Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo (825 Views)

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector / This Country Is Adrift, Sadly On Autopilot! / Reno Omokri States How PDP Left Nigeria On May 29, 2015 As 1$ Approaches ₦500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Elose11(m): 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo has observed that the administration of President Muhammadu is confused and has left Nigeria perilously adrift.
His observation came as leaders and elders of major socio-political groups met in Abuja on Wednesday to fashion a way out of what they said is a leadership failure which they observed had led to unabated killings across the country.

The summit was at the instance of Northern Elders Forum (NEF) led by former Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Prof. Ango Abdullahi.

Other participants were Ohanaze Ndigbo, Afenifere, Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) and North East Forum for Unity and Development, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI) and New Generation Representatives (NGR).

The former president was represented by former National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who read the president’s letter originally addressed to Prof. Ango as the Convener of the summit.

Obasanjo who said he could not be physically present because of a prior engagement in China, recalled how he and Ango during the NEF’s chairman visit to him weeks ago, had deliberated on “the danger to our democracy, our common identity, our commonality of purpose, our dream and our unity in diversity.”

The former president said: “We lamented the harm that the present Administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, by his action and inaction, has done and is doing to our commonwealth and our common heritage.

“Nigeria, in recent times, has not been so divided along religious and regional lines as at today with inexcusable killings and devastating poverty and with Government’s wringing hands and apparently incompetent to stem the tide except giving one unrighteous and unacceptable justification after the order.

“The obvious indication is that the Government is seemingly confused and has got to the end of its tether and the nation is being left divisively and perilously to drift.

“Earlier last week, I noted in a speech some undesirable elements being allowed and being introduced to our democracy by this Administration.

“If these are not stopped, they could be the death knell of our democracy. In spite of this unfortunate situatioris created by the Government my contact and consultation, which brought me face-to-face with people plights and frustration, also gave me hope.

“People are not ready to give up in despair and leave their fate and their present and future in the hands of inept leadership for their lives to be ruined.

“I see common concern across the nation irrespective of tribe, religion, region, language and social standing that the situation should be retrieved and the nation should be saved

“My dear brother and friend, Ango, this is why I strongly believe that this meeting, which is beyond politics, beyond religion, beyond economics, beyond status, is for saving the heart and soul of our nation through non- partisan and all-embracing participation to dialogue for our present and our future.

“Because we do not dialogue enough, most of us live in ignorance of one another, burdened and influenced by received prejudices, biases and twisted history.

“The time has come when we should constantly dialogue among ourselves at different levels to inform, educate and enlighten ourselves and dispel bad influences.

“A lot of misgivings, misunderstanding, misperception, misrepresentation, erroneous beliefs and outdated ideas and concepts can be cleared and a lot can be achieved.

“This “Dialogues Amongst Ourselves”, which are starting today, must not be a once-and-for-all affair. We must dialogue often for our collective progress.

“And I have no doubt that this first one will be a huge success. We are in dialogue because we are concerned for our country.

“I will hold myself ready to lead the holding and hosting of the next one at our end after due consultation with you and with others.

“Dialogue removes tensions, clears the air, leads to sharing views and to understand one another’s point of view. It promotes concord, harmony, cohesion, peace, security, inclusiveness, development and progress. It enthrones justice and equity and removes impunity.”

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/amp/155675

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by udoka55555: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
hmm
.this man like tackling people...
he tackled Goodluck out of office...
tackled Araraume until he can't even win chairmanship election...

now its the turn of Buhari...

if another person comes up he will still not be satisfied....

nobody can please this man.
Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Oblitz(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
hahahahahahahahahhaaaaaa
Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by richidinho(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
some of us patriotic Nigerians are not suprised...we warned you Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Olatunji1929: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
Buhari must go by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by chomchom1(f): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
[b][/b]Buhari is incompetent

1 Like

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by FarahAideed: 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
To say Buhari is confused is a misstatement!!!! Buhari is not confused and he is very focused on his own plans which is clearly Islam and Fulani superiority in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Paperwhite(m): 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
No confusion of whatsoever kind.Buhari is simply not only grossly incompetent but on a mission to complete what Usman Danfodio dreamt but never lived to fulfilled.But you know what? He is a monumental failure.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Oblang(m): 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
udoka55555:
hmm
.this man like tackling people...
he tackled Goodluck out of office...
tackled Araraume until he can't even win chairmanship election...

now its the turn of Buhari...

if another person comes up he will still not be satisfied....

nobody can please this man.

He should go to hell. Who cares if he's satisfied as long as majority are satisfied. He was lucky social media was not as rampant as this when he was president.
Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Kingspin(m): 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Even the devil is against Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Johnnyessence(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
obj talk tough on this one.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Merimental(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
Dey don't even care 4 a second.
Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by TheFreeOne: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nigeria, in recent times, has not been so divided along religious and regional lines as at today with inexcusable killings and devastating poverty and with Government’s wringing hands and apparently incompetent to stem the tide except giving one unrighteous and unacceptable justification after the order

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by goldenval(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Confused, Left Nigeria Adrift ―obasanjo by Omeokachie: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
What some of us saw sitting down, OBJ could not even from the top of Olumo rock.

Today he cries.

Buhari will can never change. He is failure personified.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Unprecedented Level Of Patience Shown To A President / Fani-kayode Praises Buhari,says Only Him Cannot Solve Nigeria’s Problem / Adeleke Leads In Osun Guber Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.