Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary (21261 Views)

Court Voids Kogi APC Ward Congresses, Delegates List For Guber Primary / Anyim Writes Ayu Again As Ebonyi Delegates List Crisis Gets Messier / 2019: Delegates List Crisis Likely At PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by fyneguy: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jokerman:
Lies.... as if Tinubu will agree..... grin

Tinubu actually pushed for it.

2 Likes

Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Exactly. It'll deal a major blow to godfathers and ensure transparency. Truly popular candidates will now emerge though it's still dependent on the candidates playing by the rules because what stops bribing the voters? This style might only just ensure a wider spread of campaign money to more people instead of a few delegates

how so? is it not to locate card carrying members and share money to them? omo forget oo..nothing changed here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Legalaffairs(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Fianze93:
Rochas will not like this

Said who? This a clear Joker from Rochas. Don't forget that he has lost the structure. Now he can import voters through his schools and pay hungry students to buy their votes.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Dollabiz: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by positivethought: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
seguntijan:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/07/16/no-more-delegates-list-%E2%80%94-all-card-carrying-apc-members-vote-osun-gov-primary
Even though im not apc fan,oshiomole will earn my respect if this eventually becomes true n the votes really counts but i seriously doubt if this will be allow to go through,when the time comes all sort of imaginary reasons will be given as to why it is not feasible even oshiomole will be forced to swallow his words,im waiting time dont lie.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by kenlinzo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
I have always loved this man called OSHIOMOLE From EDO state come APC national chairman. My mentor in politics/leadership. I pray one day i have the privilege to work under you to tap from some of your leadership skills.

I pray one day God gives Nigeria the understanding to know the leadership skills He has deposited in@OSHIOMOLE@DONALD-DUKE@RIBADU so we can vote them in to pilot the affairs of this great country someday.

@OSHIOMOLE i greet u. Though, I was initially angry when i heard u were going for APC national chairman position instead of PRESIDENCY but, from ur body language and the victory u recorded in ur first assignment in EKITI state, i'm fully happy with u now. Keep the good work.

1 Like

Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Throwback: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
This is the singular most revolutionary democratic growth we would have achieved since 1999 return to civilian rule.

If they can see it through.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by speed99: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
This is great. nice one from APC
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by smartman2010(m): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
good idea and well deserve for our democracy. God bless oshobaba
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by ECHICHE: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
Oshiomole's proposal may result to poor coordination and more corruption during party primaries.

Fake membership cards & importation of non-Apc members will jeopardize the system.

Delegate remained a better option for now.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by ojodunsin: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hmmm, well loads of people will see it as a good move shey ?... But I want to tell you thats the politics from Lagos.. and this move will only allow the candidate of the governor to win.. gov aregbesola owns the local govt chairman , house of assmbly and the state govt executives. All this people will mobilise for his candidate. The governor knew he does not have the control over the deligates .. if some of you can remember.. before oyegun was asked to set down.. the governor sent a new list of deligates to the party and it was rejected knowing fully well they have already exisiting deligates across the state.. I can tell you this is the only way the chief of staff to the governor ,who happens to be Tiunbu brother can win the ticket. So if you are happy it's a direct primary.. well just sit down and look
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by obeagu1(m): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
This idea or proposal is not well thought out, logistics and cordination wise it will be a DISASTER!
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by higherpower: 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
ogundeleai:
It is counter productive... It will require high capital for places like Kano with 44LGs and others above 30 LG.. Also masses will suffer because the incumbent governor will have to spend hugely for him to sell his preferred candidate to many unlike sizeable list during delegates exercises

This is done in the US. It will return power to the electorats. Since it will be capital intensive like you said, people will no longer share money again, that will allow not too rich to also aspire and sell their manifesto to the party faithfuls. It will in turn help the party to be robust. The more people you involve in the primaries, the more people who participated will defend the party at unit levels.

1 Like

Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by tech18: 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
ogundeleai:
It is counter productive... It will require high capital for places like Kano with 44LGs and others above 30 LG.. Also masses will suffer because the incumbent governor will have to spend hugely for him to sell his preferred candidate to many unlike sizeable list during delegates exercises
High capital ? Agreed ,but If you observe during the APC ward congresses all the card carrying members voted in their ward party offices or any place designated for the exercise.So this direct primaries may be done in each Ward.

Whether direct or indirect primaries the incumbent will have to spend hugely... this means more people will get their own share rather than few selected delegates...

This is indeed good but money may still play a role...which means the highest bidder may likely have his or her way.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
Munzy14:
Oshiomole earned my respect! If this works, democracy will gradually creep in. Election rigging starts from delegates. I pray tinubu and rochas will allow this pattern in their states..

Which democracy are u talking about?
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Minjim: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
This's good news. That means I can now vote too
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by olatunyemi(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
maybe kwara state will be freed from corrupt politicians
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by soccerjay(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=seguntijan post=69456615]
good one from the national leader.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by soccerjay(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=seguntijan post=69456615]
good one from the national leader.
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by omohayek: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
aonag:

how so? is it not to locate card carrying members and share money to them? omo forget oo..nothing changed here!
It's easier to find enough money to share to a few local bigwigs than it is to bribe tens or hundreds of thousands of ordinary party members. In any case, no policy will save the Nigerian masses from themselves if the majority insist on selling off their votes for half a kilo of stony rice.

1 Like

Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Bia Oshomole, did you discuss this with Tinubu before coming on air
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by dizon: 6:52am On Jul 18, 2018
Nice move
Re: 'No More Delegates List' — All Registered APC Members To Vote At Primary by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 18, 2018
mrtidy:

Yes ooo
I don't like buhari I don't like APC but this decision I support. I pray they can perfect it!
They should adopt same method for presidential primaries or does APC have different set of rules for different offices?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo And The Aso Rock Cabal By Dele Momodu / Ekiti Guber Poll: APC First Application Thrown Out / J Martins Alleges Threat To Life For Exposing Election Malpractices In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.