Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings (45578 Views)

Arotile: We Will Release Findings On Sunday, Says NAF / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Civil Society Protests At US Embassy In Abuja (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by activistjohnny(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2018
smileyoo:
an un-biased mind that monitored this ekiti election 'll no doubt confirm that it was rigged in favour of apc. the powers at the centre, just want to capture ekiti state, at all cost. that explains the absolute intimidation they unleashed on the state, before and during the elections. even though pdp is not the best as a party, yet the people's wish ought to be upheld. its not good to support evil, based on clanish & party affiliations, and still expect goodness.the pdp candidate should head to the law courts, with the overwhelming evidences, to re-claim his mandate. if nigerians keep quite over this sham of election, that's how bubu 'll rig the 2019 elections, through federal might.
well pdp is heading to the tribunal. infact heavy SAN's and lawyers will be fully involved in the tribunal. just be patient. patient is the key.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by maestroferddi: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Zombies lack common sense

It was a sham
Dont argue with them.

They behave like sub-humans.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Goddex: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Who doesn't know the election was rigged...

Cc sarrki paperwhite ziggylady lzaa salamrushdie
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by BabaO2: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2018
perfectedmee:

I know but dey re wretched miserable souls that can sell dre conscience for a mere 4k.

You peoples should cover your face in shame. I never knew how impoverished your region is till thus election.

Suffersticated slowpoke's
ode, as if we didn't witness your people taking 1k each to vote for Jonathan in 2015.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by tboy2233: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2018
Johnnyessence:
of course eleka leads massively, but was overturned by the power of federal might overnight. why can't you read the press briefing of the pdp governorship candidate.
stop this lies it won't change anything, PDP became calm around 5pm in ikere and it's because they already heard reports from other local govt. Saying results changed overnight is a lie,fayose and his stooge was clearly rejected at d poll,PDP finish Ekiti and couldn't boast of any tangible achievement there
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by tboy2233: 11:44am On Jul 16, 2018
slimghost:
Read the comments here and see why Nigerians are sick people. Even when independent observers rejects the scam, some deadbrains still don't get it.
This is why Nigeria will continue to be a hellhole. A country full of imbeciles.
you're the slowpoke here by thinking we should all accept the stupid statement from some observer sponsored by fayose..I'm in Ekiti and fayose and his stooge was clearly rejected at d poll,this is to show that propaganda and lies don't win election
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2018
on ekiti eletion total vote cast. 316019. APC 197459 and PDP 178121 sum together 375580. APC well done,
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by activistjohnny(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2018
tboy2233:

stop this lies it won't change anything, PDP became calm around 5pm in ikere and it's because they already heard reports from other local govt. Saying results changed overnight is a lie,fayose and his stooge was clearly rejected at d poll,PDP finish Ekiti and couldn't boast of any tangible achievement there
lol really, but fayose and pdp is love by all. you are not from ekiti at all. well the court of law will decide the outcome of the poll. more evidences already have been compiled. well it was during fayose that ekiti state was ranked best state in neco results. isn't God merciful hmmmm. be civil next time ok.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Butterflyleo: 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
activistjohnny:
lol really, but fayose and pdp is love by all. you are not from ekiti at all. well the court of law will decide the outcome of the poll. more evidences already have been compiled. well it was during fayose that ekiti state was ranked best state in neco results. isn't God merciful hmmmm. be civil next time ok.

Johnnyessence aka Johnnyvid Will you just shut up you this non Ekiti indigene. You keep saying nonsense everywhere.

1) FAYOSE LOSE GOVERNMENT HOUSE POLLING UNIT

2) FAYOSE LOST HIS OWN LOCAL GOVERNMENT ( IREPODUN AND IFELODUN)

3). LERE OLAYINKA LOST HIS OWN POLLING UNIT IN OKEMESI.

So fayemi rigged them in their own polling units abi?

The handwriting of defeat was on the wall for FAYOSE to read all this while but he chose to ignore and deceive himself that we the Ekiti people loved him.

We were actually waiting for the 14th to take our own pound of flesh from him and we did so as one.

FAYOSE was imposed on us in 2014 and since then it has been pain and torture but today we rejoice because we are free.

Go and face your state and stop lamenting over my state. Our choice should not be causing you sleepless nights and high blood pressure na.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by BluntBoy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
jrusky:

You see your life little boy if you have followed my post ever you will realise I kept saying I'm not pdp and don't think I would be but you see that bitch party called apc I hate it with passion.

You see you are the sore brain dead little boy jamboree in a shameful election. at your age political party stunt had already blurred your senses and you reason upside down. Anyway I will be back to you.

Why are you so angry

Obviously, you are a sore loser grin
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by joe120120(m): 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
Johnnyessence:

https://leadership.ng/2018/07/15/ekiti-guber-coalition-of-observers-reject-results-to-release-findings-wednesday/

D civil society should deliver all they finding now instead for Buhari terrorist to start hunting them.
shame to nlc and all the civil society
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by activistjohnny(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Johnnyessence aka Johnnyvid Will you just shut up you this non Ekiti indigene. You keep saying nonsense everywhere.

1) FAYOSE LOSE GOVERNMENT HOUSE POLLING UNIT

2) FAYOSE LOST HIS OWN LOCAL GOVERNMENT ( IREPODUN AND IFELODUN)

3). LERE OLAYINKA LOST HIS OWN POLLING UNIT IN OKEMESI.

So fayemi rigged them in their own polling units abi?

The handwriting of defeat was on the wall for FAYOSE to read all this while but he chose to ignore and deceive himself that we the Ekiti people loved him.

We were actually waiting for the 14th to take our own pound of flesh from him and we did so as one.

FAYOSE was imposed on us in 2014 and since then it has been pain and torture but today we rejoice because we are free.

Go and face your state and stop lamenting over my state. Our choice should not be causing you sleepless nights and high blood pressure na.
if you are sure of what you are saying, oya post the results from polling units to another and let us see the differences. i have melt the likes of you here. just post it here and let us see it. not only that, post the results of polling unit of comrade lere olayinka. be civil ok.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by tboy2233: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
activistjohnny:
fayose was love by d gullible and because he has them in its grips with his propaganda and lies but guess what all of us cannot be fooled, you said I'm not 4rm Ekiti because I'm saying d truth? I heard a civil servant dat said he preferred to be owed a year salary to getting sack by fayemi(because of fayose lies that he's coming to sack workers) how can you expect people to vote someone that has not pay salary for d past 8months despite receiving allocation and bailout with only bridge and lock up shop to show for it? he wouldn't have gotten that much vote if not for propaganda using herdsmen and sacking of teachers
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by SenorFax(m): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
kolafolabi:
They should all stop making a noise..Fayemi is the winner..Fayose should get ready to face the full wrath of law..
Wrath of law for being a governor or for facing buhari??

Pls specify
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by paramakina202: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Still observing the election from far my own findings will soon be out.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by SenorFax(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
tboy2233:

fayose was love by d gullible and because he has them in its grips with his propaganda and lies but guess what all of us cannot be fooled, you said I'm not 4rm Ekiti because I'm saying d truth? I heard a civil servant dat said he preferred to be owed a year salary to getting sack by fayemi(because of fayose lies that he's coming to sack workers) how can you expect people to vote someone that has not pay salary for d past 8months despite receiving allocation and bailout with only bridge and lock up shop to show for it? he wouldn't have gotten that much vote if not for propaganda using herdsmen and sacking of teachers
Bros, I was in Ekiti during Fayemi's tenure. He sack many workers then, from local government to teachers and principals. Fayose took the workers back when he took over. Now tell me what he will do when he took back power. It's common sense.
By the way, hardly will you see government workers or teachers supporting fayemi. Most of his supporters are non salary earners who got nothing to loose.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by ejimatic: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
My attention has been drawn to a report in the Leadership paper on the above subject. The questions well meaning Nigerians would ask are as follows: Do the observers have the results in all the local governments? Who submitted the results to them? Do they substitute for INEC? Is their duty not only to observe and write eports? Did they visit all the local governments and wards? When it comes to inducement of voters can they differentiate between APC and PDP? How many people were harassed in their presence? is the coalition of observers different from Odunmakin led observers who described the election live on television as free and fair though with some minor hitches? How many people were killed or maimed in the local governments during the elections? Did both parties not induce voters? When did the coalition of observers become custodians of results..? Is the coalition report weightier than the police report on the matter? Finally the duty of observers is to look at the conduct of the election not keeping or getting results. As for the cases of harassment or inducement of voters they are all civil matters which hold no water at the tribunal. Objectively there is no criminal report in the Ekiti election that can warrant cancellation of the election. Therefore any submission of the coalition of observers is dead on arrival The wishes of the masses and voters as shown on the results are sacrosanct.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Butterflyleo: 12:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
activistjohnny:
if you are sure of what you are saying, oya post the results from polling units to another and let us see the differences. i have melt the likes of you here. just post it here and let us see it. not only that, post the results of polling unit of comrade lere olayinka. be civil ok.

I will oblige your request especially since I was on ground during the elections and you were not and also because I am an Ekiti indigene and you are not.

**** Edited***

This is Fayoses LGA

IREPODUN/ IFELODUN LGA

Igbemo Ward

APC 2,235

PDP 987

Iyin ward A

APC 2229

PDP 612

Iyin Ward B

APC 2218

PDP 743

Igede A

APC 1087

PDP 1330

Igede B

APC 891

PDP 1190

Igede C

APC 665

PDP 963

AWO

APC 1074

PDP 1002

Iro/ Eyio/ Esure

APC 937

PDP 1033

Iworoko

APC 1315

PDP 1140

ARE

APC 701

PDP 1095

AFAO

APC 517

PDP 1361

GRAND TOTAL

APC 13,869
PDP 11,456

Cc activistJohnny
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by tboy2233: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
SenorFax:

Bros, I was in Ekiti during Fayemi's tenure. He sack many workers then, from local government to teachers and principals. Fayose took the workers back when he took over. Now tell me what he will do when he took back power. It's common sense.
By the way, hardly will you see government workers or teachers supporting fayemi. Most of his supporters are non salary earners who got nothing to loose.
fayemi only transfer local government workers that's using nce certificate to school because of increasing number of local govt workers and d dwindling education sector as a result of lack of teachers, he never sack any principal, he only join d junior secondary and secondary school which has different principal and in d process one of d principal had to leave d post of a principal to other post, now tell how this is the same as sacking workers
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Butterflyleo: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lere olayinkas POLLING unit at Okemesi

APC 167

PDP. 39

Cc activistjohnny
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Butterflyleo: 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
GOVERNMENT HOUSE RESULT

APC 27

PDP 23

Cc activistjohnny
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Butterflyleo: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
activistjohnny:

I have posted all. Oya come and contest it if you can.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by ejimatic: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
Johnnyessence:
PRESS STATEMENT

Fellow citizens of Ekiti State
Leaders and members of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Election Monitoring Groups (Local and International)
Nigerians - Home and Abroad; and
The International Community

Greetings!

I REJECT THE INEC RESULTS OF THE JULY 14, 2018 EKITI GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION

You are all aware of the unfortunate and dangerous events of the past 24 hours, in which our governorship election was hijacked by political desperadoes leveraging on “Federal might” to pervert the electoral process, subvert the will of Ekiti people, and viciously steal the mandate willingly and freely given to me on a massive scale by our people.

PDP and I won the election overwhelmingly, receiving more than 70% of lawful votes cast and winning in almost all of the State’s 16 local government areas. I therefore reject the falsified results being bandied by the Independent National Electoral Commission, which purportedly gave the election to the All Progressives Congress and its Candidate; Dr. John Kayode Fayemi.

This is the most audacious electoral robbery of our recent history. It shall not stand. By the grace of Almighty God and your support, I will pursue and regain my mandate.

To rig this election, the APC leveraged on its well-advertised but patently obnoxious and anti-democratic “Federal might” to intimidate, harass, victimize, oppress, and brutalize PDP leaders, members, and the voting public all over Ekiti. This brutal and barbaric process, which started well before the election, did not spare Gov. Ayo Fayose and me; as the whole world had seen and had condemned. It is quite unfortunate that the harassment has continued even after the election.

On Saturday, July 14th, the security agencies and INEC upped the ante, threw all caution to the wind, went back on their promises to be impartial and to conduct credible elections; they sided with APC and Fayemi to the chagrin of our party, myself, and the good people of Ekiti State. Despite the alarm we had earlier raised, the security agencies not only supported but also supervised

• The indiscriminate arrest of our party leaders and agents

• The harassment and brutalization of voters on a massive scale, especially in Ado-Ekiti, Ikere and the suburbs

• Giving cover, tacit as well as active support to thugs imported into Ekiti by APC to snatch ballot boxes, create confusion, cause mayhem, and drive away voters in PDP strongholds

• Giving cover to APC agents as they financially and openly induced voters and bought votes at polling stations; and

• Driving away our polling agents from collation centres and illegal seizure of documents and materials in their possession, among many other infractions.

INEC on its own part reneged on its promise to have results counted, declared, and pasted on the wall of each polling station. There was nowhere INEC transmitted results from the polling centres as earlier promised. Ballot boxes were illegally moved to INEC offices while our agents were disallowed from following the process.

INEC also allowed late voting by APC in hideouts when it was obvious the figures still would not add up after all the infractions mentioned above. Still, when all of these shenanigans still failed to give them the figures they needed, they stopped the announcement of results ward-by-ward, caused a deliberate power outage at the collation centre, with no alternative source of power provided for a long time, and then wrote results in favour of APC and its candidate.

Without doubt, what has played out in Ekiti is the APC template for the 2019 General Election, where they have mapped out Rivers and Akwa Ibom as States they must capture at all costs, like they are now trying to do Ekiti. It is now left for the opposition and opposition figures, most especially presidential hopefuls in 2019, to stand up to be counted in the struggle to roll back President Muhammadu Buhari’s creeping fascism, or throw in the towel without a fight.

This is not just a sad day for Ekiti but also for democracy in Nigeria. Nothing demonstrates this better than the gloom that has enveloped our dear State since they announced their convoluted result. Ekiti mourns! But I ask our people not to be despondent but to keep hope alive, quoting the inimitable Chief MKO Abiola. This is another battle we will fight and win.

In doing this, however, I appeal to all Ekiti sons and daughters to eschew violence. They will try and provoke you but the good Lord will help you to keep calm.

Taking a cue from our great leader and democrat par excellence, ex-President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I wish to reiterate that my ambition is not worth the blood of a single Ekiti son or daughter.

We are not cultists and bloody hounds like them and shall therefore not allow them turn Ekiti into a killing field like they have done in the Middle Belt.
It remains for me to thank Ekiti for standing by me and our great party.

Our royal fathers and the Oloris, teachers, civil servants, Okada riders, Labour leaders, market women, artisans, and students – I appreciate your unflinching support. We thank every Nigerian desirous to see the growth and defence of our renascent democracy.

We thank the international community for their efforts and trust they will not let our people down in this their most trying moment.

Those bent on setting this country on fire for selfish reasons must be restrained and turned back by the international community, mindful of the recent experience of Rwanda, Kosovo, Liberia, Sierra-Leone, Cote D’Ivoire, to mention but a few.

The struggle has just started! I thank you.

Prof. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola Eleka (Deputy Governor, Ekiti State & PDP governorship Candidate)
My attention has been drawn to a report in the Leadership paper on the above subject. The questions well meaning Nigerians would ask are as follows: Do the observers have the results in all the local governments? Who submitted the results to them? Do they substitute for INEC? Is their duty not only to observe and write eports? Did they visit all the local governments and wards? When it comes to inducement of voters can they differentiate between APC and PDP? How many people were harassed in their presence? is the coalition of observers different from Odunmakin led observers who described the election live on television as free and fair though with some minor hitches? How many people were killed or maimed in the local governments during the elections? Did both parties not induce voters? When did the coalition of observers become custodians of results..? Is the coalition report weightier than the police report on the matter? Finally the duty of observers is to look at the conduct of the election not keeping or getting results. As for the cases of harassment or inducement of voters they are all civil matters which hold no water at the tribunal. Objectively there is no criminal report in the Ekiti election that can warrant cancellation of the election. Therefore any submission of the coalition of observers is dead on arrival The wishes of the masses and voters as shown on the results are sacrosanct.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Aystarz: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
slimghost:

Another deadbrain Nigerian. My job on earth is not to educate louts like you. If you don't know the meaning of 'independent observers', go and school yourself first before embarrassing your entire lineage.

Bla Bla Bla.... Una typical uncivilized NL dumbo. All they are good for are insults and rants. Now, run along kid.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by slimghost(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
tboy2233:

you're the slowpoke here by thinking we should all accept the stupid statement from some observer sponsored by fayose..I'm in Ekiti and fayose and his stooge was clearly rejected at d poll,this is to show that propaganda and lies don't win election

Yeah we should disregard the report of learned independent observers and believe that of a paid deadbrain APC lout. Lol. All these kids sef....no wonder the country is in a mass.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by slimghost(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Aystarz:

Bla Bla Bla.... Una typical uncivilized NL dumbo. All they are good for are insults and rants. Now, run along kid.

You just confirmed your deadbrain status. People like you are the exact mirror of what Nigeria looks like now.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by ejimatic: 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
The Ekiti people have with these results shown that they are educated and cannot be tossed around like grasses in the wind. Four years ago they went back to Egypt but today they are out of Egypt on the way to the promised land. Thanks to Ekiti people for collecting Eleka Olusola and Fayemi 's money and still voted according to their preferences and consciences. The money you all collected is our money. Spend it as you like. It is glarring that Fayose and his tatalong Eleka have lost the goodwill of people who are yet to see communal development they desire and effects of good governance on the masses. Ekiti with people cannot be deceived with stomach infrastructure again. Fayemi the governor elect should use his good intention to put smiles on Ekiti people. To whom much is given much is expected. I rejoice with the winner and sympathise with the loser. Thank you Ekiti .Thank you all the masses in the state. Thank you all the civil servants. Thank you all the youths and students. You are welcome to the promised land flowing with honey and milk.
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by tboy2233: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
slimghost:

Yeah we should disregard the report of learned independent observers and believe that of a paid deadbrain APC lout. Lol. All these kids sef....no wonder the country is in a mass.
mention d name of d so called "learned independent observer" old man who talk like a slowpoke,go and face ur state and let us determine our own future and
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by tboy2233: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
slimghost:

mention d name of d so called "learned independent observer" old man who talk like a slowpoke,go and face ur state and let us determine our own future
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by AfonjaBoston: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
Johnnyessence:
deomelo, you are still having this mindset hmmmm. oga ooooo.

Professor olusola eleka of pdp will win massively and convincely on july 14 governorship election. the voice of God is the voice of people. ekiti people are solidly behind fayose and professor olusola eleka of pdp. each and everyone will see the results of the poll
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
crazygod:
I wish before and after every election, all INEC commissioners can be made to swear that if they shortchanged the peoples vote, they will go mad in 24 hours.
I think they should just remove the I and let them be Nec we should know where we all fall to
Re: Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings by slimghost(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
tboy2233:

mention d name of d so called "learned independent observer" old man who talk like a slowpoke,go and face ur state and let us determine our own future

CLEEN foundation. Have you accepted that you are nothing but a paid deadbrain lout?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Speaks On Removal Of Orji Uzor Kalu's Name From Party's Register / The Moment Soldiers Were Ambushed By Bandits In The North West. (Video) / Things To Know About Prince Abubakar Audu (oct. 1947 – Nov. 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.