Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him (1924 Views)

Remembering How GEJ Was Stoned During The 2015 Presidential Campaign / How Otoge Movement And Offa Robbery Caused A Revolt For Saraki In Kwara Politics / Picture: This Was How GEJ Responded When Troops Needed Morale Boost -Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
I plan to write this article for an online publication. I have my reasons for distrusting GEJ but I still what to hear from fellow NL Igbos on their opinion. Which I might incorporate into my article. If I don't get any response, I will post my article as is and to say the least it will not take too kind to Mr. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by YungMillionaire: 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
I am not Igbo. But to say GEJ betrayed Igbos is a big fat lie. In terms of appointments, saturated his government with Igbos. In fact, some political commentators believe that the SW opposition to GEJ's re-election was connected to what they perceive as marginalization of their region during GEJ's tenure. Just my two cents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by dometome: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
YungMillionaire:
I am not Igbo. But to say GEJ betrayed Igbos is a big fat lie. In terms of appointments, saturated his government with Igbos. In fact, some political commentators believe that the SW opposition to GEJ's re-election was connected to what they perceive as marginalization of their region during GEJ's tenure. Just my two cents.
GEJ employed federal character in his government and he allowed a level playing field, appointed people based on merits, but the Yorubas were screaming blue murder beccause an Igbo man occupied a position they believed is only theirs. Now a yourba woman is there but she cannot even produce her NYSC certification

5 Likes

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Heartbender: 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Do not allow lucifer employ you. Satan gist no dey sell again. Try something new, okporoko
GodIsBiafran:
I plan to write this article for an online publication. I have my reasons for distrusting GEJ but I still what to hear from fellow NL Igbos on their opinion. Which I might incorporate into my article. If I don't get any response, I will post my article as is and to say the least it will not take too kind to Mr. Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Chuks9000: 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
So with all the issues in Nigeria, your headache seems to be that Igbos love GEJ?
You know why people migrate out of Nigeria? Because even in SA, you do not need a55 licking to get a job. When you get one, basic amenities are very affordable on the average.
Please tell me what works in this country?
Your headache should be how the beasts in human clothing can be stopped from hijacking the political systems just to fuel their greed.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Chuks9000: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
GodIsBiafran:
We have the Igbo all over the country. Only a true national development as Nigerians will solve our problem. Post whatever you like about GEJ, it will hardly address the ills of 1960 till date.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Ojiofor: 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
If GEJ betrayed Biafra what about Igbo governors?
In as much as you are at liberty to write whatever you pleases to beef GEJ because of Biafra you are OYO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:18am On Jul 21, 2018
YungMillionaire:

This thread is for Igbos please. No offense.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:20am On Jul 21, 2018
dometome:
GEJ employed federal character in his government and he allowed a level playing field, appointed people based on merits, but the Yorubas were screaming blue murder beccause an Igbo man occupied a position they believed is only theirs. Now a yourba woman is there but she cannot even produce her NYSC certification

Bia, in particular how did GEJ threat our Igbo freedom fighters? If you can answer this question then you will know why some of us are distrustful of the bloke.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:21am On Jul 21, 2018
Heartbender:
Do not allow lucifer employ you. Satan gist no dey sell again. Try something new, okporoko

Are you Igbo or Biafran? If you are not you will never understand. Thank you.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:23am On Jul 21, 2018
Chuks9000:
So with all the issues in Nigeria, your headache seems to be that Igbos love GEJ?
You know why people migrate out of Nigeria? Because even in SA, you do not need a55 licking to get a job. When you get one, basic amenities are very affordable on the average.
Please tell me what works in this country?
Your headache should be how the beasts in human clothing can be stopped from hijacking the political systems just to fuel their greed.

Calm down please. We can chew gum and walk at the same time. Just because I am writing an article on this particular topic does not mean I am not involved in other issues especially those affecting the Great Igbo nation. So stop preaching to the choir. Biko.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:24am On Jul 21, 2018
Jesse01:
Johnathan lost last election because he has too many igbo people in his cabinets.

he did a lot of you igbos lot's of favours. So how did he betray the biafra
movement?

You people are just looking for excuses for your failures, Instead of you igbos to hold you leaders responseible.but no you are not doing that.

You are just looking for who to shift the blames on. Please leave Jonathan
Alone,he own's no one anything .

So he did some favors for Igbos does not mean he is above criticism. Have you ever considered how GEJ's government treated Biafran Freedom fighters?
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:26am On Jul 21, 2018
Chuks9000:

We have the Igbo all over the country. Only a true national development as Nigerians will solve our problem. Post whatever you like about GEJ, it will hardly address the ills of 1960 till date.

The fundamental issue I have with GEJ is that he could have been a true advocate of the Igbo nation but he was too timid especially in the presence of the Fulani oligarchy. Ask yourself, how did GEJ treat our Biafran freedom fighters?
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

So he did some favors for Igbos does not mean he is above criticism. Have you ever considered how GEJ's government treated Biafran Freedom fighters?
how did he treat them? undecided
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:28am On Jul 21, 2018
Ojiofor:
If GEJ betrayed Biafra what about Igbo governors?
In as much as you are at liberty to write whatever you pleases to beef GEJ because of Biafra you are OYO.

Nna what type of foolish question is this? This proposed article is not about Igbo governors. If and when I decided to write about that I will let you know. So, if you have nothing to add to the current topic, kindly avoid quoting without making sense. Thank you. And I am not insulting you.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 12:31am On Jul 21, 2018
Jesse01:
how did he treat them? undecided

I have talked to more than half a dozen young men who were detained, dehumanized and tortured during GEJ's tenure. They were treated like animals simply because they wanted freedom for their people. So why should an average Igbo idolize such a tyrant?

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Chuks9000: 1:42am On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

Calm down please. We can chew gum and walk at the same time. Just because I am writing an article on this particular topic does not mean I am not involved in other issues especially those affecting the Great Igbo nation. So stop preaching to the choir. Biko.
Ok sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by balosunky(m): 2:31am On Jul 21, 2018
dometome:
Just like Buhari appointment is based on merit, so y are you screaming blue murder

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by ademoladeji(m): 3:37am On Jul 21, 2018
Jesse01:
Johnathan lost last election because he has too many igbo people in his cabinets.he did a lot of you igbos lot's of favours. So how did he betray the biafra movement?

You people are just looking for excuses for your failures, Instead of you igbos to hold you leaders responseible.but no you are not doing that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by dometome: 7:17am On Jul 21, 2018
balosunky:
Just like Buhari appointment is based on merit, so y are you screaming blue murder
please What merit? Just name one
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by dometome: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

Bia, in particular how did GEJ threat our Igbo freedom fighters? If you can answer this question then you will know why some of us are distrustful of the bloke.
GEJ instituted a national conference that its recomendations if applied will solve a lot of problems.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Heartbender: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2018
Baba, I don't have to be a psycho to accept your delusion.
GodIsBiafran:

Are you Igbo or Biafran? If you are not you will never understand. Thank you.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2018
noted

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Ojiofor: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

Nna what type of foolish question is this? This proposed article is not about Igbo governors. If and when I decided to write about that I will let you know. So, if you have nothing to add to the current topic, kindly avoid quoting without making sense. Thank you. And I am not insulting you.

You are free to write your bullshit,I am not in anyway insulting you teşekkül ederim.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Ziggylady(f): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2018
Jesse01:
Johnathan lost last election because he has too many igbo people in his cabinets.he did a lot of you igbos lot's of favours. So how did he betray the biafra movement?

Kindly apply caution when calling out Igbos in respect to Jonathan and this thread,as we speak the largest number of Jonathan defenders on both the Social media(Nairaland for instance) and reality are Igbos....much more than the 'Niger-Deltans'

Therefore i fail to see how a thread opened by a clownish dolt calling himself 'GodisBiafran' translates to Igbos complaining about Jonathan..be guided please.

2 Likes

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by EternalTruths: 9:48am On Jul 21, 2018
Jesse01:

Who told you he is Igbo.?

Sometimes think before you respond to fake Igbos on Nairaland

Go and delete that post of yours before we Igbos shred you into pieces.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by dometome: 9:48am On Jul 21, 2018
balosunky:
Tell me the name of just one person that is there by merit. Maybe I can help, Kemi Adeosun, Fashola the lawyer, Buhari himself who is the minister of petroleum. Buhari is actually fulfilling most of my wishes, ie punishing nigerians and I will want him to do it for 4 more years.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Bodexman(m): 9:52am On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

Speak or write your mind out.

Not all igbos adore GEJ.

Sentiments should not becloud your reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2018
Of all the issues on ground, if you ask me, this is an unnecessary distraction!

OP channel your energy to useful topics or better still go let EXPLORER tutor you! Ndigbo knows their enemies, they don't need anyone to show them!

2 Likes

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Ndonu101: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2018
Not all Igbos are in support of Biafra

So are you saying those Igbos who have nothing to do with Biafra should not admire GEJ if they feel like it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by BabaRamota1980: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2018
OP,
Im not Biafran but you will hear my input. Igbos ruined what otherwise could have been a good regime under Jonathan.

Everything that doesnt go your way is betrayal. In what way did he betray you, that he didn't hand over to you?

We are in a democracy, nobody is going to hand over to you. Compete, and if you fail review and learn lesson on how you can make better next time, not sulking and blaming people for your failure.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jubilation As Saraki Enters NASS Foray - Vanguard / Buhari In Kano: Steer Clear Of Thread If You Are Hypertensive, & Support Atiku. / PDP Hits Back After Buhari Said God Will Punish Party Leaders Over Looting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.