Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Hijab In The United States - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab In The United States (17711 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab In The United States by vedaxcool(m): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji: ^Try and limit your use of the word 'hell' unless when referring to the place.

edited out!
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:31am On Mar 11, 2013
Ishilove:
Cos you are waving the baton and cracking it over our heads online. Its very obvious, you are regulating my speech, and if you had your way you'll do same offline.

I would most probably laugh at you in real life. Ironically, many Christians find me agreeable in real life .
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2013
vedaxcool:

edited out!

Thank you sir.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji:

I would most probably laugh at you in real life. Ironically, many Christians find me agreeable in real life .
So you only form Rambo online? Abajo! angry
Re: Hijab In The United States by vedaxcool(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2013
Ishilove:
You fail to get my point. I have no issue with the hijab. What makes my hackles rise are those garments that cover the woman's face. When I see a woman in hijab or habit, I automatically think 'religious woman'. I don't automatically give her respect because, for me, respect is earned.

Dude (Mac says I shouldn't use the N word), believe me when I say I am not in disfavour with God when I wear my simple skirt and blouse. I don't believe the more clothes you wear will earn you an elevated stand with God, NO. If it was by clothes alone, we won't have so much wickedness in the world.

Don't forget that some of these injunctions are man-made.

Well normal human beings accord religious people respect, you have gotten an answer you simply want to banter a little more, I said obeying God is paramount, when one obeys God, the person earn God favour, like obeying your dad or mum, obedient people people tend to enjoy favour from those they obey, it is that simple, hijab is a component of a long lists of does and don't s! i can repeat your statement as follows:

Woman ( Mac won't be happy if I use the B word), believe me when I say I am not in disfavour with God when I do not observe the Sabbath, I don;t believe the more you observe the Sabbath the more you have an elevated stand with God, no, if it was by Sabbath alone, we won't have so much wickedness in the world.

keep inventing straws to argue with, no muslim have said merely observing the use of hijab is enough, Islam has a wide variety of laws, being kind to ones neighbour, prayers, kindness, honesty, obeying God draws one closer to God! this is plain and simple!
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji: @Ishilove, mind your language.

So you have the exclusive right to 'challenge' the beliefs of christians even to the names our God calls Himself but we can't 'challenge' your beliefs on hijab?

Interesting!
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
bukatyne:

So you have the exclusive right to 'challenge' the beliefs of christians even to the names our God calls Himself but we can't 'challenge' your beliefs on hijab?

Interesting!

Read the posts after that. Comprehend?
Re: Hijab In The United States by Babadeen(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
vedaxcool:

[size=18pt]Well normal human beings accord religious people respect[/size], you have gotten an answer you simply want to banter a little more, I said obeying God is paramount, when one obeys God, the person earn God favour, like obeying your dad or mum, obedient people people tend to enjoy favour from those they obey, it is that simple, hijab is a component of a long lists of does and don't s! i can repeat your statement as follows:

Woman ( Mac won't be happy if I use the B word), believe me when I say I am not in disfavour with God when I do not observe the Sabbath, I don;t believe the more you observe the Sabbath the more you have an elevated stand with God, no, if it was by Sabbath alone, we won't have so much wickedness in the world.

keep inventing straws to argue with, no muslim have said merely observing the use of hijab is enough, Islam has a wide variety of laws, being kind to ones neighbour, prayers, kindness, honesty, obeying God draws one closer to God! this is plain and simple!

lol.....do you respect polytheists enganging in shirk despite it being their religion? Do you respect Wiccans that call themselves witches in their religion?

Normal people do not accord respect that is not earned. You dont earn respect by being religious.

This is how I know that a normal person shouldnt respect Vedaxcool's posts

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Babadeen:

lol.....do you respect polytheists enganging in shirk despite it being their religion? Do you respect Wiccans that call themselves witches in their religion?

Normal people do not accord respect that is not earned. You dont earn respect by being religious.

Lmao!! cheesy
Re: Hijab In The United States by vedaxcool(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
Babadeen:

Lol grin grin grin after difiguring ur thread on the best president ever, u truly have to follow me around shouting veda why? Logicboy u make barely intelligent and I have proven that to you over and over again, it is this ur abysmal display of intelligence that got canned https://www.nairaland.com/1059457/best-president-ever-atheist-uruguayan/2#14607629
14607629 and it is from this abysmal display of intelligence that u somehow became "sure" there is no God, offcourse u still want to make heaven despite disbelief that is why u jubilate when a catholic bishop says "u can make heaven" grin grin grin

whether vedaxcool respect a polytheist who claims to be religious person or not is not issue ( offcourse ishlove said , When I see
a woman in hijab or habit, I
automatically think 'religious
woman'.

So when u can differentiate when an individual perceive someone to be religious and when an individual labels himself religious and expect others to see him such then I will have confirmed that u can do some basic thinking for yourself)
the issue is people generally accord religious people respect especially when they perceive the person as such, that is why I told ishilove normal people would accord respect to people they perceive to be religious, it is common sense, in our society Nigeria, people will respect others they feel are religious because of a number of reasons, chief of which being religious makes people feel u are either closer to God or less willing to be dishonest and engage in bad things! I understand u are an atheist hence it is almost next to impossible to understand the world of difference between those who believe in God and those who don't or in layman terms those whose sole aim in life is to eat, poo, argue on NL with people who they accuse of believing in fairy tales and yes be religion section poster of the year! Usually I ignore your post because they do not contain semblance of adult reasoning and mainly because I keep showing off as being too poorly versed in the art critical thinking, it isn't because I am einstein or stuff, it is just that u ain't just got it, even if I died today and u engage my skeleton in an argument u would still loose because . . . Abysmal display of intelligence!

EOD cool

2 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by omokayode9258(m): 11:58pm On May 20, 2013
ebamma: Absolute rubbish,
, u mst be a complete fool 4 dt ur useles coment, had it bn they ar carryin fake doctrines, u wil apreciat them o. It beta 4 u to coment than writn somthn frm ur empty useles head.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Dreams And Its Interpretation? / Early Marriage In Islam / Things That Do Not Break The Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.