Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

The contract - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The contract (136917 Views)

Writers Needed For Long Term Contract / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The contract by Nogodye(m): 3:54am On Sep 01, 2018
Keep it up guy...
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 6:48am On Sep 01, 2018
CATHERINE
she got down from the car,took her handbag,she was about to enter when she noticed a very strange car.she checked it and saw it was bentley 2017.who bought such a very expensive car.she called on the gateman
"baba,who owns this car?"
"its your husband ma."
"my husband..where did he get the money to buy this kind of car"
"i dont knw oga,around 4pm he come bring the car park here,and he went back to work."
"alright.thank you"she took a glance at the car again and went inside..she needed to prepare dinner for her husband.
RICHARD
he looked at the bentley again and smiled,when he got to the office after leaving the arowosegbe house he browsed about bentley cars and he was surprised by the price it was about 200 million naira even though he didnt get the actual price..chai..he could remember some months ago it was very difficult making ends meet,see how fast a mans story can change.he held his briefcase and went inside he met catherine watching t.v.they exchanged greetings before he went inside to change,he later came back wearing short knickers and a round neck shirt.he grabbed a seat beside her.he was very hungry,he decided against eating outside because he liked homemade food it was what his mother had thought him,but he wasnt sure what he was going to eat.
"richard.i saw a bentley am not sure of the model,but where did you get?"
"the model is 2017,she stood up immediately,
"where did you get the money to buy that kind of car?
"i didnt buy,it was a gift"
"by whom?"
"by a friend,i saved someones life and the family gave it to me as a sign of their gratitude"
"what did you do?"he wasnt in the mood to start explaining anything but he felt she has the right to know.he explained everything to her while she just kept quiet.after he finished she didnt know what to day,she never thought nigerians could afford that kind of car.she sat down.she heard the growling of his stomach.she smiled.
"your food on the dining table,if its cold just put it in the oven to warm it up.she could see him smiling,with the little time they have spent together she observed that he liked food and his favourite sports was football,a chelsea fan to be precise.he was so passionate about football.and she also observed that he liked homemade food,he rarely eats outside.he slowly stood up and went to the dining table.he opened the food flask,it was poundo yam just what he wanted with efo elegusi.with different kinds of assorted meat.he quickly washed his hands,served himself and began eating,this life is too short,so he must enjoy himself to the fullest,he remembered those days when they eat watery soup with no meat.he only remembered his mother face vividly,young and vibrant,always ready to sacrifice anything for her son.he wished she was alive to enjoy the fruits of her labour.he wiped his tears in his eyes and continued eating.************
he parked his car in his old neighbourhood,he cant remember the last time he last came here,maybe 20 years ago and he wasnt sure whether his father would still be living in the neighbourhood.the last he heard about him was that he had married another woman.after walking for a while he finally got the house,there was no one outside.
"is anybody home?"he heard no response he called out again.this time an old man came out.he was using walking stick to support
"my son.what do you want?"he prostrated as a sign of greeting
"please sir.am looking for this man"he showed him the picture of his father.the man recognised him immediately.
"you mean this man,i sent him packing last month when he refused to pay the house rent,since he uses all of his money to drink alcohol"
"do you know where he lives?"
"three houses from here,its painted blue"
"thank you sir."he quickly headed towards the direction the man gave him.he located the house,he met a woman washing plat outside,he greeted and showed her the picture of the person he was looking for.
"who are you.that you are looking for my husband"this must be the woman he married
"am a friend of his someone sent me to deliver a message."he lied..
"wait for me here "she went inside.it was his father came out,the man hadnt changed one bit,he was still thatrugged looking man he was.he was carrying a bottle of local gin as he staggered,it took him a while before he recognised who he was,when he finally did he said nothing.
"what do you want?
"dad,whats the meaning of all these?"
"meaning of what?"
"is drinking the way?.everywhere i asked of you today,they will say one bad thing or the other about you.and i also heard that you re-married.what exactly is wrong with you?"
"you have no right to talk to me like that"
"am your son dad,am the only one who can tell you the truth.please stop all behaviour"he looked remorseful,maybe it was under the influence of the alcohol but he hoped the word got to him.
"if so then you must know that your mother is still alive....TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 6:49am On Sep 01, 2018
good morning guyz..happy saturday
Re: The contract by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 01, 2018
I like this story.. More update plz
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2018
I like your swift twist of direction...

It's getting more intriguing...

Izaray.... Come and eat breakfast

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2018
RICHARD
the statement he just heard was shoking and he found it very hard to believe..
"dad what do you mean my mom is still alive,i thought she died in that accident"
"yes.thas what everyone believed when the accident happened but on their way to the mortuary they found a pulse and took her to the hospital,she was saved.she spent three months in coma before she finally came around,i spent every of my last penny on her hospital bills,when she woke up she asked of you,then you had already ran away from home.i didnt tell her what happened in fear that something might happen to her.but she kept asking me.she later found out from one of her friends and she went looking for you.since then have not heard from her"he couldnt believe his ears,somebody he had always considered to be dead was finally alive,he couldnt stop the tears from falling from his eyes
"do you have any idea where she is staying?"he shook his head in the negative
"no i dont.the last i heard she was living around salenj side"now that he just found out that his mother is alive,he was going to do everything in his power to find her and reunite
"thank you dad.am so thankful"he dipped his hands into his pockets and found some notes and gave it to him.he was reluctant to accept it but after much convincing he did
"make sure you dont use on drinking alcohol.i will visit you when i have the chance.do you have a phone?".he nodded in the affirmative.he gave him his number and told him if he needs anything he should call him.he bade him goodbye and hurried off.when he got to his car,he noticed some boys gathered around it admiring the car.one seeing him all of them disperse,he got inside and drove off..
he couldnt go back to work because he was very exhausted and needed to rest so he went home after calling catherine he wont be coming back to the office,she was surprised.once at home he needed to start looking for his mother,which he didnt know how to get started.but he needed to a private investigator to help him.he picked up his phone and dialled emeka number.he picked it after a few rings
"hello sir.."
"hello emeka,please i need your help."
"on what sir?"
"am looking for someone.can you help me get a person i can hire that can help me look for that person"
"you mean a private searcher,"
"something like that"
"i will find out and get back to you sir"
"thank you emeka"he hanged up...immediately catherine call came in
"hello cat"
"helo.i called to find out whats wrong?"i dont understand what you are saying"
"i mean going home by his time of the day when there is a lot of work to do"
"am sorry,but we will talk about it when you come home"
"alright"he hanged up..he began to imagine the day he would meet his mother...TBC

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
what I love most is the way you are going with this your story. Your story can't be predicted, this your story is like American movie . Not like all this our film that from starting point you can tell, how it will end. Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
jattopeter:
what I love most is the way you are going with this your story. Your story can't be predicted, this your story is like American movie . Not like all this our film that from starting point you can tell, how it will end. Cheers.

Exactly.... He has a PhD in story drifting..

More updates please

2 Likes

Re: The contract by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nice update... We need more
Re: The contract by pweetymhi(f): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
Nice one... Following
Re: The contract by jattopeter(m): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
Dholyboy:

Exactly.... He has a PhD in story drifting..

More updates please
Just that he too dy delay be 4 he posts, and if he now want to post just small
Re: The contract by donteanz(m): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
The Story Has Actually Grown Beyond What I Was Expecting. The Turns It Has Taken Has Made It Super-interesting

1 Like

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 7:30am On Sep 02, 2018
good morning and happy sunday to you all
Re: The contract by marychommy(f): 9:01am On Sep 02, 2018
marvel morning to u too bit dis morning will be good with a lengthy update. pls update waiting
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2018
jattopeter:
Just that he too dy delay be 4 he posts, and if he now want to post just small

sure.. but he's doing his best..
At least the updates now are a bit longer to the previous ones.

Typing no easy ooo

1 Like

Re: The contract by donteanz(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2018
marvel15:
good morning and happy sunday to you all
Abeg Make You Post Something This Morning. Biko
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
am in the church presently so wen i leave church i will surely update
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2018
marvel15:

Bros abeg stop commenting mbok. Any time is see Marvel15 update, I go rush open the thread, only to see comment. E dey scatter my dada.

Abeg you don hear enough of the word.. Come preach to us via more update. Biko

2 Likes

Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: The contract by seuncyber(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2018
marvel15:

Church don close oh

Happy Sunday
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
RICHARD
he and his wife came together from home that day.its was very strange and unusuall,considering the fact that they always came differently,but this morning was an exception,it felt kind of strange.he entered his office,he could see that everything was clean.he had given strict instructions to the cleaner that they must take special care of his office and he was pleased they did.he put his briefcase beside,opened it andbrought out some documents he was going to work on.a new contract just came in so he needed to draft how the whole thing was going to go.he said a short prayer and as he was about starting a call came in from his father-in-law,he quickly picked it.
"good morning sir.i hope you had a great night"
"of course my son.i feel great joy and peace in my heart.well.thats by the way,i called because i want to invite you and your wife later this evening to my house to celebrate,you know today is friday,so on sunday we will all go to church for a thanksgiving"
"thats great sir.we should always be grateful to God.and sir if there is anything i can help with please do gladly tell me."
"of course,but the maids are already doing that.so no need to bother yourself.make sure you pass my message on to your wife."
"of course i will sir."he hanged up and immediately dialed catherines number.it rang a few times before he picked before she picked
"hello"
"hello cat.your dad just called now inviting us to a party this evening in his house he organized it to thank God for his goodness and he also said we will gathere and go to church on sunday to glorify God."
"of course he should.alright we will surely be there"
"alright"he hanged up and continued with his work....he noticed a text had just came in from sandra.he smiled and quickly opened it.his smiles turned into sadness when he saw the text...
he looked at the text just to be sure of what he was seeing...he dialed her number immediately she picked on the first ring
"hello sandra.whats the meaning of all these?why do you want to break up"
"i felt this was the right thing to do"
"that was a wrong decision you took.okay give me one valid reason to back it up"
"what did you expect me to do?you dont have time for me only work."
"but i explained everything to you,my new position comes with a lot of responsibilities,and i explained everything to you,all you just need to do is endure and everything will be alright"
"havent i been enduring enough.its almost a year now richard.but i found out that you heart is not with me its with her"
"sandra please dont do like this,lets meet right away"
"am sorry,am busy"she said this and hanged up.this was what he feared most would happened and it finally did.he knew he didnt give her enough attention but he hoped she would endure till the whole fucking contract was over...he didnt know when his phone dropped from his hand,as he was about to pick it up a knock on the door,he composed himself
"please come in"emeka came in
"good morning sir"
"morning emeka,what about the investigator i asked you to get for me"
"i found someone who i believe is very good.i did a background check on him and this is what i found out"he handed him a paper,he was going to read it later so he placed it on the table
"so when will i meet him?"
"i will bring him to the office tomorrow"
"alright.thank you.you can now go"he bowed and headed out.he loosened his tie even thought the air con was on,he felt heated up..he still found it hard to believe that sandra dumped him...TBC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by AremoOG(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
Sandra text:am pregnant
Re: The contract by chigoizie7(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
Sandra Don catch belle
Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
I said it earlier...

Sandra is pregnant... Choi..

Double wahala. That Sandra could go to the extent of telling Mr Anthony the whole shit contract!!

Marvel15... Next please
Re: The contract by Damtola(f): 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nice piece. Bt it was short naw. Hope we re getting a lengthy one soon
Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
This Sandra is a bloody fool and a devil, she knowingly gave herself to Richard when it's her time
Re: The contract by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
pacifust058:
This Sandra is a bloody fool and a devil, she knowingly gave herself to Richard when it's her time
Bloody fool?
She didn't force Richard's thing into her, did she?
Re: The contract by marvel15(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
CATHERINE
they both got down from the car,she had noticed his moody attitude and she wondered what was actually wrong.she didnt like seeing him like this,with the few months they have been living together she had noticed he wasnt a bad person,it was all about communication she also noticed he was an enigma,and he will not discuss his personal problems with you.she hoped he was alright.they were welcomed by member of the family who came from different angle to celebrate with mr anthony.the compound was large enough to contain all of them.the pastor did the opening prayer,after that they they sang and danced before God almighty.the pastor called on mr anthony to come forward and share his experience with them,in his agbada which he walked majestically to the front as he took the microphone.
"i want to thank God for the grace he has given me to be standing in front of you.i knew i had cancer when it was later and they could do anything about it,the only treatment was chemotherapy which a very complicated process,he advised me that if i started my treatment at that time there was still hope for me,but i said no because i believed in God.and i got worse,my wife found out not long ago when i collapsed,she was shocked i could keep something as important as that from her,i begged her,she forgived me,but no one knew i pray in the secret not even my wife,it was a personal issue,i had to settle with God,as i got closer to my final months i still beieved in the Power of healing of jesus christ,my pastor who is here didnt know,but little did i know that God was waiting for the right time,and it finally came when i went to do my usuall text that was when i found out that the cancer had totally dissappeared.i want you all to know that whatever thing you are trusting God for,just believe he will come at the right time and he is never late.i want to give glory to God for healing me."he droped the mike after he was finished.the pastor took the mike and made his own speech
"i want you all to never give up on God because he will never give up on you.keep believing and your sky shall be your begining"he said and invited mr anthony younger brother for the closing prayer,after the closing prayer,they asked the guest to wait as entertainment was on the way....
when they got home late in the night after the whole ceremony.he was very exhausted and needed rest.
"richard,i noticed that you have been moody since afternoon.whats wrong?"
"cat,not now,lets talk about this tomorrow morning am tired"
"alright"she watched as he stood up and went inside.she saw his phone,she picked it up and fortunately for her it was not locked,she saw a message that was sent from sandra,she read the content and understood why he was moody.she felt sorry for him.she doped the phone when she heard footsteps,it must be him,he came and looked here and there
"what are you looking for?"
"have you seen my phone?"
"i wouldnt know where you put it"he checked where he was sitting previously and saw the phone.he picked it up and went inside after he wished her goodnight..TBC
"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The contract by Dholyboy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Marvel I don't know why you decided to truncate the updates..

Thanks for your time and consistency.
Re: The contract by pacifust058(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
Please, what's in the text?
Re: The contract by skubido(m): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
nawa ooo

OP tanks a lot for the update, sha plz comma continue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Unrequited / I See Things Others Do Not See... / In Memory Only (Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.