Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola (1499 Views)

George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari / Sani Shinkafi Ejects IDPs Living In His House For Voting Buhari / Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by dre11(m): 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
"Yoruba youth also remember with consternation, the statements credited to Mr Fashola that Nigeria’s power problems could be fixed in six months. Three years of his reign, the minister in charge of power has not solved our perennial power problems. We want him and his like, who are feeding Nigerians with propaganda from the seat of power, to know that the youth have learnt from history and will strive hard not to repeat the mistakes of the past in our resolve to revamp the economy of Nigeria," the Yoruba Youth Council said

The Yoruba Youth Council (YYC) has responded to the statement credited to Babatude Fashola, Minister of Power, Works and Housing, in which he said power will return to the South-West in 2023, if they re-elect President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term in the 2019 presidential poll.

At a special town hall meeting on infrastructure, organised by the Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency, Fashola had called on the people of the South-West to support the second term ambition of President Buhari to ensure the return of power to the region in 2023.

However, the YYC said such calls by the Minister should be disregarded.

However, a statement jointly signed by Eric Oluwole, YYC National President and Adeola Aderibigbe, the National Pubilicty Secretary, obtained by Sahara Reporters on Friday in Akure, called on the people to disregard the Minister's statement, noting that "they would strive to ensure they resist all the mistakes of the past".

The statement read: “Our attention has been drawn to a vague promise by a former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola during the special town hall meeting organised by the Ministry of Information and Culture and the National Orientation Agency recently, advising Yorubas especially the youth to vote for the incumbent president, Mr Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 election so as to enable power shift to the South West in 2023.

“We observe with consternation that Mr Fashola, who is a beneficiary of the social economic crisis [into] which the ruling elite has plunged the Nigerian youth, could start serving as an adviser at this critical period of our nation’s existence. Having been a beneficiary of democratic rule since 1999, we will not forget the level of corruption perpetrated by the Minister when he was Governor of Lagos State as leaked by his predecessor, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, on assumption to office.

“Yoruba youth also remember with consternation, the statements credited to Mr Fashola that Nigeria’s power problems could be fixed in six months.

Three years of his reign, the Minister in charge of power has not solved our perennial power problems. We want him and his like, who are feeding Nigerians with propaganda from the seat of power, to know that the youth have learnt from history and will strive hard not to repeat the mistakes of the past in our resolve to revamp the economy of Nigeria.

"The same presidency Mr Fashola is promising Yoruba youth in 2023 is what the current Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige promised the South Easterners. Another attempt to perpetrate the ethnic division of the country? We want to say expressly that nothing can stop our collective resolve to ensure the restructuring of Nigeria in order to find solutions to myriads of problems facing our country.

“We again call on presidential candidates, who are committed to the restructuring agenda, to show commitment by signing an agreement document to ensure restructuring of Nigeria within six months of their assumption to office. Time has come to protect our future and the youths shall do all we can to decide the fate of the 2019 election without leaving a stone."

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/26/we-wont-repeat-mistake-voting-buhari-yoruba-youth-reply-fashola

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Firefire(m): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2018
no comment...

2 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by oilPUSSY(f): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nice one from progressive Yorubas.
Not all these nairaland miscreants that are making noise everywhere.
Yorubas with voters card are not on nairaland. They are on ground waiting to do the needful on election day.

12 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Oblang(m): 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
Who dash these ones Yoruba youth?

1 Like

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by jumpandpas(m): 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
grin
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Ijeshaooduaman: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
These fools are just deceiving themselves

2 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:
These fools are just deceiving themselves

Fools because they didn't support the dullard from Daura

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2018
Arewa Youths says No to Buhari in 2019.

It's official .

Nigerians are tired of sufferings and hopelessness.

5 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by annnikky(f): 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
People are tired of their fake and empty promises undecided is better u dnt promise at all than promise and not fulfil it cos promise is a debt, Nigerians are wiser now no one will take them for a ride again undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Ijeshaooduaman: 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Fools because they didn't support the dullard from Daura
I will tell you Ibos like I have always done in the past. Buhari will defeat atiku. Relax and see how things will go. You are too optimistic and this will break your heart next year. From there, you will go back to your Biafra agitation like you did in 2015
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Ijeshaooduaman: 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2018
annnikky:
People are tired of their fake and empty promises undecided is better u dnt promise at all than promise and not fulfil it cos promise is a debt, Nigerians are wiser now no one will take them for a ride again undecided
You ibos did not vote for bihari and you are speaking on behalf of people that did abi?
Many IBO people's hearts will be broken next year.
I know you will resume your Biafra agitation

1 Like

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:

I will tell you Ibos like I have always done in the past. Buhari will defeat atiku. Relax and see how things will go. You are too optimistic and this will break your heart next year. From there, you will go back to your Biafra agitation like you did in 2015

I'm actually from Ondo State , so shut the fuckup.

Buhari must go

10 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Rapmoney(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
Anyone who still supports Buhari needs a brain surgeon! An old incompetent man that can't even present Waec certificate! Some folks come online to defend the lifeless just to be paid N8,500 stipend every month. That's why you see them struggling so hard to buy 50mb sub everyday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by annnikky(f): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:

You ibos did not vote for bihari and you are speaking on behalf of people that did abi?
Comment on what is on ground, stop deviating pls undecided I dunno why Igbo matter is giving u sleepless night, abeg take am easy oo b4 u get Hbp tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Rapmoney(m): 11:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:

You couldn't even spell the name of your slave master correctly! Lol. We go use cow rope tie you join table make you nor go enter market...I know you will run mad when the lifeless one returns to Daura in 2019 grin

3 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by ionsman: 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Lol... Youths ko, louts ni... I was in a bar with my brother, his friend(Lagos), another guy(Imo) and two other guys(kwara and Delta). The issue of who're you voting next year came up and everyone echoed Buhari except one person(your guess is good as mine).

I've decided to jejely wait till next year. All the like hunters on Nairaland think their likes will make Atiku president. No one is disputing the fact that Atiku is a formidable opponent(that's a shocking indictment on how gullible the citizenry of this country are) but don't delude yourself, Buhari will trounce Atiku.

In retrospect, take these clowns masquerading as Yoruba youths serious at your own peril. Bless!

3 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Obdk: 12:12am On Oct 27, 2018
ionsman:
Lol... Youths ko, louts ni... I was in a bar with my brother, his friend(Lagos), another guy(Imo) and two other guys(kwara and Delta). The issue of who're you voting next year came up and everyone echoed Buhari except one person(your guess is good as mine).

I've decided to jejely wait till next year. All the like hunters on Nairaland think their likes will make Atiku president. No one is disputing the fact that Atiku is a formidable opponent(that's a shocking indictment on how gullible the citizenry of this country are) but don't delude yourself, Buhari will trounce Atiku.

In retrospect, take these clowns masquerading as Yoruba youths serious at your own peril. Bless!
Conehead easy dey lie

7 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by ndukaejime1994(m): 12:22am On Oct 27, 2018
Let's kick Buhari out in 2019

4 Likes

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by front4line: 1:25am On Oct 27, 2018
This is more ideal

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by NdiaraIGBO: 1:37am On Oct 27, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm actually from Ondo State , so shut the fuckup.

Buhari must go

Oloriburuku ni e!
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by NdiaraIGBO: 1:39am On Oct 27, 2018
Rapmoney:
Anyone who still supports Buhari needs a brain surgeon! An old incompetent man that can't even present Waec certificate! Some folks come online to defend the lifeless just to be paid N8,500 stipend every month. That's why you see them struggling so hard to buy 50mb sub everyday.

Go and support your Biafra!
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Kaetoh: 1:39am On Oct 27, 2018
grin
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by NdiaraIGBO: 1:41am On Oct 27, 2018
oilPUSSY:
Nice one from progressive Yorubas.
Not all these nairaland miscreants that are making noise everywhere.
Yorubas with voters card are not on nairaland. They are on ground waiting to do the needful on election day.

Yinmu!

Atiku is already regretting his poor selection of igbo VP.

Ko le werk
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by oshe111(m): 1:44am On Oct 27, 2018
ionsman:

Na sooo

All of una just represent East, West, South and North

NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by activistjohnny(m): 2:08am On Oct 27, 2018
Ijeshaooduaman:

I'm just thinking on what lifeless,clueless and dullard buhari will campaign on.
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Islie: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2018
cc lalasticlala

fashola can come up with a better gimmick but this one is too weak
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by 7lives: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2018
Obdk:

Conehead easy dey lie

If he had post something that You like, he would not have been a cone head.
Anyway 2019 is almost here, get enough buckets and handkerchiefs, remember to pay barbers in advance as you might need them to shave so many long faces ' cause as it is now, the hate and the hypocrisy of the likes of Obj and Oyedepo had only fueled people's anger towards anything PDP, in SW.
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by ionsman: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2018
oshe111:

Na sooo

All of una just represent East, West, South and North

NONSENSE

Do you have to believe? You're inconsequential in the scheme of things. Adios.
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by GoodofNaija: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2018
Good!

These are intelligent youths talking not illiterate certificateless zombies. cool

1 Like

Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by ionsman: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2018
Obdk:

Conehead easy dey lie

Whatever doesn't suit your narrative is a lie.I'm sure if I had mentioned everyone agreed to vote Atiku, it would have brought a smile to your face? Right? Like I mentioned, petty talks wouldn't win elections and it's a waste of time conversing with a one way twerp like you. Good day.
Re: We' Won't Repeat The Mistake Of Voting Buhari, Yoruba Youth Reply Fashola by Obdk: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2018
ionsman:

Whatever doesn't suit your narrative is a lie.I'm sure if I had mentioned everyone agreed to vote Atiku, it would have brought a smile to your face? Right? Like I mentioned, petty talks wouldn't win elections and it's a waste of time conversing with a one way twerp like you. Good day.

Bleep you ewedu mozlem

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angry Nigerians Disgrace Rotimi Ameachi At A Function Today In Abuja / Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism / Fani Kayode Cried Out On The Rumor Going Viral On Internet about Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.