Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? (13706 Views)

I Just Bought This Animal From Some Boys, How Do I Prepare It? / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by gmaribel(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
INGREDIENTS FOR MY NIGERIAN WHITE SOUP:
1kg Meat (preferably goat meat)

2 medium sized Smoked catfish
1 Stock fish pack (Optional)
2 little slices of boiled yam for thickening
A handful chopped uziza leaves
1 teaspoon uziza seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon ground freshPepper (Scotch bonnet)
1 small Onion to boil the meat
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon palm oil (Optional)
2 seasoning cubes
water, enough to cover the meat after boiling, you can always adjust by adding some more water if soup is getting too thick.

Boil the meat with salt, 1 seasoning cube and onion only, add pepper and stock fish after it begins to boil.

when meat is tender enough, add just a drop of palm oil or a teaspoon. Just enough to make it look beautiful, (If the stock fish is the dark type that cooks fast, remove from heat before adding palm oil, and return when the soup is almost ready) otherwise you leave it white after all, that's the name.

Let meat cook until it's almost tender.

Add more water to the quantity of soup you want to make, enough to cover the almost cooked meat. Check for salt and seasoning. Cover and leave to boil.

Add the pounded 1 or 2 slices of boiled yam if you are using yam to thicken. If cocoyam (ede), add the pounded boiled cocoyam and the (bone picked) smoked fish.

Cover and leave to boil while you stir frequently until you are Ok with the thickness. Do not forget to stir almost continuously, that way the pounded yam or cocoyam in the pot gently disintegrates and thickens the soup

Check for thickness and salt before adding the washed, chopped hot leaf (uziza). If you like the uziza aroma stronger, pound and add the seeds too to enhance that flavor.

Stir, cover the pot and let the uziza simmer into the soup.

Turn off the heat and serve with your pounded yam.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by mokt(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
TATIME:
My hubby no allow me rest again since he ate white soup somewhere far from home.

I am not from there neither he,but he said enjoys the soup.please house how can I prepare it.
Please I need step by step method.
He said the soup is thicken with fish not pounded yam.pls help.

Get all ur preferred ingredients. Pound yam, boil water (the one u used to cook the Yam) put the Pounded yam inside like you do when frying Beans Cake ( Akara). put all ingredients with Oil, pepper. Cook and enjoy. Remember not to cover while coking.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by mokt(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
gmaribel:

Salt to taste
2 seasoning cubes
water, enough to cover the meat after boiling, you can always adjust by adding some more water if soup is getting too thick.

Boil the meat with salt, 1 seasoning cube and onion only, add pepper and stock fish after it begins to boil.

when meat is tender enough, add just a drop of palm oil or a teaspoon. Just enough to make it look beautiful, (If the stock fish is the dark type that cooks fast, remove from heat before adding palm oil, and return when the soup is almost ready) otherwise you leave it white after all, that's the name.

Add more water to the quantity of soup you want to make, enough to cover the almost cooked meat. Check for salt and seasoning. Cover and leave to boil.

Add the pounded 1 or 2 slices of boiled yam if you are using yam to thicken. If cocoyam (ede), add the pounded boiled cocoyam and the (bone picked) smoked fish.

Cover and leave to boil while you stir frequently until you are Ok with the thickness. Do not forget to stir almost continuously, that way the pounded yam or cocoyam in the pot gently disintegrates and thickens the soup

Check for thickness and salt before adding the washed, chopped hot leaf (uziza). If you like the uziza aroma stronger, pound and add the seeds too to enhance that flavor.

Catfish inside white soup. Wawuu!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Oblongata: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
gmaribel:

Salt to taste
2 seasoning cubes

thank you sir, thank God we still have some Nigerians with my moniker

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by nelsonebby(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
Is it egusi white soup you’re talking about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by emmie14: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Corinthians:
Go to youtube..

There are hundreds of videos there on how to make white soup
Keep quiet or ignore if you don't know. Is not a crime.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by justtoodark: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
what is white soup...?....

do you mean cream soup...?...

its white people things...you add plenty of milk to it....nasty as hell.....
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by MunorAnne(f): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Put in the water, pepper, seasoning, salt, fish, meat, kpomo, snails, prawns... In fact, put everytin in the pot and add white paint.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Fatherofdragons: 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
TATIME:
My hubby no allow me rest again since he ate white soup somewhere far from home.

I am not from there neither he,but he said enjoys the soup.please house how can I prepare it.

ha ofe Nsala

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by KingMicky3286: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
TATIME:

Okay.

White water
White onions
White maggi
White pot
White goat
White bone
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by donqx: 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
hmmm
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by nwaguy01: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
mokt:

i enjoy it with catfish
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by biggy26: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
TATIME:

https://www.poontoe.com/how-to-make-ofe-nsala-white-soup/
https://www.poontoe.com/how-to-make-afia-efere/

Learn all soups here, local and African. Your hubby will love you more!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
harlee:
I guess u weren't consecrating when mama was cooking

White soup has nothing to do with not concentrating in kitchen... Grow a brain
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Lilimax(f): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
mokt:

Yes you can use it if you like but I prefer the dried one smiley
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by DSDLIVEREPORT: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
So up till.now nobody fit help d poor babe with white soup recipe? Now somebody wan come use ketch up red jollof. Road really far
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by harlee(m): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2018
nurshah:

White soup has nothing to do with not concentrating in kitchen... Grow a brain
buy one for yourself first..

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 21, 2018
harlee:
I guess u weren't consecrating when mama was cooking

Mumu
If you don't have what to say keep your dirty mouth close with pad lock.

Mind you am not even related to the tribe that cook the soup.wishing to learn another people dish.
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 21, 2018
mimimile93:

I am not surprised dat dis question is coming from a lady.

Y'all ladies are good for nothing.

Anyway YouTube should be your friend.

You might be good for nothing,if you can't answer or you do not know the answer keep your dirty mouth close and use padlock to it.

If you are not from a place learning their food is a crime.
Mchtwwww
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by NewDelhi(m): 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
DSDLIVEREPORT:
So up till.now nobody fit help d poor babe with white soup recipe? Now somebody wan come use ketch up red jollof. Road really far
I was in a canteen recently and one dude was just screaming "madam gimme white soup"

" madam answer me now I say give me white soup".

" Madam white soup o answer me abi you wan make I die"

Had to Google and check nairaland what that shit is all about .
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2021
NewDelhi:

I was in a canteen recently and one dude was just screaming "madam gimme white soup"

" madam answer me now I say give me white soup".

" Madam white soup o answer me abi you wan make I die"

Had to Google and check nairaland what that shit is all about .
� the 'shit' white soup is about nature,Africa and is the real deal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets / Creative Food Pictures / Is Eating Out Cheaper Than Cooking At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.