Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? (10612 Views)

Nigerian Restaurant In Nice, France / Nigerian Restaurant In Johannesburg / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2010
My Peeps,

I am on my way to Paris and need someone to assist me with where I can find Nigerian dishes in Paris.
Kindly, provide me with the address and contacts details of the restaurant.

Thanks!
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by worry246(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2010
You useless person!
You are going to visit one of the most vibrant cities in the world with thousands of types of food to try.
All you want is Nigerian food.
You big mumu stay at home and eat snails & catfish.
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by tpiah: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^no need to get so abusive undecided

they also eat snails in france for crying out loud.

@ poster why cant you try french food which btw is internationally reknowned?

not that i dont understand your wanting naija foods, but dont visit france without sampling french cuisine!
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by KennyG6(m): 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2010
try Miliki restaurant MiLiKi Restaurant in Barbes,

16, Rue Ferdinand Flocon 75018 Paris Tel:0142624678
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Worry246, ur abuses do not require my response cos ur name here explains ur personality.
@Tpiah, thanks, i sure will do some french delicacies, but would like to have Nigerian meals as well cos i would be staying long.
@Kenny G, thanks a million man.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by snowdrops(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2010
worry246:

You useless person!
You are going to visit one of the most vibrant cities in the world with thousands of types of food to try.
This is the most inappropriate and offensive post i have ever read on NL.
Poster asked a perfectly reasonable question and you came out with insults.
Typifies what NL should not be about.

Please do the decent thing and apologize

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by AjanleKoko: 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2010
I know a Camerounian restaurant, La Gazelle.
Somewhere in District 8, Charles De Gaulle Etoile (Arc De Triomphe metro stop).
Fantastic place. Their food is very close to ours. You can even get a stew very close to Edikang Ikong.

MILIKI's stop I think is Jules Joffrin. A bit of a rough area.
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2010
worry246:

You useless person!

Is there any part of ur brain cell that works at all?

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by kadman(m): 2:38am On Jun 15, 2010
worry246:

You useless person!

Very uncalled for ! But playing the Devil's advocate. . I can understand this poster, Nigerians never wanting to try anything new can be frustrating smiley
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by otawa: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
Paris, city of Love and good food.

I would not want to eat Nigerian food out there.

Rue Saint Jacques has some of the best places to eat.

enjoy your stay and make sure you go to Cata-Combes.
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2010
French cuisine is world renown, and the service you'll get from a Parisien Maître d' is second to none, impeccable. I'd at least try some of their dishes, if you still can't stomach them, then fair enough, try the Nigerian restaurant listed by Kenny_G.

It would be a shame though, to travel all the way from Nigeria to Paris, and still insist on eating Nigerian dishes, which probably won't be as nice or fresh as the same dishes cooked in Nigeria. I agree with Kadman though, about Nigerians resistant to change, or trying anything different.

@ Worry246: Your outburst was totally unprovoked, and uncalled for. I think an apology's in order.
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by Medlabgirl: 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
Worry 246 Apparently has a deep seated hatred for Nigerian food and I suspect Nigeria as a whole. Here is an example of a previous post by him/her, and my reply.

Quote from: worry246 on June 11, 2010, 07:06 PM
Let's look at what happened
She was SPITTING!
I don't know what is acceptable in nigeria but in any civilized country spitting is the dirtyest thing !!
You do not spit  whatever the reason.
One case was confiscated.
"One of her bags was gone, and of course all the dried fish, egusi, crayfish, stockfish, fried snails etc, were discarded. "
Note a case full of food banned in any western country!
This dirty food is illegal in the UK! and probably Canada so why was she trying to smuggle it through?
While she was being held she was given medical care by UK doctors( and I bet she was not chalged)
If she had the same problems at Lagos airport she would still be either lying on the floor or "dissapeared into a police cell or road ditch.

YOU DUNDERHEAD,are obviously NOT A NIGERIAN! Why would you come to a public forum and display your ignorance You have also displayed an intolerable amount of insensitivity to the plight of a fellow human being! Nairaland is for Nigerians and friends of Nigeria! That you can call our food "dirty" shows that you know zero about Nigeria. Empires have been built over a good serving of Egusi soup you @ss! I challenge you to come up with even one country where Nigerian food is banned. The UK you came up with? Then what with all the ethnic stores in the UK? There's no Nigerian food you cannot buy in the UK, and for that matter in any major city in the world! Educate yourself!

So what if she was spitting? It is a very common symptom of pregnancy, and it can happen to anyone , irrespective of race! I suggest you google "Excessive salivation in pregnancy"; I am pretty sure you are not a woman! If you are, then please allow me to wish you Hyperemesis Gravidarum if you ever get pregnant.

Finally, the Nigerian immigration folk would never, EVER, treat a pregnant woman badly. We were all raised by good mothers, which is more than I can at this point, say for you! Oloshi, omo ale!   

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-458323.32.html

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
Medlabgirl, I saw that thread, and yes, Worry seems to have a personal gripe against Nigeria, Nigerians and anything associated with both.
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by mrgbite(m): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2010
Maaan!!! this WORRY is rude, crude and a brute! get a friggin' life or simply die of depression in you pathetic "worried" life.
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by Goodmeals(f): 12:40am On Oct 21, 2012
if you are looking for a Nigerian restaurant in Paris, there's a new one called

AFRICAN KITCHEN
92 rue saint - maur,
75011 Paris.
www.africankitchenparis.fr

smiley smiley
Re: Where Can I Find A Nigerian Restaurant In Paris? by fedrick901(m): 5:04pm On May 08, 2017
drbigdaddyg:
My Peeps,

I am on my way to Paris and need someone to assist me with where I can find Nigerian dishes in Paris.
Kindly, provide me with the address and contacts details of the restaurant.

Thanks!

thinking of some french food to try?

see http://porumba.com/10-french-food-you-need-to-taste

(1) (Reply)

Train Transport Revenue Surges To Over ₦900 Million In Q1 2021 / 270k Giveaway To Lucky Nairalanders - Selection Thread. / What Are The Existing And The Potential Tourist Attraction Sites In Your State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.