Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola (22954 Views)

My Biggest Structure Is God And Nigerian People. Enter Obi Reply Fashola / No Tariff Increase, Buhari Ordered Mass Metering - NERC / We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by yomalex(m): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2018
Ah ah
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by izzou(m): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2018
orobs93:
but it doesn't power heavy appliances

To power heavy equipments, you'll have to spend more

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by HomeOfMe(f): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2018
Omooba77:

http://punchng.com/metering-youre-telling-lies-power-distributors-reply-fashola/
The money the discos claim consumers are owing are nothing but accumulated estimated billings. Imaging someone moved into a new appointment on the 15th of April,they gave him an electricity bill of #9900 when he's yet to even settle in the new apartment. Those people are robbing Nigerians blind.

1 Like

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Thebwoy: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2018
Electricity
One problem that all the grey hair professors, leaders, terrorist,naija delta millitants, Fulani herdsmen and ipobians in Nigeria can't solve.
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by deeone10: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Omooba77:
A 2 bed room flat with no occupier from like 5:30 am till 5:30pm is still being billed estimatedly like #30,000 ; whereas a prepaid user of same structure dont use beyond #5000 per month. We can not continue like tjis; some of the marketers have told me they are given targets to meet.

get a generator, im sure u will not spend up to that
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by koxi: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2018
Propaganda...
Government and lies!
This is so disheartening because at the end of the day, the common man bears the brunt of it all.
The useless NEPA will come with their exorbitant and outrageous monthly estimated bills and start to threaten someone.
...if I see anybody near my house...
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by pat1612(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2018
Fools brought a bill of 11000 naira yesterday without even supplying any electricity angry
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by DeOTR: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2018
We are with Fashola on this. You guys (the DisCos) are on your own.
Nobody is owing you guys.

1 Like

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Enugufirstson(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2018
And the blame game continues. ..
Nobody wants to own up to the task.
What a rhetoric cycle
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Beedude(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2018
I even disconnected my cables willingly and was running on solar and gen for few months. Still they keep sending bills of 12k monthly. Electricity section need a total reform.

4 Likes

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Beedude(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2018
deeone10:

get a generator, im sure u will not spend up to that
Dem go still dey bring the bill. U never see anything. Those people are worse than boko haram

1 Like

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by austino100(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2018
Fashola is indirectly telling us he can't handle this power problem, like his oga at the top always shifting blames left and right.

3 Likes

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by ahmedbanj(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2018
otokx:
There is some sense in what the DISCOs are saying but the issue of Metering is gradually descending to the point of petrol subsidy.

We have companies who claim to produce pre paid meters (ppm) in Nigeria, we have other companies who are importing the same ppm yet the distribution by discos is moving at snail pace.

There is also not much awareness on ppm, some people in my area rejected the ppm preferring estimated bills because they can bribe the disco officials and remain connected even if they bring 30000 a month bill.

The issue of energy theft in Nigeria will soon surpass theft of petroleum products from oil pipelines.

Are U sure abt pple rejecting ppm? I doubt if dats true.

1 Like

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by HomeOfMe(f): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2018
izzou:
grin grin

Countries like Germany have gone 100% renewable.

I'll advise anyone who has the money, just start using solar. It's cheaper on the long run and it's reliable.

Even if it's one panel and one battery with one Pwm controller, just start.

Our power issues in this country can never and will never come to an end. It's not a curse
That is one of the reasons power situation has not changed because people have several alternatives like solar,inverter and generator. The day I visited my brother at Abujai was watching my favorite tv program,suddenly the light just went off for about five seconds and came back again. I asked him what happened to the light,he said that nepa just took the light and automatically inverter came on. People like him won't even bother to say he wants to go and protests on the streets for lack of electricity because he has several alternatives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Yankee101: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2018
Them wan collect food for their mouth...they are fighting back
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by automatix: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69480363:
The minister should let the masses know the true position of things, and let us know where we stand.
It's sad that since independence, this power issues has remain the same.
Let there be light, Nigerian Government!
Let me tell you the truth, the discos are bloody liars... some men control the distribution of the meter in connivance with disco. You cant even get into that business because the discos will tell you that it is the one they had agreement on that their system accept (bloody lie). This is because the one they recommend is the one they had an agreement on.

There is one company in Nigeria, someone brought them into Nigeria, some took them to Disco and an agreement was reached. for every meter sold by the company, a percentage goes to the persons that brought them in. you cant introduce another brand of meter into the market because the disco will recommend the one they had an agreement on while making it seems like the one you brought has fault.

It is that frustrating and seeing that Nigerians are groaning in pains over this meter just breaks my heart... SATAN IS A NIGERIAN!

2 Likes

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by realabraham: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2018
lecowas:
This privation is one of the greatest scams in Naija. The discos are more wicked than the so called yahoo guys. Now in my area, u have to know someone that knows someone at the top in BEDC before u can get a prepaid meter. At almost double the original price of course.

Oh no! That is so wrong and yet you are absolutely right. Very sad
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:19am On Jul 18, 2018
automatix:
Let me tell you the truth, the discos are bloody liars... some men control the distribution of the meter in connivance with disco. You cant even get into that business because the discos will tell you that it is the one they had agreement on that their system accept (bloody lie). This is because the one they recommend is the one they had an agreement on.

There is one company in Nigeria, someone brought them into Nigeria, some took them to Disco and an agreement was reached. for every meter sold by the company, a percentage goes to the persons that brought them in. you cant introduce another brand of meter into the market because the disco will recommend the one they had an agreement on while making it seems like the one you brought has fault.

It is that frustrating and seeing that Nigerians are groaning in pains over this meter just breaks my heart... SATAN IS A NIGERIAN!
We understand better now.
This country is just something else honestly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by omojeesu(m): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2018
Government and the companies dancing disco in corruption club raping the people.
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by realabraham: 10:21am On Jul 18, 2018
Beedude:
I even disconnected my cables willingly and was running on solar and gen for few months. Still they keep sending bills of 12k monthly. Electricity section need a total reform.

Sad!
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by automatix: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69485746:

We understand better now.
This country is just something else honestly.
Imagine the company telling me I need a license to import the meter. He does not even know that I have one with me that I brought in without such nonsense... a foreigner, telling me such crap. E no go better for them!
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by sexdoll: 10:23am On Jul 18, 2018
post=69480363:
The minister should let the masses know the true position of things, and let us know where we stand.
It's sad that since independence, this power issues has remain the same.
Let there be light, Nigerian Government!

stop depending on the nigerian government for your electricity.

start depending on god.

god said let there be light.

and there light was ever since.

turn to solar and your life will never be the same again.

i thank god for giving us solar energy!!!
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by jay7(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2018
orobs93:
but it doesn't power heavy appliances

Solar panel and inverters has different capacities, money at hand will determine the one you can get if you can afford a 3.5kva or more solar inverter it can power your appliances e.g deep frezer, tv, fan e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by theoldpretender(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2018
Hmm...here comes Old Pretender, the CEO of DMC (Discos Media Crew) here to defend opression and illegality for the paltry sum of N0
(Man, I'm so heartless... cool)

1.On the statement by Fashola that the Discos were responsible for the provision of meters, the power firms argued that at the 18th monthly power sector and stakeholders’ meeting on August 14, 2017, the minister stated that the supply of meters to electricity customers was not the exclusive to the Discos.

The firms stated, “This is a contradiction of his convenient assertion now that customers with no meters should turn to the Discos. The metering gap, a major concern for our customers and us, unfortunately, has become a politicised issue. As a means of tracking and accounting for our revenues, there is no greater interested party in comprehensive metering than the Discos.

Well, basically, this just throws in more confusion. Who is responsible for PREPAID METERS...Disco, government, thrid parties, or Bueller?

2.They stated that the only product that the Discos were selling to make a revenue was electricity, and the only reason a Disco would not take more energy was due to the impact of the revenue shortfall in the industry, which limits the available capital available to invest to take the power

In plain, simple English....if a DISCO takes more energy, they would be chronically running at a loss. (That's why eventually we would have to increase bills even if we ALL get meters).

3[i].They also faulted claims that the Transmission Company of Nigeria currently had capacity to wheel over 5,000MW, stressing that in spite of the TCN’s tested wheeling capacity of 5,500MW, with the two historical generation peaks of 5,074MW recorded on February 2, 2016, and 5,222MW on December 18, 2017, only 4,577MW and 4,265MW were wheeled or transmitted, respectively.

“In simple terms, the TCN has not wheeled energy in excess of 4,265MW ever,” the firms added.
[/i]

Posted for facts and also to point out that our power supply is not just a generation issues...WE have to FIX and expand our transmission system! (And you cant do that on bills of less than $6 every 2 months via meter).

4.On the assertion by the government on the reconciliation of some of the electricity debts that it owes, the Discos described this as troubling.

They said their position was in the light of the fact that the government continued to owe them for energy that it consumes, adding that the debt had continued to grow, “contributing to a market shortfall that is estimated to be in excess of N1.3tn on the Discos’ books.”

We owe the DISCOS N1.3 trillion naira.....1.3 trillion naira.

And we expect them to supply electricity with a debt being owed them of 1.3 tr naira

(Average Nigerian would just say that it is a lie sans proof, or that we should just take another loan,or ust use the loot...and anyway, that just pays the debt....till the next one is incurred.).

Let's face the facts...them DISCOS are not perfect. But you cannot expect them to give N2 million effort on just N20000. And you cannot be calling DISCOS liars about their debt....while then chasing your debtors in your businesses and lives.

Fixing power is going to cost lots of money. Either we pay....or we just sell ourselves as slaves to the IMF and World Bank for centuries in the name of light.(Oil won't help us at all till it reaches $140 per barrel.).

Oya,make I go colelct my N0 for being a good slave to master DISCO....whose offices I don't know, and who I had issues with over a meter they were supposed to provide to my previous residence, as well as their estimated billing. But despite that...we too have our own part in this mess, and we refuse to face up to that.

1 Like

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by HomeOfMe(f): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2018
Omooba77:
Discos too are liars, stealing from us; a residential building is being designated and billed commercially. Metering is the solution to overbilling by Ekedp, Bedc, Ikeja and so on. May God free Nigeria totally from ourselves.
Those people are thieves they know that they'd not make money from prepaid metres. Where we were living at Ogba Ikeja before we moved out,it was prepaid. We would load our card with about 3k-5k sometimes and it would take us for almost 7 weeks depending on how economize it. It made us very disciplined with using the light. We would put off the light whenever we're not in the room. We used A/C only when necessary,and so on.
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by theoldpretender(m): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2018
IBBG:
the biggest mistake jonathan made was privatizing PHCN to our local investors. They are bunch of very useless investors.

If GEJ had left the status quo ante to stand....the same problems would still be there.

Infact, we need trillions of naira to fix power. With a budget less than 10 trillion naira...are you ready to spend half just on power?

The idea behind the DISCOS was that it would be like GSM...let the private companies do their thing, and money flows in and as a result things improve. Problems started when lenders refused to lend to the DISCOS....
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by kitaatita: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2018
Another vampire cabal has been created after fuel importers. The DISCOS want Nigerians to pay for darkness and refuse to buy electricity from the generating companies.

2 Likes

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by izzou(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2018
HomeOfMe:
That is one of the reasons power situation has not changed because people have several alternatives like solar,inverter and generator. The day I visited my brother at Abujai was watching my favorite tv program,suddenly the logo just went off for about five seconds and came back again. I asked him what happened to the light,he said that nepa just took the light and automatically came on. People like him won't even bother to say he wants to go and protests on the streets for lack of electricity because he has several alternatives.

Nothing works here. Your brother needs to move on.

I dont think he did anything wrong. Lets all go renewable and leave them with their discos

2 Likes

Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by HomeOfMe(f): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2018
Omooba77:
A 2 bed room flat with no occupier from like 5:30 am till 5:30pm is still being billed estimatedly like #30,000 ; whereas a prepaid user of same structure dont use beyond #5000 per month. We can not continue like tjis; some of the marketers have told me they are given targets to meet.
They're really crusty people's lives all over the country. Because they want to meet up with their target,they now feel they should rob us by giving estimated bills. The day some guys in our neighborhood attacked and beat them up,they had to come with SARS the next time,and disconnected us from the transformer for a month.
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Handsomebeing(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2018
What then happens when it starts to rain?
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by theoldpretender(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2018
kitaatita:
Another vampire cabal has been created after fuel importers. The DISCOS want Nigerians to pay for darkness and refuse to buy electricity from the generating companies.

Even if DISCOS accept all the power the GENCOS send (and with them being owed N1.3 trillion by Nigerians, rich and poor...that is a big ask)...5000 MW (on a good day) cannot give the whole country 24 hours supply on a daily basis.

We need probably something like 80000MW. And that is why we have to eventually pay higher bills, or get another loan..so that we have the cash to expand power in Nigeria .

(According to the experts...we need $900bn over 30 years to fix power..ie $30 bn every year for 30 years.).
Re: Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola by Handsomebeing(m): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2018
Me i pay between 15k to 25k monthly. Sad and frustrating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cairo Ojougboh: We Gave Indigenes N340m To Help Inspectors Identify Projects / We’ll Push And Push Until You Win, President Buhari Assures Okonjo-iweala / APC Will File A Cross Petition To Contest The Votes In The Southeast- Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.