: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I will not lie I am totally depressed by the magnitude of rigging that took place in Ekiti and how gullible Nigerians have quietly accepted their faith even though they know the results announced were not the true reflection of the results in ground ....I will not accept another four years of Buhari never never I will rather relocate from this country to somewhere where fairness and equity is upheld ... I can see that Buhari will easily rig the 2019 elections and this is how Nigerians will siddon look and allow themselves to be cheated.... I am sad that all our efforts as good Nigerians to make sure we rid govt of closet Islamic terrorist won't yield the desired result because of of Buharis brazen type of reason ....Its time we take our petition to God because from what I see from the Ekiti election Buhari has rigged his way to 2019 already .Sad day for me ...make I reach church

A vote for Fayemi is not necessarily a vote for Buhari. Don't make that mistake.
30000+ police won't be available for every state in next general election.
PDP was voted out in Ekiti for non-performance. Same treatment will be dished out to Buhari next year.
People are suffering in Nigeria. Next year general election will reflect that reality.
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Meritbaba(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2018
brown116:
Aregbesola of OSun state refused to pay 16 month salary but he won the election. this election was rig.
Aregbesola is owing just 2 months salary prior to his 2nd term election, you people just pick up figures being fed to you by sycophants.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2018
It hurts but the people have decided... congrats to Fayemi..
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by OsuEbonyi: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2018
Please, the OP should be placed on a suicide watch

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by GavelSlam: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I will not lie I am totally depressed by the magnitude of rigging that took place in Ekiti and how gullible Nigerians have quietly accepted their faith even though they know the results announced were not the true reflection of the results in ground ....I will not accept another four years of Buhari never never I will rather relocate from this country to somewhere where fairness and equity is upheld ... I can see that Buhari will easily rig the 2019 elections and this is how Nigerians will siddon look and allow themselves to be cheated.... I am sad that all our efforts as good Nigerians to make sure we rid govt of closet Islamic terrorist won't yield the desired result because of of Buharis brazen type of reason ....Its time we take our petition to God because from what I see from the Ekiti election Buhari has rigged his way to 2019 already .Sad day for me ...make I reach church

Your stipends stop end of the month.

E reach to cry .
grin

6 Likes

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by GavelSlam: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2018
thewarrior72:

Anyway nothing concern me and my christian tribe igbos. We will only come here to symperthise with the minority yoruba christians when the jihadist party start giving them the middle belt treatment.
In 2015 we warned the north centre christians about the imminent danger of voting the othoman danfodio islamic party apc but they didnt listing, today is it not them that are suffering it.

What of the Jews amongst you?
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Can you share with us the authentic result you have with you?

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by GavelSlam: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2018
brown116:
Aregbesola of OSun state refused to pay 16 month salary but he won the election. this election was rig.

The people saw the school, roads, bridges, power plants and SMEs in Osun state.

In Ekiti State all the people saw was ponmo and man shalt not live by ponmo alone.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by onatisi(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:

In 2014, after ekiti elections,osun state governor was owing his workers about 4 months salary and ppl had already zeroed their minds on voting him out,argberascal ran to fashola and other ppl rallied round the money ,paid all salary arreas ,bought some garri and fufu for them,they gullibly voted him back in ,only for him to come back to owe them almost a year salary.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Ziggylady(f): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2018
@op it was clear that APC will do everytning to rig themselves in Ekiti...I wish them speedy grazing route for Fulani herdsmen via Fayemi/buhari/APC..

Wetin concern Igbos..our own is to count the number of deceased when Plataeu,Benue,Taraba is replicated there.
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by bobnatlo(m): 10:53am On Jul 15, 2018
Actually getting same conclusion from a medical personale with Ekiti civil service.
Nigerians a just disgusted with what these parties can offer.

U haven't paid salary but have enough for campaign. Transferring 3k n giving civil servants 4k to vote for u. When u are owning them months. What an insult to a people as educated as them.

When u were there earlier, u embarked on white elephant projects ( govt house n others) in a state with d only major industries like education, agriculture and civil service. Dealt alot with civil servants.
Came with federal might and security to frustrate ur opponents from buying vote while allowing u to do same with impunity.
Where did u even get such money from. U didn't care about d poor masses of Ekiti B4 now only to show with bribe for them to mortgage their future n that of their children. I need not say that as soon as u take charge, primarily u will want to recoup ur investment, while the welfare of Ekiti people becomes secondary.
How will posterity judge u

Between the two devil's presented to the poor people of Ekiti. They simply resigned to fate voting for the highest bidder.
How could I blame them??
The first natural instinct of humans is survival. How can a drowning man be dictated to that grabbing the only floating log within his reach is against the law.

To me I kindly submit that the real losers in this election are the people of Ekiti. While the real winners are those candidates that didn't buy votes really

4 Likes

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by mrsfavour(f): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2018
Kdon2:

Nigeria will mourn for another four years with deaf and dumb buhari for sure. SMH
honestly I have been thinking same way, how can a sane Nigeria still queue up and vote for APC govt while we are suffering? it means Buhari will continue and the suffering continues. Not that I hate PMB but his way of governance is what is causing trouble. God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by KINGOFTHEEAST: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2018
madridguy:
Same thing you people said in 2015 tongue Bros, go and take your shower and port to church.
I can't shout.

madridguy let me explain to you why IMO won't go APC way first of all you can only rig where you have at least 40% loyalty number Rocha's wasn't this wild then you people were seeing PDP as the oppressor and Rocha's as victim PDP IMO was so arrogant and we weren't in a hurry to forget the atrocities of ohakim led PDP govt but the reality on ground Rocha's after wining second tenure sees himself an emperor turning government into family affairs now wants to make his son in-law governor something that is alien to Igbo culture madridguy even the feudal mindset of the northern class's won't allow a sitting governor to make his immediate family a successor ...madridguy believe this or not 95% Igbo's are sympathetic to biafra and Rocha's remains the only governor that has not spilled the blood of any Biafra on the street yet as long as you have any affiliation to buhari brother you are seen as a saboteur if you like bring heaven to the east , you are a NO NO

1 Like

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by thewarrior72: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2018
GavelSlam:

What of the Jews amongst you?

Don' t let me call u igno.ramus. jeudaism and christianity is one and thesame, while one is the old the other is the new.

I know u must be thinking that judaism and christianity are like SHIA and SUNNI muslim who are constantly killing each other?.......oh i forgot to add WAHABIS in between and all the rest of other factions of the terror religion call islam.
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by madridguy(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2018
Message duly noted.

KINGOFTHEEAST:
madridguy let me explain to you why IMO won't go APC way first of all you can only rig where you have at least 40% loyalty number Rocha's wasn't this wild then you people were seeing PDP as the oppressor and Rocha's as victim PDP IMO was so arrogant and we weren't in a hurry to forget the atrocities of ohakim led PDP govt but the reality on ground Rocha's after wining second tenure sees himself an emperor turning government into family affairs now wants to make his son in-law governor something that is alien to Igbo culture madridguy even the feudal mindset of the northern class's won't allow a sitting governor to make his immediate family a successor ...madridguy believe this or not 95% Igbo's are sympathetic to biafra and Rocha's remains the only governor that has not spilled the blood of any Biafra on the street yet as long as you have any affiliation to buhari brother you are seen as a saboteur if you like bring heaven to the east , you are a NO NO
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Jokerman(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2018
Throwback:
So you would have actually rejoiced if the people of Ekiti got stuck with ponmo commissioning and stomach infrastructure?

The PDP candidate had nothing to campaign with since him and his boss had nothing tangible to boast of besides fear mongering of Fulani herdsmen, as though the APC was not already ruling allover the SouthWest.

Indeed, if PDP is the alternative to Buhari, then Buhari will return to power, because we have all decided that we are not ready to start on a clean slate with new ideas.

Eventually, all those who have been wailing have only proven that they are just PDP sycophants who do not care about the country or development, but just want their own party back in power to share the national cake as they deem fit.

PDP will never have my vote, as I fail to see the logic in returning PDP to power after devoting so much resources to unlock their kleptomaniac grip from power just 4years ago.

Bro... I support what you said... I'm no supporter of Buhari, buh if we Nigerians aren't ready for a clean slate, then let's continue with him....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by diegwu02: 11:28am On Jul 15, 2018
papoudaupolos:

I'm more than happy to hear that you are in this miserable state today. To God be the glory.

Light will continue to shine over darkness
True God will vanquish the false God
Lies will grow but not blossom
Hatred is a disease
We ll always triumph over our enemies.
Failure is our enemies potion here and hereafter

WOE ONTO OUR ENEMIES
may God bring peace and stability btwn all nations in this country

4 Likes

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by AfonjaBoston: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
ecactly oga salam , the rigging was perfected yesterday. well it will be challenged by the court of competent jurisprudence. it was perfected rigged over night. Apc knows that the results isn't in their favour yesterday, so they do the needful. i still maintain stand, fayose is a movement in ekiti state. it will be challenge in the court.

You go still do propaganda for osun ?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by AfonjaBoston: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2018
Johnnyessence:
ecactly oga salam , the rigging was perfected yesterday. well it will be challenged by the court of competent jurisprudence. it was perfected rigged over night. Apc knows that the results isn't in their favour yesterday, so they do the needful. i still maintain stand, fayose is a movement in ekiti state. it will be challenge in the court.

LoL
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by FarahAideed: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2018
Sad day bro
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Throwback: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2018
slimghost:

I am shocked you typed this. Name the people that ran PDP for 16years and you will dicover that about 90% of them are now in APC. PDP is made up of people, so put the blames on the people and not a name PDP.

What we are even asking is for fairness and justice. People's votes should count. Was it not how APC came into power?. Burahi with his undemocratic tendencies should never get a vote from a sane Nigerian in 2019. IF PDP produced a candidate with better ideology and plans, I will vote for him/her. Only a madman will waste his vote on the failure called Buhari.

I am even more shocked that those who want APC or Buhari out are only doing so to return a failed PDP and Atiku to power just 4years after we sacked them for their 16years of incompetence.

Does it require 16years for refineries to work?

Does it require 16years for electricity to be constant?

Why in this world would I sack a Fulani man for another Fulani, and then return the kleptomaniac PDP to power?

PDP is only parading fellow Fulanis like Buhari, so why would I want them to come spend longer than what Buhari/North has left?

Where are all the Southerners in PDP to aspire to power?

Suddenly some who claim there was an imaginary southern unity, are already spoiling to be vice president to a Fulani as we have always known them to be perpetual slaves of the North since independence.

I am not deceived.

If we want to continue on the old arrangement of recycled politicians, then my anti-PDP stance remains steadfast and unshaken. Except of course, they present a Southern Saint.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by BluntBoy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2018
thewarrior72:

Where did you read that prior to the 2014 Osun gubernatorial election, Aregbesola was owing seven months salaries?

You all just come up with figures from the air.
Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by GavelSlam: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2018
thewarrior72:

Don' t let me call u igno.ramus. jeudaism and christianity is one and thesame, while one is the old the other is the new.

I know u must be thinking that judaism and christianity are like SHIA and SUNNI muslim who are constantly killing each other?.......oh i forgot to add WAHABIS in between and all the rest of other factions of the terror religion call islam.

How can you say Judaism and Christianity are the same when the Jews don't believe in Christ?

In fact, it's funny that even the muslims acknowledge him.

Do Christians read the Talmud or conduct Bar Mishva's?

And you have the audacity to call someone ignorant.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by BluntBoy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
thewarrior72:

Judaism and Christianity are not the same. They are merely from the same source just like Islam hence the reason why Judaism, Christianity and Islam are referred to as Abrahamic religions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Deeply Depressed About The Ekiti Elections. by Kdon2: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
mrsfavour:
honestly I have been thinking same way, how can a sane Nigeria still queue up and vote for APC govt while we are suffering? it means Buhari will continue and the suffering continues. Not that I hate PMB but his way of governance is what is causing trouble. God help Nigeria.

We are going into a second round of suffering only thing is the first tenure is going to be a child's play compared to the second. this time its going to be total tyranny! Nigeria is doomed. The man has no plan for Nigeria,just ethnic advancement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Iran Just Score An Own Goal / Peter Obi Built All These Without Borrowing Still Saved #75 Billion(photos) / Tinubu’s Transition Committee List: Early Lesson In Inclusivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.