Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) (96599 Views)

U.K. Police Officer Arrested Lady, Raped Her, Burnt & Dumped Her Body In Pond / Ebonyi Lady Raped To Death By Her Brother After He Took Man Power / Lady Raped To Death In Front Of A Church In Benue (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by jaksmillioniar: 1:52am On Jul 16, 2018
cococandy:
according to the killers, they killed her because they found out she she was a Virgin and they wanted to use her for rituals

So fvcking stupid cry
am sorry cocobeauty i feel so sad. dis thing make me feel pains cos rape is a bad thing she never deserve dis

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by Elicia1(m): 2:19am On Jul 16, 2018
People are very wicked �����
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by cococandy(f): 5:07am On Jul 16, 2018
jaksmillioniar:
am sorry cocobeauty i feel so sad. dis thing make me feel pains cos rape is a bad thing she never deserve dis
thank you
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by cococandy(f): 5:14am On Jul 16, 2018
May your wisdom be enough that nothing ever happens to you since you’re wiser than everyone who’s ever had bad luck.

Obviously God loves you more than he loves those who have passed on. You’re also more decent than her. She must have been showing herself off and dressing immodestly to attract the evil men. (this is someone you don’t even know). May God have mercy on you. A woman speaking like this about another unfortunate woman. Smh

If only you know how disgustingly self righteous you sound, you will keep quiet.

victorian:

Am safe from the hands of evil or evil men because I have God's huge grace in my life, i know who I am in Christ Jesus. Am the apples of God eyes, u can choose to disbelieve, it doesn't change anything with my stance with God. If one serve God in truth and spirit, nothing bad will befall the person . that's one belief I have and it's been working with me from Birth till date.

Secondly, I have common sense to know night crawling or travelling at night is not for me. Cause danger lurk out there in the dark. And one can easily be kidnapped in the dark, than broad daylight. If one is kidnapped during broad daylight ? It means the person has scores to settle with someone or with some people.

And thirdly am not a show off to attract thieves , kidnappers or rapist. I dress modestly, I don't behave am better than the other person everywhere I go. And lastly my looks and the spirituality in me repel such evil men.. Which am so grateful also to God.. Honestly u don't know how grateful I am.

Now back to the topic, what stops her from waiting till morning before travelling back home? What's the hurry for? Someone with common sense suppose know late night movement is completely bad! It's completely bad. She placed her life in chance. Next time she's come back to life in another form, if it's a woman again. She will be careful walking at night.

You feel so entitled men shouldn't harm women, even if they dress half naked or walk at night. I agree but unfortunately, we are in a world, where evil exist in full glare, whether we want to acknowledge it or not. There is pure evil out there waiting for whom to devour. And the only way u can be safe is through God and Pure Wisdom, nothing more. I can go on and on but lemme stop here.

Once again may her soul. Rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by victorian(f): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2018
cococandy:
May your wisdom be enough that nothing ever happens to you since you’re wiser than everyone who’s ever had bad luck.

Obviously God loves you more than he loves those who have passed on. You’re also more decent than her. She must have been showing herself off and dressing immodestly to attract the evil men. (this is someone you don’t even know). May God have mercy on you. A woman speaking like this about another unfortunate woman. Smh

If only you know how disgustingly self righteous you sound, you will keep quiet.

So I sound self righteous, Shey? Eeyah
Well u were the one pushing it, so I had to give you my concrete reasons why mine is different from hers. We all have different destinies and we are all going to die different ways and at different times. Am not her, I am me Victorian. The way u are going to die when the time comes will be different from the way I will die during my own time. So quit this your drama abeg. It's unnecessary. It has happened, just wish her rest in peace and let her rest in peace. No need to be dramatic and keep dragging it.

People should just learn to be careful and protective with themselves. This is Nigeria, not abroad. The earlier u realise it, the better.

This is Monday, work starts again today. Let's focus on the work of today and quit complaining about the dead. Anyways am done with this back and forth arguments with u, duty calls. Typical of some nairalanders, one must accept their theory byforce , forgetting this is a public forum where different views and thoughts are aired freely. It's your duty to read and move on. Not enforce your reasoning on someone cause in your mind somewhere u feel, u are right.. Well to me, you are just unnecessarily emotional without thinking straight on what surrounds her death.
Do have a great day, am out of this death thread. Bye.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by Codes151(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2018
Forensics kill us....

Smh... Nigeria sha
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by openmine(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2018
victorian:

Well u were the one pushing it, so I had to give you my concrete reasons why mine is different from hers. We all have different destinies and we are all going to die different ways and at different times. Am not her, I am me Victorian. The way u are going to die when the time comes will be different from the way I will die during my own time. So quit this your drama abeg. It's unnecessary. It has happened, just wish her rest in peace and let her rest in peace. No need to be dramatic and keep dragging it.

People should just learn to be careful and protective with themselves. This is Nigeria, not abroad. The earlier u realise it, the better.

This is Monday, work starts again today. Let's focus on the work of today and quit complaining about the dead. Anyways am done with this back and forth arguments with u, duty calls. Typical of some nairalanders, one must accept their theory byforce , forgetting this is a public forum where different views and thoughts are aired freely. It's your duty to read and move on. Not enforce your reasoning on someone cause in your mind somewhere u feel, u are right.. Well to me, you are just unnecessarily emotional without thinking straight on what surrounds her death.
Exactly!
Sublime response!
....those commenting are doing so out of emotions without checking the root cause of her death!
Emotions though required,can not bring up solutions to the kidnapping or armed robbery incidence!
Just give them 5days and all their crocodile tears will disappear and they will continue with life as if nothing happened!
No precaution taken!
No solutions made!
Yet when some one offers safety measures,they get all emotional and start spewing rubbish from their untamed mouth!
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by Jamorezzi: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
Kill them
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by cococandy(f): 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
May your safety measures keep you safe
openmine:

Exactly!
Sublime response!
....those commenting are doing so out of emotions without checking the root cause of her death!
Emotions though required,can not bring up solutions to the kidnapping or armed robbery incidence!
Just give them 5days and all their crocodile tears will disappear and they will continue with life as if nothing happened!
No precaution taken!
No solutions made!
Yet when some one offers safety measures,they get all emotional and start spewing rubbish from their untamed mouth!
Smh
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by cococandy(f): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
Yea. Let’s hope your perfect sense of reasoning, your excellent wisdom and God’s special love for you over those who have died will keep you safe forever.

I’m being emotional over someone I know who was brutally killed? Please what am I supposed to be? Happy and all business-like about it? Someone of you dimwits just regurgitate what you have seen several dummies say on NL and repeat it without knowing how it applies to the situation. If this case is not emotional, I don’t know what is.

Madam logical and wise who doesn’t have enough logic in her to know that what happened to this girl could have happened to anyone regardless of time and place. Keep living in your sense of faux security and keep blaming the poor dead girl.

If unfortunately the same fate befalls you, those on this thread agreeing with you will call you careless or promiscuous or whatever thay can tell themselves to convince everyone that you deserved it. Those of us who are ‘emotional’ will recognize that you didn’t deserve it and that it could have been any one of us regardless of God’s love for us or how decently we were dressed (which is actually logical compared to baseless illogical religious beliefs).

Foot soldiers of misogyny. Your kind are the worst.
victorian:

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by openmine(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
cococandy:
May your safety measures keep you safe
@cococandy....we don't have a security platform in nigeria!
some weeks ago,a corper was shot dead at abuja by a security outfit that was established to serve and protect her!

Caution is for now the most important measure we can employ in our psych whether during the day or night!
Its unfortunate that your class mate and friend was at the wrong PLACE at the wrong TIME!
We can only seek to protect ourselves by being cautious and weary of our movement and timing until we have a better security structure in Nigeria!

For now,we can either learn from the unfortunate incident that happened to her and become wiser or keep wallowing in self-pity! The choice is urs!
And yes i advocate for self-safety measures which is a survival instinct or do you have a better idea or solution?

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by cococandy(f): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
Let’s talk about that security platform

I’m assuming you think in developed countries where the security is better girls are safe from this. Well to an extent maybe but to show you how being in the right place at the right time is still not enough. An acquaintance here in Washington was going to her mailbox to get her mail and was almost grabbed by two men who drove by her in a car. Right in from of her house. In the middle of Washington summer where it’s daylgiht until 9:00pm. If they had succeeded, she would be among the many missing girls everyone is looking for in America today. So the problem is not girls being in the wrong place at the wrong time, The fundamental problem is the idea that women are prey and should carry themselves like preys.

And you people coming on here to analyze why she died and how she could have prevented her own death is not only misogynistic, it is highly insensitive to the grieving. This is not the time and place to share your ‘smart’ ideas. It is victim blaming at its finest. Something that diminishes the plight of the deceased and makes it their fault.

If you’re going to derail the thread with ideas, talk about how we should raise better men who don’t see women as prey.

Oh I have another idea. When you see a thread about someone who had an unfortunate experience at the hands of another evil human being, if you must contribute, console them or those who know them. Recognize the injustice they have suffered and state it. It helps with closure for those who know them. Don’t use it as an opportunity to add insult to injury by finding the little ways they are responsible for their own tragedy.

I wish you continued safety

openmine:

Madam cococandy....we don't have a security platform in nigeria!
some weeks ago,a corper was shot dead at abuja by a security outfit that was established to serve and protect her!

Caution is for now the most important measure we can employ in our psych whether during the day or night!
Its unfortunate that your class mate and friend was at the wrong PLACE at the wrong TIME!
We can only seek to protect ourselves by being cautious and weary of our movement and timing until we have a better security structure in Nigeria!

For now,we can either learn from the unfortunate incident that happened to her or keep wallowing in self-pity! The choice is urs!
And yes i advocate for self-safety measures which is a survival instinct or do you have a better idea or solution?

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by openmine(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
cococandy:
Let’s talk about that security platform

I’m assuming you think in developed countries where the security is better girls are safe from this. Well to an extent maybe but to show you how being in the right place at the right time is still not enough. An acquaintance here in Washington was going to her mailbox to get her mail and was almost grabbed by two men who drove by her in a car. Right in from of her house. In the middle of Washington summer where it’s daylgiht until 9:00pm. If they had succeeded, she would be among the many missing girls everyone is looking for in America today. So the problem is not girls being in the wrong place at the wrong time, The fundamental problem is the idea that women are prey and should carry themselves like preys.

Do you really understand the meaning of a security platform?
Do you also know that the first form of security is that which you acquire for yourself?
This your narrative actually buttresses my point about being "safety conscious" esp being a lady in a world where women are portrayed as sex symbols!
Even in a safer clime,you are your number one security...no one can secure you more than yourself esp a lady no matter how you want to see it...how much more an isolated area where some one(esp a lady) will venture into during the wee hours of the night(9pm is considered in some areas as lights out)
As much as we can never be too careful and prudent,we must still endeavor to do so likewise!
Your own security is paramount and solely your responsibility!

cococandy:

And you people coming on here to analyze why she died and how she could have prevented her own death is not only misogynistic, it is highly insensitive to the grieving. This is not the time and place to share your ‘smart’ ideas. It is victim blaming at its finest. Something that diminishes the plight of the deceased and makes it their fault.

Have you ever written a crime report or technical report or any kind of report before?
Thats where causes,blames and recommendations are outlined in order to ensure such scenario does not repeat itself again!
Analysis and causes of death will be revealed,lessons will be derived and individuals here esp ladies will learn from such a horrible incident!
That is what i am trying to advocate!

This is not the first time such horrible incident as callous as this has happened in our society(there are some unheard of)
However,the nigerian society has unfortunately engrossed itself on "temporary emotions" only to forget that such horrifying incident ever happened!
If i may ask....how has your emotions or pity for the victim been able to secure or reduce the rate of kidnapping and rape cases in the country?
Is that your humongous solution to the recurring kidnapping and armed robbery cases bedeviling our society?
our society needs proactive people and not reactive and temporarily emotional folks!

cococandy:

If you’re going to derail the thread with ideas, talk about how we should raise better men who don’t see women as prey.

In other words,to stop raping and armed robbery incidence or any kind of vices against women,we should raise better men leaving our women because according to cococandy,all women are angels and victims right? smh sad
And yet you call me a misogynist?
Well raising better men and women is a product of a fully functional family structure but thats a topic for another day!
But if raising better men is your solution to the reduction of such killings,then i have nothing but pityfor your intellectual capability...i can only wish you luck with such ideologies!

cococandy:

[s]Oh I have another idea. When you see a thread about someone who had an unfortunate experience at the hands of another evil human being, if you must contribute, console them or those who know them. Recognize the injustice they have suffered and state it. It helps with closure for those who know them. Don’t use it as an opportunity to add insult to injury by finding the little ways they are responsible for their own tragedy.
[/s]

Smh....At first,You started off well after your initial flurry of back to back insults at my person...and i thought for a while that i was beginning to have a productive conversation with a reasonable and rational individual not knowing i was going to witness yet another emotional trash coupled with indirect and unprovoked insults at me....What a baseless and irrelevant idea emanating from such uncontrolled emotions...
When i say your likes don't peruse comments,you will think am insulting you...Please swallow ur useless pride,go back to my initial comments and slowly show me where i only blamed her without giving out my condolences to her family...infact that was the last thing i stated explicitly!

At times,conversing with individuals who reason with uncontrollable emotions leaving behind their brain box can be so challenging and a total waste of time!
I have a very firm advise for you and your emotionally tensed and misguided likes...Next time read before attempting to react or attack the person! Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion just like you!
No be you get nairaland!

cococandy:

I wish you continued safety
Again with this your broken like record and stale phrase?
Of course....are you expecting anything different?
Your constant yapping wont change the fact that being safety conscious is the best policy esp in country where security is almost on a life support!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by MACDONALDuzoma: 10:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
cococandy:

Me and her went to secondary school together. Stayed in the same class

This is so sad cry
that means u went to owerri gals dear. Chai what a wicked world
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by cococandy(f): 12:35am On Jul 17, 2018
MACDONALDuzoma:
that means u went to owerri gals dear. Chai what a wicked world

Yes I did. Head girl of 2007 set, so most of them will know me.

It is indeed a wicked world
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by MarieSucre(f): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2018
openmine:

Madam....For the fact that she arrived 9pm from rivers state simply means she knew the terrain and had been going there just around that time!

Okay let's say she was going there for the first time to see some one,common sense should have told her to call the person she went to see around that time!

I may be wrong but there could have been better and wiser ways to get home around that period instead of using a bike!

Secondly,if you want to survive in a country called Nigeria,you must be wise and prudent!
You must know the kind of cab you are entering or the kind of hotel you are lodging or the kind of bus you are using....

Understand my line of thought....will I pass through it at that PARTICULAR TIME?
Am not saying you won't go but when you know that thugs disturb at ur place,you should try as much as possible to arrive earlier or the estate should ask security men to station around that particular area!

Every fish can decide to stray once in a while to uncharted territories and get eaten up by another.....hence its important for such fist to stay at its territory.... same thing applies to all animals!
once an animal strays from its herd,it gets ambushed,attacked and eaten by another bigger animal!

You are still calling out problems rather than solutions.....
secondly,how many ubers have done such?
Does that stop people from getting into an uber?
you were also not in the hotel to know what transpired...I might be tempted to say you are also speculating because you only read what the news said.....

I also disagree with you on tagging prudence and wisdom as empty words....
These are instincts that are activated for survival!
Wisdom is profitable to direct......
if you said they are empty words,if i may ask....what have you been using right from your childhood till now?

I am in the confines of my home!
wisdom and prudence ensures that my doors are closed and well protected from bandits!
if an armed robber or hoodlum dares to come into my abode,I will defend my self and do any thing necessary!
That's as simple as that!
What would you do?
she will try her best to what To tell the driver to speed so that if arm bandits do not kill her road accident will? there How do you arrive early do your travelling from Lagos to Abuja? How do you arrive early if you're travelling from Niger to Port Harcourt? Please answer this.
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by openmine(m): 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
MarieSucre:

she will try her best to what To tell the driver to speed so that if arm bandits do not kill her road accident will? there How do you arrive early do your travelling from Lagos to Abuja? How do you arrive early if you're travelling from Niger to Port Harcourt? Please answer this.
Pardon me but this your writings are uncoordinated...
Maybe you were tensed or in a hurry while typing....
Take a deep breath....Relax....go back to your latest comments and quote my comments so that i can respond accordingly...Thanks!

MarieSucre:

How do you arrive early if you're travelling from Niger to Port Harcourt? Please answer this.

Madam MarieSucre.....Like i said before,its all about planning,timing and a little bit of common sense.....Which i know very well that you have in abundance!
If you want to be in naija...survival is key!
Its not every time you make such lengthy trips right?
If am travelling from the northern part of the country to the south,i must be prepared to either sleep in the bus or make arrangements for extra cash to get a suitable hotel to pass the night or a personal Cab to take me to my destination.....Or better still,save enough to take an air plane to get there on time!
You may think that's quite expensive travelling by air...but if i may ask....which is more valuable:Your money or your life?

Now this is totally different from a shorter distance from Rivers state to Imo state that takes approximately 2hours to arrive!
No matter the traffic gridlock,if you leave earlier,you can still get to imo state before nightfall!

Don't get me wrong...what happened to that lady was so unfortunate and horrible...However,we cant keep dwelling on the death of people with RIP everyday..Its very stale and unimaginative...Now is the time for solutions to this recurring menace not emotions!
Most of the deaths that are either reported or heard of in Nigeria could have been avoided with a greater degree of security measures!
If we don't outline or address the possible causes,blame and recommendations of a recurring incident for future occurrence,more ladies will sadly keep dying and you will come here to type RIP sad

What you and some of the folks that are reacting impulsively on my mentions don't really comprehend is the fact that our country's security system is virtually non existent hence its solely up to YOU to ensure your safety in this country!
In simple terms,Your security whether you chose to believe it or not is Your responsibility!
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by MarieSucre(f): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
openmine:

Pardon me but this your writings are uncoordinated...
Maybe you were tensed or in a hurry while typing....
Take a deep breath....Relax....go back to your latest comments and quote my comments so that i can respond accordingly...Thanks!

Madam MarieSucre.....Like i said before,its all about planning,timing and a little bit of common sense.....Which i know very well that you have in abundance!
If you want to be in naija...survival is key!
Its not every time you make such lengthy trips right?
If am travelling from the northern part of the country to the south,i must be prepared to either sleep in the bus or make arrangements for extra cash to get a suitable hotel to pass the night or a personal Cab to take me to my destination.....Or better still,save enough to take an air plane to get there on time!
You may think that's quite expensive travelling by air...but if i may ask....which is more valuable:Your money or your life?

Now this is totally different from a shorter distance from Rivers state to Imo state that takes approximately 2hours to arrive!
No matter the traffic gridlock,if you leave earlier,you can still get to imo state before nightfall!

Don't get me wrong...what happened to that lady was so unfortunate and horrible...However,we cant keep dwelling on the death of people with RIP everyday..Its very stale and unimaginative...Now is the time for solutions to this recurring menace not emotions!
Most of the deaths that are either reported or heard of in Nigeria could have been avoided with a greater degree of security measures!
If we don't outline or address the possible causes,blame and recommendations of a recurring incident for future occurrence,more ladies will sadly keep dying and you will come here to type RIP sad

What you and some of the folks that are reacting impulsively on my mentions don't really comprehend is the fact that our country's security system is virtually non existent hence its solely up to YOU to ensure your safety in this country!
In simple terms,Your security whether you chose to believe it or not is Your responsibility!

Sir, there is no amount of planning that will help you arrive early if you travel from Niger to Lagos or Abuja to Portharcourt.

loool Yes you're right. I was probably rushing. Thank you for noticing and correcting it.
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by openmine(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
MarieSucre:

Sir, there is no amount of planning that will help you arrive early if you travel from Niger to Lagos or Abuja to Portharcourt.
Madam....I said Planning,timing and common sense....having it at the back of your mind that your security is your responsibility!
I also explained that quite explicitly what you should do if you get to your destination at the wee hours of the night!

MarieSucre:

loool Yes you're right. I was probably rushing. Thank you for noticing and correcting it.
It some times happens...You are welcome!
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by ThaThinka: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
openmine:
9pm in the night?
Na wa ohhh

As much as I want to say RIP to her and sympathize with the family,there is no way she won't be blamed for her untimely demise!
In fact she caused her death...she was at the wrong path at the wrong time!

What was so important for her to do at home or school that made her travel at that odd hour to IMO state?

Just as I believe that God is protecting and ordering our steps every now and then,I still believe that we also have a role to play.....

Common sense should have fallen on her that this night travel that she was always embarking on is risky and should be curbed or stopped outrightly!

To whom life is freely given to,common sense is expected!

Night travel or movement esp in Nigeria is not advisable no matter how secured or fortified your abode is....

This should serve as a lesson to the living esp those who like to embark on night journeys!

Advise no be curse!

My condolences to the parents!

No, sir, you don't blame the dead. It makes no difference, by the way.

Yes, it is a bad idea to move around at night, especially so for a lady. This is a dark country in every way you might want to take that. But note that different factors could cause you to be out later than expected.

I remember when I was going to orientation camp for the NYSC years back. I left home here in Lagos for Akwa Ibom very early in the morning. You may not believe that I arrived Uyo in the night and the orientation camp was in another local government.

I am not the night type and I always try to avoid being in strange places in the dark. But on that occasion I had to continue on my journey in that darkness since I knew no one in that state and had no money for hotel accommodation. I just kept praying silently in my mind for protection.

Now, imagine I was a lady and something like this had happened. Do you think it'd be right to blame me?

I pray may God rest her soul and deal appropriately with all evil doers in this country. May He console her loved ones.

And those of you pointing fingers at Ibos, shut up! Evil men are everywhere! Who knows if some of you are among. By the way, I am one of those you derogatorily (in your mind) call Afonja. We just have to be objective.
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by openmine(m): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
ThaThinka:

No, sir, you don't blame the dead. It makes no difference, by the way.

Bro i get your drift but this is a public forum where emotions are not only discussed but the way forward should be taken into consideration...with that i mean,coming up with possible causes,blame and recommendation in order to warn others(esp ladies) not to toe that same path esp those who believe that they can confidently move in the night no matter the time!
Remember,this is not the first time that we have witnessed the death of ladies who were travelling around that route....Unfortunately,our security system have been unable to come up with lasting solutions to this recurring decimal hence,personal security is paramount at this stage!
And no i didn't totally heap the entire blame on the deceased lady.....!

ThaThinka:

Yes, it is a bad idea to move around at night, especially so for a lady. This is a dark country in every way you might want to take that. But note that different factors could cause you to be out later than expected.

I agree...and i also admit that no matter how security conscious that you are,bad things may still occur...However,that is still no excuse to take your personal security for granted!
I have discovered that most of the problems and issues that Nigerians have encountered could have been avoided or not happened at all had they put in place basic safety or security measures....Road accidents,armed robbery,etc

ThaThinka:

I remember when I was going to orientation camp for the NYSC years back. I left home here in Lagos for Akwa Ibom very early in the morning. You may not believe that I arrived Uyo in the night and the orientation camp was in another local government.

I am not the night type and I always try to avoid being in strange places in the dark. But on that occasion I had to continue on my journey in that darkness since I knew no one in that state and had no money for hotel accommodation. I just kept praying silently in my mind for protection.

Now, imagine I was a lady and something like this had happened. Do you think it'd be right to blame me?

I understand....i also went for service in a far away state specifically from rivers state to ekiti state....and i know i spent 7 hours on the road trying to get to the ekiti orientation camp....Mind you,i didn't only pray but i also made plans just in case!

God only rewards those who PRAY AND PLAN not those who PRAY AND STAY INERTIA!

i got there by 5:30pm considering the traffic jam that i witnessed and the fact that i had to join another bus from ondo state to ekiti state....

Now this case,the deceased lady in question had a shorter distance to ply(Rivers state to imo state is roughly 2hours)

I know this because i have travelled on several occasions to imo state so i know the terrain and how porous the security system is over there!
So knowing the situation around that area considering that its very remote,why not travel earlier to your destination considering the fact that the journey is not like that of going from lagos to kano or lagos to rivers state?

A relative of mine went left port-harcourt to a south eastern state to attend a wedding and could not go back home considering the time that she left the wedding venue....she had to spend a night in one of the hotels and left the next day!

ThaThinka:

I pray may God rest her soul and deal approximately with all even doers in this country. May He console her loved ones.

That's what we all pray for...However,a wise man once said that we always pray for what God has empowered us to do!
In other words,there is something that you and i can do...which is to encourage and advocate that we take our personal security very seriously!

If prayers only could save or protect us,then why do we shut our doors when we sleep or when we go out for work?
God does not respond to "empty" prayers...!
Its time for action not just prayers!

ThaThinka:

And those of you pointing fingers at Ibos, shut up! Evil men are everywhere! Who knows if some of you are among. By the way, I am one of those you derogatorily (in your mind) call Afonja. We just have to be objective.

Its a norm to expect such from a public forum......Don't expect everyone to think or empathize like you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by Eudybaybi: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
Is it okay to post the picture of someone when he/she is already dead? Some one posted a picture of a nude dead person here claiming it is that of Cynthia Dike. It could be, It could not be but I think it is not fair....not just her, in every other similar case.

Cynthia, may your soul rest in Peace. You are just like a younger sister to me. There is no time I come home that we do not see. I cannot say it all. It is so painful that even the villages are not safe anymore unlike before. I am sure it is your harmless nature that made you not to think that boys in an area you are used to, can harm you and that is why some people here are blaming you for traveling at night.

It is true you are gentle in nature, but your spirit has already started fishing out your killers and I believe it will not rest until justice is done. No matter how wrong you were with night journey thing, if God did not allow it, the story would have been a different one; even if it means finding you in a coma and resuscitating you in a hospital ........

So we are trying to resign to his will, so so difficult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by XAUBulls: 11:48am On Mar 20, 2023
ChangeIsCostant:
This is really sad. A young lady identified as Cynthia Dike was gruesomely killed by some hoodlums who disguised themselves as commercial motorcyclists in Imo state. It was gathered that the deceased was on her way to her house in Imo state after visiting her aunt in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state before she met her untimely end at the hands of the hoodlums.

The victim who was coming back from Port-Harcourt by nine in the night, entered the suspects’ bike at Ulakwo junction. .The hoodlums took her to Umueme Ngor, where she was kept hostage, raped, robbed of her cash and eventually murdered and her nude body was dumped in a forest at Umueme Ngor-Okpala. .

Through intelligence gathering, David Ndubuisi , 24 , of the Ngor Okpala Local Government Area, Chinonso Akabisi, 26 , of the Isiala Mbano LGA, and Christian Chukwuka, 24, of the Oguta LGA were arrested for their involvement in the kidnap and killing of Cynthia Dike of the Ngor Okpala LGA on June 15 , 2018 .”

According to the commissioner of police, Dasuki Galandanchi, one motorcycle, two knives, one hand bag and mobile phones belonging to the victim and other kidnap victims were recovered .

The suspects who were paraded along with other criminal elements - will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/photos-of-cynthia-dike-who-was-robbed-raped-and-killed-in-imo.html
Bump.

Gosh!

It's good the criminals in Imo who did this were tracked down to prevent a repeat of that kind of crime. There is a rising trend of some women being attacked and raped in the bush at night by commercial bike gangs.

Be vigilant and avoid late night trips.
Re: Cynthia Dike: Lady Raped And Killed In Imo, Nude Body Dumped In A Bush (Graphic) by mysticwarrior(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
They must pay for their crime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Laetitia Naankang Dagan Is Dead! Assassinated In Abuja / Chidinma Ojukwu Smoking In A Video / Leaked Nudes Flood Social Media As Ladies Combat Blackmailers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.