Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) (74672 Views)

Croatian President, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Painting Her Own House (Photos) / Croatian President: Beyond Her Beauty Let Her CV Inspire You..Pics / Meet Jakov Kitarović, Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović's Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:10am On Jul 20, 2018
davidif:

Not everyone in the north is hausa or fulani, there are so many tribes there that it's not even funny. What is going to happen to them? Most African countries can't even stand on their own without foreign aid and you want to create more headcases who will be going to the west to beg for aid.

Don't mind the guy.

What we should be looking at is how to make the countries in Africa more viable

Look at Malawi and Burundi are those ones countries?
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2018
sharpwriter:

You've spoken well my brother.. exactly what I teach others. But it's more disheartening that supposedly educated ones are so daft and bereft of this simple knowledge. I still see senior lecturers that opposes splitting of Nigeria into smaller governable units with the foolish excuse that Yoruba or others will suffer most because access to crude oil money would have been cut away. They can't see the blessings of nature diversely in every region which is able to make each region great. You see foolishness abounds in all sector in this country and that's why we're where we are... it's terrible.

Nigeria is better together than split.

It's just that the structure of governance needs to be dismantled and the States given more responsibility and revenue streams too.

Ask yourself WHY Nigeria is not working.

Splitting a country especially A Nigeria is not as easy as drawing a line on the sand and that's it.

We have to share everything we used to have together I.e. the reserve, the armoury, etc

Who gets what? etc
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:15am On Jul 20, 2018
emorse:

India is more culturally diverse than Nigeria. So are many other countries that are doing far better than we currently are. Balkanizing a country based on cultural diversity cannot guarantee development.

Check your home state (wherever that is) for example, I'm quite sure that at one time or the other, there has been a battle for supremacy among the indigent tribes. Spain is not as diverse as we are, yet Catalunya wants away.

If we go that route, we will keep breaking apart with high hopes until we have autonomous families or even individuals and still we will not find fulfilment.

Nigeria is not too large to succeed. All we need is mutual respect and the political will to do the right things.

you got that right

mutual respect and political will
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2018
sharpwriter:

You've spoken well my brother.. exactly what I teach others. But it's more disheartening that supposedly educated ones are so daft and bereft of this simple knowledge. I still see senior lecturers that opposes splitting of Nigeria into smaller governable units with the foolish excuse that Yoruba or others will suffer most because access to crude oil money would have been cut away. They can't see the blessings of nature diversely in every region which is able to make each region great. You see foolishness abounds in all sector in this country and that's why we're where we are... it's terrible.
Even me sef tire. Foolishness everywhere

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2018
emorse:

India is more culturally diverse than Nigeria. So are many other countries that are doing far better than we currently are. Balkanizing a country based on cultural diversity cannot guarantee development.

Check your home state (wherever that is) for example, I'm quite sure that at one time or the other, there has been a battle for supremacy among the indigent tribes. Spain is not as diverse as we are, yet Catalunya wants away.

If we go that route, we will keep breaking apart with high hopes until we have autonomous families or even individuals and still we will not find fulfilment.

Nigeria is not too large to succeed. All we need is mutual respect and the political will to do the right things.
India? You must be kidding right? Una don leave China kon dey mention India. Do you even know what is going on in India these days? Is India a force to reckon with? The Hindus are Muslims fight each other. There are ethnic clashes all the time in that country with many casualties. India and Pakistan experience ethnic clashes like Nigeria. Mind you, Pakistan was part of India decades ago. Today, othe Pakistani minorities are tired of the country. The accuse the Punjabis - who make up 45% of relegating them in politics.
Yes, the Catalans want to leave Spain. And this is because they complain of being cheate. Their case is just like that of the Niger Deltans. They feel they are being cheated because they give more than they receive. Besides, the Catalan region is close to 8 million in population. I expect the to do well on their. You don't to be 100 million before you begin to progress. The Calatans are an ethnic group that share a common language, culture and history. Why are the Spaniards holding? Because they have a lot to lose if they do. The Spaniards are less concerned about what benefits the Catalans but what benefit them. When you talk of human and greed.
Let me tell you that the Basque /region also want to leave Spain. Let us see how Spain intends to hold these two from leaving. They might have the upper edge now, but they will get tired sooner than they think.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2018
davidif:
[url][/url]

Those are wild assumptions you are making there. This are the same assumptions South Sudan and Eritrea made when they were splitting up.
The truth of the matter is that diversity is a strength and Nigeria can work just like Spain, Malaysia, Indonesia work. It's just that the current model has to be changed. We need to decentralize power. This current model we are practicing where everything is centralized from policing to education is not working. We need to go back to the old model of decentralized govt we practiced before the military took over where the nation only had a few regions (as opposed to 36 different states) with a certain degree of autonomy allowing them to grow at their own pace. This is the style of govt Spain practices and Canada and it has been successful.
All what you wrote are assumptions brother. And no, our strength is in our unity not in our diversity. There is no benefit in being diversed.
In Nigeria, you have Esan, Benin, Yoruba, Tiv, Efik, Anang, Igbo, Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, Ijaw, Urhobo, Ebira, Idoma, Igala, Nupe, Ibibio and 200 more. Na only una dey this world? Those ethnic groups I listed are in their millions. How can you have a country like this and expect it to work?
I tire for una

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by justtoodark: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2018
zinaunreal:

Why can you read. I said your mother is a real bitch

you are calling actualy your mother a bitch....
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2018
Ugosample:

Nigeria is better together than split.

It's just that the structure of governance needs to be dismantled and the States given more responsibility and revenue streams too.

Ask yourself WHY Nigeria is not working.

Splitting a country especially A Nigeria is not as easy as drawing a line on the sand and that's it.

We have to share everything we used to have together I.e. the reserve, the armoury, etc

Who gets what? etc

It's not easy splitting because beneficiaries of this kind of system know it won't favor them in stealing and oppressing others. That's why they are allergic to common sense. You think they don't know the right thing to do? They do. I agree with your restructuring stuff, by giving more power to the state. The regional days of Nigeria were the better days. But can't you see how they're fighting it? Even with all clarity that the present system isn't working they believe to continue insanely like this is the best. Brother, we're talking of people who hates truth. That restructuring sef will only be achieved by God's grace, that's if the southern leaders borrow themselves sense or else if the country explodes finally, even the leaders won't be safe but sadly enough they're have more advantage to flee the country unlike less privileges. Splitting is the best though... restructuring is just a mild acceptable alternative .

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2018
justtoodark:

you are calling actualy your mother a bitch....

Your mama dey waya all the croatian team at thesame time
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by justtoodark: 10:48am On Jul 20, 2018
zinaunreal:

Your mama dey waya all the croatian team at thesame time

i dey wire your croatian bitch day and night....

she sabi svck no be small....
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
justtoodark:

i dey wire your croatian bitch day and night....

she sabi svck no be small....

Your mother should come suck ma balls.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by justtoodark: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
zinaunreal:

Your mother should come suck ma balls.

your mother svck better...

tell her to svck you...
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by AceDomino(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
Humble
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by emorse(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

India? You must be kidding right? Una don leave China kon dey mention India. Do you even know what is going on in India these days? Is India a force to reckon with? The Hindus are Muslims fight each other. There are ethnic clashes all the time in that country with many casualties. India and Pakistan experience ethnic clashes like Nigeria. Mind you, Pakistan was part of India decades ago. Today, othe Pakistani minorities are tired of the country. The accuse the Punjabis - who make up 45% of relegating them in politics.
Yes, the Catalans want to leave Spain. And this is because they complain of being cheate. Their case is just like that of the Niger Deltans. They feel they are being cheated because they give more than they receive. Besides, the Catalan region is close to 8 million in population. I expect the to do well on their. You don't to be 100 million before you begin to progress. The Calatans are an ethnic group that share a common language, culture and history. Why are the Spaniards holding? Because they have a lot to lose if they do. The Spaniards are less concerned about what benefits the Catalans but what benefit them. When you talk of human and greed.
Let me tell you that the Basque /region also want to leave Spain.
Let us see how Spain intends to hold these two from leaving. They might have the upper edge now, but they will get tired sooner than they think.
My point exactly. With their superior level of development and standard of living, the Catalans want more(compared to ours). No matter how much we disintegrate this country, we will never be satisfied.

The concepts of equity and justice are more subjective than empirical hence, people will always hold grudges against one another even up till the family and individual levels.

I maintain that Nigeria as it is can and will work. The only missing ingredients are mutual respect and the political will.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by emorse(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
sharpwriter:

Sir, I don't know your tribe.... but talking about respect, you won't get that from religious extremists from the Core North. Even some educated ones among them are more dangerous than some of their illiterates. Respect when some encroach others, rape and kill people without anything being done. Or is there respect when some northern elites own oil blocs down south but southerner can't lay claim to any national resources up north. Respect? You think those people will wanna succumb to rightness. It's a pipe dream sir. It won't get better until we address the right issue by separating regions. It's very simple to see. But to deny it and expect goodness, it won't happen. If Nigeria gets better a bit just as Obasanjo era, it's still coming back to its unrest. it's been like that. It's cycle upon cycle = stagnation. Another crazy leader will still come and destroy things and his tribe will support him to the detriment and anger of other tribes.

You see bro, character and behaviour are individual qualities. No tribe or group of people have a monopoly of these qualities. Whatever stereotypic beliefs we have against one another are results of years and years of indoctrination.

For example, the Igbo's are fraudulent people (I know a lot of honest Igbo's), Yorubas are dirty ritualists (I know many who are not), Benue girls are s.e.Bleep machines (some of the most conservative girls I know are from Benue).

You know what they say about respect. It is reciprocal. Respect your neighbours(people from other tribes) and watch as they reciprocate. If we succeed in doing this at the personal level, the knock-on effect will lead us to the promise land.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
emorse:

You see bro, character and behaviour are individual qualities. No tribe or group of people have a monopoly of these qualities. Whatever stereotypic beliefs we have against one another are results of years and years of indoctrination.

For example, the Igbo's are fraudulent people (I know a lot of honest Igbo's), Yorubas are dirty ritualists (I know many who are not), Benue girls are s.e.Bleep machines (some of the most conservative girls I know are from Benue).

You know what they say about respect. It is reciprocal. Respect your neighbours(people from other tribes) and watch as they reciprocate. If we succeed in doing this at the personal level, the knock-on effect will lead us to the promise land.

I understand you....But you are only speaking from your own true mind as things shud be. In the world, there is idealism and realism. While your proposition and explanation is achievable as it could be seen in some parts of the world. It is not yet a reality here in Africa, especially Nigeria. It is just wishful thinking and pipe dream. It wont happen, not for a very long time. The truth is that, despite the fact that the East wasnts secession, yet they can still live reasonably with people. But the North, forget about respect or goodlife with them. It is there for us to see. They are very clear. So, if yu call them what they are as terror to the rest of the country, that is not sentiment. It is clear. Truth is that Every region is a country in this Nigeria. And none of the tribes living here created Nigeria. It was created by the Whites. Some strangers created anomalies for us, the consequences are all over, and we think we can't ''uncreate.'' Apart from Greed, and some other wickedness, one of the problems of Africans in relation with the white is low self esteem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
emorse:

My point exactly. With their superior level of development and standard of living, the Catalans want more(compared to ours). No matter how much we disintegrate this country, we will never be satisfied.

The concepts of equity and justice are more subjective than empirical hence, people will always hold grudges against one another even up till the family and individual levels.

I maintain that Nigeria as it is can and will work. The only missing ingredients are mutual respect and the political will.
I am a Yoruba man. Are you telling South West or South East will split further when they leave Nigeria? The only places that would further divide are regions with immense diversity. Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi will join their brothers in the West. Itsekiri, Edo, Urhobos will be under one country. Believe me, if Nigeria splits by war, all these would learn to have mutual respect for each other. You know why? They won't want to experience it again. War benefits no one. Even if Nigeria split peacefully, all these minority tribes would respect each other. When the Itsekiris bemoan that they are being marginalized, other tribes would sit with them to discuss so they won't seceed. In Nigeria, things can't work this way. Anyways, you are entitled to your opinion sha just I am to mine.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by emorse(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2018
sharpwriter:

I understand you....But you are only speaking from your own true mind as things shud be. In the world, there is idealism and realism. While your proposition and explanation is achievable as it could be seen in some parts of the world...
Let me ask you a question. Do you have mallams who own "provision kiosks" in your area? How many times have you caught them terrorising the neighbourhood? I'll bet on "never".

If you have spent time in the southwest though(Lagos especially) you must be familiar with the " agberos" and "omo itas" who can be very mean and dangerous. They are not northerners. The cultists terrorising PH and environs are not northerners. The boys at Onitsha main market who have become a major cause of concern are not northerners. I used to have this same belief too. However, the little time i spent reflecting helped me see things in new light.

As a matter of fact, I now believe we are more united than we have been made to believe. After all, a multicultural city like Lagos would be a war zone if not so. Our greedy leaders only whip up these sentiments to divide and conquer us. The moment we realise what strength lies in our unity, the moment we realise that there are good and bad people, not tribes, that moment we will begin to rise as a people.

Please note, my submission is not intended to discredit your opinion. Its only to try to show you a different point of view. Cheers.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 6:58am On Jul 21, 2018
emorse:

Let me ask you a question. Do you have mallams who own "provision kiosks" in your area? How many times have you caught them terrorising the neighbourhood? I'll bet on "never".

If you have spent time in the southwest though(Lagos especially) you must be familiar with the " agberos" and "omo itas" who can be very mean and dangerous. They are not northerners. The cultists terrorising PH and environs are not northerners. The boys at Onitsha main market who have become a major cause of concern are not northerners. I used to have this same belief too. However, the little time i spent reflecting helped me see things in new light.

As a matter of fact, I now believe we are more united than we have been made to believe. After all, a multicultural city like Lagos would be a war zone if not so. Our greedy leaders only whip up these sentiments to divide and conquer us. The moment we realise what strength lies in our unity, the moment we realise that there are good and bad people, not tribes, that moment we will begin to rise as a people.

Please note, my submission is not intended to discredit your opinion. Its only to try to show you a different point of view. Cheers.

I'm in the southwest. I get you, but let me point out something in your writing. The mallams here especially sabo rarely cause trouble because it's not their domain and land. Agbero you talked about cause trouble because na their area. Cultist in PH cause clashes because it's their land and they're dominant there. While mallams cause trouble also in the north. That's general It's all bad though. But have you seen Yoruba or Igbo or Niger deltan people becoming a terror to people in the north like the Fulanis are doing? Do we go to farms or villages raping their women and killing their youths? Have you seen Obasanjo or Jonathan aiding their tribesmen to destroy others? Bros, insanity rules in Nigeria, especially from northern domain. If I'm to travel from my place to Anambra for example, it's nothing less than 6-7 hours. But you will hear that hoodlums are ransacking and killing people within that time range 6 hours without a check from security operatives and you say you are in a country? Are those killers up to a thousand at a time? No! but a government can divert 30000 policemen to a single state for election. Are just 5000 policemen not available and enough to flush out the killers in Benue or Kaduna or Taraba? It's commonsense bro. All the failures to do the right thing simply means something is wrong. Some things are not working because of many issues. It's underestimated by those unaffected but do you know what it means for someone to be alive today and tomorrow he's no more because of killing. As we're chatting some are already marked for death in another future attack but they don't know. it may be today or next week or any time. Are they chickens? You wanna progress like Asians and westerners and you continue this system? We will wait tire. If we can't learn from the past as southerners, then progress will be slow, no two ways about it. Fantasy closes eyes to reality. The greater danger is for us to think that our enemies love us even when it's clear that they're up to mischief and have no good plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by stalingraddd(m): 9:52am On Jul 21, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Of course I know of Somalia. But why did you ignore the point I made. Somalia is just one bad egg.
Go and read about Botswana
I get your drift but homogeneity isnt. the. key. look. at powerful countries like us and. China which are not homogenous. in either. religion or. ethnicity
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 9:55am On Jul 21, 2018
stalingraddd:
I get your drift but homogeneity isnt. the. key. look. at powerful countries like us and. China which are not homogenous. in either. religion or. ethnicity
I never mentioned homogeneity. I said 'dominated'. For instance, Han Chinese are an ethnic group that dominate China by making up 92% of china's population
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2018
sharpwriter:

I'm in the southwest. I get you, but let me point out something in your writing. The mallams here especially sabo rarely cause trouble because it's not their domain and land. Agbero you talked about cause trouble because na their area. Cultist in PH cause clashes because it's their land and they're dominant there. While mallams cause trouble also in the north. That's general It's all bad though. But have you seen Yoruba or Igbo or Niger deltan people becoming a terror to people in the north like the Fulanis are doing? Do we go to farms or villages raping their women and killing their youths? Have you seen Obasanjo or Jonathan aiding their tribesmen to destroy others? Bros, insanity rules in Nigeria, especially from northern domain. If I'm to travel from my place to Anambra for example, it's nothing less than 6-7 hours. But you will hear that hoodlums are ransacking and killing people within that time range 6 hours without a check from security operatives and you say you are in a country? Are those killers up to a thousand at a time? No! but a government can divert 30000 policemen to a single state for election. Are just 5000 policemen not available and enough to flush out the killers in Benue or Kaduna or Taraba? It's commonsense bro. All the failures to do the right thing simply means something is wrong. Some things are not working because of many issues. It's underestimated by those unaffected but do you know what it means for someone to be alive today and tomorrow he's no more because of killing. As we're chatting some are already marked for death in another future attack but they don't know. it may be today or next week or any time. Are they chickens? You wanna progress like Asians and westerners and you continue this system? We will wait tire. If we can't learn from the past as southerners, then progress will be slow, no two ways about it. Fantasy closes eyes to reality. The greater danger is for us to think that our enemies love us even when it's clear that they're up to mischief and have no good plan.
Did you say you are Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
Did you say you are Yoruba?
Yes, anything the matter?
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
sharpwriter:

Yes, anything the matter?
No brother. I like to see Yorubas that think like you. We need to leave Nigeria. We have the resources to grow. What exactly are we going to lose when we leave? What are we benefitting from this country? We have the sea, the land, 40 million Yoruba population. What exactly are Yoruba people scared of?
There should be more Yorubas like you in our land. Our people must be enlightened. We need to leave this county. We have more to gain when this country disintegrates.

2 Likes

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

No brother. I like to see Yorubas that think like you. We need to leave Nigeria. We have the resources to grow. What exactly are we going to lose when we leave? What are we benefitting from this country? We have the sea, the land, 40 million Yoruba population. What exactly are Yoruba people scared of?
There should be more Yorubas like you in our land. Our people must be enlightened. We need to leave this county. We have more to gain when this country disintegrates.

You are right brother. Most of our Yoruba brothers amaze me. They can't think beyond what they see. Some have our ideologies. But it's a pity our leaders are the problem. They are very foolish, because they learn nothing from history. If any fracas break out for top now, many of them will be killed like chickens. They don't even understand that Nigeria is Orile awon ede, not Orile ede. It is Orile ede(people of one identical language) that makes a country. There are countries that thrive only on tourism. But in Yorubaland alone, we have choice places for tourism, human resources, vast waste lands (yu can see them during travels), etc. just as you pointed out. Bros. The number one problem is the OIL. The OIL down south has rendered leaders useless and foolish, hence, they cant think of any other source. We Nigerians in total see position as a place to relax and arrived not a place to compete with other nations to have importance and pride. I wouldn't like to say that we are lazy, but we are MENTALLY LAZY. Most of these leaders just love to bow for foreigners without being able to think things out themselves. And you see most of them presently cant rule in ancient times with this kinda attitude because they wont last; they will lose all their power, land, women and children to strangers who know how to snatch territories. I believe the oil mioney is why they are foolish together with other south easterners and south south, hence, their only consensus is how to get their own share at the detriment of the land they grew from.

You see, splitting may not bring 100% expectation, but it will be better. Governing will be easier. if there is disagreement, they will know that they are within themselves, likewise other regions. But when North says they are the head, and East who are different people who dont even understand Northern language wants it; Niger delta says they own their oil. And Yorubas says they own the next rotation of power, will their not be chaos? Our people cant see far, it is a sorry case. The fact that some strangers even created the country for us is a thing to challenge and frown at. Most people read to collect salaries and oppress others, not to benefit themselves and the society. The hatred in Nigeria is real, and it didn't just happen today, it had been since the 60's. It only burst out the more. There are many people that will burn the flag of Nigeria at any opportunity today, but an American flag means something to Americans. Our flag means nothing to us except hatred for a country that has tormented her citizens and deprived them of average good life, thus, Nigeria is only in the mouth, not in the mind or head. Nigeria doesn't exist; it is a pipedream. Regional system of government can be better though like we have in independence till Military took over; but splitting is the best. The beginning of a new dawn and era. It will only happen if southerners get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
sharpwriter:

You are right brother. Most of our Yoruba brothers amaze me. They can't think beyond what they see. Some have our ideologies. But it's a pity our leaders are the problem. They are very foolish, because they learn nothing from history. If any fracas break out for top now, many of them will be killed like chickens. They don't even understand that Nigeria is Orile awon ede, not Orile ede. It is Orile ede(people of one identical language) that makes a country. There are countries that thrive only on tourism. But in Yorubaland alone, we have choice places for tourism, human resources, vast waste lands (yu can see them during travels), etc. just as you pointed out. Bros. The number one problem is the OIL. The OIL down south has rendered leaders useless and foolish, hence, they cant think of any other source. We Nigerians in total see position as a place to relax and arrived not a place to compete with other nations to have importance and pride. I wouldn't like to say that we are lazy, but we are MENTALLY LAZY. Most of these leaders just love to bow for foreigners without being able to think things out themselves. And you see most of them presently cant rule in ancient times with this kinda attitude because they wont last; they will lose all their power, land, women and children to strangers who know how to snatch territories. I believe the oil mioney is why they are foolish together with other south easterners and south south, hence, their only consensus is how to get their own share at the detriment of the land they grew from.

You see, splitting may not bring 100% expectation, but it will be better. Governing will be easier. if there is disagreement, they will know that they are within themselves, likewise other regions. But when North says they are the head, and East who are different people who dont even understand Northern language wants it; Niger delta says they own their oil. And Yorubas says they own the next rotation of power, will their not be chaos? Our people cat see far, it is a sorry case. The fact that some strangers even created the country for us is a thing to challenge and frown at. Most people read to collect salaries and oppress others, not to benefit themselves and the society. The hatred in Nigeria is real, and it didn't just happen today, it had been since the 60's. It only burst out the more. There are many people that will burn the flag of Nigeria at any opportunity today, but an American flag means something to Americans. Our flag means nothing to us except hatred for a country that has tormented her citizens and deprived them of average good life, thus, Nigeria is only in the mouth, not in the mind or head. Nigeria doesn't exist; it is a pipedream. Regional system of government can be better though like we have in independence till Military took over; but splitting is the best. The beginning of a new dawn and era. It will only happen if southerners get sense.
Omoluabi rere. All what you wrote about Nigeria is the simple truth. Even Lugard made mention of all these. We don't have a foresight. We also don't learn from our past. We behave like the yellow minions. Our leaders are always looking for the next people to serve. Leadership post is a place to relax. Our Yoruba brothers are asking for regionalism even when the North have opposed it. Like you said, regionalism is good, but splitting is better.
You get brain.
Efiko ni yin. I would love to see more Yorubas like you.

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Omoluabi rere. All what you wrote about Nigeria is the simple truth. Even Lugard made mention of all these. We don't have a foresight. We also don't learn from our past. We behave like the yellow minions. Our leaders are always looking for the next people to serve. Leadership post is a place to relax. Our Yoruba brothers are asking for regionalism even when the North have opposed it. Like you said, regionalism is good, but splitting is better.
You get brain.
Efiko ni yin. I would love to see more Yorubas like you.

Thanks... you too... I read Lugard's submission about Africans here on Nairaland last year. It looks insulting but it's the simple truth. I was already thinking in that line with my observation of things but was amazed that the white man captured our situation correctly and corroborated my thoughts. Ki Eledumare ran wa lowo.

PS: It's clear that the people up north are up to no good and progress since they're against simple regionalism. Foolish people with no future vision.

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
sharpwriter:

Thanks... you too... I read Lugard's submission about Africans here on Nairaland last year. It looks insulting but it's the simple truth. I was already thinking in that line with my observation of things but was amazed that the white man captured our situation correctly and corroborated my thoughts. Ki Eledumare ran wa lowo.

PS: It's clear that the people up north are up to no good and progress since they're against simple regionalism. Foolish people with no future vision.
The reason the North don't want regionalism is the same reason they don't want the country to disintegrate. The oil and sea is what they want, nothing more. This is why they dominate those two resources. They don't want Nigeria but they must stick to it because of the sea and oil. The North don't care whether the country is peaceful or working. What they want is to milk the South. It has been like this since Lugard's time. In fact, the reason for the North and South amalgamation was because the North was unproductive.
My problem is these fools we call Yoruba leaders. The world is now shifting focus from fossil fuels to clean energy like solar. With electric cars becoming popular, Crude oil will soon become useless. These foolish don't seem to care. I have always like Tinubu because of the believe that unlike that cunning Obasanjo, he would unite us under one party and push for secession. But now, I don't see any difference between him and Obasanjo.
Bro, with the kind of leaders we have in Yorubaland, I think it will be hard for Yorubas to leave Nigeria. The North seem to be the ones that hold the key to split this country. Or maybe until crude oil becomes valueless.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

The reason the North don't want regionalism is the same reason they don't want the country to disintegrate. The oil and sea is what they want, nothing more. This is why they dominate those two resources. They don't want Nigeria but they must stick to it because of the sea and oil. The North don't care whether the country is peaceful or working. What they want is to milk the South. It has been like this since Lugard's time. In fact, the reason for the North and South amalgamation was because the North was unproductive.
My problem is these fools we call Yoruba leaders. The world is now shifting focus from fossil fuels to clean energy like solar. With electric cars becoming popular, Crude oil will soon become useless. These foolish don't seem to care. I have always like Tinubu because of the believe that unlike that cunning Obasanjo, he would unite us under one party and push for secession. But now, I don't see any difference between him and Obasanjo.
Bro, with the kind of leaders we have in Yorubaland, I think it will be hard for Yorubas to leave Nigeria. The North seem to be the ones that hold the key to split this country. Or maybe until crude oil becomes valueless.

You are very right! Our leaders are traitors to their lands and people. I cant imagine what will happen if crude oil dries up or if it becomes valueless suddenly. Panic attacks and multiple suicide perhaps grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by davidif: 3:29am On Jul 27, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

All what you wrote are assumptions brother. And no, our strength is in our unity not in our diversity. There is no benefit in being diversed.
In Nigeria, you have Esan, Benin, Yoruba, Tiv, Efik, Anang, Igbo, Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, Ijaw, Urhobo, Ebira, Idoma, Igala, Nupe, Ibibio and 200 more. Na only una dey this world? Those ethnic groups I listed are in their millions. How can you have a country like this and expect it to work?
I tire for una

So you are asking for 200 more countries when almost all of the African states besides South Africa is viable? What kind of reasoning is that? I am sure it's this kind of reasoning that caused us to create 36 states when all we needed was 6 regions.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by davidif: 3:30am On Jul 27, 2018
Ugosample:

Don't mind the guy.

What we should be looking at is how to make the countries in Africa more viable

Look at Malawi and Burundi are those ones countries?

I tire o.
Re: Croatian President Personally Driving The National Football Team (Photos) by Patrioticooduan: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
davidif:

So you are asking for 200 more countries when almost all of the African states besides South Africa is viable? What kind of reasoning is that? I am sure it's this kind of reasoning that caused us to create 36 states when all we needed was 6 regions.
Nigeria does not need to divide into 200. We can divide into 5. The Northerners created states so that they could dominate Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

At least 65 dead in Makkah Grand Mosque crane crash (graphic Pics) / China Deploys Army Of Ducks To Fight Off Biggest Locust Invasion In 20 Years / Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.