Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,120 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku (704 Views)

Photo Of Repentant Bokoharam And Their Victims / Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister / President Knows Those Behind Bokoharam And Herdsmen Menace - El-rufai in 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by ATIKUAIR(f): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
A former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, said if elected Nigerian president, his government will not only end the Boko Harman insurgency, but also keep the nation more united.

He also said if he was in the position of President Muhammadu Buhari, he would have by now sacked all service chiefs for failing to tackle the Boko Haram insurgency in the last three years.
Mr. Abubakar, who spoke in Maiduguri, Borno State, said he was not impressed with President Buhari’s handling of security in the country, especially the protracted Boko Haram insurgency.
The former vice president was in Maiduguri on Tuesday to woo delegates ahead of the Peoples Democratic Party presidential primaries.
The politician, who last year defected from Nigeria’s ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to the PDP, held a joint meeting with PDP delegates from Borno and Yobe.

Mr Abubakar also expressed his sympathy to the two states over the Boko Haram insurgency that has caused the death of tens of thousands and displaced millions of residents.
He said security would be his number one priority if the delegates give him their support to emerge as the candidate of the party in the 2019 presidential election.
He said the two North-east states will benefit more from the federal government if they support his cause of becoming the number one citizen.

“Since the year 1999 when I was elected the Vice President of Nigeria, I knew Borno, Yobe and Gombe states were under the government of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).

“But if you consider the appointments that these three states enjoyed from the federal government, (they) were much higher than the ones given to other PDP states.
“And the reason for that is not far-fetched; it was so because one of your own was in the position of authority. So you all must not lose memory of that fact.”
On security, he said President Buhari’s government has failed the North-east for failing to end the insurgency which has ravaged Nigeria since 2009.
“It is now more that nine years that this part of the country is facing the problem of insecurity, and our socio-economic sphere has been injured as a result of that.

“Today our schools and our healthcare system are not functioning; our youth are roaming the streets jobless; yet there is a government in place.
“We must also recall that this is the same Nigeria whose security forces had been able to fight a civil war and keep the country united in just about two years and six months only. And most of the soldiers that fought on the side of Nigeria are from the north.
“But here we are sweating to end an insurgency that is mostly domiciled in just two states, Borno and Yobe; and we cannot even see its end in nine years.

“This is unacceptable and I cannot accept it. There is no way I can tolerate any security chief that will come and inform me that he cannot end this war in three years. Such security chief will not last the next day on seat.
“I swear in the name of God that the service chief must go.
“I was flying about 35,000 feet over Borno and Yobe states few hours ago, and all I could see were nothing but open plain lands; yet someone on ground will be telling me that he cannot see where Boko Haram insurgents are.

“I hereby promise you all that should I be elected as president, the issue of insecurity will become a thing of the past. I know there is insincerity in the management of the country’s security.
“This is the time for us to wake and forge a common front in our struggle to salvage our children and grand children from future calamity by supporting our cause”.
Mr Abubakar also told journalists at the end of the meeting that the failure of APC government had outweighed the shortcomings of the 16 years of the PDP rule in Nigeria.

“If you compare the PDP years and that of the current APC’s, you will find out that the past is still better than today in terms of security, economy and development”, he said.
“PDP has done far better than the APC in all ramifications”.
Mr. Abubakar who is vying for the presidency for the fourth time, said he would soon unveil his vision and mission for Nigeria at a grand press conference.
“Everyone knows me as Mr. Restructure, and everybody knows that I will bring my private sector experience to bear on the economy and Nigerians can be rest assured that jobs will be made available and the country will be more united under my watch because I don’t belong to any part but the whole”.
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ok sir!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by stefanjaeger: 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ok
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
oh yeah it is ELECTION season......these useless Nigerian politicians have started again with their rubbish!

people should vote for someone unrelated to all these USELESS political parties that have been raping Nigeria since the 60s. someone new, unknown, with fresh ideas and a sound mind. someone ready to take drastic measures to rescue Nigeria from the pit it is in, and not afraid to bring back the death penalty for looters, ritualist, kidnappers, bodypart salesmen, armed robbers etc
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by ATIKUAIR(f): 12:01am On Jul 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
oh yeah it is ELECTION season......these useless Nigerian politicians have started again with their rubbish!

people should vote for someone unrelated to all these USELESS political parties that have been raping Nigeria since the 60s. someone new, unknown, with fresh ideas and a sound mind. someone ready to take drastic measures to rescue Nigeria from the pit it is in, and not afraid to bring back the death penalty for looters, ritualist, kidnappers, bodypart salesmen, armed robbers etc
The person you are talking of is Atiku! What this country needs is Restructuring and that is what he have being preaching for a very long time! Atiku has created jobs for the youths more than any politician in the history of Nigeria! He is not tribalistic like incompetent Buhari! Atiku is coming to fix Nigeria and make our beloved country work again.
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:07am On Jul 18, 2018
ATIKUAIR:
The person you are talking of is Atiku! What this country needs is Restructuring and that is what he have being preaching for a very long time! Atiku has created jobs for the youths more than any politician in the history of Nigeria! He is not tribalistic like incompetent Buhari! Atiku is coming to fix Nigeria and make our beloved country work again.

AGAIN, none of the looters of Nigeria, past or present politicians, can save Nigeria. they are all from the same rotten roots and political parties, and will bring NOTHING but misery to the people. bunch of criminals. was he not vice presido? what did he do then if not continue the same LOOTING and FILLING their own pockets? abeg! ALL OF THEM, regardless of their party, are the reason why Nigeria is in the shiiit.
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by socialmediaman: 12:11am On Jul 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

AGAIN, none of the looters of Nigeria, past or present politicians, can save Nigeria. they are all from the same rotten roots and political parties, and will bring NOTHING but misery to the people. bunch of criminals. was he not vice presido? what did he do then if not continue the same LOOTING and FILLING their own pockets? abeg! ALL OF THEM, regardless of their party, are the reason why Nigeria is in the shiiit.

I don’t think people are hoping to vote a saint into office, I think what they’re trying to do is vote out an undemocratic president who has been nothing but divisive since taking oath of office. It will take time before Nigeria is eventually cleaned up, but we need Democrats not dictators cos only them can obey court orders and respect other arms or government and most importantly not tolerate the activities of Fulani herdsmen across the middle belt

1 Like

Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by Bowwow11(m): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2018
story for the gods another political strategy it won't oga atiku pack joor we need young and vibrant youth to take over the helm of political affairs in our country
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2018
socialmediaman:

I don’t think people are hoping to vote a saint into office, I think what they’re trying to do is vote out an undemocratic president who has been nothing but divisive since taking oath of office. It will take time before Nigeria is eventually cleaned up, but we need Democrats not dictators cos only them can obey court orders and respect other arms or government and most importantly not tolerate the activities of Fulani herdsmen across the middle belt

voting a demon out to bring in another demon is pointless and a waste of time! people should vote someone that would truly make a difference to their lives. someone who is certainly NOT looking to enrich himself or his tribal brothers.
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by socialmediaman: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

voting a demon out to bring in another demon is pointless and a waste of time! they should vote someone that would truly make a difference. someone who is certainly NOT looking to enrich himself or his tribal brothers.

Again, I think you’re missing the point. Nigeria is not going to be good overnight, it takes systems in place to achieve that. Look how far we’ve gone so far since 1999, we were supposed to have a Democrat who would come on board and strengthen the electoral system further, but instead things have started degenerating again because a dictator will always be a dictator and an ethnic leader would only divide instead of bring together
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:40am On Jul 18, 2018
socialmediaman:
Again, I think you’re missing the point. Nigeria is not going to be good overnight, it takes systems in place to achieve that. Look how far we’ve gone so far since 1999, we were supposed to have a Democrat who would come on board and strengthen the electoral system further, but instead things have started degenerating again because a dictator will always be a dictator and an ethnic leader would only divide instead of bring together

voting any of these criminals, that are rooting for the same political parties that have been raping Nigeria since the 60s, is the exact reason why Nigeria is now considered by many as a shithole.....

ANYONE past or present politician rooting under these same political parties that have already been in power, and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Nigeria, should NOT be valued/chosen. these are the demons that are directly responsible for Nigeria's poor state of affairs!

vice presido for 8good years and he couldnt do SHIIIIT, what is he gonna do now that will be any different than before (if not loot and enrich himself)?
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by socialmediaman: 12:48am On Jul 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

voting any of these criminals, that are rooting for the same political parties that have been raping Nigeria since the 60s, is the exact reason why Nigeria is now considered by many as a shithole.....

ANYONE past or present politician rooting under these same political parties that have already been in power, and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Nigeria, should NOT be valued/chosen. these are the demons that are directly responsible for Nigeria's poor state of affairs!

vice presido for 8good years and he couldnt do SHIIIIT, what is he gonna do now that will be any different than before (if not loot and enrich himself)?

I guess you love Nigeria more than those fighting to save this country from this present government. Wishes will not put that saint you’re hoping will occupy that office, get real my friend. For me, I know that judging from our level of development, None of those you wish for will be able to win election beyond their LGs, we have to move forward first before we eventually get there
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:53am On Jul 18, 2018
socialmediaman:

I guess you love Nigeria more than those fighting to save this country from this present government. Wishes will not put that saint you’re hoping will occupy that office, get real my friend

saying that Atiku or any other BS useless looters, are better than the useless looter in power is a joke....THEY ARE ALL THE SAME USELESS
LOOTING PEOPLE looking to enrich themselves and their tribal brothers!

trying to make people think that Nigeria will be better with Atiku or any of the other bastard politician (past or present) that are all in the same political parties that have been raping Nigeria since the 60s, is a JOKE!

its not about loving Nigeria, but all about COMMON SENSE!
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by socialmediaman: 11:05am On Jul 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

saying that Atiku or any other BS useless looters, are better than the useless looter in power is a joke....THEY ARE ALL THE SAME USELESS
LOOTING PEOPLE looking to enrich themselves and their tribal brothers!

trying to make people think that Nigeria will be better with Atiku or any of the other bastard politician (past or present) that are all in the same political parties that have been raping Nigeria since the 60s, is a JOKE!

its not about loving Nigeria, but all about COMMON SENSE!

Common sense tells me that any candidate who I give my vote to who does not come from the major opposition is a vote to keep the tyrant in office. I know that I cannot convince the market woman, the trader, the person living in the interior village and other voters to vote for a candidate they have never heard of in the name of integrity. I campaigned for this Tyrant to be in office, I also promised to do my best to remove him from office if he performed below expectation and he has done just that. By keeping my word and consciousness of Nigerians on the fact that a president can be removed from office if he messed up, I am helping to build Nigeria’s democracy. It will take longer for us to get to the point where elections would no longer be about the highest bidder, but we must join hands to protect our nascent democracy, we cannot keep a tyrant in office because his opponents are not trustworthy, vote them out once they mess up, but I have to admit, the tyrant we have in office is worse than any other candidate running against him
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by porchbaby(f): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2018
what we need is to try out a new political party, am tired of APC and PDP, and old politicians surfacing yo rule us again, just like dumping a spoilt rice in d refrigerator, and bringing it out after 3 days expecting it to miraculously be OK, whereas it's even more rotten than before
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
socialmediaman:

Common sense tells me that any candidate who I give my vote to who does not come from the major opposition is a vote to keep the tyrant in office. I know that I cannot convince the market woman, the trader, the person living in the interior village and other voters to vote for a candidate they have never heard of in the name of integrity. I campaigned for this Tyrant to be in office, I also promised to do my best to remove him from office if he performed below expectation and he has done just that. By keeping my word and consciousness of Nigerians on the fact that a president can be removed from office if he messed up, I am helping to build Nigeria’s democracy. It will take longer for us to get to the point where elections would no longer be about the highest bidder, but we must join hands to protect our nascent democracy, we cannot keep a tyrant in office because his opponents are not trustworthy, vote them out once they mess up, but I have to admit, the tyrant we have in office is worse than any other candidate running against him

true indeed, but isnt that the same process (giving your vote to opposition) that brought the current president in power?! you are just shifting from ONE demon to the next, because they are all of the same.... and yes, some will be worse than others, but the catch is that they are ALL rubbish.

the issue here is that you may think that a useless president is better than a "worst" president, while you should instead find ways to vote for a GOOD president, someone that has YOUR(the Nigerians population) best interest at heart, NOT some polithief that is looking to enrich himself and his political buddies.

anyone who says he can cleanse Boko Haram from Nigeria is a deluded liar who certainly has no idea how big the problem is (or is their leaders)
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by Belluchii: 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
He is back again with his fake promises, trying to make people think that Nigeria will be better with him. Becoming a Nigerian president is more than empty promises, Buhari became the president based on his portfolio, his fight against corruption,patriotism,what you have done before your achievements will speak for you. somebody should tell him that Nigeria do not buy that any longer. its glaring that the PDP cannot produce a candidate better than Buhari come 2019[color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by potoX: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
ATIKUAIR:
Atiku can never become president of Nigeria so quit wasting your time
Re: I Will End Bokoharam And Keep Nigeria More United- Atiku by potoX: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
socialmediaman:

You can do nothing to remove Buhari from office cos there are millions of us determined to keep him there next year

(1) (Reply)

Aguiyi Ihejirika Drum Support For Alex Otti As He’s Set To Declare On Friday / Igbo Why Are They Like This ? / Forgery:When Adeleke Wins His Case, Dont Cry, Watch 'Ti Oluwa Ni Ile3B By Kelani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.