Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Hijab In The United States - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab In The United States (17739 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab In The United States by omorttee4u(m): 1:37am On Mar 08, 2013
jamst:
and so,wat ar ur questions?
My question is in the first line of my comment!
Re: Hijab In The United States by kwajahafiz(m): 3:00am On Mar 08, 2013
islam is good
islam is great
islam is wonderfull
islam is awesome......

dont want to get banned by naira land, so must bite my lips and say
only nice things, about islam.

RIP to freedom of speech.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 08, 2013
zayhal: May Allah reward these women (and the like of them) abundantly and make this life easy for them, and above all, grant them al-jannah firdaus.
The truth is that these are the same people who wouldn't allow others freedom to many things in their land yet are willing to practice theirs in another man's land. In many Arab countries you are not even allowed to hold your wife by the hand or waist and walk together on the street.

Please, spare me this excuse with lopsidedness.

I am looking forward to the day congress will talk about the ban of Hijabs in the US.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by minute(f): 4:13am On Mar 08, 2013
Al-Hijab is not only the Head Veil(scarf),it's a full costume.

"O prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments

over their persons( when abroad); that is most convenient, that they should be known( as such) and not molest-

ed." (Surah 33:59). This only speaks of covering their bodies when outside. An outer garment is not a veil,any-

more than a coat is not a hat.

Modesty is called for( and quite right too) but it is Islamic men's intepretation of what constitutes modesty that

determines whether a woman can her face,her wrists etc. It's an insult to the human spirit and anyone who values freedom.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Frostyzone(m): 5:45am On Mar 08, 2013
jamst: @dan de numero,it took u 23mins 2 respond *smiling* infact,i dont ask u 2 define but only 2 differentiate.u try sha, okey! religion=belief & culture=way of life...and so,the next question,is there any similarity btw religion=belief and culture=way of life.if yes/no,pls give ur reasons.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Frostyzone(m): 6:07am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: only if the blessed virgin Mary(mother of your god) didnt wear hijab smiley

That's how the Jews dressed at that period of time and has nothing to do with God. Even their men dress as such.

Like I said before and will keep on saying, Wearing Of Hijab is not of Islam but of Arabia Culture.

Mohammad was an Arab, was he not? He wrote the Quran, didn't he? So it stood to reason that at the course of writing the holy book, he inadvertently missed up the whole thing up, not knowing the difference. Because, let's face it, Arabic culture is also their religion.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Frostyzone(m): 6:14am On Mar 08, 2013
maclatunji:

You see how you have been conditioned to throw rational thought away. 'Nuns don't wear hijab, they wear habits', what a joker. #LOL

*Shaking my head very sadly for you*
Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 7:31am On Mar 08, 2013
omorttee4u:
" SEE WHAT EXAMPLES THEY HAVE PUT FORWARD TO YOU. THEY HAVE GONE ASTRAY,AND NEVER CAN THEY FIND A WAY"--- -Q 17 vs 48.
You still haven't tell us in the Quran where any woman puting on Hijab,nikab or burka is more closer to God..God his self says,he's closer to us than the vain in our neck.I still sopport the fact that,nikab or burka is being forced religion from culture..only hijab I can say is really imporant for muslim women,because Angels don't like seeing their hairs..
Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Nuns don't wear hijabs, please. They wear what is known as habits. And in the Christian community they are the only ones required by their church to dress as such. Christian women on the other hand dress as they deemed fit, unlike their Muslim counterpart that is required by law to wear hijab everywhere they go.

How is that not oppressive?

P.S; You don't have to address me for to reply to your comments. We are in a forum for crying out loud. It's what we call interaction.

. And mention in the Book, [in] the Qur’ān, Mary, that is when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East. Thus she veiled herself from them, she draped herself in a veil to conceal herself while whereupon We sent to her Our Spirit, Gabriel, and he assumed before her, after she donned her clothes, the likeness of a well-proportioned human, perfect in physical form.--- Q 19 vs 16-17.
Re: Hijab In The United States by sureteeboy(m): 8:17am On Mar 08, 2013
How dis one come resemble story book like this
Re: Hijab In The United States by omorttee4u(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2013
PEN_MIGHT:
Man,you are quoting different thing for me..I know more than you about islam for sure..if I'm asking direct question and you asking different things..)Ou are not in the lines sorry!
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 8:47am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: only if the blessed virgin Mary(mother of your god) didnt wear hijab smiley
hi, Mary is not the mother of our God.
I wonder who took the photograph. I guess christian men should wear skirts and gowns since jewish men dressed that way.
Re: Hijab In The United States by crackhouse(m): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2013
islam-a-bad, but i wonder how this made front page. this is an old story nah
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that these are the same people who wouldn't allow others freedom to many things in their land yet are willing to practice theirs in another man's land. In many Arab countries you are not even allowed to hold your wife by the hand or waist and walk together on the street.

Please, spare me this excuse with lopsidedness.

I am looking forward to the day congress will talk about the ban of Hijabs in the US.

Tell me you are not serious
Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 9:32am On Mar 08, 2013
omorttee4u:
Man,you are quoting different thing for me..I know more than you about islam for sure..if I'm asking direct question and you asking different things..)Ou are not in the lines sorry!
. It is not the want of words that is preventing me in engaging u in intellectually. I resulted to direct quote from Quran and calling ur sense of understanding through the best of speeches;being that of Allaah's. And really I doudbt ur assertion about u knowing more dn me in this deen. I won't be fast to judge u ignorant of the true teachings of the deen we profess,that is if u are a muslim by the way. Now, I want u to ask ur question in a simple way not confusing Niqaab( my wife uses one) with Burqa and with Hijab. In sha Allaah, I will make frantic effort to enlighthen u if your Lord wishes better guidance for you. Allaah knows best!
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 9:57am On Mar 08, 2013
Frostyzone:

That's how the Jews dressed at that period of time and has nothing to do with God. Even their men dress as such.

Like I said before and will keep on saying, Wearing Of Hijab is not of Islam but of Arabia Culture.

Mohammad was an Arab, was he not? He wrote the Quran, didn't he? So it stood to reason that at the course of writing the holy book, he inadvertently missed up the whole thing up, not knowing the difference. Because, let's face it, Arabic culture is also their religion.
if truly you follow the laws in the bible women are to cover their head or shave their hair off smiley

And what if he(Mohammed s.a) was an igbo?

The Quran instruct women to be modesty in dressing and not to dress nak;ed
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:
hi, Mary is not the mother of our God.
I wonder who took the photograph. I guess christian men should wear skirts and gowns since jewish men dressed that way.
according to the catholic Mary is the mother of God or is'nt
Jesus your God anymore?

The bible didnt say anything about men dressing but instruct women to be modesty like wearing hijab the way virgin Mary did smiley
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 10:05am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: if truly you follow the laws in the bible women are to cover their head or shave their hair off smiley

Really?

You mean the moment a woman doesn't put on an hijab, she's nak;ed?

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 08, 2013
jamst:

did u put bubble-gum in ur eyes?cant u see dat dis post was 3yrs out of front page and you are shouting rubbish...mtschewwww

What is this Osama wanna be saying?
Abeggi buzz off!! I don't know when your name became seun! Mtchewww
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: according to the catholic Mary is the mother of God or is'nt
Jesus your God anymore?

The bible didnt say anything about men dressing but instruct women to be modesty like wearing hijab the way virgin Mary did smiley

Jesus came to earth in human form.

The Bible never talked about hijab. It didn't explictly mention some things like smoking etc but we know the right thing
Re: Hijab In The United States by omorttee4u(m): 10:48am On Mar 08, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: . It is not the want of words that is preventing me in engaging u in intellectually. I resulted to direct quote from Quran and calling ur sense of understanding through the best of speeches;being that of Allaah's. And really I doudbt ur assertion about u knowing more dn me in this deen. I won't be fast to judge u ignorant of the true teachings of the deen we profess,that is if u are a muslim by the way. Now, I want u to ask ur question in a simple way not confusing Niqaab( my wife uses one) with Burqa and with Hijab. In sha Allaah, I will make frantic effort to enlighthen u if your Lord wishes better guidance for you. Allaah knows best!
I understand you perfectly,but question goes this way : is it faridu or sunah to wear niqab or burkah. ? Mind you,i'm not ruling out the wear of hijab..if it's sunah bring up the hadis that back it up,if it's faridu bring up the verse in the quran that talk about it.
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Really?

You mean the moment a woman doesn't put on an hijab, she's nak;ed?
she is almost going nak;ed grin

Watching adverts of women flaunting their hair attract men to sexual urge grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

The Bible never talked about hijab. It didn't explictly mention some things like smoking etc but we know the right thing
but the bible talked about covering your head and dress modesty that made Mary to wear hijab smiley
Re: Hijab In The United States by Frostyzone(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: if truly you follow the laws in the bible women are to cover their head or shave their hair off smiley

Your argument doesn't make any sense to me...sorry.
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: but the bible talked about covering your head and dress modesty that made Mary to wear hijab smiley

Please quote the Bible passage and let's discuss
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 11:20am On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: she is almost going nak;ed grin

Watching adverts of women flaunting their hair attract men to sexual urge
grin

That is tintingz's opinion.

By the way, men's nose turns me on too grin so what do you propose? undecided

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by topmostg: 11:24am On Mar 08, 2013
nathdim: I have respect 4 Islam but their hijab is pure madness shikena

pure madness in what way?

#Looking forward to hear from you.#

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Dibiachukwu: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2013
dammytosh: [size=25pt]To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.[/size]
LOL
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

LOL. I thought you Christians claim 'God created man in his own image'. Now, it is 'Jesus came to earth in human form'.

This is the kind of confusion you get when you have been lied to all through your life. Bukatyne, come and receive the truth. It starts from dropping this extant and invalid lines you have been brought-up with and reflecting on issues insightfully.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

That is tintingz's opinion.

By the way, men's nose turns me on too grin so what do you propose? undecided

That means you will be in a state of perpetual arousal. Islam's solution is to lower your gaze. By the way, stop exagerrating. It is not every man's nose that will 'turn you on'. The bus conductor or the motor park tout's noses turn you on?

Sister please!
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL. I thought you Christians claim 'God created man in his own image'. Now, it is 'Jesus came to earth in human form'.

This is the kind of confusion you get when you have been lied to all through your life. Bukatyne, come and receive the truth. It starts from dropping this extant and invalid lines you have been brought-up with and reflecting on issues insightfully.

As I said in the other thread,

Don't quote me on religious issues you have no idea about.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
^Stop burying your head in the sand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Early Marriage In Islam / Kuwaiti Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Converts Into Christianity / Keeping A Low Profile Saves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.